Page 62 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 2069

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion - SPOILERS

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    ^^^^ Also, did anyone else think of the opening credits of Alien when they first saw the logo being constructed?
    Yes. Especially since they did it again in Alien Covenant (and Prometheus), which I just saw this summer.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Just whipped this up. Who else would buy it?

looks too much like the new Marilyn Manson logo (which looks like a shitty NIN logo)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    The guy who yells into mic doesn't even get to the lyric he's messing up
    He does. Most of the time Trent's fucking up that specific line. He's always singing "Within every forest, above the trees", and the guy corrects him because it's "Through every forest". The "You are the honey" thing is fairly new, but I could be wrong about this.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    looks too much like the new Marilyn Manson logo (which looks like a shitty NIN logo)
    Ugh. Forgot about that shit.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horican View Post
    Does anyone recognize the intro music for The Panorama show (I think for all shows)? I think it's an Angelo piece for the new Twin Peaks but I'm not sure
    Just posted by That's Our Waldo on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ThatsOurWaldo/st...47899389837313

"“The” Nine Inch Nails Use Angelo Badalamenti's “Fireman” In Set Intro, Play “She's Gone Away” From #TwinPeaks Live"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    He does. Most of the time Trent's fucking up that specific line. He's always singing "Within every forest, above the trees", and the guy corrects him because it's "Through every forest". The "You are the honey" thing is fairly new, but I could be wrong about this.
    Oh man, that's not even that bad of a lyric mess up though. I'm pretty sure the "I am the honey/you are the honey/I drink the honey" mess up has been happening for years now.
    *checks* Yep, he messes it up in Beside You In Time, so it's been happening for a long time.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I'd rather have Trent do whatever he wants with those Closer lyrics compared to pre WT days, where it was pre-recorded.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Please bring in/back:

Into The Void
    The Idea of You
    The Only Time
    All Time Low
    Where Is Everybody?
    Discipline

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    As much as I absolutely loved All Time Low live, I feel like In Two would fit in this current set the best. The "I just don't know anymore" outro and climax blending into Burning Bright would be majestic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    How was this show announced? Meaning, I think I read somewhere that they sent out an email. Who sent the email? I've been on every list for the last 20 years. I even have an old (now defunct) NIN fan club card, but I didn't receive an email informing me of this show. Just curious. Want to make sure there isn't some other "new" list to which I need to subscribe.

Thanks. And congrats to all that were able to attend this show. I was at the last Webster Halls show where they played TDS in its entirety. Bummed I missed this one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I am I the only one kinda missing Terrible Lie? Even though some say its over played its still one of my favorite must have songs. I remember in 2014 I could only make one show and I wanted the Assault set list but could not believe that Terrible Lie was not in it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    Watching the show gave me a chub. I experienced it via headphones and noticed a lot of cool new sounds in old songs, and Robin's guitar work/sound is sick. I could get the NIN live itch now...that bastard Trez.

It is so fucking windy at times during Panorama. Is that generated from side stage or was it just all perfectly coming together? It is total chaos.

The idea didn’t quite come together. “The piss-stained sheet was a pretty white curtain that looked stupid.” There followed a “harsh talk with the lighting designer,” Reznor recalls. “I said, ‘You are going to throw all this shit out and do what I said the first time. I want the biggest fucking fans in Los Angeles to blow so much smoke that we can’t stand onstage without being knocked over. I want to be the Cure in 1981. I want to be just an outline of a shitty haircut and color and smoke and noise.’ ”

Also, I too noticed all the new sounds in old songs. I haven't heard this much stuff so prominent in the mix since the And All That Could Have Been live album. I LOVE THAT SHIT!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    I am I the only one kinda missing Terrible Lie? Even though some say its over played its still one of my favorite must have songs. I remember in 2014 I could only make one show and I wanted the Assault set list but could not believe that Terrible Lie was not in it.
    Im with you on this. Great staple song, and if the show has good production it's one of the better visual treats (see LITS videoed where they have the interactive camera)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I am I the only one kinda missing Terrible Lie?
    Guess this might stray into controversial comments territory, but I'm so pleased to see the back of that song. Most of the NIN live staples I understand, even if they're not my favourites, but I never got that one. It was an effective opener when they didn't have much else, back in the day, but these days... I mean, it wasn't a single, and I can't see how it stands out in any other way... why stick with it all these years? If I ever met Trent for a chat that would be one thing I'd have to ask. Maybe he just really likes it? It's not that it's a bad song by any means, but its persistence in the setlist confuses me.
    Last edited by ChipRock; 08-03-2017 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Spelling

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    Guess this might stray into controversial comments territory, but I'm so pleased to see the back of that song. Most of the NIN live staples I understand, even if they're not my favourites, but I never got that one. It was an effective opener when they didn't have much else, back in the day, but these days... I mean, it wasn't a single, and I can't see how it stands out in any other way... why stick with it all these years? If I ever met Trent for a chat that would be one thing I'd have to ask. Maybe he just really likes it? It's not that it's a bad song by any means, but its persistence in the setlist confuses me.
    What's there to be confused about? Totally okay to not like the song, but the energy and aggressiveness of it is undeniable. Take a look at some of the older perfomances, Trent almost always is at his absolute craziest when singing that song (BYIT, LITS). I love it and would still love to hear it in a live environment. To me it's almost on par with Somewhat Damaged or MOTP.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Terrible Lie has always and will always represent NIN for me in the same manner that March of the Pigs, Head Like a Hole, Wish, Somewhat Damaged, Burn, etc. represents NIN. I feel like it is the epitome the aggressive side of NIN, lyrically and musically.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    The "I want so much to believe" part of Terrible Lie will always kick my ass.

