Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,040 of 2069

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion - SPOILERS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Will there be a live stream for tonight's show?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I'm not finding anything about it so looks like we're using social media again! They do seem to keep their facebook updated now and then.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Letting you and 1,000,000 were played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Apparently The Frail segued into Reptile? Interesting transition there.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    Apparently The Frail segued into Reptile? Interesting transition there.
    I remember that sequence from NINJA/wave goodbye 2009 tour, but I could be wrong.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    TR did this thing a lot during LITS and WG tours. The Frail going unexpectedly into Reptile, or Closer, or something else. He even did this with La Mer (short version) a few times.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    It's good to see more of The Slip coming back. I've still only ever seen 1,000,000 and would love to catch something like Letting You or Head Down someday.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    TR did this thing a lot during LITS and WG tours. The Frail going unexpectedly into Reptile, or Closer, or something else. He even did this with La Mer (short version) a few times.
    I think this would be the biggest let down if I had seen this. The Wretched is one of my favorites and I would very disappointed to get teased like that. So far I have gotten The Wretched 4 outta 5 shows and am super greatful. Saddly I missed the LITS tour so did not see The Frail into Closer.
    Last edited by bryan_NIN65; 10-22-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    I think this would be the biggest let down if I had seen this. The Wretched is one of my favorites and I would very disappointed to get teased like that. So far I have gotten The Wretched 4 outta 5 shows and am super greatful. Saddly I missed the LITS tour so did not see The Frail into Closer.
    I was there last night, and it just crushed me. There should be a law that says frail --> wretched, its very cruel to tease us like that.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    I was there last night, and it just crushed me. There should be a law that says frail --> wretched, its very cruel to tease us like that.
    I dug it, I found it refreshing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I liked the fact that he changed it up as well. It makes the set seem less static and more interesting. It's fascinating how just changing a few songs around changes the overall dynamic of the show.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I liked the fact that he changed it up as well. It makes the set seem less static and more interesting. It's fascinating how just changing a few songs around changes the overall dynamic of the show.
    yeah true, by any mean reptile is a sweet choice, quintessential nin song, can't argue with that one. I just love frail-->wretched so much that i am am biased, wretched is such a great song.
    i wish he would diss closer tho, wretched for reptile and reptile for closer would have been best afaiac

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    It's good to see more of The Slip coming back. I've still only ever seen 1,000,000 and would love to catch something like Letting You or Head Down someday.
    I’d give up five standard songs to hear Head Down

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    The Wretched is my favorite NIN song. I had never seen it live until the Wave Goodbye Chicago show. I've seen The Frail -> literally everything else. It's the biggest fucking cock block feeling ever. Like, to the point where when we heard Ilan count down after that last piano note, my friend and I peeked out along the rail at each other as if to say "you're finally getting The Wretched!"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    The Wretched is my favorite NIN song. I had never seen it live until the Wave Goodbye Chicago show. I've seen The Frail -> literally everything else. It's the biggest fucking cock block feeling ever. Like, to the point where when we heard Ilan count down after that last piano note, my friend and I peeked out along the rail at each other as if to say "you're finally getting The Wretched!"
    Thats funny, I think I have seen The Wretched every time I have seen NIN, and its odd because I may have seen Somewhat Damaged once out of ten times and Reptile one out of ten. Never seen Into The Void. I wish NIN would do a tour and play The Fragile in its entirety for its 20th anniversary. I have read that TR says that his voice has changed and can't sing We're In This Together so that can be the Deviations part of the show.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Midnight View Post
    Thats funny, I think I have seen The Wretched every time I have seen NIN, and its odd because I may have seen Somewhat Damaged once out of ten times and Reptile one out of ten. Never seen Into The Void. I wish NIN would do a tour and play The Fragile in its entirety for its 20th anniversary. I have read that TR says that his voice has changed and can't sing We're In This Together so that can be the Deviations part of the show.
    Yeah, he mentioned that when he was asked at a soundcheck to play it (I think Australia?) and he said if someone wanted to come up and sing it, they'd play it, he just can't sing it anymore. Forever jealous of the guy who went up and did.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Midnight View Post
    I wish NIN would do a tour and play The Fragile in its entirety for its 20th anniversary.
    God please no. Have you seen U2 doing The Joshua Tree last summer? It was awful.
    Last edited by Lerxto; 10-23-2017 at 02:16 AM. Reason: stupidity

