Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 1948

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion - SPOILERS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm doing all three days of Riot. I'd be surprised if Trent didn't do something. It's a major city where artists often do something special, Trent ha ps a fondness for the Ohio days, the gear and crew is all there, etc.
    I will be monitoring 24/7 for a club show to be announced and will pay a scalper if needed. I'm excited by Queens, but I can always catch them on tour or travel elsewhere to catch them within a car ride. But seeing a club NIN show is is rarity

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ilan is a god and I can't believe he's just 29. He is extremely talented in his solo stuff, too. It's not my cup of tea, but I certainly appreciate it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Given the amount of TR thirsting that's going on lately, I think I'm just going to give him an eye-fucking from the barrier on the next tour and start screeching the lyrics to "I've Written A Letter to Daddy" at him.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericy210 View Post
    I'm doing all three days of Riot. I'd be surprised if Trent didn't do something. It's a major city where artists often do something special, Trent ha ps a fondness for the Ohio days, the gear and crew is all there, etc.
    I will be monitoring 24/7 for a club show to be announced and will pay a scalper if needed. I'm excited by Queens, but I can always catch them on tour or travel elsewhere to catch them within a car ride. But seeing a club NIN show is is rarity
    I'd put money on them doing a show before Friday, or after Sunday. Competing with Riot Fest proper would be bad form.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericy210 View Post
    Ilan is a god and I can't believe he's just 29.
    It's too bad they haven't played anything this year (yet) where he busts out the 'cello...

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    I am I the only one kinda missing Terrible Lie? Even though some say its over played its still one of my favorite must have songs. I remember in 2014 I could only make one show and I wanted the Assault set list but could not believe that Terrible Lie was not in it.
    I think it needs to come back revamped a la Sanctified. And I don't mean 'grooved up'.

There's nothing wrong with it - though someone more jaded than I could say it sounds dated - and it's one of my favorites, but it's never really been fucked about with in a meaningful way throughout the years -. I feel like it's a good candidate for deconstruction and experimentation. IMO current NIN could shake it up and make it sound 'dangerous' again.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    It's too bad they haven't played anything this year (yet) where he busts out the 'cello...
    Was HMIAIH the only track he played cello on?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Having watched the pro shot and having been at both shows...i can honestly say there def seems to be an edge to NIN in 2017...an edge that has been missing for a LONG TIME....the 2013/2014 tours were very disappointing. Just seemed like TR was going through the motions. Even post WT there have been very good tours but the edge that used to be there during TDS and Fragility era was gone...Something about 2017 NIN where the danger and anger seems to have returned. Even in songs like 'Wish' and 'MOTP' which have been played to death to the point he can sing them in his sleep had an added intensity this week....Fuck, TR even brought back his old 1990s goth look back....Exciting time to be in the NIN camp. NIN hasnt felt this fresh and dangerous in a long fucking time...
    Personally I wonder whether it's because the 'tour' is so short, there's an extra energy and no feeling of 'we've gotta do this for another year' looming in the back of his mind, so he's cherishing the few hours he has on stage this year - you would really wouldn't you?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    I'm now having vivid dreams of them playing Not Anymore. They've gotta do it.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I'm now having vivid dreams of them playing Not Anymore. They've gotta do it.
    I can just hear Robin screaming "And I can't seem to wake up!"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'd expect Robin to scream "well not anymore!" while Trent doing the "and I can't seem to wake up!" part.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    Guess this might stray into controversial comments territory, but I'm so pleased to see the back of that song. Most of the NIN live staples I understand, even if they're not my favourites, but I never got that one. It was an effective opener when they didn't have much else, back in the day, but these days... I mean, it wasn't a single, and I can't see how it stands out in any other way... why stick with it all these years? If I ever met Trent for a chat that would be one thing I'd have to ask. Maybe he just really likes it? It's not that it's a bad song by any means, but its persistence in the setlist confuses me.
    It's a pretty big/important song to long-time NIN diehards. It's not even my favorite off of PHM, but it was literally the soundtrack to my discovery of atheism. I didn't know it was an option at the time.

