Page 45 of 69 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 2069

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion - SPOILERS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Yeah.

This is pretty upsetting to me. I know we got a great set in Bakersfield (4 new songs, HTDA cover, unreleased David Bowie cover) but man... I really, really would have loved "SICNH."
    Same. That's the song I would pick above all others as my most wanted song to hear in concert.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I wonder what's crossed off between Burning Bright and and THTF. Guessing Survivalism. Which is fine be me. We don't need anymore Survivalism.
    Survivalism is my fave live track, lol.

Guessing that setlist is from Ally's tech. The notes on bass/guitar seem to match up.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So did they play HLAH? I only saw one person mention it. (To be fair, I've only heard of like.. one time where they scrapped it, but yanno, good to ask.)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I love Survivalism, but I wouldn't be upset if I never saw it live again. At this point, the only way I want that song is if they're doing Year Zero in full.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayscaleRain View Post
    So did they play HLAH? I only saw one person mention it.
    They did, it was on the Periscope.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    Same. That's the song I would pick above all others as my most wanted song to hear in concert.
    I would have much rather had SICNH over Parasite.

I wonder if Parasite was the Bakersfield "exclusive" track for the hardcore fans. I can't see that song appearing again this year at any of the festivals to be honest.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I honestly hope they don't play Parasite next weekend. Would much rather hear Terrible Lie. Which come to think of it, it's odd they haven't played it on the first two shows of this run.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I honestly hope they don't play Parasite next weekend. Would much rather hear Terrible Lie. Which come to think of it, it's odd they haven't played it on the first two shows of this run.
    Sin, Terrible Lie, Down in it... just change it the fuck up!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Somewhat Damaged, Terrible Lie, The Idea of You, Dear World...

if only they could squeeze them into this setlist.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Trent needs to play an exclusive show for ETS members where we get to pick the setlist.

Imagine being in a room with just people from the board.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

I wonder if Parasite was the Bakersfield "exclusive" track for the hardcore fans. I can't see that song appearing again this year at any of the festivals to be honest.
    Bakersfield had Burn as well. I wouldn't mind if Burn disappeared for a while. I used to love it live, but I think it's been overplayed for the last decade.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Cool

Trent needs to play an exclusive show for ETS members where we get to pick the setlist.

Imagine being in a room with just people from the board.
    Trent needs to play an exclusive show for ETS members where we get to pick the setlist all blacklisted. *fixed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Bakersfield had Burn as well. I wouldn't mind if Burn disappeared for a while. I used to love it live, but I think it's been overplayed for the last decade.
    I think it's a good one for festivals.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Maybe the problem with me is I need to stop seeing NIN live for a good 10 years. Then maybe I will appreciate these generic run-of-the-mill singles sets.

As if I could ever convince myself to stop going to NIN shows for 10 years. But I envy those people that can.
    Guy behind me at the rail in Bakersfield, it was only his 2nd NIN show ever. His first being Fresno 2005.... To only have been that guy. The show must have seemed incredibly fresh and exciting to him.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Survivalism is my fave live track, lol.

