Page 13 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion - SPOILERS

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I emailed Riot Fest and they said single-day passes will be available later but wouldn't give a date. Regardless, they'll definitely be on the table for those not wanting the full 3-day.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I emailed Riot Fest and they said single-day passes will be available later but wouldn't give a date. Regardless, they'll definitely be on the table for those not wanting the full 3-day.
    This is what they emailed me: "Single day passes and the by-day lineup will be available closer to the festival dates. Please stay tuned at riotfest.org and our Facebook page for up to date news and announcements. Or, you can subscribe to our newsletter HERE.

PS. I'm not certain if Deluxe VIP will be offered as single-day, but GA and (standard) VIP will.

Cheers,
    RF"

Really hoping deluxe becomes available because it seems like the most likely way to be close without being crushed by thousands of people.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Year Zero?
    Don't tease me.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Don't tease me.
    somewhat_would never tell you anything that wasn't absolutely true that hadn't come right from
    His mouth that He wants somewhat_ to tell you.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by der_wahnsinn View Post
    Oh man. I know it's not gonna happen, but what if New Order played some Joy Division songs with NIN ala Gary Numan? That would be amazing, not to mention a career highlight for Trent

Edit: Just saw that TV on the Radio and Ministry are on the bill too. That's a lot of NIN history and influences in one weekend
    Saul Williams, too!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Oh man. I know it's not gonna happen, but what if New Order played some Joy Division songs with NIN ala Gary Numan? That would be amazing, not to mention a career highlight for Trent
    Plot twist: they're gonna play Stephen Morris & Gillian Gilbert remix versions of Zero-Sum and God Given

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Then the great finale: Josh Homme comes to the stage and plays the song that didn't end up on YZ (and Era Vulgaris) with Trent.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    So, what's the drop dead date to give up on proper tour dates? May 1? Sometime in mid May? June 1?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Is this even a thing, that a major band resurfaces with a new lineup, only to play 3-5 festivals and call it a day? I seriously doubt it would be worth the effort. I'm trying to come up with something similar but can only recall Tool doing a single concert (Coachella) in 1999 without even a smallest tour alongside it.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Riot Fest announced 8 bands performing entire albums at the festival, with 2 TBA. If one of them ends up being NIN, do you think it would be Year Zero or something else?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Riot Fest announced 8 bands performing entire albums at the festival, with 2 TBA. If one of them ends up being NIN, do you think it would be Year Zero or something else?
    The Fragile, por favor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Year Zero would make the most sense.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Is this even a thing, that a major band resurfaces with a new lineup, only to play 3-5 festivals and call it a day? I seriously doubt it would be worth the effort. I'm trying to come up with something similar but can only recall Tool doing a single concert (Coachella) in 1999 without even a smallest tour alongside it.
    I'm not really sure if there are other examples, but I recall TR saying something in the past about how the festival shows fund the proper tour- possibly implying that he loses money with the proper dates.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Year Zero would make the most sense.
    Damn, you beat me to it. Here's a link with more TBA: http://riotfest.org/2017/04/album-announce/

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    If they announce NIN is one of the other two artists and The Fragile is selected as the album played front to back, I will absolutely be heading to Chicago.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    For the midwestern ETS members, I'll shove a spot free for you on the rail.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If NIN is playing an album in full, it's TDS. To suggest any other possibility is ludicrous. Still, fingers crossed for Year Zero! Or Still.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    New York and Los Angeles were the only cities to get TDS live back in 2009 so I can see it happening in Chicago since it got shafted in the Wave Goodbye club shows. Also, TDS is a very heavy album and makes alot of sense for Riot Fest.

