Page 55 of 69 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 2069

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion - SPOILERS

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I can't even describe how unreal the sound was. When that first big drop in Reptile came in I couldn't fucking believe how great it sounded. Jesus Christ.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Damn, you see that audience fucking jumping? THEY sure aren't complaining about the 3H's. And they're actually at the show.
    They don't matter. Only the people at home on a message board who have seen them 8,000 times

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Good show, even though 85 minutes still seems a bit short for a festival headlining set. Also a bit disappointed that they didn't bring back the drums for the live version of "Something I Can Never Have" like they did for older live versions like on Closure and BYIT.

Is it just me, or did Trent's guitar amp not work during "The Hand That Feeds"? Because I didn't hear his usual guitar part when he used his guitar, but I did hear the bass.

Also good to see what exactly Atticus' gear appears to be, albeit through only a handful of shots that show what it is (rather than just the front part). Not a keyboard, but a bunch of buttons, like a sequencer or sampler or something. Sticking with that for the whole set threw me way off when I first saw video of the first show of the tour, as I was expecting him mainly play bass with some keyboards on the side, instead of the usual designated keyboardist becoming the designated bassist.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I hope someone uploads the video stream some time soon! I need to watch this!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Nicholas View Post

Is it just me, or did Trent's guitar amp not work during "The Hand That Feeds"? Because I didn't hear his usual guitar part when he used his guitar, but I did hear the bass.
    finally got an iPad to stream, and yeah I caught that too. The large screens on the side looked pretty cool but this iteration of NIN seems a bit... "meh" thus far- not sure why a song like The Lovers gets a slot compared to Idea of You, such is life I guess. Hope these shows were much better live and hope the faithful enjoyed themselves (they usually are better in person).

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    From "The Great Destroyer".

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    finally got an iPad to stream, and yeah I caught that too. The large screens on the side looked pretty cool but this iteration of NIN seems a bit... "meh" thus far- not sure why a song like The Lovers gets a slot compared to Idea of You, such is life I guess. Hope these shows were much better live and hope the faithful enjoyed themselves (they usually are better in person).
    The Lovers is my favourite from both EPs. If I'm not mistaken though both these festivals have been very mainstream ones so maybe some heavier new songs will be included for Riotfest and Aftershock since they are more rock orientated?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    No Chromecast? Best solution to getting it to your tv and not having to connect hdmi out.

i did not hear stuttering earlier.
    yeah i have an android TV (sony bravia) but the yahoo music stream didn't have a button to cast it. I also tried using the browser on my PS3, but it wouldn't play the stream.

i ended up giving up in disgust. I thought i read earlier in the day that it was going to be streaming via twitter like the last one, but that was clearly not the case. now just gotta wait for the capture to pop up.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    The Lovers is my favourite from both EPs. If I'm not mistaken though both these festivals have been very mainstream ones so maybe some heavier new songs will be included for Riotfest and Aftershock since they are more rock orientated?
    It really depends on what they decided to rehearse is my guess. There's enough time between the shows to switch it up, but considering the last three songs is what's been played for what seems forever I would t hold my breath, along with what Trent decided to add from the newest EP's. These shows just seem really underwhelming from both a production and intensity standpoint for a major headliner.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    So yeah, that was a great fucking show. The sound was fantastic, and I don't know if they're doing something to the music, or it was the venue, but the sounds sounded fucking HEAVY tonight. Holy shit that 1st guitar blast in Reptile, and Burning Bright, so fucking thick and heavy. Even Closer sounded pumped up. During the breakdown of The Great Destroyer, did the stream show the stage, or was it showing all the crazy shit we were seeing on the screens? Some new stuff in the visuals like a naked fat 3D man, and during the breakdown sometimes they'd fade in Trent and Atticus on stage a bit, that was a cool effect. Great seeing so many familiar faces tonight, my NIN family!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    I don't know if they're doing something to the music, or it was the venue, but the sounds sounded fucking HEAVY tonight. Holy shit that 1st guitar blast in Reptile...
    Yeah when Reptile started up I saw people turn to look at one another as they picked up their jaws from the floor. Reptile sounded huge.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quietime View Post
    Yeah when Reptile started up I saw people turn to look at one another as they picked up their jaws from the floor. Reptile sounded huge.
    Me me me.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    According to setlist.fm, Somewhat Damaged was on the setlist again tonight, but not played. Wonder why he keeps cutting it. Especially since there was time tonight. Someone said they only played for 85 mins.... SD would have rounded it up to 90.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    As someone who attended this show, it's my favorite of the 4 I've seen. First time on the rail, the sound was immaculate, the closeness of the band was electrifying, I have never seen Trent seem so grateful and happy to be performing a show, the crowd around me were ll serious fans and the set was unbelievably heavy. None of this is to mention specifics or all of the wonderful people I met (which I'll do soon but nof right now because it's 2 AM and I'm waiting for a train).

