29 Post(s)
    i think it maybe time to look at the 25th amendment
    -Louie

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    -Louie
    Probably. Pence is awful too, but at least I think he's less likely to start world war 3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    Probably. Pence is awful too, but at least I think he's less likely to start world war 3.
    True. Though Pence has Dominionist tendencies, which are frightening - but likely harder to get the whole Congress behind.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    For 2018 and 2020, CONGRESS IS WAYYYYYY MORE IMPORTANT THAN WHOMEVER IS IN THE WHITE HOUSE.
    too important to be bottom-paged.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    -Louie
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/03/politi...ump/index.html

tl:dr - it's not clear if it even applies to being mentally incapacitated, but even if it did, it would be virtually impossible to actually enact this.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    too important to be bottom-paged.
    I really, highly, doubt that there is going to be any good amount of voter turn out for mid-term elections.
    There never is, incumbents stay in office, this has always happened.
    I've gone to every mid-term election that I could go to since I started voting.
    I learned the hard way that it really doesn't fucking mater because people don't give a shit.
    Everything stays the same even if we swapped out Republicans for Democrats or whichever party if by some miracle that someone else got elected instead of the incumbent.
    I honestly don't think the next mid-term elections are going to do much of anything.
    I think I might skip out on even bothering to go next time, maybe, depending if I'm still in my fuck it mood cause it pisses my off that people waste a chance for actual representation for my vote to mater.

Mentioned
    708 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    I really, highly, doubt that there is going to be any good amount of voter turn out for mid-term elections.
    I learned the hard way that it really doesn't fucking mater because people don't give a shit.
    Everything stays the same even if we swapped out Republicans for Democrats or whichever party if by some miracle that someone else got elected instead of the incumbent.
    I honestly don't think the next mid-term elections are going to do much of anything.
    I think I might skip out on even bothering to go next time, maybe, depending if I'm still in my fuck it mood cause it pisses my off that people waste a chance for actual representation for my vote to mater.
    Well, but we went from a Congress controlled entirely by Democrats to the total opposite due (primarily) to the ACA. The threat of losing the ACA, etc., could well motivate people in this country again. Each single vote is important. Yes, gerrymandering has really hurt the Democratic party, as has fucking with voting rights formerly protected by the Voters Rights Act. But, the more people who exercise their right to vote, the more that can change.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    i think midterms will depend on if trump, can put Russian allegations in his review mirror, the only thing keeping his approval ratings out of the teens is the market still keeps plugging along, i still think there will be a large turn out
    -Louie

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Holy shit, if this is true then I can no longer say that nothing can surprise me.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/i/moments...6741554177?m=1

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Holy shit, if this is true then I can no longer say that nothing can surprise me.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/i/moments...6741554177?m=1
    Finally his own state run media...well not including Fox.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Some interesting quotes here...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ts-border-wall

If anything, he really does care what the media thinks of him...

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Some interesting quotes here...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ts-border-wall

If anything, he really does care what the media thinks of him...
    He's a textbook narcissist; was it ever supposed that he didn't care what the media thinks of him? There's a reason he gets his "news" from sources who only support him - he doesn't like to hear people say mean things about him. He cares a lot; it's part of the reason his war on media even exists.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Mentioned
    708 Post(s)
    I just hope they don't impale a grand jury.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    comments sections are "abuzz" with what kind of new distraction is in the works i bet they are wishing "the mooch" pocketed Cheetos's phone on his way out
    -Louie

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    And yet, the 2010 midterm was decisive in handcuffing the Obama presidency and establishing the rise of the tea party:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw41...8&spfreload=10

I'd love to think a liberal resurgence could do the same to Trump, but I don't believe it will happen: the Dems look like they're stumbling around utterly stunned and clueless.
    Last edited by aggroculture; 08-03-2017 at 06:35 PM.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    And yet, the 2010 midterm was decisive in handcuffing the Obama presidency and establishing the rise of the tea party:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw41...8&spfreload=10

I'd love to think a liberal resurgence could do the same to Trump, but I don't believe it will happen: the Dems look like they're stumbling around utterly stunned and clueless.
    The "a better deal" roll-out was lame, but if anyone is stumbling around utterly stunned and clueless it's the sitting president. I honestly don't know if he will finish his term in office.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    They'll have ample time to embalm.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    he's really become a brown, greasy stain on humanity

