Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I will be at dis.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I'm in on this as well.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I know exactly nobody with an American Express card. Lol. Gonna try to get a single day ticket on Friday. I'm leaning towards a VIP ticket, but still not decided!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I have a Discover card, why don't they ever have presales for us with Discover cards?!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Anyone have a hint of what the expected max capacity may be? Hoping this isn't the first show, but if it is I'll be there. Been to Wards Island for work many times and it's tight to get into that area without hordes of concert goers on a work day.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    My mother's husband has an AMEX. So they are gonna try to get me a presale ticket tomorrow. Yussss.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    My mother's husband has an AMEX. So they are gonna try to get me a presale ticket tomorrow. Yussss.
    Have I missed something here? Presales for AmEx?? But tickets for General and VIP admission go on sale this Friday, right? I'm considering only going on the NIN day and putting all my energy into that.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    Have I missed something here? Presales for AmEx?? But tickets for General and VIP admission go on sale this Friday, right? I'm considering only going on the NIN day and putting all my energy into that.
    Correct. But there is a pre-sale for AMEX cardholders tomorrow. I'm only getting a VIP Sunday ticket. No desire to go to a three day festival. Or any festival, really. I see lineups and I get excited. But then I remember that I am old. One day is plenty.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Is a presale really necessary for a festival? I plan to get a one day ticket but I can't imagine it selling out that quickly, if at all.

Also, anyone know if this lineup is finalized or if there will be any additions between now and then?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Is a presale really necessary for a festival? I plan to get a one day ticket but I can't imagine it selling out that quickly, if at all.
    MAYBE only if you want VIP. I'm with you on this, pretty sure tickets will be readily available whenever one wants them. May want to even wait for scalpers trying to off-load them on the final day(s).

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Pretty sure that is the final lineup.

I don't *think* the presale is necessary for this one, as the festival didn't sell out at all last year. But I would rather be safe than sorry. Ain't trying to pay scalper prices.

Some festivals sell out crazy fast though.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I'm going for sure. Fuck VIP.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Going to wait and see what other tour dates pop up. If this is the only viable option I will buy a single day pass on a ticket resale site closer to last minute.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Got my ticket! Ahhhhhh. NOW WE WAIT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    YAY! A friend of mine surprised me with a ticket! He said it was payback for the NIN Bowery show I took him to years ago. 197 days to go!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    If this is the only date, I might just have to take my first trip to NYC and see it. If that ends up being the way I go, then any advice from experienced travellers or resident New Yorkers on the best way to go about it would be more than welcomed, as I've basically never even traveled out of state before, and I'd be doing this completely solo.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    We might be moving at the end of next month. Still up in the air. But my apartment is laid back and we always have people stay the night and whatnot. My location right now is only about a 10 minute train ride plus about a half mile walk to where I *think* the shuttle will be leaving from, so that is what I plan on doing.

I can let a couple of people stay with me if they will only be here for a couple of nights... Nothing fancy. We have a futon and this other big thing that I really don't know how to describe, but it is comfy!

Hotels here are fucking bonkers (though might be more reasonable if booked now, since it is so far out), so I would be happy to help out a couple of people who want to travel for this.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Ticket purchased!

I'm expecting a fraud alert from Amex any second now, given I haven't used the card in nearly a decade. This was probably the least stressful nin ticketing exercise I've ever encountered, so glad I held onto it.

Despite my reservations about a festival gig amidst a lineup I'm otherwise indifferent to, those remarks in the Yahoo interview about lack of tour planning made it that much easier to pull the trigger. Not that I will complain in the least if a proper tour does materialize, however!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Incidentally, if you're on a budget (or just think it's overpriced) don't worry about the ferry/shuttle.

Just get regular public transport - train from Grand Central to Harlem 125th St and then a 1.1 mile walk, or check out the bus routes.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    line up besides nin and atcq is a meh for me but i grabbed a ticket and will be there sunday. the festival was fun last year for lcd soundsystem and im interested to see what nin does with the main stage's enormous digital screen.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeDrug View Post
    line up besides nin and atcq is a meh for me but i grabbed a ticket and will be there sunday. the festival was fun last year for lcd soundsystem and im interested to see what nin does with the main stage's enormous digital screen.
    Justice can be pretty enjoyable, depending on how they play the crowd. According to last year's lineup, the sets are staggered enough that you can see most of the headliners, so that should be fun

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    yea everything was staggered headlinerwise. the pavilion stage will probably have justice which is at the back end of the field when you first walk in. and i can only guess atcq will be on the main stage just before nin.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Any tips on how to navigate the city and festival? My soon to be fiance (more on that later) and I will be going and it's our first trip to NYC ever. We're staying in Brooklyn and are near Williamsburg, which I believe will be the drop off/pick up point for shuttles. Trying to get a feel for it. Super fucking stoked.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I *think* that the BK shuttle location is in Williamsburg at a place called Brooklyn Bowl. Google Maps that and see what it is like to get there from where you're staying. Shouldn't be too bad. Shuttle is like $35, I think. Stupid expensive, but to me, it is worth it to save a lot of time and not having to take the train to Manhattan, transfer, and then walk across the bridge. The public transit option definitely makes much more economic sense. But it would take a long time for me, and I am impatient.

Outside of getting to and from the festival, though, transit is fine. I had never taken public transportation in my life before moving here, but it is pretty easy to navigate, and much, much cheaper than taking cars and shit everywhere. Depending on how long you will be here, there are weekly unlimited passes.

Invest the money to take a car to and from the airport, though. I find that to be worth it. Taking luggage on the train is awful.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    We'd be about four miles from Brooklyn Bowl. I think we'll do the shuttle all weekend, I already accounted for it in the budget. We were either going to cab it or Uber it the whole weekend to get to and from the airport and outside of the festival. Going to be here that Thursday to that following Tuesday. We're flying in and out of LGA since it's the cheapest.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Also we all obviously need to get together at some point!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Also we all obviously need to get together at some point!
    Absolutely. We'll talk Big Ten football.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I don't have an AMEX, but after much deliberation I'm going to buy tickets tomorrow when they go on sale. It will be husband and I's first trip to NY as well. I'm excited!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    See y'all there and welcome to NIN York City!