I'm beyond happy I decided to fly to NYC for this and it only boosts my desire to see more. I have always obsessed over visuals and yet seeing them without big screens was a beautiful, immediate, performance-centric and detailed time of overwhelming emotions and music. This band has so many incredible songs and everybody who is sitting at home bitching about what they're playing is forgetting how good these songs are in the first place and how strong and immediate they can be when in person. 11/10 would sit through Glass Animals again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    fun show, #14 for me. the setting really made tonight special imo. cant beat a perfect summer night in nyc.

trent sounded grateful to be there and getting to see 5 new songs was a treat.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    So yeah, that was a great fucking show. The sound was fantastic, and I don't know if they're doing something to the music, or it was the venue, but the sounds sounded fucking HEAVY tonight. Holy shit that 1st guitar blast in Reptile, and Burning Bright, so fucking thick and heavy. Even Closer sounded pumped up. During the breakdown of The Great Destroyer, did the stream show the stage, or was it showing all the crazy shit we were seeing on the screens? Some new stuff in the visuals like a naked fat 3D man, and during the breakdown sometimes they'd fade in Trent and Atticus on stage a bit, that was a cool effect. Great seeing so many familiar faces tonight, my NIN family!
    The naked fat man was the NYC created naked Trump statue. http://imgur.com/oQ0ZCQ9

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    pretty intense performance. def more energy and aggression than any of the 2013/2014 shows....was at the show with a friend who used to be a hardcore fan but dropped off after With teeth. been listening to him bitch for 10 years at how Reznor lost it and sucks now...by the end of the show he wouldnt stop about how brilliant the show was and was one of the best concerts he had ever seen...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    2:40 was too late for me in the UK as I was up early yesterday anyway...

Don't suppose any of you nice folks managed to capture the stream?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I am loving the ridiculous amount of fog being pumped onto the stage. Reminds a whole lot of watching videos from The Downward Spiral tour.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbeyond View Post
    I am loving the ridiculous amount of fog being pumped onto the stage. Reminds a whole lot of watching videos from The Downward Spiral tour.
    While it was a alot of fog, it's still not as much as they used at Reading 2013. You couldn't see Alessandro or Ilan for the entire show.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbeyond View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    While it was a alot of fog, it's still not as much as they used at Reading 2013. You couldn't see Alessandro or Ilan for the entire show.
    Was at the 2009 NINJA show in Vegas at The Pearl. Was so bad in there the smoke alarms went off shortly hefore NIN came on stage.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Any stream captures? I fell asleep last night :/

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Any stream captures? I fell asleep last night :/
    I believe @TheBang is working on something.

Edit: Found something for the time being (from reddit).
    Last edited by niggo; 07-31-2017 at 06:21 AM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Here are the download links for audio and video.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    So, I guess it's safe to say that anyone going to the other two festival shows should anticipate at least one extra show around that time.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    So, I guess it's safe to say that anyone going to the other two festival shows should anticipate at least one extra shows around that time.
    Riot Fest is great in that they schedule a lot of aftershows throughout the weekend. The likelihood of a Chicago club/theater show is very high. Potentially the Aragon Ballroom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Riot Fest is great in that they schedule a lot of aftershows throughout the weekend. The likelihood of a Chicago club/theater show is very high. Potentially the Aragon Ballroom.
    That would be awesome. We're going to riot fest too and were driving not flying. So could stay there if they announced one.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Was at the 2009 NINJA show in Vegas at The Pearl. Was so bad in there the smoke alarms went off shortly hefore NIN came on stage.
    I was there too. I'd forgotten about that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    while watching the Panorama stream:

"you are someone else... i am still right here..."

RANDOM AUDIENCE DUDE: "YEAH YOU ARE!"

gave me a hearty LOL.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Because he's fucking Robin Finck and you will look at him and you will goddamn like it.
    I really didn't need to see inside the pores on his face, though. :P