Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017.07.30 - New York City, NY @ Panorama Music Festival

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Oh, I've been training my whole life for this.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I mean... I'm on a 6am flight to NYC for just the day. There better be some day drinking*!!!

*- In moderation.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    @ninlive it'll just be great to be able to pay for a drink for you and feel like I've done something to compensate for all the amazing content you've given me access to. For someone too young to have seen NIN pre-Wave Goodbye and who thought for years that they'd never get to see their favorite band live, RITC was the biggest resource in the world along with YouTube into letting me get a window into a world that seemed entirely closed off to me.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    @kleiner352 ah, very kind of you. But that's what it's here for! I'm just glad after so many years people still use it! And still at a consistent rate of multiple TB's downloaded each month!

After meeting up with a few tapers/fans for HTDA in Chicago, I feel like we should try to do this in every city. It's great to talk to others who have the same interest, and also, new friends! Woop!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    @ninlive , when is your flight out?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I reserved a refundable hotel room, but sill haven't purchased my Festival ticket or flight ticket. I guess it's time to give up on the idea of a full tour this year and make my final plans for attending.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    @Sarah K Flight out is 6am. This isn't my first rodeo doing this. Usually I don't sleep while I'm here and get a hostel just to put my stuff somewhere. See what's going on at Output or something for that Sunday night after the fest, or find some club that has some good music going. Then I fly out at 6am on Monday morning. Ha!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Ok. I got my flight booked and Sunday VIP pass purchased. I'm flying in Saturday. Anyone else going to this Saturday night? https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-6-eXkX...jpg&name=large

I'm willing to meet up at that show or somewhere Sunday morning. Of course I'm willing to bet at least a few of us are some of the first hanging out by the front of the stage early Sunday afternoon.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Ok. I got my flight booked and Sunday VIP pass purchased. I'm flying in Saturday. Anyone else going to this Saturday night? https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-6-eXkX...jpg&name=large

I'm willing to meet up at that show or somewhere Sunday morning. Of course I'm willing to bet at least a few of us are some of the first hanging out by the front of the stage early Sunday afternoon.
    Definitely thinking about it!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I think that @kleiner352 wants to hit up that show the night before, so we might (probably will?) be there!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Wristband arrived in the mail yesterday! I need to start getting back into concert-standing shape.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Just booked our flights. So fucking stoked.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Anyone else going to this Saturday night? https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-6-eXkX...jpg&name=large
    I guess that means no last minute, intimate secret show on Saturday at the Bowery Ballroom
    Still kinda hoping they pull off one of those. I'm staying the whole week to catch Mew on Thursday, just in case!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash512 View Post
    I guess that means no last minute, intimate secret show on Saturday at the Bowery Ballroom
    Still kinda hoping they pull off one of those. I'm staying the whole week to catch Mew on Thursday, just in case!
    Man, I would be so gutted if they played a surprise club show on Friday or Monday, as Saturday is my only other day in town.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I had a dream where Panorama got cancelled because of storms, so NIN just did three nights at Webster Hall and it was free admission with your panorama wristband.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I had a dream where Panorama got cancelled because of storms, so NIN just did three nights at Webster Hall and it was free admission with your panorama wristband.
    Let's make this happen, b/c fuck Randall's Island that place is the WORST.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Yo, what is going on with the meet up? I asked on the facebook event and nobody responded... I live in Ridgewood, which is right across the border of Bushwick. So if leaving from my place, it makes more sense to take the shuttle. But if we are doing the meet up somewhere close to the ferry departure point, then I'll take that. But would like to know so I can make sure I have a ticket and etc.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Yo, what is going on with the meet up? I asked on the facebook event and nobody responded... I live in Ridgewood, which is right across the border of Bushwick. So if leaving from my place, it makes more sense to take the shuttle. But if we are doing the meet up somewhere close to the ferry departure point, then I'll take that. But would like to know so I can make sure I have a ticket and etc.
    Hey! Is this ETS meetup before or during Panorama on the grounds?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    Hey! Is this ETS meetup before or during Panorama on the grounds?
    They're trying to meet up at a bar or something near the ferry departure point.

I am unsure of what time!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I think the dream is dead folks. I'm selling my ticket but y'all have fun now, you hear?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeninphoenix View Post
    I think the dream is dead folks. I'm selling my ticket but y'all have fun now, you hear?
    I will be sure to drink extra at the meetup in your honor

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Since the single has been released I'm starting to get very excited. I'm still up for a meet up either Saturday night @ Telefon Tel Aviv/allesandro show, Sunday morning at a bar near the ferry, or early Sunday afternoon during the festival.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Set times are finally up - nin hit the stage at 9:20.

I haven't been to a (large, mainstream) festival in more than 20 years, so I need to figure out a sane time to arrive not to be at the way back of the crowd. I went the VIP route thinking it might allow me to arrive later while still getting a good spot, but I'm concerned the pen is more off-center than I'd originally believed.

Decisions, decisions...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    So I gues the standard 90 minutes then?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    So I gues the standard 90 minutes then?
    100?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yep. 11pm sound curfew.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had purchased a VIP ticket but it looks like I might not be able to make it as I have to fly out of town for work on that Sunday morning. If anyone is interested in 1 VIP pass for $180 obo, PM me.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    And I will sell you my regular GA admission wristband for below face. PM me if interested.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Guys, I am a bit confused on which ferry we would be departing from for the show? Also, I am not sure about anyone else. But I am not in a hurry to get there as most of the bands I am not going to see (sorry). But I was thinking around 2-3pm for the meetup? If someone can tell me the ferry point, I will make some suggestions for meetup spots?

Damn... n00b here who isn't a New Yorker trying to make meetups. oiiiiiii

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

2017.07.30 - New York City, NY @ Panorama Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Guys, I am a bit confused on which ferry we would be departing from for the show? Also, I am not sure about anyone else. But I am not in a hurry to get there as most of the bands I am not going to see (sorry). But I was thinking around 2-3pm for the meetup? If someone can tell me the ferry point, I will make some suggestions for meetup spots?

Damn... n00b here who isn't a New Yorker trying to make meetups. oiiiiiii
    I'm probably going to try to get to the festival by 3:00 at the latest.

Here's the pinned ferry location:

Last edited by somewhat_; 07-17-2017 at 07:06 PM.