Page 7 of 69 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion - SPOILERS

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion

Never mind..... most likely fake FYF poster/lineup with NIN as headliner. Looks like FYF lineup won't be released until March.
    Last edited by somewhat_; 01-20-2017 at 08:24 AM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    @teitan if you were ever going to perform all of Year Zero live, this would be the year to do it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    There's rumors that they're kicking off a co-headlining tour with QOTSA late summer. It'd be nice if they snagged both.

Read more: http://inforoo.com/thread/35826/loll...#ixzz4X0td8Krq
    oh please please please please please.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Hoping no. Better yet, fuck no.

That would kind kind of suck to have NIN come back and have a watered down tour. Flipping coins to determine who the "headliner" would be like they did Down Under.

At at this point in their careers I'm not even sure who the band would be that would sell more tickets. If NIN can't put on their own show in a large venue, then it may be just time to stick to large clubs.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post

That would kind kind of suck to have NIN come back and have a watered down tour. Flipping coins to determine who the "headliner" would be like they did Down Under.

At at this point in their careers I'm not even sure who the band would be that would sell more tickets. If NIN can't put on their own show in a large venue, then it may be just time to stick to large clubs.
    they did a tour with Soundgarden and NIN closed every night...

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    they did a tour with Soundgarden and NIN closed every night...
    Yes, but it was a bit watered down to a festival set list. Which I don't think was a real problem since they did a proper arena tour late 2013. NIN is the obvious headliner between those two. Not so sure about QOTSA. Worse yet was they did that weird headliner swap in Australia.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

the payout/amenities/PR afforded to even a somewhat middling arena/amphitheatre tour compared to a large club tour just aren't close. Thats why bands that have no business doing arena tours (Megadeth...Third Eye Blind/Silversun Pickups...Prophets of Rage) keep trying to guild the lily in half to 3/4 filled venues. There's just too much chance of more $ being made from a variety of options that are just not there if u settle for a club tour.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Just think it would be a bummer for NIN to come back after several years of being gone, only to do festivals and a co-headlining tour. Id absolutely love to see Trent do another (new) high production arena show.

The above seems to be pure speculation from people just chatting on message boards any how. We'll see what happens in the coming months I guess.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So, my local festival announces its lineup Tuesday morning and they've started tweeting hints at who could be included: https://twitter.com/SlossFest . Just 2 pics so far, and neither seem to suggest NIN. I'm at a loss who the oxygen tank could refer to, but the second picture COULD mean RHCP will be here, which would be kinda cool if there are other decent bands in the lineup. Do you guys see anything I don't see in those clues?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguymark View Post
    So, my local festival announces its lineup Tuesday morning and they've started tweeting hints at who could be included: https://twitter.com/SlossFest . Just 2 pics so far, and neither seem to suggest NIN. I'm at a loss who the oxygen tank could refer to, but the second picture COULD mean RHCP will be here, which would be kinda cool if there are other decent bands in the lineup. Do you guys see anything I don't see in those clues?
    That first pic they tweeted with the brick wall on the right reminds me of the YZ resistance flag or whatever it is. Admittedly that's one hell of a stretch though.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    The EP is something complete different what we expected, so please, let a tour give us the same surprise. Please not only 'standard' festivals and co-headlining...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That first pic they tweeted with the brick wall on the right reminds me of the YZ resistance flag or whatever it is. Admittedly that's one hell of a stretch though.
    Well, NIN is a no-go for Slossfest. The headliners are Alabama Shakes and Widespread Panic. So... I won't be going to that one. AL Shakes are great, but not festival-headliner great, and I've seen them before, and no one else in the line-up makes me think this would be worth the cost or dealing with the crowd in the heat.

So, 3 weeks later, NY is still the only confirmed date? That's just odd. If it's the only one, I sure hope it's something really special and available for everyone to stream.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    The more I think about it, the more I realize: It's probably the same as always with those guys. I bet they're just waiting for the right moment to drop the fucking news. Just one random festival date? And no comments on that at all being just a one-off show? Yeah, sure. Pair that with a whole new "Live"-section on nin.com and "two major projects in 2017" and you got yourself an awesome year for NIN fans.

I'm betting my ass there will be new music around summer. And there will definitely be more shows. I'd be really surprized if all this new energy that is focused on NIN would just fade away as quickly as it showed up. New website, new art director, new vinyls, new EP—this will definitely lead to more.