Is this even a thing, that a major band resurfaces with a new lineup, only to play 3-5 festivals and call it a day?
    Primus had a bad habit of doing this in 2005 and 2008. I love Les Claypool and all but it's clear that he didn't really give a shit at the time.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 04-21-2017 at 05:42 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    If they decide to just play NTAE in full, it will be such a letdown.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Looking at the full album performances announced so far they seem to really focus on anniversary albums. Year Zero seems the likeliest of the bunch -- they used art from it to promote the show, it turns ten this year, everybody seems to be talking about it the most out of past NIN records, etc. Trent never seems too hot on the whole "play the entire album in order" way of doing things, but I could see YZ happening.

That said, the thought of them playing nothing but a 21 minute EP as a headlining act is hilarious.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    I'm not really sure if there are other examples, but I recall TR saying something in the past about how the festival shows fund the proper tour- possibly implying that he loses money with the proper dates.
    Off-dates like the ones being played by NIN this summer are definitely more lucrative for a band.
    It costs as promoter a shitload to book a band one an off date like that than to book a date from a 30-show tour.

Could be that he's doing those shows to set aside some cash for the next tour.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    Primus had a bad habit of doing this in 2005 and 2008. I love Les Claypool and all but it's clear that he didn't really give a shit at the time.
    That wasn't a new lineup though, and those were really just filler shows in between touring for his solo stuff/side projects. Once Jay Lane joined in 2010, they started touring like crazy and haven't really slowed down since.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperNINtendo Chalmers View Post
    If NIN is playing an album in full, it's TDS. To suggest any other possibility is ludicrous. Still, fingers crossed for Year Zero! Or Still.
    I'd be content with Broken. I was so sure they were going to play it at the Aragon when they opened the first show with Pinion/Wish/Last. To bring Happiness in Slavery back into the fold now would be so great.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    If they decide to just play NTAE in full, it will be such a letdown.
    NTAE in full seems more likely than TDS in full to me...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Honestly if they opened with NTAE straight through and continued the setlist from there, like they did with The Downward Spiral at Webster (and at one of the West Coast dates soon after), it would be pretty awesome. I'd be happy with it, anyway. But if the band is going to be playing a full, true-blue album at Riotfest, Year Zero is definitely one of the more likely candidates given the ten year anniversary, the promo art referencing Survivalism, the general relevance of it in our current dystopian landscape, etc.

It's possible it ends up being The Downward Spiral straight through like in 2009 too, of course. As someone who was in attendance at Webster Hall, it makes for an incredible show. But remembering that night, and how insanely exciting it was to have what was happening become more and more apparent track-by-track (Heresy: "is this actually happening?!", Ruiner: "YES THIS IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING"), I feel like it's almost a shame that they're announcing the albums in advance. Having that rolled out for us without any warning was mind-blowing.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    All I really want out of this run is a bunch of high quality recordings of Burn Bright performed live if I'm being perfectly honest with myself here so as long as we get that, I'm going to have a hard time complaining (not that I won't; I'm a NIN fan after all).

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    in our current dystopian landscape, etc.
    lol wut???

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Looking at the full album performances announced so far they seem to really focus on anniversary albums. Year Zero seems the likeliest of the bunch -- they used art from it to promote the show, it turns ten this year, everybody seems to be talking about it the most out of past NIN records, etc. Trent never seems too hot on the whole "play the entire album in order" way of doing things, but I could see YZ happening.

That said, the thought of them playing nothing but a 21 minute EP as a headlining act is hilarious.
    YZ is my 3rd favorite NIN and a definite top 10 all-time overall, but I'm pretty sure outside of this board and places like it, the general reactions would play out thusly: "Holy fuck, NIN is played TDS in full" vs "NIN played a 10 year old album nobody's heard of...what the fuck?" And I want to make it clear that YZ would be my preference, but I gotsta keep it real. (But holy fuck, feel free to prove me wrong, Trent!)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    lol wut???
    The Cleveland Cavaliers and the Chicago Cubs have won World Championships, man. All hell has broken lose.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    The Cleveland Cavaliers and the Chicago Cubs have won World Championships, man. All hell has broken lose.
    May a higher power help us all if the Browns and Lions ever meet in the Super Bowl.