Page 115 of 147 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,450 of 4404

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Okay, let's take a poll: Will Trump last one full term, or will he resign/be impeached by the House and found guilty in the Senate?

I bet he resigns within the next 18 months.
    I doubt he will resign. He's too much of a narcissist to do that. It's likely he'll be impeached or... killed....

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Okay, let's take a poll: Will Trump last one full term, or will he resign/be impeached by the House and found guilty in the Senate?

I bet he resigns within the next 18 months.
    The two are not mutually exclusive. Not even Nixon had the balls to consider pardoning himself. He won't ever resign, this isn't a high budget production of King Lear. He's the most powerful man in the world; even though millions of people hate him and the world is at the brink of global devastation, why would a pathological narcissist even consider stepping down?
    Last edited by botley; 08-28-2017 at 09:37 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    The two are not mutually exclusive. Not even Nixon had the balls to consider pardoning himself. He won't ever resign, this isn't a high budget production of King Lear. He's the most powerful man in the world; even though millions of people hate him and the world is at the brink of global devastation, why would a pathological narcissist even consider stepping down?
    If he loses support in Congress...

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    If he loses support in Congress...
    He already had when the Republicans lost the skinny repeal vote on Healthcare. That was a key piece of his election platform ("you'll be getting a better deal, absolutely you will, we're going to repeal Obamacare and make it ten times better" etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.) and he now acts like he never even brought it up, because he doesn't actually give a fuck about governance.

The reality is that to remove him against his will, someone would have to invoke section four of the 25th amendment, which has never happened before, and continues to be an unlikely path to removal as Pence would perhaps be even more of a disaster in the office for some of Congress's constituents to stomach. Even then, Pence would be Acting President as Trump doesn't actually have to step down, and would likely drag it out until he lost the primary in the next general election.
    Last edited by botley; 08-28-2017 at 10:03 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Jesus fucking christ, A FUCKING HURRICANE RAVAGING A STATE IN THE COUNTRY HE RUNS IS JUST "RATINGS" TO HIM!!!?!?

I fucking CANT with this piece of shit. Jesus fucking christ.
    Dude, just sit down, breathe and regather yourself. You're being dramatic.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    No, it is the psychopaths running the country who are being dramatic.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    All those distressing Clinton emails... Lock her up...

Ummmmmm.... https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/08/2...lix-sater.html

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I don't understand the same-team attacks going on in this tweet thread. Hayes is saying that Trumps email is worse than Clintons but people are jumping on him about Clinton. Direct that anger appropriately!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmya View Post
    Dude, just sit down, breathe and regather yourself. You're being dramatic.
    AHEM

It says you're from Australia, mate. Which means I'm guessing you do not currently live here in America, and are not experiencing this first hand. Therefor do not tell me I'm being dramatic, when the asshole that is supposed to be leading the country that I live in, refers to a devastating hurricane that some of MY OWN FRIENDS that I know are being effected by in Houston, as fucking TELEVISION RATINGS. I'm not going to tell you how to emotionally react to Australian politics, so how about you just keep watching this shit show and make your own observations about it all you want, but don't have the fucking nerve to tell people of that country you're making observations on how to react to those situations.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    All those distressing Clinton emails... Lock her up...

Ummmmmm.... https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/08/2...lix-sater.html
    I am completely flabbergasted.

I'm burnt out on this topic. Something needs to be done, but I need to walk away from US Politics for a while, because this has gone beyond the point of shock and outrage, and moved into the point where I'm simply accepting what's happening because I'm too tired of it to be outraged anymore.

I need a break from this crap. To my American friends I feel truly sorry for you having to experience this.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I don't understand the same-team attacks going on in this tweet thread. Hayes is saying that Trumps email is worse than Clintons but people are jumping on him about Clinton. Direct that anger appropriately!
    Well, and this Sater stuff, from what we've seen so far, seems to indicate that (a) Sater doesn't and didn't actually know anybody in the Russian government, (b) Sater is a real estate agent who's mostly full of shit, and (c) Sater has no connections to Trump other than Sater was a listing agent for some Trump commercial properties and was apparently trying to broker some kind of imaginary deal for his own benefit, and there were little or no parties interested in him being involved. I deal with a lot of clients' listing agents and they are no different than one you'd hire to sell your house.

Pres. Trump constantly went on and continues going on about H Clinton's DELETED emails but he knows his fans are too stupid and simple to find out that Trump, himself, has had emails deleted in many lawsuits, and was even nearly held in contempt of court for doing so. He knows full well that H Clinton's deleted emails were personal emails not subject to FOIA, but he also knows his base totally believes anything he says. Anything. So, he'll say "this is all fake news" and they'll all go "yes, Boss, make America great again, we love you!"

