Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48
Results 1,411 to 1,421 of 1421

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion - SPOILERS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    I'm expecting Panorama to be similar to the California shows. They might shake things up for the autumn shows.
    Same, but I'm holding out hope anyhow.
    I expect Panorama to have a pretty tame setlist.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Was THTF a hit single or something? How did it achieve monumental status in TRs mind, that it HAS to be played every single show? I dont remember it causing much of a ripple when it was released. More people were shocked at how poppy it was and how bulked up TR was in the video than actually digging the song
    I suppose you were nowhere near Orlando and/or didn't have the radio on a whole lot during With Teeth-era, when it was overplayed to hell and back. It's also one of only two NIN songs to make the Top 40 in the United States, the other being "The Day The World Went Away" of all songs!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Was THTF a hit single or something? How did it achieve monumental status in TRs mind, that it HAS to be played every single show? I dont remember it causing much of a ripple when it was released. More people were shocked at how poppy it was and how bulked up TR was in the video than actually digging the song
    Yeah, that song/album bred a whole new generation of NIN fans. I meet a lot of people who heard THTF on the radio, bought WT, and then fell down the NIN rabbit hole from there. I've seen it at every NIN show I've been to since 2005 (including one set that was only 5 songs long), and it's always a low point for me, but I keep reminding myself that there are a ton of people for whom hearing that song live is the equivalent of many of us hearing early NIN songs that we grew up listening to.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Yeah, that song/album bred a whole new generation of NIN fans. I meet a lot of people who heard THTF on the radio, bought WT, and then fell down the NIN rabbit hole from there. I've seen it at every NIN show I've been to since 2005 (including one set that was only 5 songs long), and it's always a low point for me, but I keep reminding myself that there are a ton of people for whom hearing that song live is the equivalent of many of us hearing early NIN songs that we grew up listening to.
    It does seem to be the song that bridges the gap between hardcore Fragile loving NIN fans and post 2005 NIN fans....the hardcores groan when that song comes on and the newer fans love it...Its kind of the "Lets Dance' of the NIN discography

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Looks like THTF will hit an even 500 plays by the end of 2017 and surpass Sin (barring any surprises, of course).

(credit to nintourhistory.com)
    Last edited by Toadflax; Today at 03:10 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Sin would be great with this lineup, IMO.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    For now. More later.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    It still gets a lot of radio play. As much as people bitch about it, the overall concert crowd likes the song. One of the more "engaging" songs in the set, probably only second to HLAH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    For now. More later.

Sweet pic. Are you not on At Ease anymore?

Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    If we're sick of hearing these songs, how does the band feel about playing these songs over and over and over again? Doesn't it get boring for them as well?
    Oh, I get it: those are their money-maker songs. The ones that put asses in seats and the ones that all the casual concert-going fans know from the radio and Mtv from back in the day.

I think every hardcore NIN fan's dream is a tour light on visuals and lights, and heavy on deep cuts. The 2009 WG NYC shows are a perfect example of this; lean, to the bone, and no bullshit. And even those shows had the standards sprinkled in.

It's just funny to see Trent going so against the grain on these new EPs, but it's business as usual live. This is probably just a festival thing. Show up, play the hits, get paid. Hopefully we'll get a real tour next year and the setlist will be much more varied..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Sweet pic. Are you not on At Ease anymore?

Thanks. Apparently banned for defending my rights to my own video content on youtube. And you cant like join anymore with a new account either. Whatever.