Page 118 of 147 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,540 of 4404

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Madmya might be a dick but come on, lets not silence one of the few dissenting voices in this circlejerk thread. How is that guy getting mod/admin attention but the guy who makes entire posts consisting of "be quiet adults are speaking" doesn't?
    Please.

Dissenting? There should be no one that's both a Nine Inch Nails fan knowing good and goddamn well what TR thinks of Trump and has a functioning brain that is capable of reading/seeing the harmful, hateful, evil, quite possibly illegal shit Trump has done and will continue doing. There's no argument that can counter that the vast majority of republicans in office are party over country and are looking the other way (or tweeting about how "disappointed" they are without ever doing anything about it).

I said this several pages back but I'll repeat it: I am done trying to reason with them because they're unreasonable. If you support Trump and his policies, if you think fucking nazis deserve to "have their voices heard too," if you think all lives matter brah--fuck you forever. They get no sympathy from me. I'm through hearing them out. I don't give a fuck if they live here or not. Their perspective is so very warped and they're enabling an orange sociopathic diaper baby to impede progress and ruin lives.

Fuck them.
    Last edited by Swykk; 09-03-2017 at 02:16 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Madmya might be a dick but come on, lets not silence one of the few dissenting voices in this circlejerk thread. How is that guy getting mod/admin attention but the guy who makes entire posts consisting of "be quiet adults are speaking" doesn't?
    Because the guy telling the guy to shut up is talking to a fucking troll?

Look, I'm down to talk to a dissenting opinion, but fuck this guy.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    North Korea just dropped a Hydrogen Bomb that measured 6.0 on the richter scale. 10 times larger than their previous bombs.

Apparently people in China near the boarder ran out of their buildings screaming.....

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    Ouch. Would you like moderated posts? It's where we mute you to everyone and only we can approve what you post. That might not be a bad thing in your case, though. Let us know. All you have to do is reply with snark again.
    Now who's being a dick?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    I decided to start a blog, because fuck trolls.

https://beingwrongisawesome.wordpress.com/
    And just on this, it's pretty funny how I mentioned to you earlier about "retreating to the moral high ground". Something I've mentioned to others regarding the far left is that "when defeated with logic, they retreat to the moral high ground". You've put this in words in your blog.

Basically, what you are saying is that feelings > facts. It's okay to be wrong, so long as you are morally righteous. I detest this sentiment - it's incredibly dangerous. It's how countries become bankrupt - but it's okay because I feel good about myself, right? Relying on feelings is what leads to wrong decisions.

The only good thing about being wrong is that you now know what the right answer is, generally speaking.

Conservatives are human too, you know?
    Last edited by Madmya; 09-03-2017 at 04:34 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladdinsanity View Post
    Super neat primer on the alt-right's methods in recruitment and spreading ideology.

This is awesome. Is there a way to make these points in a more palatable way?

Not to get off topic, but I feel like the old adage about Canadian politics applies, they say the average Canadian is socially liberal and economically conservative. Is there a way to shift the conversation away from the fear mongering over economic woes that conservatives pray on to take away workers rights and minorities rights into something more realistic and beneficial?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmya View Post
    And just on this, it's pretty funny how I mentioned to you earlier about "retreating to the moral high ground". Something I've mentioned to others regarding the far left is that "when defeated with logic, they retreat to the moral high ground". You've put this in words in your blog.

Basically, what you are saying is that feelings > facts. It's okay to be wrong, so long as you are morally righteous. I detest this sentiment - it's incredibly dangerous. It's how countries become bankrupt - but it's okay because I feel good about myself, right? Relying on feelings is what leads to wrong decisions.

The only good thing about being wrong is that you now know what the right answer is, generally speaking.

Conservatives are human too, you know?
    Boundaries are important. That's something grown-ups have learned.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Another "grown-up" reply.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    What's the dissenting opinion in posting this or "calm down, mate"? That doesn't add to the discussion and is rather inflammatory. You wanna battle it out? Take it PMs and let's get back on topic.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Several have called me a child when I've not resorted to name calling, and you pull me up on that? Give yourself an uppercut.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Ehh, re-read my post - while I quoted Madmya, I addressed "the thread"

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Several have called me a child when I've not resorted to name calling, and you pull me up on that?
    Decent start.

Give yourself an uppercut.
    There's where you lost me.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    I fail to see how this contributes to the conversation.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    Boundaries are important.
    Good start.

That's something grown-ups have learned.
    Don't be a dick!

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Now who's being a dick?
    Why are you posting this? Please let the moderators do the moderating.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Is it a Trump thread or an anti-Trump thread?
    Why not both?

