Page 60 of 69 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 2069

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion - SPOILERS

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Just for fun, I'm going to create an ideal setlist out of what's been played at these 4 shows. Going to keep it to 19 tracks.

1. Branches/Bones
    2. 1,000,000
    3. MOTP
    4. SICNH
    5. The Frail
    6. The Wretched
    7. Copy of A
    8. Less Than
    9. Sanctified
    10. Burn
    11. Parasite
    12. Reptile
    13. She's Gone Away
    14. Piggy
    15. Survivalism
    16. The Great Destroyer
    17. Burning Bright (field on fire)

ENCORE BREAK

18. Somewhat Damaged
    19. HLAH

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Hmm.... fuck it, double post!

Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    As someone who was way too young to go to a show when TDS came out, and really sadly missed out on the Fragility tour...
    Quoting you here from the Webster hall tour journal, because I wasn't in attendance and can't reply in that thread, but this right here.
    My biggest regret in life was not traveling for that fragility tour.

I was only 16 and it was during the middle of school, was living in Winnipeg, Manitoba at the time and the closest show was Toronto, Ontario. I couldn't go. I had never taken a trip at that point in my life. I had a couple friends that skipped school and went... so jealous of them. That is hands down my biggest regret in life. If I knew back then how much that tour would have meant, I would have gone as well...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Hmm.... fuck it, double post!

Quoting you here from the Webster hall tour journal, because I wasn't in attendance and can't reply in that thread, but this right here.
    My biggest regret in life was not traveling for that fragility tour.

I was only 16 and it was during the middle of school, was living in Winnipeg, Manitoba at the time and the closest show was Toronto, Ontario. I couldn't go. I had never taken a trip at that point in my life. I had a couple friends that skipped school and went... so jealous of them. That is hands down my biggest regret in life. If I knew back then how much that tour would have meant, I would have gone as well...
    Yep ... I feel you. I could have logistically gone to the MSG show in NY but had a veeeeery overprotective mom. I didn't feel like having a huge argument about it, and missed out on that. I had a classmate who went to that show (normal parents I guess, heh?), and he wasn't even really a fan (in the sense of being a fanatic). The next night was the show I was supposed to go to ('cause I could go with a friend and their dad), and it got cancelled. (Too much partying with Marilyn Manson the night before maybe?) Tonight made up for it as much as it possibly could, though.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    Yep ... I feel you. I could have logistically gone to the MSG show in NY but had a veeeeery overprotective mom. I didn't feel like having a huge argument about it, and missed out on that. I had a classmate who went to that show (normal parents I guess, heh?), and he wasn't even really a fan (in the sense of being a fanatic). The next night was the show I was supposed to go to ('cause I could go with a friend and their dad), and it got cancelled. (Too much partying with Marilyn Manson the night before maybe?) Tonight made up for it as much as it possibly could, though.
    Damn, you missed the MSG night with the surprise appearance by Manson? Shiiiit, now I feel extra bad that you missed that show! I didn't even know there was a 2nd night planned. Interesting that it got cancelled... Probably was too fucked up from partying. Those 2 on "good terms" again in the same room was sure to create for one hell of a night for the record books.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Just for fun, I'm going to create an ideal setlist out of what's been played at these 4 shows. Going to keep it to 19 tracks.

1. Branches/Bones
    2. 1,000,000
    3. MOTP
    4. SICNH
    5. The Frail
    6. The Wretched
    7. Copy of A
    8. Less Than
    9. Sanctified
    10. Burn
    11. Parasite
    12. Reptile
    13. She's Gone Away
    14. Piggy
    15. Survivalism
    16. The Great Destroyer

ENCORE BREAK

18. Somewhat Damaged
    19. HLAH
    This, except I'd rather just drop Survivalism altogether and put The Lovers back in since, even if you don't like it, it IS new material. Song sucks, just another loopy repetitive annoying one for me. And has a dumb singing style too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    This, except I'd rather just drop Survivalism altogether and put The Lovers back in since, even if you don't like it, it IS new material. Song sucks, just another loopy repetitive annoying one for me. And has a dumb singing style too.
    Couldn't agree with you more. The chorus of "Survivalism" has always rubbed me the wrong way, especially moreso live than the album version. For me personally, the chorus doesn't sound like NIN. I really love the "hypnotic sound of sirens..." verse though, which I feel the complete opposite about.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I absolutely love T&A's reworking of I Can't Give Everything Away. That lovely, looping synth melody is almost hypnotic, and hearing David's voice underneath Trent's is so cool.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Y'all talking about dropping The Lovers and Survivalism from sets while including the mess that is 1,000,000?

Choices.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    wait, are you saying survivalism is loopy and has a dumb singing style, or the lovers? i facepalmed and then unfacepalmed your post because i couldn't tell.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    wait, are you saying survivalism is loopy and has a dumb singing style, or the lovers? i facepalmed and then unfacepalmed your post because i couldn't tell.
    He's dissing two good songs, so it's worth facepalming at any rate.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I'd facepalm either way.

