Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion - SPOILERS

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Anyone else bummed that this may end up being a festival only tour a la summer of 2013?
    Hopefully we get more info on a proper tour rather quickly. I expect FYF to sell out fast. Aphex twin and Bjork are also rumored. Word is their lineup is so stacked they had to change it from a 2 day festival to a 3 day festival somewhat last minute.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I am 100% ok with this being a festival run if it means a non-festival (prefer club, but I doubt I'll get to see a NIN club run, at least in the northeastern states) run either over winter or early spring. I hate summer shows because of the heat, so let the festivals get NIN for the summer, I want some fall/winter/spring headlining shows. Hopefully before the earth, or at least this country, is destroyed. Come on, Trent, we don't know how long we have. As it is I'm nervous about hitting up Canadian venues because of how border patrol has been acting.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion

That fyf teaser video pumped me up for these festival shows. Let's hope for lots of live streaming.

I think there will be a tour. It's really a matter of when. He said no plans to tour right now but I bet that changes once there's a band.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Anyone else bummed that this may end up being a festival only tour a la summer of 2013?
    the best part about life is
    knowing you put it together

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Summer of 2013 was an international festival tour. It's apparent that this will only be a handful, at most, of US festivals, which would indicate the possibility of having a proper US/NA tour around these select festival dates. Of course, they could just play the few festivals and that's it, but that seems unlikely. Why wouldn't they play shows between the weekend in LA and the following weekend in NYC?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    That fyf teaser video pumped me up for these festival shows. Let's hope for lots of live streaming.
    Well there wont be a webcast, so you really will have to depend on somebody to stream it form their phone.

Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    How is FYF, typically? Worth going to?
    It really will be this year, just go look up the line ups from the past couple years, if it fits your cup of tea, then youll be good for the whole weekend. they do sell single day passes, but those will be gone in no time at all, so you cannot debate on if you want to go or not once its announced and the onsale date is posted.

Line up is out on Tuesday btw.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Bring on the real dates...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Bring on the real dates...
    I am half expecting the "I've been less than honest about what I’ve really been up to lately..." update in the next few weeks.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Summer of 2013 was an international festival tour. It's apparent that this will only be a handful, at most, of US festivals, which would indicate the possibility of having a proper US/NA tour around these select festival dates. Of course, they could just play the few festivals and that's it, but that seems unlikely. Why wouldn't they play shows between the weekend in LA and the following weekend in NYC?
    They almost have to. How else can you jusitfy the costs of all that crew? What do you do with them during the week in between? Doesn't make much sense financially unless they are traveling extremely light with crew and just flying them out a week after FYF to NYC for Panorama. No one does that, and it makes little sense.

As far as other festivals, both of these are owned by Goldenvoice. Bands typically sign contracts nowadays to do multiple festivals from one promoter, similarly they'll do multiple radio station shows from one company (IHeartRadio). So does anyone knows of any other Goldenvoice festivals that have yet to announce their summer 2017 lineups? Especially ones that occur around late July/early August?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I've seen speculation of them playing the 'Other Stage' at Glastonbury which is 21-25th June. Not sure how that lines up with anything but maybe they are playing world shows and it's just the US ones that have been announced. Glastonbury is always sold out months before line up is announced anyway

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    So what are we thinking here guys? a 22 minute NTAE set followed by <ripe with decay> followed by ghosts 1-3?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    As far as other festivals, both of these are owned by Goldenvoice. Bands typically sign contracts nowadays to do multiple festivals from one promoter, similarly they'll do multiple radio station shows from one company (IHeartRadio). So does anyone knows of any other Goldenvoice festivals that have yet to announce their summer 2017 lineups? Especially ones that occur around late July/early August?
    As far as I can tell all of their festivals that might possibly have NIN have already announced their lineups.

http://www.goldenvoice.com/festivals/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post
    As far as I can tell all of their festivals that might possibly have NIN have already announced their lineups.