*Hello Leviathant, it appears someone has the wrong opinion in the Trump thread, please censor the fascist*
    You can start complaining about being censored for your opinion as soon as you get censored for your opinion. If administrative action is going to be taken against you, it's because you're being an asshole.

Experience tells me you're either not going to stop being an asshole, and I'll ban you now, or you'll shape up a little bit, but every now and then lash out. From there, I'll either be sending you a PM ever 18-20 months about how "We talked about this and you can do better", or you'll eventually cross the line and I'll shitcan you then.

Prove me wrong. Engage in some civil fucking discourse.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Clearly this troll is Obama's fault...
    Last edited by Dryalex12; 09-03-2017 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Edited to let you know this was my lame ass attempt at a joke

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Or this tuba player:

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    As a riff on the old Wonder Showzen skit, I reacted to the videos posted above as such:

@allegro Funny!

Giving nazis a live cartoony soundtrack to both drown out their chants and paint them as the jokes they are was good soup.

@DigitalChaos Not Funny!

The old timey schtick didn't work. At all. I gave up after two minutes.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Once more with feeling: Fuck him, anyone that supports him and his evil bullshit.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...igrants-242301
    Last edited by Swykk; 09-03-2017 at 10:32 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Once more with feeling: Fuck him, anyone that supports him and his evil bullshit.

hey now, stop overreacting!!!! I live in a different continent and have casual opinions! Calm down mate!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    So if I'm getting this right, Congress as 6 months to pass agree on legislation or 800,000 people will lose their work permit and be deported?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post

I think he gets off on making others stuffer.

He's not just a narcissist, he's a sadist too.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    So if I'm getting this right, Congress as 6 months to pass agree on legislation or 800,000 people will lose their work permit and be deported?
    Pretty much, yeah; it affects children who came here with their parents. The idea behind kicking this to Congress was that Obama did not have the authority under Executive power to pass this DACA in the first place. So, now we have to see if Congress does the right thing.

I'm watching MSNBC; lots of these kids don't remember their country of origin, and they only speak English or very broken minimal language of the country of their birth. Some of them are saying they might have to move to Canada or France to finish their educations, rather than be deported to a country they do not know against their wishes.
    Last edited by allegro; 09-04-2017 at 12:57 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    When ICE Came for the Chaldeans; Michigan’s Chaldean Christians escaped persecution in Iraq and helped Donald Trump win the presidency. Now, they’re at risk of deportation.

The Chaldeans of Michigan have a conservative history, consistently supporting the Republican Party with votes and donations, and they voted heavily for Donald Trump in the 2016 election, helping him win Michigan by fewer than 11,000 votes. Trump and Vice President Mike Pence inspired many Chaldeans to show up at voting booths with unprecedented enthusiasm by promising to protect persecuted Christians in the Middle East. A Chaldean priest publicly blessed Trump while he was on the campaign trail, and conservative Christians praised Trump’s commitment to Christian minorities on Facebook. Few in the community expected that Trump’s immigration crackdown—touted in part as a means to protect the country from radical Islamists—would come to target them.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I'm really unsure how to feel about Trump supporters of any ilk having that shocking moment where they're suddenly getting fucked... It doesn't really make anything better, except I guess it shuts up some obnoxious people in a terrible way.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Or this tuba player:

IT'S A SOUSAPHONE NOT A GODDAMN TUBA

*sorry*

I know it's been addressed by the original uploader. I know lots of other people have made the same comment. Just...band geek from a low brass family.

*sorry again*

Edit: if this was posted on social media by Obama's official WH photographer, it would be a Pete Souzaphone.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    How on earth the democratic party was so deluded that they thought anyone would get excited over a 70 year old dated robot Washington elite like Hilary Clinton whose husband had already been president.
    its mind boggling to think that out of a country of 325 million people that was all they had to offer.....

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Bruh its a goddamned tuba with the bell facing forward so the sound projects forward... for marching. sousaphones are fucking marching tubas with basically no difference besides sound projection
    Look at the video again. Note the way it goes over his shoulder and around his back. Very clearly a sousaphone. And I know this is off topic, but goddamnit, it feels good to argue about something less depressing than how horribly our country is being "managed" at the moment.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    How on earth the democratic party was so deluded that they thought anyone would get excited over a 70 year old dated robot Washington elite like Hilary Clinton whose husband had already been president.
    its mind boggling to think that out of a country of 325 million people that was all they had to offer.....
    They had someone better to offer. They offered him. But then they also actively worked to suppress his campaign, which potentially cost him the primary and ultimately the election.