Page 107 of 141 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,210 of 4229

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Exactly. There's no point in trying to rationally discuss things with those who do not live in reality and work with facts.

If you voted for Trump or support him and the GOP, I'm done wasting time trying to convince you why you've chosen poorly and are only likely hurting yourself, your loved ones and the planet at this point. You're evil, stupid or both. End of the line.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    What's there to laugh about? They're never more than about two votes away from fucking over me, my partner, several members of my family, and at least 20 million other people. It would only be funny if Democrats held a strong majority and there wasn't even a snowball's chance in hell that they might accidentally convince enough people to vote for such damaging legislation.

Meanwhile...child troll living in parents' basement* dupes Fox News into interview; president likely saw it aboard Air Force One and believed it was real.

*personal speculation based on age and maturity level
    I don't think you have anything to worry about. GOB moderates will always clash with the most conservative wing of the party.
    You'll die of natural cause before they can agree on a repeal & replace bill.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    I just typed out a long post about how @allegro is probably mostly right and we need to remember to not punch an opposing political contribution in the face, but instead engage and actually reason out our stances... and then my web browser crashed and it's all gone.

So, fuck it, tl;dr version - if you find yourself talking to someone that you think has a dumb idea, tell them why it's dumb, especially if it is related to something you think is important, because it's too easy to get emotional and spastic when you care about something.

And, for me to say that is TOTALLY weird... I get that.

Mentioned
    716 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I just typed out a long post about how @allegro is probably mostly right and we need to remember to not punch an opposing political contribution in the face, but instead engage and actually reason out our stances... and then my web browser crashed and it's all gone.

So, fuck it, tl;dr version - if you find yourself talking to someone that you think has a dumb idea, tell them why it's dumb, especially if it is related to something you think is important, because it's too easy to get emotional and spastic when you care about something.

I don't think we need to always be logical an "unemotional" but I just hate when this veers into Shit List stuff and we stop focusing on the issues while we're focusing on how stupid somebody is, ya know? I dunno, I don't know shit, anymore. This current guy thinks that we were all hugging and singing Kumbaya in a NIN forum ten years ago when, really, ten years ago we had the Shit List where opposing views were publicly lambasted and ridiculed like sport. It was like "Gladiator."

https://web.archive.org/web/20070217...f44b38257f4b9b
    Last edited by allegro; 07-19-2017 at 12:19 PM.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Oh jinsai remembers the shit list, yes he does precious....

but I am on that page with you there... Even when I was posting my initial response there I was thinking "this is a sort of shitlist post isn't it, but wtf ever, fuck this"

but no, ultimately unhelpful
    Last edited by Jinsai; 07-19-2017 at 12:16 PM. Reason: I hate typing on a phone it sucks

Mentioned
    716 Post(s)
    Oh jinsai remembers the shit list, yes he does precious....

but I am on that page with you there... Even when I was posting my initial response there I was thinking "this is a sort of shitlist post isn't it, but wtf ever, fuck this"

but no, ultimately unhelpful
    I think maybe more like "unhealthy" because it gets us all worked up? Even unintentional trolling should be ignored, yes? I dunno, I won't even DISCUSS this Trump and Republicans shit IRL, anymore, I don't wanna have a fucking stroke.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

What I hate is watching the news and all you see are Republicans saying why Net Neutrality is bad, or why Obamacare is bad, or why the Democrats are opposing them on everything. That far FAR outweighs seeing Democrats talking about what they're doing to make it better. They need to step up their game and messaging because I'm just not seeing it.

Though maybe it's a filter issue where the media's just like, "Do you see this shit?" and they're hoping that just by putting it out there people will inform themselves?

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I think maybe more like "unhealthy" because it gets us all worked up? Even unintentional trolling should be ignored, yes? I dunno, I won't even DISCUSS this Trump and Republicans shit IRL, anymore, I don't wanna have a fucking stroke.
    I'm with you there... I could handle all this disgusting drama when my ship was coasting along pleasantly regardless, but right now, it's just too much. I'm gonna land myself in a hospital if I get too engaged at this point. I reached a new precedent the other day, doing sound for a Neil Diamond cover band, and actually snapping at a drunk person in the audience. That never happens.

