Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017.07.30 - New York City, NY @ Panorama Music Festival

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Well, I did get VIP for this (Sunday only). I figure to get in town probably Tuesday or Wednesday (maybe I'll go all out and from Sunday-Monday).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm thinking we'll likely see all songs from NTAE performed except for "Dear World,". Definitely some "MOTP", "THTF", "HLAH", etc. action. Any other guesses?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    I'm thinking we'll likely see all songs from NTAE performed except for "Dear World,". Definitely some "MOTP", "THTF", "HLAH", etc. action. Any other guesses?

Hurt

Either Came Back Haunted, Disappointed, Copy of a or Find My Way

Closer

Almost certainly some Year Zero material, especially considering current goings-on in this country -- The Great Destroyer, Me I'm Not, The Warning, Survivalism, The Beginning of the End and Vessel all seem like potential candidates

The Frail/The Wretched

Trent seems really focused on TF lately so I won't be surrpised if some more of it gets played. I'd love it if we saw aome first-ever debuts or some comebacks (Complication would be a great, short and easy reintroudction between set sections).

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    except for "Dear World,".
    why not?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I can actually see some non-single [With_Teeth] tracks making their way back into the setlist. If Trent is going for a setlist that matches songs that sound similar to NTAE I can see tracks like "You Know What You Are" and "The Line Begins to Blur" being thrown back into the mix.

If I had to guess anything else, I can see some of the "new" (old) Fragile instrumentals being snuck into the setlist as well.

Dare I say, maybe even Happiness in Slavery might make it's triumphant return?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I can actually see some non-single [With_Teeth] tracks making their way back into the setlist. If Trent is going for a setlist that matches songs that sound similar to NTAE I can see tracks like "You Know What You Are" and "The Line Begins to Blur" being thrown back into the mix.

If I had to guess anything else, I can see some of the "new" (old) Fragile instrumentals being snuck into the setlist as well.

As for "HIS", yeah, I'm not thinking so. And I don't think "Dear World," will be performed because it is a very head-y song that might not translate well live (digital effects, spoken word).

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I don't give a shit what anyone says, I fucking love 1,000,000 live. LOVE IT.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    I don't give a shit what anyone says, I fucking love 1,000,000 live. LOVE IT.
    Maybe it'll look something like this:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    HIS is one of my favorite songs and in my top 3 favorite live performances. I would love for this to makes it's way back into a live set... however, I am not sure how well it would work. It would have to be a revamped version maybe more along the lines of The Great Destroyer... more electronics. The screaming, smashing, super angry thing I just can't see working. That was awesome in 94, but would be really weird... sort of like how the guitar smashing in 2005 during Terrible Lie seemed really forced. Who knows, maybe smashing some keyboards would be cool in 2017.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    As for "HIS", yeah, I'm not thinking so. And I don't think "Dear World," will be performed because it is a very head-y song that might not translate well live (digital effects, spoken word).
    Didn't stop him from making Running a Tension setlist staple (which I actually felt translated wonderfully)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Every day that passes with no other news regarding more dates, the more I become tempted to buy a ticket. - must remain patient

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    if you get yourself to Astoria Blvd (the 2nd to last stop on the BK/Queens Bound N & W Line) you can walk over the RFK bridge to the festival. that what i did last year and it was much easier than buses/driving to Randalls Island.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Bought a Sunday ticket as soon as I got off Holy Ship this past Saturday b/c I didn't want to take any chances. Promptly found out at work today that I will almost surely have access to free passes, just like last year. Fruuhhhhstraaaaating.

Festival was handled about as well as a fucking Randall's Island event can be. Randall's Island is by FAR my most hated place to go for shows. I never go. I went last year to Panorama b/c I had like a half dozen free passes at my disposal and gave to alot of people, and wanted to see Foals, Flosstradamus, Anderson Paak & Kendrick. They all delivered, but it was hot as fuck and really annoying as such. Hope for a cooler day this year, but end of July in NYC usually sucks.

They did a pretty solid job with the shuttle buses last year. I drove from Bayonne where I live to Harlem, parked on 124th Street and walked one block up where the MTA shuttles were. There was a line and a worker directing flow for getting on a bus. Waited about 10-15 minutes for a bus to show up (it was around 5pm) and then promptly got on, got a seat and was brought relatively close to the actual entrance to the fest on Randall's Island. Getting a shuttle out was good too, they had alot of them lined up and we didnt wait long at all for one. I was impressed. I hope the bus shuttle flow is the same.

If NIN & Tribe DON'T conflict, I will be a a very happy camper. Have never seen Tribe live other than like two songs at my radio station's xmas concert last year. And you can guarantee that Busta & Consequence AT LEAST will be there for the NYC show.

Get there early & check out Cloud Nothings also. They rule:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Bought a Sunday ticket as soon as I got off Holy Ship this past Saturday b/c I didn't want to take any chances. Promptly found out at work today that I will almost surely have access to free passes, just like last year. Fruuhhhhstraaaaating.
    Came to the thread to lurk as I can't afford to buy a pass for Sunday. Immediately saw this post that you bought one, and have access to free ones through your work. Can't say that it makes me jealous; just wondering why I've wasted so much of my life at a shit job, which I hate, that gets me nothing. . .