Edit: Whoops, too late.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Complaining about setlists is so 2014.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

1. Branches/Bones
    2. 1,000,000
    3. MOTP
    4. SICNH
    5. The Frail
    6. The Wretched
    7. Copy of A
    8. Less Than
    9. Sanctified
    10. Burn
    11. Parasite
    12. Reptile
    13. She's Gone Away
    14. Piggy
    15. Survivalism
    16. The Great Destroyer

ENCORE BREAK

18. Somewhat Damaged
    19. HLAH
    I'd also add the "I Can't Give Everything Away" remix somewhere in there. It's such an amazing tribute.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Yeah the Riv would be great, too (not as great as the Metro)
    Hey, if the Foo Fighters can do it ...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Damn, you missed the MSG night with the surprise appearance by Manson? Shiiiit, now I feel extra bad that you missed that show! I didn't even know there was a 2nd night planned. Interesting that it got cancelled... Probably was too fucked up from partying. Those 2 on "good terms" again in the same room was sure to create for one hell of a night for the record books.
    The second night was at the Nassau Coliseum. There are a lot of missed experiences due to my home environment (hmm, we're getting extremely personal here for the "tour discussion thread"), so I can't get too angry about any single one of them – but yeah. I was incredibly depressed that I missed it. I was practically in love with NIN at that age, if you can be in love with a band. Again, I'm sorry you missed out too.

To make this relevant to the thread: again, last night was amazing. How was I three people behind the rail, in front of Trent? How did that happen? NIN fans are amazing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I can't say with 100% certainty, but it suuuuuure looks like that larger than usual "monitor" in front of his mic stand actually has a teleprompter screen inside it. It looked like he was looking down during the spoken word parts on the new material at Panorama, and tonight I saw a roadie pulling a screen out of it after the show ended. I guess it's fine for usage during those parts, but it's still kind weak.
    Having seen him completely forget the 2nd verse to Terrible Lie at Charter One in 2009, I'm fine with him having a teleprompter as a backup.

Just as long as he's not standing in one place reading the words to EVERY song like Ozzy does.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I kind of like how they handled the presale of tickets yesterday, and I hope they do something similar next year when shows are announced so that less tickets get into the hands of scalpers. You get your own unique code that can only be used once to unlock Ticketmaster. Not sure how that would work if you wanted to go to multiple shows. Maybe you get a maximum amount of times you can apply that code or for a session time that you remain on Ticketmaster's site. In order to get that code, you had to purchase something through the nin.com store, to make you a 'loyal customer', which is probably a good percentage of people here. I guess that purchase is somewhat equivalent to being in and paying for a fan club, which I don't mind. As far as getting your tickets, I like the idea of showing your ID and going to will call to get them. Pearl Jam does this and what's different is that I don't know where my seats are until the day of the show, which to me, is a cool surprise. I wouldn't mind Trent adopting something similar to that. /rambliing

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Survivalism sucks, The Lovers is great. I enjoy Trent attempting and succeeding to hit notes like the ones The Lovers at 52.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Survivalism sucks, The Lovers is great. I enjoy Trent attempting and succeeding to hit notes like the ones The Lovers at 52.
    Yeah ... I can't stand Survivalism anymore either.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    after watching all the streams/live footage i could find for nin 2017 i have to say i am very impressed. i hope that more secret and last minute shows happen. smaller venues, and less time for scalpers to try and fuck everyone. really loving all the new stuff live, and can't get enough of that bowie tribute! honestly surprised they haven't been playing afraid of americans, i thought for sure that was what was gonna get played on this tour. id take that over survivalism any day. don't get me wrong, i love studio survivalism, but never appreciated it live. i think parasite should be in every setlist and that it was a great treat, and fit well within the set. i love the more minimal production, and hope it carries over to a real tour in '18. i really don't get all the hate its been getting. did you guys hate the wave goodbye tour too? i doubt we will ever get a full on lights in the sky type tour again and I'm okay with that. big shout out to toiou for putting that out on bluray! for the most part i understand and agree about everyones major setlist complaints, although i guess i understand why tr ends most shows this way, especially the festivals. i have been praying since '06 that they start to do the hlah arrangement that they did with peter murphy - sans peter murphy though haha.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Dang. Not sure how I feel about them doing HTDA covers.

Why? They (Trent and Atticus) composed the music for that too. No one seemed to have a problem with them doing Hand Covers Bruise or What If We Could...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Trent has a little smirk on his face when the lights finally came back on during Burn. I was awaiting what his reaction was gonna be when/if they ever came back on haha.
    So now he just smiles when something goes wrong? That's not the angry Trent we know.
    While watching that, I was totally expecting a freakout, or calling someone out on turning the lights off.
    Trent's going soft on us.

I'm surprised they were all able to keep playing in complete darkness. Kudos to the band for keeping it together.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 08-02-2017 at 02:12 PM.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    He's dissing two good songs, so it's worth facepalming at any rate.
    You're dissing 1M but I'm liking your post anyway, because opinions about songs are perfectly fine

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    You're dissing 1M but I'm liking your post anyway, because opinions about songs are perfectly fine
    1mil has its purpose for me at shows - it's the song I use to snap a few pics during.

Nothing beats the time they played Letting You in Cardiff in 2014 and I spent three minutes in front of Trent with my arms folded and side-eyeing.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So we can all at least agree Burning Bright should be at every show ever for all of time from now on right?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    So we can all at least agree Burning Bright should be at every show ever for all of time from now on right?
    *Angrily shouts agreement into megaphone*

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I would love to hear the loop closes live. It would be a dream come true for me. I'm fine with any HTDA songs in the set really. The music was too awesome to just go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    *Enraged over not being able to attend surprise shows with setlist improvements happening in different countries hundreds of miles away that I probably couldn't even have attended even if I lived in the fucking city, for some reason*

Fucking hell I'm jelly of you lucky people. Next year can't come soon enough.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Does anyone recognize the intro music for The Panorama show (I think for all shows)? I think it's an Angelo piece for the new Twin Peaks but I'm not sure