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    God please no. Have you seen U2 doing The Joshua Tree last year? It was awful.
    Have some faith NIN would do it better than U2.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    God please no. Have you seen U2 doing The Joshua Tree last year? It was awful.
    Why was it awful? There are reviews right here on ETS where people said it was awesome.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Why was it awful? There are reviews right here on ETS where people said it was awesome.
    Albeit all that money poured on production, Bono's voice was totally shot throughout the show and there were people everywhere with their stupid phone cameras.

Almost nothing new or intriguing musically. The finale was another wtf moment. Nobody knew what was going on.

NIN could do it much better than U2, in fact we've already got TDS live. It was a nice surprise back then because it wasn't advertised as "The Downward Spiral Live 2009".

But after all these years I am done with nostalgia tours. Past should stay in the past. Even themselves cannot outdo it.

If a band's gonna tour, they should tour when they have strong, new material. Except bands who have the ability to play the exact same setlist differently every night, like King Crimson, Frank Zappa etc.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'm only here to say as long as NIN keeps touring I will keep sending them money. Old sets new sets don't care. Just take my money.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    happened to me twice now. Fail > closer LV 2008 and Frail > Reptile Aftershock 2017.

It is indeed crushing. Frail > Wretched is one song to me so I can never understand the "it's refreshing" viewpoint.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    and now.....silence till december? "let's start working on the third ep"
    or other opinions?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    and now.....silence till december? "let's start working on the third ep"
    or other opinions?
    I'm hoping they've been working on it inbetween the recent tour dates. After all they've had quite a lot of time

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    I went to a show on Tension with a friend, who knew that I was dying to hear either WITT or Into the Void. They played Frail > Wretched, and as Wretched was closing out, he looked at me and smiled (he'd be watching setlists)...and I thought "no fucking way, am I really about to get WITT?" And then that sample faded out, and I was crushed.

And then they started Void, and I lost my goddamn mind.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    hi, new poster here. i've been a NIN fan since the way back & have seen them many times (including the sort of famous seattle show at the beginning of the downward spiral tour). i got an invite for the presale for the vegas show & was able to swing it. i've seen hundreds of shows over the last 40 years & the vegas show was 1 of the best shows i've ever seen by anybody. great mix of old & new. the band was full on from the start. there's a vid of the whole thing on youtube. i'll put a link at the end, you be the judge. waiting for a good audio tape of it. also, want to say that i appreciate that NIN seem to be very fan friendly on the merchandise. tshirts, etc were only $25 & high quality. i went to the pixies the next night in vegas. they were pretty good but it was nowhere near the NIN show. & they were charging $35 for shirts. i think this lineup is very strong. i hope we get more shows next year. look forward to posting more here.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Did anyone see Tobacco open in Vegas? I thought the music was kind of interesting but didn't care for the visuals at all. Weird doesn't equal good always.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Did anyone see Tobacco open in Vegas? I thought the music was kind of interesting but didn't care for the visuals at all. Weird doesn't equal good always.
    Yeah, I saw them at Riot and was fairly indifferent to them. The visuals felt like typical "lol random" stuff that doesn't do anything for me at all.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Not really a surprise this far on, but the fact that the new poster in the store lists all the 2017 dates suggests there almost certainly won't be any more surprise shows this year.

EDIT: How cool would it have been if they announced another show simply by having it on that poster and not mentioning it anywhere else?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Ooh! What are the chances we get some nice rehearsal videos a la With Teeth and The Slip?

https://www.facebook.com/ninofficial/videos/10155728964461221/?hc_ref=ARQuPdz60cDvTYSEIVWK9F_WMeMQiOZZVB8jBiztC