Guessing that setlist is from Ally's tech. The notes on bass/guitar seem to match up.
    Emilie is Alessandro's long-term SO. Cool gal.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Bakersfield was a great experience. But, silly (or stupid) as it sounds, I am jealous the festival got SICNH and I didn't at Bakersfield. On the periscope stream, so many people were walking out before Hurt. They couldn't pry me away until the lights are 100% on and it's over. Also, look at many of the vids, pics, etc...people just standing around chatting, some not even looking at the screen (really, that is why I don't care for festivals; it's a party for many instead of a chance to appreciate a beloved artist). I LOVE every minute at a NIN concert and would never walk out early, etc. I don't intend this as a complaint in any way though it must seem that way -- I'm sorry. I'm just jealous. I love SICNH and have never seen it live.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I don't know, if you guys ask me, it was a solid set. Second song Wish, SICNH instead of Piggy, Copy of A in the middle -- all that sounds at least a little surprising to me. Hope everybody there had a good time!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    I don't know, if you guys ask me, it was a solid set. Second song Wish, SICNH instead of Piggy, Copy of A in the middle -- all that sounds at least a little surprising to me. Hope everybody there had a good time!
    Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved what they did with the placement of Wish there. I think we're all just a tad disappointed that She's Gone Away and Somewhat Damaged were both cut AGAIN from the encore. Cut Something else earlier in the set! Or don't make setlists that are an hour and 45 mins long when you know you're only playing for an hour and 30 mins.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    I love SICNH and have never seen it live.
    The last time I heard SICNH live (which, according to setlist.fm, was the last time it was played until tonight), there was this guy screaming along like it was a black metal song. Pretty much ruined the moment.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved what they did with the placement of Wish there. I think we're all just a tad disappointed that She's Gone Away and Somewhat Damaged were both cut AGAIN from the encore. Cut Something else earlier in the set! Or don't make setlists that are an hour and 45 mins long when you know you're only playing for an hour and 30 mins.
    they could've easily slashed gave up and the lovers for somewhat and she's gone.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by augustobt View Post
    they could've easily slashed gave up and the lovers for somewhat and she's gone.
    Lovers needs to go. Somewhat would have gotten a much better response from the audience.
    I know they rehearsed more than 2 songs off of AV. Play Not Anymore.

Something else that gets the crowd going.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I would have dropped Frail/Wretched personally for time for SD and then have She's Gone Away instead of Burning Bright.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The last time I heard SICNH live (which, according to setlist.fm, was the last time it was played until tonight), there was this guy screaming along like it was a black metal song. Pretty much ruined the moment.
    you were at cardiff too? I was there (and I was screaming along, but not like it was a black metal song).

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    you were at cardiff too? I was there (and I was screaming along, but not like it was a black metal song).
    Yup. Good setlist, crowd was a bit shit, but still probably my favourite out of the UK shows I did that tour.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I would have dropped Frail/Wretched personally for time for SD and then have She's Gone Away instead of Burning Bright.
    Burning Bright is amazing live. I'm actually surprised that was rehearsed/played. Great live song.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    so a random thought;
    let's say there was some kind of a special nin-(? ETS)exclusive show that took place in alkatraz type island facility or a cruise ship, something not easily accessible to anybody not having a ticket, and say it was an event that lasted 3 days...and separate set lists for say 2 nights of (total) play time. tickets being super limited, how much would you pay for such an exclusive type of an event?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yup. Good setlist, crowd was a bit shit, but still probably my favourite out of the UK shows I did that tour.
    I think it was the best setlist from the shows I did. Missed a 10/10 because they had Big Come Down printed and didn't played. And the show ended like 15min before the curfew. anyway, if the guy that ruined sicnh was a short haired dude with a grey-colored shirt on the rail right in front of robin, then it was me. sorry.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eichalvindore View Post
    so a random thought;
    let's say there was some kind of a special nin-(? ETS)exclusive show that took place in alkatraz type island facility or a cruise ship, something not easily accessible to anybody not having a ticket, and say it was an event that lasted 3 days...and separate set lists for say 2 nights of (total) play time. tickets being super limited, how much would you pay for such an exclusive type of an event?

I'd be willing to go as high as $5,000 for an exclusive event like that.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eichalvindore View Post
    so a random thought;

First Google Image result:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'd take Terrible Lie / Somewhat Damaged / Burn / Gave up / Beginning of the end over Piggy / The Frail / The Wretched / Reptile anytime.
    I understand that those song appeal to some people but I find them utterly boring live (and i don't like green)
    It's kind of annoying me to know that despite being 'deep cuts' they'll never be rotated on this tour. If you add the classic singles they won't ever drop on festivals that's like 85% of the setlist written in stone
    Last edited by Javra; 07-24-2017 at 02:47 AM.