That said, I'm happy seeing so many long-term staples being moved out or around or dropped for a little while. It maintains a freshness and in turn I'll really appreciate when some of those songs come back again, rather than taking them for granted.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malamoney View Post
    How was this show announced? Meaning, I think I read somewhere that they sent out an email. Who sent the email? I've been on every list for the last 20 years. I even have an old (now defunct) NIN fan club card, but I didn't receive an email informing me of this show. Just curious. Want to make sure there isn't some other "new" list to which I need to subscribe.

Thanks. And congrats to all that were able to attend this show. I was at the last Webster Halls show where they played TDS in its entirety. Bummed I missed this one.
    My e-mail (which appears to have come from a Sandbag mailing list) said: "As a loyal customer of the NIN.com store, we are giving you the opportunity to purchase tickets to see Nine Inch Nails at Webster Hall in New York City this evening."

I also live in New York state, but 400 miles away. So I'm not sure what combo of 1) giving TR all my money and 2) living in NY got me the e-mail.

The e-mail had a Ticketmaster link and a unique, "one-time" password good for up to 2 tickets.
    Last edited by jessamineny; 08-03-2017 at 04:27 PM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Having watched the pro shot and having been at both shows...i can honestly say there def seems to be an edge to NIN in 2017...an edge that has been missing for a LONG TIME....the 2013/2014 tours were very disappointing. Just seemed like TR was going through the motions. Even post WT there have been very good tours but the edge that used to be there during TDS and Fragility era was gone...Something about 2017 NIN where the danger and anger seems to have returned. Even in songs like 'Wish' and 'MOTP' which have been played to death to the point he can sing them in his sleep had an added intensity this week....Fuck, TR even brought back his old 1990s goth look back....Exciting time to be in the NIN camp. NIN hasnt felt this fresh and dangerous in a long fucking time...

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I do think that the current social climate of anxiety, fear, argument and division is the perfect place for songs like Head Like a Hole. March of the Pigs' "Doesn't it make you feel better? The pigs have won tonight" made me think about politics since I first heard it at 12 and I think lines like that are really sticking out this year.

Moving Wish to the front of the show has one an incredible job of instantly signalling what type of set's about to take place, too. I was texting a friend after the fest and when I told them that was the second song they just said "Jesus Christ". It's one of the most intense songs in their repertoire and to pair it with Branches/Bones makes for a completely crazy, wild and brutally sweaty opening.

Also, I hope everybody loves Ilan as much as I do. Getting that kid in the band when they did was a ballsy decision and it has paid off in spades. Watching him have to run from the drum kit to the keys and back for MotP has become a favorite NIN live hobby of mine.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm doing all three days of Riot. I'd be surprised if Trent didn't do something. It's a major city where artists often do something special, Trent ha ps a fondness for the Ohio days, the gear and crew is all there, etc.
    I will be monitoring 24/7 for a club show to be announced and will pay a scalper if needed. I'm excited by Queens, but I can always catch them on tour or travel elsewhere to catch them within a car ride. But seeing a club NIN show is is rarity

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ilan is a god and I can't believe he's just 29. He is extremely talented in his solo stuff, too. It's not my cup of tea, but I certainly appreciate it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Given the amount of TR thirsting that's going on lately, I think I'm just going to give him an eye-fucking from the barrier on the next tour and start screeching the lyrics to "I've Written A Letter to Daddy" at him.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericy210 View Post
    I'm doing all three days of Riot. I'd be surprised if Trent didn't do something. It's a major city where artists often do something special, Trent ha ps a fondness for the Ohio days, the gear and crew is all there, etc.
    I will be monitoring 24/7 for a club show to be announced and will pay a scalper if needed. I'm excited by Queens, but I can always catch them on tour or travel elsewhere to catch them within a car ride. But seeing a club NIN show is is rarity
    I'd put money on them doing a show before Friday, or after Sunday. Competing with Riot Fest proper would be bad form.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericy210 View Post
    Ilan is a god and I can't believe he's just 29.
    It's too bad they haven't played anything this year (yet) where he busts out the 'cello...

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I think it needs to come back revamped a la Sanctified. And I don't mean 'grooved up'.

There's nothing wrong with it - though someone more jaded than I could say it sounds dated - and it's one of my favorites, but it's never really been fucked about with in a meaningful way throughout the years -. I feel like it's a good candidate for deconstruction and experimentation. IMO current NIN could shake it up and make it sound 'dangerous' again.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    It's too bad they haven't played anything this year (yet) where he busts out the 'cello...
    Was HMIAIH the only track he played cello on?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Having watched the pro shot and having been at both shows...i can honestly say there def seems to be an edge to NIN in 2017...an edge that has been missing for a LONG TIME....the 2013/2014 tours were very disappointing. Just seemed like TR was going through the motions. Even post WT there have been very good tours but the edge that used to be there during TDS and Fragility era was gone...Something about 2017 NIN where the danger and anger seems to have returned. Even in songs like 'Wish' and 'MOTP' which have been played to death to the point he can sing them in his sleep had an added intensity this week....Fuck, TR even brought back his old 1990s goth look back....Exciting time to be in the NIN camp. NIN hasnt felt this fresh and dangerous in a long fucking time...
    Personally I wonder whether it's because the 'tour' is so short, there's an extra energy and no feeling of 'we've gotta do this for another year' looming in the back of his mind, so he's cherishing the few hours he has on stage this year - you would really wouldn't you?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I'm now having vivid dreams of them playing Not Anymore. They've gotta do it.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I'm now having vivid dreams of them playing Not Anymore. They've gotta do it.
    I can just hear Robin screaming "And I can't seem to wake up!"