Tonight I need to set up sound for a karaoke gig... in the back of my head I'm gonna have to tell myself to stay cool. My brain right now is wracked with anger, frustration, sadness, all sorts of shit... and I'm doing ok. I can function and do my job and then go home and smoke a joint. I can't imagine what it would be like to be in my mental shoes and also be struggling to get by. That would break me. Where my head is at right now is so awful, I've never known a reality like this.

Mentioned
    716 Post(s)
    doing sound for a Neil Diamond cover band, and actually snapping at a drunk person in the audience
    wait ... the drunk chick demanding that you "TURN IT UP!!" was there for a NEIL DIAMOND COVER BAND?!???!!?

I can't even listen to any Neil Diamond, anymore, without thinking of this:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x692ix

Mentioned
    716 Post(s)
    Sen. John McCain has brain cancer, aggressive tumor surgically removed - CNN
    https://apple.news/Ak2kpFFBzS76VzA-o_fK27g

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
    WHAT is this bullshit?! Nobody is saying Clinton is going to become president if Trump is impeached. Who the hell is this guy?

Also, this is an older video... some of this "The Russia story thing is total hysterical bullshit!" stuff hasn't aged very well. Did you miss the whole thing w/ Jr's emails?

This one's aged even worse. Do you read any legitimate news sources? This vlogger apologist isn't impressing anyone. Check out his other video, title "The Democratic Party Simply Isn't Cool Anymore." Ha, yeah... what the FUCK ever... What is cool?

Is this fucker "cool" to some people?

Now suddenly I have this strong urge to rewatch American Movie...
    Last edited by Jinsai; 07-19-2017 at 07:43 PM.

Mentioned
    716 Post(s)
    Dude, please stop posting links to that pompous douchebag Trump supporter. It's not worth anyone's time.

Mentioned
    716 Post(s)
    WHAT is this bullshit?! Nobody is saying Clinton is going to become president if Trump is impeached. Who the hell is this guy?

Also, this is an older video... some of this "The Russia story thing is total hysterical bullshit!" stuff hasn't aged very well. Did you miss the whole thing w/ Jr's emails?

This one's aged even worse. Do you read any legitimate news sources? This vlogger apologist isn't impressing anyone. Check out his other video, title "The Democratic Party Simply Isn't Cool Anymore." Ha, yeah... what the FUCK ever... What is cool?

Is this fucker "cool" to some people?

Now suddenly I have this strong urge to rewatch American Movie...
    Look at this dickhead's YouTube channel, mostly him showing his skimpy chest hairs wearing only an open kimono or open leather jacket. He's a total dickwad who hangs out on reddit with the Donald assholes, writes his own online bios describing him as having a high IQ and a big dick. Probably has neither. He's a "former Libertarian who supported Garry Johnson until he disagreed about Johnson's Islamic immigration policies" so he switched to supporting Trump.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-19-2017 at 07:50 PM.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Cool. As. Ice.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I don't think we need to always be logical an "unemotional" but I just hate when this veers into Shit List stuff and we stop focusing on the issues while we're focusing on how stupid somebody is, ya know? I dunno, I don't know shit, anymore. This current guy thinks that we were all hugging and singing Kumbaya in a NIN forum ten years ago when, really, ten years ago we had the Shit List where opposing views were publicly lambasted and ridiculed like sport. It was like "Gladiator."

https://web.archive.org/web/20070217...f44b38257f4b9b
    best to just let it go it will take care of itself, some people just love to work others up, why I don't know why maybe it's some kind of power trip but guess I ain't playing not worth your energy or health, or even acknowledgment of their assistance, you definitely don't want to go down the stroke path most fucked up year+ of my life, still can't play guitar like I used to, it's not only that it's the depression, medical bills rehab, people treating you like an idiot having to re-learn things, and million other things, maybe some day I will go into detail, but like I said best to just let it go
    -Louie

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I think the debate about how to handle Trump supporters is nothing more than a distraction. It takes away from debating the ideas. So does debating what Hillary would or wouldn't do.

We should debate what the politicians who have been elected should or shouldn't do. Not debate how to discuss with the other side, or what would have happened if Hillary had won, because those are both nothing more than a waste of energy.

Lets debate the pro's and con's of what Trump and the republicans are doing. Let's not waste our time on the distractions.

