Page 46 of 69 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 2069

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion - SPOILERS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I'd be willing to go as high as $5,000 for an exclusive event like that.
    Funny, that was the exact price that popped into my head too (well, $10,000. but there are two of us, so $5,000 each).

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by augustobt View Post
    I think it was the best setlist from the shows I did. Missed a 10/10 because they had Big Come Down printed and didn't played. And the show ended like 15min before the curfew. anyway, if the guy that ruined sicnh was a short haired dude with a grey-colored shirt on the rail right in front of robin, then it was me. sorry.
    I was on the rail in front of Trent, he was behind me - sounded like two or three rows behind me. Ah, yes, I remember about the TBCD being on the set. I vaguely recall it turned up on one or two other setlists from that tour but was never played. Odd.

Cardiff had my fave setlist from the shows I did, but Paris was the best show overall. Great crowd and the band were on fire, which I thought was rare on that leg of the tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Eichalvindore View Post
    so a random thought;
    let's say there was some kind of a special nin-(? ETS)exclusive show that took place in alkatraz type island facility or a cruise ship, something not easily accessible to anybody not having a ticket, and say it was an event that lasted 3 days...and separate set lists for say 2 nights of (total) play time. tickets being super limited, how much would you pay for such an exclusive type of an event?

Trent should be paying me to turn up and troll.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    so a random thought;
    let's say there was some kind of a special nin-(? ETS)exclusive show that took place in alkatraz type island facility or a cruise ship, something not easily accessible to anybody not having a ticket, and say it was an event that lasted 3 days...and separate set lists for say 2 nights of (total) play time. tickets being super limited, how much would you pay for such an exclusive type of an event?

I'd max the shit out of my credit cards.

Then afterwards I'd go live on a rock in the middle of the ocean. Take that creditors!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'd be willing to go as high as $5,000 for an exclusive event like that.
    so now let's add tiers for ticket sales and for each ticket sold at a price of $xxxx.xx VIP dollars, you would be able to choose (1) song for the setlist...and an exclusive t-shirt that had printed on it the name of the song you chose..
    Last edited by muse-lyre candy; 07-24-2017 at 03:03 AM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Javra View Post
    I'd take Terrible Lie / Somewhat Damaged / Burn / Gave up over The Frail / The Wretched / Reptile
    I know I might be in the minority for saying this, but as much as I love Reptile (fantastic song), I think it's overstayed it's welcome in the live environment.
    a few tours ago it used to be a treat to get Reptile live, but now it seems to have become a staple song.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    so now let's add tiers for ticket sales and for each ticket sold at a price of $xxxx.xx VIP dollars, you would be able to choose (1) song for the setlist...
    I think you should start a new thread in the NIN section if you want to discuss this. Won't be long til the mods tell us to stay on track, lol.
    But, you're on to something there... having a tiered experience, and the more you spend, the better the perks are. Being able to select a song from the setlist,That would be amazing.

It would have to be limited to like 5 or 10 spots or something.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    shit i was gonna download the stream tomorrow without checking the setlist lol....nice surprise that he busted it out
    That's like my favorite song ever.

He could play that one every show and I'd still never get sick of it, unlike MOTP, HLAH, THTF, Wish..

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    unlike MOTP, HLAH, THTF, Wish..
    If we're sick of hearing these songs, how does the band feel about playing these songs over and over and over again? Doesn't it get boring for them as well?

I've never understood why bands will play the shit out of songs from a record on a touring cycle and then the songs will just disappear for the end of time after the tour cycle is done.

There are so many songs from With_Teeth I'd love to make it back into the set. The Line Begins to Blur, Getting Smaller, Beside You in Time, Love is not enough, the collector, hell.... i'd even take some EDIETS at this point!

I heard the shit out of these songs on the 2005 With_Teeth shows I attended that year, but I haven't heard these songs live since. I was so sick of hearing "Love is Not enough" for the 10th time, that I would be all over that song now in 2017!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I think you should start a new thread in the NIN section if you want to discuss this. Won't be long til the mods tell us to stay on track, lol.
    But, you're on to something there... having a tiered experience, and the more you spend, the better the perks are. Being able to select a song from the setlist,That would be amazing.

It would have to be limited to like 5 or 10 spots or something.
    ty for the suggestion.
    i reposted it in the random NIN question thread.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    That's like my favorite song ever.

He could play that one every show and I'd still never get sick of it, unlike MOTP, HLAH, THTF, Wish..
    I never really got sick of MOTP but the others I agree. Only and THTF and Hurt I am burned out on...I wish Sin would make a comeback....

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    I wish Sin would make a comeback....
    Sin was epic live. I miss that and Suck the most from the last few tours. Well, WITT was probably the best track I ever got at shows but there's more chance of it raining pizza than hearing that again.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    If it helps, I can post more pictures.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    hey, any word on those peeps with the ARG phones?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Other than SICNH, Bakersfield destroyed this show. Looks like he just gave up the ghost on visuals entirely, sans TGD.

This is basically a stripped down club show for festivals. Although admittedly Field on Fire was an excellent visual presentation.

Yes I was there.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I know I might be in the minority for saying this, but as much as I love Reptile (fantastic song), I think it's overstayed it's welcome in the live environment.
    a few tours ago it used to be a treat to get Reptile live, but now it seems to have become a staple song.
    dunno man, Reptile was one of the heaviest moments in Bakersfield and LA for me. Somehow that opening riff sounds heavier than usual this year.