Want an example that shocked me?

THIS BOOK is currently No. 7 on the New York Times Bestseller list for non-fiction:

The Big Lie: Exposing the Nazi Roots of the American Left by Dinesh D'Souza.

What is "the big lie" of the Democratic Party? That conservatives—and President Donald Trump in particular—are fascists. Nazis, even. In a typical comment, MSNBC host Rachel Maddow says the Trump era is reminiscent of "what it was like when Hitler first became chancellor."

But in fact, this audacious lie is a complete inversion of the truth. Yes, there is a fascist threat in America—but that threat is from the Left and the Democratic Party. The Democratic left has an ideology virtually identical with fascism and routinely borrows tactics of intimidation and political terror from the Nazi Brownshirts.

To cover up their insidious fascist agenda, Democrats loudly accuse President Trump and other Republicans of being Nazis—an obvious lie, considering the GOP has been fighting the Democrats over slavery, genocide, racism and fascism from the beginning.

Now, finally, Dinesh D'Souza explodes the Left's big lie. He expertly exonerates President Trump and his supporters, then uncovers the Democratic Left's long, cozy relationship with Nazism: how the racist and genocidal acts of early Democrats inspired Adolf Hitler's campaign of death; how fascist philosophers influenced the great 20th century lions of the American Left; and how today's anti-free speech, anti-capitalist, anti-religious liberty, pro-violence Democratic Party is a frightening simulacrum of the Nazi Party.

Hitler coined the term "the big lie" to describe a lie that "the great masses of the people" will fall for precisely because of how bold and monstrous the lie is. In The Big Lie, D'Souza shows that the Democratic Left's orchestrated campaign to paint President Trump and conservatives as Nazis to cover up its own fascism is, in fact, the biggest lie of all.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-29-2017 at 12:52 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Well, and this Sater stuff, from what we've seen so far, seems to indicate that (a) Sater doesn't and didn't actually know anybody in the Russian government, (b) Sater is a real estate agent who's mostly full of shit, and (c) Sater has no connections to Trump other than Sater was a listing agent for some Trump commercial properties and was apparently trying to broker some kind of imaginary deal for his own benefit, and there were little or no parties interested in him being involved. I deal with a lot of clients' listing agents and they are no different than one you'd hire to sell your house.

Pres. Trump constantly went on and continues going on about H Clinton's DELETED emails but he knows his fans are too stupid and simple to find out that Trump, himself, has had emails deleted in many lawsuits, and was even nearly held in contempt of court for doing so. He knows full well that H Clinton's deleted emails were personal emails not subject to FOIA, but he also knows his base totally believes anything he says. Anything. So, he'll say "this is all fake news" and they'll all go "yes, Boss, make America great again, we love you!"

Want an example that shocked me?

THIS BOOK is currently No. 7 on the New York Times Bestseller list for non-fiction:

The Big Lie: Exposing the Nazi Roots of the American Left by Dinesh D'Souza.
    I'm kinda done with this for at least a little while you're not going to change their mind and they are not going to change mine do something more productive and enjoyable like go to the gym or i don't know dentist, but name calling when all said and done I want to be judged by my actions and not some bumper sticker or hat with a dumb ass slogan on it. then get out there and do it get involved in local government hell start a protest band,
    -Louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Here, I have a gift for you, @Louie_Cypher

You're welcome.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    thanks made my day

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I doubt he will resign. He's too much of a narcissist to do that. It's likely he'll be impeached or... killed....
    I'm going with massive heart attack or stroke given all the rage that's allegedly going on behind the scenes. Hell, just the public rage is probably enough.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Trump in Texas "What a crowd, what a turnout"

He just can't help himself.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Trump in Texas "What a crowd, what a turnout"

He just can't help himself.
    When I first saw this, I assumed I was reading a satire page...

Nope... I wanna say I just can't fucking believe that, but, I can't honestly say that anymore. He could have started throwing tear-gas canisters into the crowd while saying it, and it probably wouldn't be any more or less shocking.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    AHEM

It says you're from Australia, mate. Which means I'm guessing you do not currently live here in America, and are not experiencing this first hand. Therefor do not tell me I'm being dramatic, when the asshole that is supposed to be leading the country that I live in, refers to a devastating hurricane that some of MY OWN FRIENDS that I know are being effected by in Houston, as fucking TELEVISION RATINGS. I'm not going to tell you how to emotionally react to Australian politics, so how about you just keep watching this shit show and make your own observations about it all you want, but don't have the fucking nerve to tell people of that country you're making observations on how to react to those situations.
    Emotions are running high, confirmed. Take a seat, breathe, and take it easy for a while.

