Page 102 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,060 of 4404

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    kind of like everyone is giving ole Donnie boy the finger today, pentagon finger, congress finger, north Korea finger Louie finger morning Joe went so far as to call it failure Friday, if you listen hard enough you can almost hear the thumb Calisthenics coming from the white house and the mooch trying to find a good phone hiding place and a family friendly synonym for cock
    -Louie

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I love John McCain. A man that is probably likely to die within the year at least manages to go out with a bang and tell the President to go fuck himself. I can imagine Il Duce screaming "MCCAIN!!!!!"

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    kind of like everyone is giving ole Donnie boy the finger today, pentagon finger, congress finger, north Korea finger Louie finger morning Joe went so far as to call it failure Friday, if you listen hard enough you can almost hear the thumb Calisthenics coming from the white house and the mooch trying to find a good phone hiding place and a family friendly synonym for cock
    -Louie
    And Putin apparently...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I have a smug bit of satisfaction that McConnell's plans were ruined. If he ever learns how to work with Democrats and people who aren't like the people in this region who voted for him, he might actually pass something. I doubt he ever will, though. And the people here will keep voting for him or someone worse (Bevin ran against him and is now governor, so it's not like these people will vote for someone better.)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Priebus is out. Former General John Kelly now Chief of Staff.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Welcome to another episode of Trumps Daily Drama Distraction
    -Louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    This circulating on Twitter, from reddit:

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    distraction for health failure and NK launching yet another missile captain do nothing has no answer #failing
    -Louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Sorry for the double post but GOP senators gasping at McCain's NO vote is so satisfying.

I could watch this all day.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Same here. That was a big FUCK YOU to the president.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I must have watched it 20 times if not more. I wanted to see every single Republican head explode.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Set the playback speed to 0.25x, make sure it's in HD, and look at all the different reactions.

It's this kind of thing that makes me give zero shits about televisions shows. Fiction very rarely lives up to the drama of reality.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Buried in the mounds of utter garbage that Buzzfeed posts is this pretty nifty gem of a breakdown:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/b...OGV#.ih7wk7a8V

I love the way they covered this clip.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Set the playback speed to 0.25x, make sure it's in HD, and look at all the different reactions.

It's this kind of thing that makes me give zero shits about televisions shows. Fiction very rarely lives up to the drama of reality.
    I forgot about changing playback speed, I was just re-watching it a bunch.

Edit: So, I watched it at .25x and noticed something at 0:15 ...

Is that senator flipping McCain off for voting no? She claps after, so maybe flipping off someone else like "hah, he voted no, fuck you guys it's not going to pass." and not flipping McCain himself off? I don't know who it is to know how she voted to determine who it was intended for, but yeah, she blatantly flipped someone off when he voted.
    Last edited by sick among the pure; 07-28-2017 at 08:57 PM.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Is that senator flipping McCain off for voting no? She claps after, so maybe flipping off someone else like "hah, he voted no, fuck you guys it's not going to pass." and not flipping McCain himself off? I don't know who it is to know how she voted to determine who it was intended for, but yeah, she blatantly flipped someone off when he voted.
    I dunno - to me, it looks like a thumbs up.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    he's snapped, just condoned police brutality publicly don't know if a president can be removed for mental instability
    -Louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Buried in the mounds of utter garbage that Buzzfeed posts is this pretty nifty gem of a breakdown:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/b...OGV#.ih7wk7a8V

I love the way they covered this clip.
    This is awesome, thanks!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I was re-reading some of my fave Tweets and during that Trump vs. Joe and Mika debacle, somebody tweeted:

"Bleeding Badly From a Facelift" is one of my favorite songs by Squeeze
    haaaaahahahahahaaaa!

edit: I guess that joke might only be funny to people from the 80s or Squeeze fans ...

Last edited by allegro; 08-01-2017 at 01:55 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I think this moment is what inspired John McCain to do what he did last night:

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Nooooo way, dude ... it's from this ...

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Ohhhhh, yeahhhhh, watch this!!!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Anyone who's seen the excellent film "No End in Sight" remembers Marine Seth Moulton.

Now he's a junior congressman from Massachusetts and he may be running for President in 2020:
    http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...profile-215428

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Re: Sanders.

I believe, for a number of reasons, he would have beaten Trump in the general in 2016. But that's a dead horse that doesn't need to be beaten any more than it already has.

2020? I'm sorry, I don't see it happening. Age really will be a factor for a lot of people, regardless of whether it is or isn't for you. I lost both of my grandfathers around the age he'd be come election time, and they were both people who were in good health with relatively stress-free retirement years. So when I compare that to someone who would be taking on what is arguably the most stressful job in the world, I do worry that I wouldn't be electing a president to a four year term. I guess what it might come down to for me is who his running mate is. I do not look his age as a detriment to his mental capacity or ability to lead; he's proven time and time again that he's still sharp as a tack and full of great ideas to help get this country back in line with the civilized world. But I'm realistic about the rigors of the job and what they do to someone 20-30 years younger than him. And while I'm sure many people would look at this with the same caution that I do, others would outright say "he's too old" and vote for someone else.

In other words, I don't see him even getting the nomination should he run again for 2020. IF he did, I think he'd have a very good shot at #46 (or #47, should someone finally shoot himself in the foot by then....). I just don't see the country nominating someone of his age in such a high-stakes year.

I kind of wish timelines had been turned - can you imagine eight years of Sanders from '08-'16, then an even more politically experienced Obama running to take his place?
    Maybe he takes a real progressive like Warren as VP, despite her cowardly display during the primary. With her at VP, if the rigors of the job force him out early, then we can all rest easy that his policies would continue to (mostly) be enacted.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I love John McCain. A man that is probably likely to die within the year at least manages to go out with a bang and tell the President to go fuck himself. I can imagine Il Duce screaming "MCCAIN!!!!!"
    McCain likes people that were able to actually pass their signature piece of repeal legislation.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    well, he's won that "Maverick" card, in a strange Hodor "hold the door" kinda way

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Anyone who's seen the excellent film "No End in Sight" remembers Marine Seth Moulton.

Now he's a junior congressman from Massachusetts and he may be running for President in 2020:
    http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...profile-215428
    Super junior. Shit, I think I lived in his district before I moved to Texas.

Biden tested waters

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.7506b57dc4cd

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Ohhhhh, yeahhhhh, watch this!!!

I know you're not supposed to read the comments, but wtf at some of those comments. It's like...they have to be either complete looney tunes or just completely divorced from reality or (more likely, I guess) paid trolls. Or free trolls, who just like to stir shit up. Ugh. Who needs fake news when you have idiots.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    The Mooch just got fired after a big whole 10 days.