Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69
Results 2,041 to 2,069 of 2069

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion - SPOILERS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Ooh! What are the chances we get some nice rehearsal videos a la With Teeth and The Slip?

https://www.facebook.com/ninofficial/videos/10155728964461221/?hc_ref=ARQuPdz60cDvTYSEIVWK9F_WMeMQiOZZVB8jBiztC
    Instagram and Twitter have different segments of the video. Perhaps they’re meant to be assembled?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p_rez17 View Post
    Instagram and Twitter have different segments of the video. Perhaps they’re meant to be assembled?
    Fuck. They've enjoyed releasing an album in three parts so much they decided to release concert footage in 15 second clips and make us deal with it. This means by the time we get the Tension concert film, it'll just be a series of .gifs.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    (including the sort of famous seattle show at the beginning of the downward spiral tour).
    Care to elaborate on this more? I was unaware of anything special during the start of the TDS tour

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Care to elaborate on this more? I was unaware of anything special during the start of the TDS tour
    there were 2 nights. first wasn't so good as the crowd was dead. the 2nd destroyed. there is an awesome tape up on ninarchives.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Not really a surprise this far on, but the fact that the new poster in the store lists all the 2017 dates suggests there almost certainly won't be any more surprise shows this year.

EDIT: How cool would it have been if they announced another show simply by having it on that poster and not mentioning it anywhere else?
    I thought of this too. But really it could mean nothing. If they had a private show they could simply make a unique poster for that show alone and treat it as something separate.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    Albeit all that money poured on production, Bono's voice was totally shot throughout the show and there were people everywhere with their stupid phone cameras.

Almost nothing new or intriguing musically. The finale was another wtf moment. Nobody knew what was going on.

NIN could do it much better than U2, in fact we've already got TDS live. It was a nice surprise back then because it wasn't advertised as "The Downward Spiral Live 2009".
    Not sure if we even saw the same tour here, as Bono sounded fuckin A+ the entire Kansas City show. The entirety of Joshua Tree in full felt really well put together and the minor adjustments they made to a few of the tracks were honestly improvements. As for the finale, I mean, it was clearly a quick little greatest hits set to flesh the show out since Joshua Tree itself is only like 45-50 minutes long. People at my show were hyped as hell for the last several songs.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Not sure if we even saw the same tour here, as Bono sounded fuckin A+ the entire Kansas City show. The entirety of Joshua Tree in full felt really well put together and the minor adjustments they made to a few of the tracks were honestly improvements. As for the finale, I mean, it was clearly a quick little greatest hits set to flesh the show out since Joshua Tree itself is only like 45-50 minutes long. People at my show were hyped as hell for the last several songs.
    i saw an excellent joshua tree show in seattle. i went in with low expectations & was pleasantly surprised. the band did a killer "i will follow" at the end that wasn't on the setlist. maybe the best stadium show i've ever seen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    NIN in Spain

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    The Vegas show is finally up on the NIN Live archive!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    So, um, Huston?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/dayfornight...set_cut_short/

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-...-4be1ab8e.html

Woulda been awesome to see NIN in the pouring rain, less so to have a 13 song set that ends with Background World. (I'd be fine with that as a show closer, it's a length issue)
    Last edited by SuperNINtendo Chalmers; 12-16-2017 at 11:07 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    From @Charles.regan IG.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    It’s a shame it got cut short and it makes me overall glad I didn’t travel out for this one, but seeing a set like that with no 3 Hs and in the pouring rain would probably be so memorable that it still had something unique to offer. I hope they can reschedule a date for everyone. With the fact that they made a poster and shirt for it, they seemed to be treating it as a special show.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I'm also glad I didn't travel for this one, but on the other hand, even for a short yet, it's pretty good. No attack of the singles to close out the night!

They should have left the background world running in its entirety to close off the set, that would have made the night even better. Leave the loop running and walk away be like "you guys told us to leave the stage, you didn't say anything about not playing any music"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    They should have left the background world running in its entirety to close off the set, that would have made the night even better. Leave the loop running and walk away be like "you guys told us to leave the stage, you didn't say anything about not playing any music"
    That would have been the best closer ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by high def ultra-realism View Post
    That would have been the best closer ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    if that is what you really want....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    It’s a shame it got cut short and it makes me overall glad I didn’t travel out for this one, but seeing a set like that with no 3 Hs and in the pouring rain would probably be so memorable that it still had something unique to offer. I hope they can reschedule a date for everyone. With the fact that they made a poster and shirt for it, they seemed to be treating it as a special show.
    It was exhilarating, that’s for sure. Reptile in a fucking downpour was my NIN highlight.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion - SPOILERS

Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    From @Charles.regan IG.
    Do you have a direct link to this post? I want to share it on the hotline accounts. I searched but got all kinds of Charles regans with no posts yet.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Ah thanks!

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion - SPOILERS

A few months ago I was planning to do this festival (and make an EU/US trip). Unfair to say I made the right decision not to attend, but I honestly feel sorry for the ones who did go and didn’t get the complete set.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    Last edited by witte; 12-17-2017 at 09:42 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    A few months ago I was planning to do this festival (and make an EU/US trip). Unfair to say I made the right decision not to attend, but I honestly feel sorry for the ones who did go and didn’t get the complete set.

It was so good and so disappointing at the same time. I'm trying my best to be optimistic and look to 2018 for another shot at seeing them.
    Last edited by streetman; 12-17-2017 at 11:12 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post

I only traveled four hours...it was worth every bit. Also sunday’s lineup is stacked.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

This is pretty badass with the rain.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post

This is pretty badass with the rain.
    gotta love the one security guard breaking typical protocol and rockin' out a little bit.

Also to whoever recorded this....NEVER record the screens, only the band.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    the security likes that song too

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Trent said something like "They're asking us to stop. Let me go find out what the fuck is going on." before the show ended. It would have been better if he added "And if I don't come back, don't worry. I'm gonna go finish EP 3!" lol

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Is it still possible to tape shows in such a weather?