Edit: I mean, seriously, he has to have his mind running on more than just one thing. North Korea just fired a missile over Japan, OH BUT TEXAS IS UNDERWATER! FULL ATTENTION HERE NAZI SYMPATHISER!!!1! Any good leader should not be ruled by emotion.
    Last edited by Madmya; 08-29-2017 at 09:52 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    trying to resist the urge to post but this is far beyond disgusting: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ushpmg00000009
    -Louie

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I don't disagree with anything you've said, but the overreaction is clear and there for all to see. He mentioned he thought it was a good time to announce something as ratings would be high due to the hurricane. That doesn't warrant a meltdown. It's just another day in the irrational and hysterical assessment of everything Trump does. Shit, even Melania's shoes are in the headlines here in Australia. Identity politics is off the Richter and it needs to be reigned in.

Edit: For example, see the post above. A hat is enraging someone. Shoes are enraging others.
    Last edited by Madmya; 08-29-2017 at 11:07 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I don't disagree with anything you've said, but the overreaction is clear and there for all to see. He mentioned he thought it was a good time to announce something as ratings would be high due to the hurricane. That doesn't warrant a meltdown. It's just another day in the irrational and hysterical assessment of everything Trump does. Shit, even Melania's shoes are in the headlines here in Australia. Identity politics is off the Richter and it needs to be reigned in.

Edit: For example, see the post above. A hat is enraging someone. Shoes are enraging others.
    OH COME THE FUCK ON. The president of the United States just showed up to a gathering in the wake of a national disaster, speaking to victims of a disaster, and he STILL needed to make a shout out to himself for crowd size.

If you don't see that for what it is, you're going to need to clarify why you're indifferent to that narcissistic streak. Talking about RATINGS right now? WHAT THE FUCK.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Sit down @Jinsai , calm yourself, breathe. I never mentioned anything about the event you're talking about, nor defended him on that. As far I'm aware he wasn't talking about ratings in a narcissistic manner but as a reasoning for the timing of his announcement. Jesus, you're frothing mad over nothing here - that's entirely my point. Get a grip.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Frothing at the mouth? Calm down? Calm yourself, breathe?

Have you ever tried offering these suggestions to a significant other when they're REALLY FUCKING PISSED OFF? Try it.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Sit down @Jinsai, calm yourself, breathe. I never mentioned anything about the event you're talking about, nor defended him on that. As far I'm aware he wasn't talking about ratings in a narcissistic manner but as a reasoning for the timing of his announcement. Jesus, you're frothing mad over nothing here - that's entirely my point. Get a grip.
    YOU ARE RESPONDING to a thing, an event, that you're saying you never said anything about!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    For clarification: Trump stood on a car, and said to a crowd of people in a town that had just been ravaged and destroyed by a storm, and had to take a moment out of his speech to praise the "turnout." That's what you're defending.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    @Jinsai

Yes, richardp was going mental about him mentioning ratings. This was before he even arrived in Texas. It was about the person he pardoned. Breathe mate.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Hey @Swykk , are you facepalming my previous post because I'm wrong? Had he already arrived in Texas, gloated about his crowd attendances before he mentioned ratings for Arpaio's pardon?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    The facepalms are a reaction to you acting like an asshole to people that actually care about how terrible and dangerous Trump is. It doesn't really matter which event came first. The point is in how little he cared about the storm ravaging the city and ruining lives of the people in it. He only cares about himself. He's a sociopathic orange toddler still campaigning in the midst of a disaster after pardoning a fellow criminal racist shitbag.

We are right to react as we are. Fuck off with your "chill out brah." You're not here and moreover, you clearly aren't in touch.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    On that note, I bow out of this thread comfortable in knowing that the majority of anti-Trumpsters are incapable of rational and logical thought when it comes to Trump. Paralysed by hysteria and identity politics.

Edit: It's all in the topic ffs - Year Zero... fuck me.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    On that note, I bow out of this thread comfortable in knowing that the majority of anti-Trumpsters are incapable of rational and logical thought when it comes to Trump. Paralysed by hysteria and identity politics.

Edit: It's all in the topic ffs - Year Zero... fuck me.
    Go tell your own citizens of Australia to calm down and breath, mate. Kindly fuck off with that garbage, while we here in America have to sit by and watch our President avoid interacting with flood victims, giving a speech hidden behind several vehicles, all while plugging his own merchandise and crowd sizes, when there are millions of our own citizens dying out there in Texas waiting for relief, as the rain CONTINUES to fall several days later.

Seriously dude, go fuck yourself. Go sit down, take a deep breath mate, calm down, then go fuck yourself again. And when you're done fucking yourself that time, take a deep breath, calm down some more mate, then you know what, go ahead and go fuck yourself a third time.