Some Coachella goers believe it means nin is playing Coachella next year.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I've seen speculation of them playing the 'Other Stage' at Glastonbury which is 21-25th June. Not sure how that lines up with anything but maybe they are playing world shows and it's just the US ones that have been announced. Glastonbury is always sold out months before line up is announced anyway
    If they were playing Glastonbury, it would be an incredible exclusive thats for sure. Since a lot of acts performing around those dates and other festivals are all booked, and nobody is saving a surprise headliner or addition at this point. At least NIN being an Other Stage headliner it most likely places them against Ed Sheeren on Sunday, cause youre not placing NIn against Foo Fighters or Radiohead, thats too much similarity, and Glasto likes to give you vastly different genre alternatives to the top billed acts.

The only Gv festival left to announce if it even happened would be Desert Trip. But NIN does not belong anywhere near that event anyway. If they did sign on to play Coachella next year, then so be it. Theyre usually booking the headliners at least a year in advance nowadays anyway. Sandwiching NIN in between Beyonce and like Daft Punk would be perfectly fine. I would not be surprised if they did these 2 dates and thats it. They could maybe test out some of the ep material, or just see what the future touring production is going to be and make some tweaks. And considering the kind of budget GV has in regards to booking acts for their festivals, I doubt they are flinching one bit with production costs. And you know we should consider if there is a proper tour, its announced after FYF and Panorama are done, which still gives plenty of time for onsales and such.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post

Pemberton is still in the cards...

I know, if you asked me last week I would have laughed soooo hard at the fact of NIN returning to the BC Mountains this July for the Pemberton festival (They've already played the festival twice. 2008 and 2014), But... with the news of the FYF festival, Pemberton is the weekend before.... soo..... it just increased their chances of maybe showing up again. It just seems too soon to have them back again since they were last here in 2014...

But whatever happens, I'm either attending FYF or Pemberton. Whichever one they're at, i'm there.

NY was soooo not in the cards, but LA.... I can make LA happen!
    Would be nice if they would just play Pemberton though. Would love to save myself a plane ride to LA.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I think youll have to go to l.a if you want a better line up. Partial line up, full list in a few hours.

NIN, Bjork, A Tribe Called Quest, Frank Ocean, Missy Elliot, Solange, Erykah Badu, Iggy Pop, Flying Lotus, MGMT, Blonde Redhead performing Misery Is a Butterfly, King Krule, Little Dragon, Slowdive, Hannibal Buress, Anderson .Paak, Angel Olsen, Nicolas Jaar, The Drums, Kehlani.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Robin Finck was all I needed to see!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Line up officially out.

www.fyffest.com

NIn is Sunday. Single day tickets wil not be onsale until mid april per the website, and in limited quantity. General onsale for 3 day passes is Friday March 24 at noon for $299, a layaway payment plan is available.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Oh my god Atticus is actually in the line up! Wonder what he'll be playing?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Oh my god Atticus is actually in the line up! Wonder what he'll be playing?
    omg, help, are you serious?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    sunday sunday sunday.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    omg, help, are you serious?
    Well I'd assume synths but what about Alessandro?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    More synths, but most likely bass guitar too plus some regular guitar. There is no outright bass player in this line up so.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    If the arrangements are anything like the 2014 shows, he'll be on bass guitar, electric guitar, drum pads, background vocals, miniature sequencers, delay pedals, that wooden plank-shaped touchpad thingy, and varispeed cassette tapes.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    So what are we thinking here guys? a 22 minute NTAE set followed by <ripe with decay> followed by ghosts 1-3?
    Regurgitating an old Meathead joke here, but: just an hour of Pinion.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    as i said before, atticus played bass in his band '12 rounds' and i think he's a multi-instrumentalist, just like alex, robin, ilan and......eh trent.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    That lineup is insane. I've never actually wanted to go to every day of a festival before. If a full tour doesn't come out of this, I'm really going to have to consider it, because goddamn.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Am I the only one who started looking for anagrams in that photo with the lineup?