Mentioned
    716 Post(s)
    President Barack Obama tweets a statement to John McCain.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Obama tweeted something really nice about him i saw Clinton speak when Reagan announced he had Alzheimer's and he was really classy about it which made me respect him a little more, anyways the video someone posted earlier hit the nail square on the noggin maybe the Dem's need to fail for a few to get back on track, they are not the party of hip anymore, it's like little kids or old people rapping at first it maybe cute or funny after about ten second you realize it's stupid weak pandering bullshit
    -Louie
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 07-19-2017 at 11:31 PM. Reason: spelling it's not just for breakfast anymore

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I've always liked and respected McCain. He seems like a genuine person that just wants to do what is right for the country. While I disagreed with some of his views, at least he was someone that was willing to listen and be open to things. It's sad what he's going through as I'm glad there's some showing respect to this man unlike the **** at the White House who has constantly disrespected him over and over again during his campaign.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
    Dat ass
    Ba da Da dada da dum, ass ass baby...

Shake it, shake shake shake shake it, shake it like a Polaroid picture...

Put on those granny pants and go play tennis like a boss...

What's cooler than being cool? I SAID... what's cooler than being cool?

ICE

COLD

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I say this with all sincerity, and not as a joke: I think this explains his behavior and demeanor at the Comey hearing.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    I say this with all sincerity, and not as a joke: I think this explains his behavior and demeanor at the Comey hearing.
    I think this is what everyone is saying... that was... odd.

But while we're on topic, I wanna say that I TRIED to hate McCain back when he ran for president, and I had a hard time pulling that off. He's a good man, and this is sad. Politics aside for a moment, thank you for your service, however much we may disagree on stuff
    Last edited by Jinsai; 07-20-2017 at 06:40 AM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I think this is what everyone is saying... that was... odd.

But while we're on topic, I wanna say that I TRIED to hate McCain back when he ran for president, and I had a hard time pulling that off. He's a good man, and this is sad. Politics aside for a moment, thank you for your service, however much we may disagree on stuff
    Yeah, back when it happened, there were a lot of comments to the tune of "we're not joking here; it really sounds like there's something medically wrong". I was one of them, as I watched two of my grandparents start to slip mentally and the mannerisms seemed very familiar. So I hate to say that I'm not taken by surprise at the news. Not like I'm happy to hear it or anything like that. I've disagreed with a lot of the man's votes, but he's still done a hell of a lot more to serve this country that most other people in Washington. And this particular form of brain cancer is basically, to be blunt, a death sentence. He and his family have my utmost sympathy.

Mentioned
    716 Post(s)
    I said the EXACT same thing to my Husband last night.

It all makes sense. So sad. I hope he can beat it but the odds ain't good.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    very good non partisan talk on politics :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vW__gtO7rg
    -Louie

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Yeah, back when it happened, there were a lot of comments to the tune of "we're not joking here; it really sounds like there's something medically wrong". I was one of them, as I watched two of my grandparents start to slip mentally and the mannerisms seemed very familiar. So I hate to say that I'm not taken by surprise at the news. Not like I'm happy to hear it or anything like that. I've disagreed with a lot of the man's votes, but he's still done a hell of a lot more to serve this country that most other people in Washington. And this particular form of brain cancer is basically, to be blunt, a death sentence. He and his family have my utmost sympathy.
    Yeah, my initial response was very much "what the hell?!"
    Then I thought about it for a moment... and concluded that something very serious was wrong. It extended beyond meandering and rambling... there was something alarming there. If a relative took a discourse turn in that direction it would prompt me to call a doctor.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    the rs article painted a pretty bad picture of him, the choice of Palin to get the women's vote country first indeed
    -louie

Mentioned
    716 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    the rs article painted a pretty bad picture of him, the choice of Palin to get the women's vote country first indeed
    -louie
    To be fair, I don't think McCain made the Palin decision; the RNC did that.

Yeah, my initial response was very much "what the hell?!"
    Then I thought about it for a moment... and concluded that something very serious was wrong. It extended beyond meandering and rambling... there was something alarming there. If a relative took a discourse turn in that direction it would prompt me to call a doctor.
    ESPECIALLY McCain, who is usually very articulate and is able to think on his feet. I was really looking forward to what he had to say at the Comey hearing, then he totally went off the rails. At the time, they blamed it on lack of sleep but I thought it might be migraines or SOMETHING other than just lack of sleep. Sadly, it's this. I wish it were just migraines.

Mentioned
    716 Post(s)
    Ugh these assholes keep going lower and lower:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/team-tr...ads-against-it