I'm hyped already.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Lolla/Osheaga with a few dates around those seems the most likely since they would pay a shit ton (esp. if they are in desperate need of a headliner), the NIN camp has a long & well-established relationship with the Lolla camp & everyone who headlines Lolla usually does Osheaga at the same time. We're not hearing more dates b/c they holding back legally until Lolla announces their lineup. And it won't be many dates in between b/c Trent said it won't be a full tour. Unless of course he was being coy or that's just changed.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Oshega should be announced within the next couple of weeks and FYF will be announced at the beginning of March. I think we will have a better idea by then, but if they do play lollapalooza we might not know about non festival dates until that's announced- which I believe is late March/early April.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Are NIN playing WayHome?

Edit: never mind, no logical evidence. I will leave the link up in case anyone wants to see what was going on.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wayhome/com...being_updated/
    Last edited by somewhat_; 02-07-2017 at 11:34 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Given the way things are going in the world this year, I'm expecting Trent to rely heavily on Year Zero songs for any shows he plans on doing this year. We could very well see the return of Capital G or God Given.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 02-09-2017 at 05:20 AM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    Given the way things are going in the world this year, I'm expecting Trent to rely heavily on Year Zero songs for any shows he plans on doing this year. We could very well see the return of Capital G or God Given.
    Lyrics changed to Capital D

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wayhome's not happening.
    Last edited by SuperNINtendo Chalmers; 02-11-2017 at 06:26 AM. Reason: not the actual happening

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Year Zero start to finish.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Brances/Bones would be an awesome opener. Imagine when it gets at the breakdown Ilan comes in on drums. The energy could be really good.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 02-16-2017 at 05:28 AM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    Brances/Bones would be an awesome opener. Imagine when it gets at the breakdown Ilan comes in on drums. The energy could be really good.
    Pinion (or the Pinion/The Eater Of Dreams combo that was used a few times) into Branches/Bones would be fantastic.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Pinion (or the Pinion/The Eater Of Dreams combo that was used a few times) into Branches/Bones would be fantastic.
    I can see that. If each was actually re-worked a little bit so that it was more of a single, modified song as opposed to just playing both in their entirety. The ITT / Zero Sum blend worked great to close out the show. This could be a great way to open one.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    Word on the street is that NIN may be at Coachella: https://www.reddit.com/r/Coachella/c...ocean_to_fill/

Not sure if they'd be ready?

Edit: supposedly the guy on Reddit who posted this rumor normally gets the headliners correct. This could be legit.
    Last edited by somewhat_; 02-24-2017 at 05:49 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Not sure if they'd be ready?

Edit: supposedly the guy on Reddit who posted this rumor normally gets the headliners correct. This could be legit.
    They were not planning on touring that early. But Coachella just got screwed by Beyonce's bullshit, so they might be ponying up big, big dollars to get someone last minute. NIN's management (or really whoever the replacement headliner is) has Golden Voice up against the wall. The lure of bigger money than they can get really anywhere else might be too good to pass up, rush job or not.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    They were not planning on touring that early. But Coachella just got screwed by Beyonce's bullshit, so they might be ponying up big, big dollars to get someone last minute. NIN's management (or really whoever the replacement headliner is) has Golden Voice up against the wall. The lure of bigger money than they can get really anywhere else might be too good to pass up, rush job or not.
    I've heard that a lot recently. How do you know that? Trent could have been ready months ago. We have no clue. All he did was confirm to us that he would be headlining Panorama. That's it. That's all the knowledge we have as far as touring goes. We have no idea how prepared Trent is and when his ideal starting time is. Only he does.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    I've heard that a lot recently. How do you know that? Trent could have been ready months ago. We have no clue. All he did was confirm to us that he would be headlining Panorama. That's it. That's all the knowledge we have as far as touring goes. We have no idea how prepared Trent is and when his ideal starting time is. Only he does.
    We do know Alessandro and Ilan have been busy doing their own thing up until this point. Ilan has confirmed via Instagram live stream that he will be the drummer. Also, If there were any plans for dates in April, May, or June they would have most likely been announced by now.

He's not ready right now, but that doesn't mean he can't pull it off. It might be any interesting challenge for him.

I don't expect any additional touring, besides this Coachella possibility, until July.
    Last edited by somewhat_; 02-25-2017 at 05:27 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I think they can be ready to go any time now, as far as playing the songs live goes. They can trade the supposedly unfinished visual production for more interesting and aggressive set list, no?