And I have no clue where or when the interview was from, pretty sure pre-WT era, but I distinctly remember Trent being asked that and responding that the song always got him pumped up, no matter how tired/hungover/whatever/he was. Obviously I'm paraphrasing, but that was the gist.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It sucks that the projector system got discarded after the Bakersfield performance. It had it's moments.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Loving the Webster Hall tape. The raw energy of a club performance, the screamers/talkers (BANE of all tapers), Tront getting a case of mumble-itis during the bridge of Survivalisim and his comments after the song.

Good stuff, real hyped for Riotfest now.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    It sucks that the projector system got discarded after the Bakersfield performance. It had it's moments.

when the projectors got real close to trent's face I thought he was going to turn and punch them both.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperNINtendo Chalmers View Post
    It's a pretty big/important song to long-time NIN diehards. It's not even my favorite off of PHM, but it was literally the soundtrack to my discovery of atheism. I didn't know it was an option at the time.

And I have no clue where or when the interview was from, pretty sure pre-WT era, but I distinctly remember Trent being asked that and responding that the song always got him pumped up, no matter how tired/hungover/whatever/he was. Obviously I'm paraphrasing, but that was the gist.
    in some article that I can't seem to find, he mentions that the chord progression isn't C->D as commonly thought, it's FUCK -> YOU

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    in some article that I can't seem to find, he mentions that the chord progression isn't C->D as commonly thought, it's FUCK -> YOU
    i think that was a joke ben weinman made talking about his audition as a guitarist for the band

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i think that was a joke ben weinman made talking about his audition as a guitarist for the band
    Might have been from Ben's audition but TR made the comment originally... part of the reason Aaron North got the nod was his (dis-)tasteful musical Fuck Placement

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Might have been from Ben's audition but TR made the comment originally... part of the reason Aaron North got the nod was his (dis-)tasteful musical Fuck Placement
    AH yes, you're right. it was about aaron, not ben. my mistake.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    found it

"I'd see guys show up and they could play all the guitar parts and it's not like it's technically that difficult. But the test is always Terrible Lie [from Pretty Hate Machine]. It's two chords: C, D," he says, playing a sturdy air guitar.

"And you'd see these guys and they'd be playing C, D," he says, blankly. "And I'd stop them and say, 'It's not, C, D. It's, '[expletive], you'," he mutters, this time with a more violent air guitar.
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/...ectid=10123013

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    i really like this quote from the next paragraph -
    "I want your hand to bleed, I don't care if you hit the right notes, I need you to support what I'm trying to say in the song. Here's what your role in the band is, it's not to show that you're the greatest guitar player in the world, it's about supporting this crusade we're on. I need a right-hand man."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone think Al and Trent might do something together at riot fest? Love to see a reunion after all these years.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rboggs View Post
    Anyone think Al and Trent might do something together at riot fest? Love to see a reunion after all these years.
    I would be very very very very very surprised if that happened. I would bet against it and I'm not a gambling person.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I would be very very very very very surprised if that happened. I would bet against it and I'm not a gambling person.
    You are probably right, but a boy can dream. I was listening to Night of Nothing the other day, where they share the stage with Prick. Made me realize TR has some amazing duets. I got to catch the Bauhaus leg of the with teeth tour where he did like three songs with peter Murphy. When I saw the riot fest lineup I thought it was kinda magical that ministry and nin shared a bill in the town where it all started. Given Al's shitty attitude, even on his nicest days, makes it unlikely. Still in my mind, it makes it kinda special. The loop closes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The riotfest schedule is up. http://riotfest.org/wp-content/uploa...-grid-2017.png

ministry. 1 1/2 wait at the same stage. Then NIN.
    i will be wearing an adult diaper and jockeying for position!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That would be amazing...

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Not a chance. The most that will probably happen is Trent taking a second to say "Great to share the stage with the guys in Ministry again." or something along those lines.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Not a chance. The most that will probably happen is Trent taking a second to say "Great to share the stage with the guys in Ministry again." or something along those lines.
    Yeah, NIN shared a festival with various friendly bands (including Ministry) countless times. Nothing ever happens. (Well, maybe except that Dillinger Escape Plan thing in 2009).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Day For Night in Houston announces next week on Sept 20th. Cross your fingers.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Not to mention, this was actually asked yesterday and Trent said there'd be no special guests or "let's play together" with Al or anyone at Riot.
    Anyone know if there's going to be an official (or wonderful person with a big data plan) streaming tonight?