Page 49 of 69 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 2069

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion - SPOILERS

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    ^ this look he's got going right now is...really doing things for (to?) me. hnnnnnnngggggg

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Its the gloves I am sure.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Panorama is being live streamed on yahoo. Not sure if NIN will be streamed though.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    ^ this look he's got going right now is...really doing things for (to?) me. hnnnnnnngggggg
    *throws a clean towel your way

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Huh. I guess I was lucky enough to see that in Detroit that tour, then. I had no idea that wasn't a nightly staple for them lol.
    yep, in fact Bauhaus did this huge flipping teaser where the beginning chord for BL would be played and would fill the air and keep humming as they would walk off the stage and: END SHOW lights on....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Panorama is being live streamed on yahoo. Not sure if NIN will be streamed though.

Sirius XM doing a broadcast too. Which would be nice since you would get a very high quality audio feed to record if they had NIN on there.

http://blog.siriusxm.com/2017/07/25/...weeks-seletion

Yahoo states Tyler, the Creator, alt-J, Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness, Girl Talk, Vance Joy, Foxygen, Glass Animals plus more tba in their article.

https://www.yahoo.com/music/live-str...171512639.html

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    that is so funny and so wrong on so many levels...

i'm curious,
    why the request for turning on the blue tooth option on personal cp's at the show. what would be the purpose for this?
    Last edited by muse-lyre candy; 07-25-2017 at 10:35 PM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I get that Trent wanted the show to be focused on the band playing and not the high-tech production. Problem is that the band on stage has never been more static. It really all comes down to him and Fink.
    I love Atticus and Alessandro but they really don't have any stage presence. If they are going to have Atticus on stage behind a synth from start to finish, I think they need to add a 6th member to handle additional bass/guitar and bring some energy up front.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    I get that Trent wanted the show to be focused on the band playing and not the high-tech production. Problem is that the band on stage has never been more static. It really all comes down to him and Fink.
    I love Atticus and Alessandro but they really don't have any stage presence. If they are going to have Atticus on stage behind a synth from start to finish, I think they need to add a 6th member to handle additional bass/guitar and bring some energy up front.
    I thought Justin Meldal Johnsen really bought the energy, he'd be a great addition. Also it was great watching Ilan Rubin play bass on Sanctified on the 2014 tour although that wouldn't work with the drums

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I thought Justin Meldal Johnsen really bought the energy, he'd be a great addition. Also it was great watching Ilan Rubin play bass on Sanctified on the 2014 tour although that wouldn't work with the drums
    Justin was the best thing to happen to NIN since Lohner. He was amazing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That and Atticus just seemed to be hitting samples rather than playing things live to anywhere near the level that Alessandro does

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    I understand.
    But we're not living in the nineties/2000-ties anymore.
    Personally this (mature) behaviour looks normal to me.
    That's why they need to stop play songs which belong to the image of that era (e.g. wish etc etc)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    I understand.
    But we're not living in the nineties/2000-ties anymore.
    Personally this (mature) behaviour looks normal to me.
    That's why they need to stop play songs which belong to the image of that era (e.g. wish etc etc)
    I dont mind Wish. However he looks odd singing March of the Pigs at his age.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    "When I sing “Hurt,” which I’ve done countless times and will continue to do"

He's talking to us. Hurt is in the permanent collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Edit: Forgot to say thanks to Trent for all the extra smoke.
    *Snips image, goes right to the Photoshop thread with it*

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    "When I sing “Hurt,” which I’ve done countless times and will continue to do"

He's talking to us. Hurt is in the permanent collection.

Trent pisses all over my dreams yet again.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I dont mind Wish. However he looks odd singing March of the Pigs at his age.
    I dunno, "26 years on my way to hell" is just a tad silly when he's like, literally twice that now.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    I don't understand why his age matters for either song. He wrote them. They're his songs. It's not like he covering beiber or whatever the kids are listening to these days.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I dunno, "26 years on my way to hell" is just a tad silly when he's like, literally twice that now.
    with that topic in mind...makes me question if seeing live as they are today; DM signing 'Little 15' or Stray Cats with 'She's Sexy + 17' i imagine would be super creepy(?)
    i think 26 on way to hell and 52 (2x as far as 26) is relatively relative(?)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eichalvindore View Post
    with that topic in mind...makes me question if seeing live as they are today; DM signing 'Little 15' or Stray Cats with 'She's Sexy + 17' i imagine would be super creepy(?)
    i think 26 on way to hell and 52 (2x as far as 26) is relatively relative(?)
    little 15 has ALWAYS been creepy

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Are there any detailed shots of Atticus' equipment and what's on TR's equipment stand at the front of the stage?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Are there any detailed shots of Atticus' equipment and what's on TR's equipment stand at the front of the stage?
    I'd like to see that too. The official live two-song video of them taking the stage has a couple of good shots of Trent's gear

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Looks like TR is using an Akai MPD232 controller. Can't really see a good view of Atticus' setup in that video, but it looks like a NI Maschine controller and something else.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yahoo will be streaming select acts from Panorama. I really hope NIN can make this list.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    Yahoo will be streaming select acts from Panorama. I really hope NIN can make this list.
    Yeah, the last time I counted on that, I ended sleeping at 4AM happy to find some cellphone broadcast on periscope.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post

Trent : Akai MPD232
    Atticus : Livid Instruments CNTRL:R , NI Maschine Mk2, Korg Kaoss Pad KP3, Angled computer display (mb touchscreen?)
    Alessandro : OP-1, Tascam Portastudio 414, Dave Smith Prophet 12, Eurorack Modular Synth

Regarding what they do with it i'm not quite sure.
    There is an interesting moment in the 'back to stage' video at the end of the first chorus or B/B, you can see Trent realizing that he left one of the faders on the MPD open and he goes back to the control to turn it down.
    The result you can clearly hear is a low end noisy drone fading away when he lowers it.
    My guess is that he's using it similarly to Alessandro's tascam tape player. (see 5.10 in return to stage video), multiple channels of noise running continuously and he can just fade them in and out when wanted using the faders.
    Regarding what Atticus is doing I'm not quite sure. You can see him doing the same kind of 'playing a noise with a Fader' at 6.06 in the back to stage video but i doubt it's all he's doing. The screen looks like ableton with a plugin window (maschine? instrument vst ?) open in the center of the screen but it probably varies depending on the track.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

That intro with the slow build up and logo formation is so cool!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Listening to the FYF recording right now. Fucking excellent quality.

Random thoughts:

- The intro is tits.
    - Funny lyric fuck-up in Wish: "Gotta listen to your big time, bad line, haaaard line, FIST FUCK!"
    - Something's off with Less Than, but can't really pinpoint what it is. Maybe it's the guitar in the verses.
    - SICNH is fucking awesome. Great arrangement.
    - Burning Bright sounds amazing. But they must've changed a guitar chord or so in the pre-chorus section -- sounds different and kinda strange to me. I noticed that on the Bakersfield recording, too. I think they lowered it by an octave.

All in all great vocal perfomance by Trent. All I miss are a few screamy parts he's not singing anymore (e.g. ending of Gave Up or Reptile).
    Last edited by niggo; 07-27-2017 at 07:36 AM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I caved and looked at the sets after seeing a ton of individual songs mentioned everywhere and am actually really pleased with the show that I'll be seeing. I don't really know what everyone so salty about them were expecting out of these dates, but this is a pretty good blend overall and I'm crossing my fingers we get to see the debut of She's Gone Away in New York (it, Reptile and Burning Bright were my biggest wishes from this tour, so no matter what, I'll be getting 2 out of 3 unless if they really change the setlist up).