Also: the fuck was Robin wearing.
    Last edited by TheRealNs1; 07-24-2017 at 03:26 AM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    Other than SICNH, Bakersfield destroyed this show. Looks like he just gave up the ghost on visuals entirely, sans TGD.

This is basically a stripped down club show for festivals. Although admittedly Field on Fire was an excellent visual presentation.

Yes I was there.
    Word is, somebody here spoke to one of NIN's techs who say that TR was unhappy with the visuals in Bakersfield so they decided to rework them entirely.

On that subject - I did not care one bit that we didn't get some huge, extravagant light show in Bakersfield. I'd seen NIN 3 times previously, once during LITS and twice during Tension. As I'm sure we all know, those tours were very very busy and gorgeous visually. They were the type of shows that have news reports written just because of how insane and complicated they are. And then my 4th show was Bakersfield, during which the lighting consisted of a few projectors and a white sheet.

Honestly, I didn't miss the light show at all. Don't get me wrong, it's absolutely gorgeous and I never actively wished for it to be gone, but seeing NIN on the rail in a tiny little intimate venue like that is just absolutely nuts. It feels like a rock and roll show is happening right there in front of you, as opposed to, I dunno, a play? Just a totally different vibe imo. I love the light show and would be stoked to see it come back in 2018, but it definitely did not upset me at all to be without it.

And on top of that, it seems like an incredibly unfair criticism. It's sort of unreasonable to expect TR to put together some big elaborate light show for 4 festival shows that were booked on apparently pretty short notice.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    And on top of that, it seems like an incredibly unfair criticism. It's sort of unreasonable to expect TR to put together some big elaborate light show for 4 festival shows that were booked on apparently pretty short notice.
    thats the problem with setting the bar so high, as TR has. Reasonable minds can disagree; I personally wish he would've continued the arms race. As it stands Tool wins the award for the biggest show I've seen this year.
    Last edited by TheRealNs1; 07-24-2017 at 04:00 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    My body is on fucking fire. Too tired to post thoughts tonight, but I do want to mention in case no one else has that The Great Destroyer definitely had some interesting imagery in there. I saw Trump, the blue screen of death, the Year Zero censorship logo, the Add Violence cover, and more. Probably not anything ARG related we need to be freezeframing and looking for, but just mentioning in case there is. If anyone finds a good video of that song, we can comb through it in the ARG thread. Night!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Judging by the youtube videos I've seen so far from FYF, it appears that the light show was even more stripped down compared to Bakersville.

Trent's comment about going "anti-tech" just sounded like an excuse to me. NIN has never been anti-tech.
    On the contrary, they have always been ahead of their time as far as live presentation goes.
    I think it just didn't make sense to do a huge production for a handful of festival dates.

Happy to wait for a full tour before spending any money on a show.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I have appreciated the visuals over the years but I also love just seeing the band play music live. I have already expressed my set list comments, which would be the only area that could improve. Drop Lovers, THTF, HLAH, Hurt add TIOY, NA, AATCHB and TBW.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    at the bakersfield show Tront totally botched the lyrics on Closer, "you are the honey, inside your hive"

also , like most of us, im burnt out on the only time breakdown, please bring the original back!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    dunno man, Reptile was one of the heaviest moments in Bakersfield and LA for me. Somehow that opening riff sounds heavier than usual this year.

Also: the fuck was Robin wearing.
    i would love Reptile as I have seen them five times and not seen them play it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    i would love Reptile as I have seen them five times and not seen them play it.
    same, never seen eraser or burn either

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I wonder if we're getting multiple on stage videos like we did in 2009.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    same, never seen eraser or burn either
    I've seen all of those far too many times. EUROPEAN SETLISTS.

The Only Time breakdown needs to fuck off. It was cool for the first few years, but it's just boring now.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    As far as the lack of LED screen visuals for the whole set, there was a time, like in the 90s, when NIN was known for having a KILLER light show, so to me its a throwback to those days. FOG MACHINES

I wish they would bring back the drop cloth and frontal projections for a few songs. Like the ERASER/HURT/TDS triad

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've seen NIN dozens of times through many visually spectacular tours. It's almost a relief that Trent is backing off a little on the visuals. It's a lot of pressure to try to keep outdoing yourself when you set the bar so high. When it comes down to it, smoke and big flashy lights enhance the moment just fine. With all of the many shows I have seen from the pit, some of my favorite moments have been being bathed in red and blue lights during Gave Up or destroyed by strobes during Wish. Don't get me wrong, I love the technically marvelous and jaw-droppingly beautiful work they've done in the past. But it's expensive and it limits the ability to mix up the setlist. What's more important and unique to me as a fan is the music and Trent's ferocity as a performer. That's what brings me back over and over again. But I've gotten to the point in my life where waiting all day in the blazing sun surrounded by a swarm of drunk youth with a bunch of bands I don't care about in order to see a mostly greatest hits set is just not fun anymore. So I'll go to Newport Folk Fest instead of Panorama and chill with the the other grownups until NIN headlines their own tour.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
    Tool is trash live and has been for years, post 10,000 Days.
    You're adorable.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
    Also, why is everyone bitching about the stripped down stage? The EPs are stripped and messy, so the stage reflects that.
    dont get me wrong I still had a great time, but compared to tours past it feels....underfunded.
    Last edited by TheRealNs1; 07-24-2017 at 12:11 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Wasn't the Wave Goodbye Tour very simple visually but with wonderful setlists like TDS in full? I'll take setlist rotation over visuals that make the setlist almost 100% static. Little selfish by me since I probably won't attend any concert so all I have is the internet. But the music matters much much more, no doubt.