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.813974ad24df

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    thanks that was good read, what concerns I think by next year we will see much more corruption and out right lying from CEO's and others in power, citizen's tend to subconsciously reflect our leaders, this troubles me as it's not direct, but subtle so when we complain about athlete's or entertainers being role models and to behave appropriately, i don't know of any parent who would reward their child for acting like Trump.
    -Louie

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    The "a better deal" roll-out was lame, but if anyone is stumbling around utterly stunned and clueless it's the sitting president. I honestly don't know if he will finish his term in office.
    I think the idea that Trump has no idea what he's doing has been the perfect cover which lets him and the GOP get away with exactly what they're doing, right under our noses: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.4f30b14dc334
    Key quote: "Many of Trumpís judicial nominees will be deciding the scope of our civil liberties and the shape of civil rights laws in the year 2050 ó and beyond."

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Eric Boling, another subhuman piece of shit who gives Trump blowjobs for a living on Fox News, sent picture of his dick to multiple women at Fox. Currently suspended. Not exactly a hot take here, but it's no surprise that the biggest Trumpers turn out to be complete slimeballs. Like most hypocritical right-wingers.

Mentioned
    708 Post(s)
    The Christians for Michelle Bachman Facebook page gives me much-needed laughs every day.

https://www.facebook.com/C4MB18.0/

This one today is awesome:

https://m.facebook.com/C4MB18.0/phot...939488/?type=3

IMG_0687.JPG

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    but it's no surprise that the biggest Trumpers turn out to be complete slimeballs. Like most hypocritical right-wingers.

*cough* former Congressman Anthony Weiner, Democrat *cough*

Let's not pretend, or even insinuate, that people on the left are magically incapable of being total slimeball shitbags.

@allegro why am I laughing so hard at "8:80am - Wake Up"?

Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Eric Boling, another subhuman piece of shit who gives Trump blowjobs for a living on Fox News, sent picture of his dick to multiple women at Fox. Currently suspended. Not exactly a hot take here, but it's no surprise that the biggest Trumpers turn out to be complete slimeballs. Like most hypocritical right-wingers.
    Ah fuck, this was the "boobs on the ground" guy, right? Maybe now they'll ACTUALLY fire him!

Why is it that every guy who is a "personality" on Fox is a raging sexist piece of shit who just can't stop themselves from harassing women they work with? What is it about the work environment there?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    you don't get fired at fox, you just do like Trump when the going gets tough go on vacation
    -Louie

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post

*cough* former Congressman Anthony Weiner, Democrat *cough*

Let's not pretend, or even insinuate, that people on the left are magically incapable of being total slimeball shitbags.
    I hear you. I'm not trying to stay that if you lean left you can't be a bad person etc. But the key word in what I wrote was "hypocrite". Weiner is a fucked up narcissist who can't keep it in his pants, and needs to be out of public office for good. BUT, Weiner did NOT build his name off judging others that cheated, sent dick pics, etc. There was no holier than thou attitude about people's personal lives. Fox News hosts like O'Reilly and this smug prick traffic in that kinda finger wagging ever day. Hypocrisy at its core. Fuck them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hear you. I'm not trying to stay that if you lean left you can't be a bad person etc. But the key word in what I wrote was "hypocrite". Weiner is a fucked up narcissist who can't keep it in his pants, and needs to be out of public office for good. BUT, Weiner did NOT build his name off judging others that cheated, sent dick pics, etc. There was no holier than thou attitude about people's personal lives. Fox News hosts like O'Reilly and this smug prick traffic in that kinda finger wagging ever day. Hypocrisy at its core. Fuck them.
    So, the vibe i get is ,,, judging others who sent dick pics is worse than sending dick pics? ..... as we are judging someone who sent dick picks? *allegedly*. It should be noted that this allegedly happened "several years ago" according to nbc. bit of a delayed reaction, makes ya wonder.

Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mewsick View Post
    So, the vibe i get is ,,, judging others who sent dick pics is worse than sending dick pics? ..... as we are judging someone who sent dick picks? *allegedly*. It should be noted that this allegedly happened "several years ago" according to nbc. bit of a delayed reaction, makes ya wonder.
    What?! He's making a point about hypocrisy.