Fuck I'm depressed. . .

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I probably won't know how many I can snag until the week of the festival. I'm hoping to at least get confirmation that I'll have access to one or two (or perhaps a VIP/artist pass) this week.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeDrug View Post
    if you get yourself to Astoria Blvd (the 2nd to last stop on the BK/Queens Bound N & W Line) you can walk over the RFK bridge to the festival. that what i did last year and it was much easier than buses/driving to Randalls Island.
    How long is the walk from there?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It's about 2 miles (using Icahn "Stadium" as the end point on Google Maps). I run over the bridge occasionally, and while the hill is annoying on the way up, the view of the city is quite spectacular FWIW.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    its about a 30 min walk. lil less than 2 miles

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    Came to the thread to lurk as I can't afford to buy a pass for Sunday. Immediately saw this post that you bought one, and have access to free ones through your work. Can't say that it makes me jealous; just wondering why I've wasted so much of my life at a shit job, which I hate, that gets me nothing. . .

Fuck I'm depressed. . .
    Hey nin64, New York is hard. I'd definitely agree with that. Not sure how much you use this board but check out the Speak Your Mind section. Also, someone else mentioned that scalpers buy weekend passes but end up needing to sell single days last-minute. Maybe bank on that for a cheap price.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post

Fuck I'm depressed. . .
    This didn't sell out last year, and judging by the fact that tickets didn't sell out when they went on sale, you could probably test your luck on scalper sites the week of desperate with those unloading. They also have payment plans on their site if that helps.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So what other acts on Sunday are worth checking out aside from ATCQ? I'm going to check out Cloud Nothings as someone posted a video of theirs that sounded pretty good. I've also heard a couple people recommend Angel Olsen, but I haven't gotten around to listening to any of her stuff yet. Any others?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    So what other acts on Sunday are worth checking out aside from ATCQ? I'm going to check out Cloud Nothings as someone posted a video of theirs that sounded pretty good. I've also heard a couple people recommend Angel Olsen, but I haven't gotten around to listening to any of her stuff yet. Any others?
    If you like electronic/dance, there is Justice. I hope their set doesn't conflict with NIN or ATCQ...

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeninphoenix View Post
    If you like electronic/dance, there is Justice. I hope their set doesn't conflict with NIN or ATCQ...
    Also Tim Sweeney. I'm excited to see him as I have been listening to his 'Beats In Space' show for a bunch of years now.

https://soundcloud.com/timsweeney

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Justice/Ed Banger/Busy P kind of spearheaded the whole mid-00's electro house movement that took Daft Punk's lead then ran with it. They're Frenchies also, so they of course can't be trusted :

Justice has some hits too. I'd be shocked if you haven't heard this at least by accident:

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Hey nin64, New York is hard. I'd definitely agree with that. Not sure how much you use this board but check out the Speak Your Mind section. Also, someone else mentioned that scalpers buy weekend passes but end up needing to sell single days last-minute. Maybe bank on that for a cheap price.
    (Also lurking because I would much rather spend the travel time and money on going to multiple shows instead of just one, hoping Trent lets us know about more shows soon...)

This is actually how I went to Made In America. I was lucky enough to live in Philly at the time, and just waited for people who bought 3-day passes to sell off the days they didn't care about and got a really cheap one day ticket to see NIN. It's not just scalpers, people who are interested in 2 of the 3 days save money getting a 3-day pass, especially if they can sell off the 3rd day (usually well below cost just to get it sold). I have a friend who used to buy season passes to hockey games and sell off the games she couldn't make it to (work schedule) which would pay for the season pass, so she would go to games for close to free because a season pass is way cheaper than tickets for each individual game.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Yes I'm familiar with Justice. I was into them quite a bit in high school when their first album came out, but I've kind of grown out of them in the years since.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Snakehips are cool British DJ/producers. Spin house/trap/hip hop, produce poppier stuff. Was on my Holy Ship boat last year:

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Bishop Briggs doesn't have a lot of music out at the moment, but she shows some definite promise.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    My local radio station in north Jersey is holding an online contest to win weekend passes. All you have to do is join the club. I've won a few things in the past year such as movie tickets and album downloads. If you don't have the means to afford the tickets, its worth taking a shot. Check it out @nin64 . Contest ends Monday.

http://wdhafm.com/contests/win-weeke...-panorama-nyc/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinbeetle View Post
    My local radio station in north Jersey is holding an online contest to win weekend passes. All you have to do is join the club. I've won a few things in the past year such as movie tickets and album downloads. If you don't have the means to afford the tickets, its worth taking a shot. Check it out @nin64. Contest ends Monday.

http://wdhafm.com/contests/win-weeke...-panorama-nyc/
    Just entered. Thanks for the heads up.