Page 63 of 69 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 2069

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion - SPOILERS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'd expect Robin to scream "well not anymore!" while Trent doing the "and I can't seem to wake up!" part.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    Guess this might stray into controversial comments territory, but I'm so pleased to see the back of that song. Most of the NIN live staples I understand, even if they're not my favourites, but I never got that one. It was an effective opener when they didn't have much else, back in the day, but these days... I mean, it wasn't a single, and I can't see how it stands out in any other way... why stick with it all these years? If I ever met Trent for a chat that would be one thing I'd have to ask. Maybe he just really likes it? It's not that it's a bad song by any means, but its persistence in the setlist confuses me.
    It's a pretty big/important song to long-time NIN diehards. It's not even my favorite off of PHM, but it was literally the soundtrack to my discovery of atheism. I didn't know it was an option at the time.

And I have no clue where or when the interview was from, pretty sure pre-WT era, but I distinctly remember Trent being asked that and responding that the song always got him pumped up, no matter how tired/hungover/whatever/he was. Obviously I'm paraphrasing, but that was the gist.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    It sucks that the projector system got discarded after the Bakersfield performance. It had it's moments.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Loving the Webster Hall tape. The raw energy of a club performance, the screamers/talkers (BANE of all tapers), Tront getting a case of mumble-itis during the bridge of Survivalisim and his comments after the song.

Good stuff, real hyped for Riotfest now.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    It sucks that the projector system got discarded after the Bakersfield performance. It had it's moments.

when the projectors got real close to trent's face I thought he was going to turn and punch them both.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperNINtendo Chalmers View Post
    It's a pretty big/important song to long-time NIN diehards. It's not even my favorite off of PHM, but it was literally the soundtrack to my discovery of atheism. I didn't know it was an option at the time.

And I have no clue where or when the interview was from, pretty sure pre-WT era, but I distinctly remember Trent being asked that and responding that the song always got him pumped up, no matter how tired/hungover/whatever/he was. Obviously I'm paraphrasing, but that was the gist.
    in some article that I can't seem to find, he mentions that the chord progression isn't C->D as commonly thought, it's FUCK -> YOU

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    in some article that I can't seem to find, he mentions that the chord progression isn't C->D as commonly thought, it's FUCK -> YOU
    i think that was a joke ben weinman made talking about his audition as a guitarist for the band

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i think that was a joke ben weinman made talking about his audition as a guitarist for the band
    Might have been from Ben's audition but TR made the comment originally... part of the reason Aaron North got the nod was his (dis-)tasteful musical Fuck Placement

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Might have been from Ben's audition but TR made the comment originally... part of the reason Aaron North got the nod was his (dis-)tasteful musical Fuck Placement
    AH yes, you're right. it was about aaron, not ben. my mistake.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    found it

"I'd see guys show up and they could play all the guitar parts and it's not like it's technically that difficult. But the test is always Terrible Lie [from Pretty Hate Machine]. It's two chords: C, D," he says, playing a sturdy air guitar.

"And you'd see these guys and they'd be playing C, D," he says, blankly. "And I'd stop them and say, 'It's not, C, D. It's, '[expletive], you'," he mutters, this time with a more violent air guitar.
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/...ectid=10123013

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    i really like this quote from the next paragraph -
    "I want your hand to bleed, I don't care if you hit the right notes, I need you to support what I'm trying to say in the song. Here's what your role in the band is, it's not to show that you're the greatest guitar player in the world, it's about supporting this crusade we're on. I need a right-hand man."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Anyone think Al and Trent might do something together at riot fest? Love to see a reunion after all these years.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rboggs View Post
    Anyone think Al and Trent might do something together at riot fest? Love to see a reunion after all these years.
    I would be very very very very very surprised if that happened. I would bet against it and I'm not a gambling person.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I would be very very very very very surprised if that happened. I would bet against it and I'm not a gambling person.
    You are probably right, but a boy can dream. I was listening to Night of Nothing the other day, where they share the stage with Prick. Made me realize TR has some amazing duets. I got to catch the Bauhaus leg of the with teeth tour where he did like three songs with peter Murphy. When I saw the riot fest lineup I thought it was kinda magical that ministry and nin shared a bill in the town where it all started. Given Al's shitty attitude, even on his nicest days, makes it unlikely. Still in my mind, it makes it kinda special. The loop closes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The riotfest schedule is up. http://riotfest.org/wp-content/uploa...-grid-2017.png

ministry. 1 1/2 wait at the same stage. Then NIN.
    i will be wearing an adult diaper and jockeying for position!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    That would be amazing...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Not a chance. The most that will probably happen is Trent taking a second to say "Great to share the stage with the guys in Ministry again." or something along those lines.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Not a chance. The most that will probably happen is Trent taking a second to say "Great to share the stage with the guys in Ministry again." or something along those lines.
    Yeah, NIN shared a festival with various friendly bands (including Ministry) countless times. Nothing ever happens. (Well, maybe except that Dillinger Escape Plan thing in 2009).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Day For Night in Houston announces next week on Sept 20th. Cross your fingers.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Not to mention, this was actually asked yesterday and Trent said there'd be no special guests or "let's play together" with Al or anyone at Riot.
    Anyone know if there's going to be an official (or wonderful person with a big data plan) streaming tonight?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Not to mention, this was actually asked yesterday and Trent said there'd be no special guests or "let's play together" with Al or anyone at Riot.
    Anyone know if there's going to be an official (or wonderful person with a big data plan) streaming tonight?

They dont stream Riot Fest, its not in their budget.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So there's a NIN show happening right now and literally nobody here is talking about it? At the very least I expected Tony's dumb-ass bitching about the last 3 songs. #WTFETS? Totally planned on attending Riotfest since NIN was announced, but couldn't make it happen due to various life circumstances (drank & fucked it all away).

Ha, and I want to make it crystal sparkling clear that I quite like Tony and his contributions here, it's only that specific bitch I find to be dumb-assed.
    Last edited by SuperNINtendo Chalmers; 09-15-2017 at 09:16 PM.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    The background world!!!!!!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Is there a non-official stream kicking around somewhere?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    OMG! The background world!!???

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Background world debut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperNINtendo Chalmers View Post
    So there's a NIN show happening right now and literally nobody here is talking about it? At the very least I expected Tony's dumb-ass bitching about the last 3 songs. #WTFETS? Totally planned on attending Riotfest since NIN was announced, but couldn't make it happen due to various life circumstances (drank & fucked it all away).

Ha, and I want to make it crystal sparkling clear that I quite like Tony and his contributions here, it's only that specific bitch I find to be dumb-assed.

Don't know where to find any info on what's going on TO talk about, tbh. Instagram is scattered shit, haven't found anyone streaming or even live tweeting.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The FOMO is real tonight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Don't know where to find any info on what's going on TO talk about, tbh. Instagram is scattered shit, haven't found anyone streaming or even live tweeting.
    Legit in shock that no one is updating, but I suppose I shouldn't be. I had closer options to see NIN this year, though none anywhere near my home, but I specifically wanted to do this one because I knew it wouldn't be filled with scenester/selfie/cellphone types. You know the ones, those cocksucking vampires that have ruined going to concerts.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)