Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 2060

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion - SPOILERS

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Stowe, VT
    Posts
    451
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    NIN looks very out of place on that lineup.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    warsaw, pl
    Posts
    317
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Ugh, I don't want to fly.

    *quietly investigates flights from Ireland to NY*
    better wait, maybe they'll announce some EU shows soon.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    warsaw, pl
    Posts
    317
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    NIN looks very out of place on that lineup.
    tbh big festivals are usually very diverse, that looks pretty normal to me.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    193
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So, they're headlining at least one festival this summer. I can't imagine this is a one-off thing. I'd bet over the next few weeks, we'll start seeing similar announcements for different shows. Hey Trent, wanna come to Birmingham? Slossfest isn't a huge festival, but it would be improved immeasurably by your presence. And the venue is an old iron plant. Ya don't get more "industrial" than that. Just sayin. ....

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    477
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    There HAVE to be other dates. Right? RIGHT?

    I mean was there ever a band that played only one festival?
    Last edited by niggo; 01-09-2017 at 09:29 AM.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    717
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    There will be other shows. Reznor isn't a one and done kinda guy.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    575
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I've been to Randall's Island a few times for festivals. FYI: even if you live in the city, next to a train or bus line, you still have to walk over the bridge to the island. Maybe there'll be shuttles? But I hate that sort of thing. From what I recall parking is costly and driving away is a pain towards the end of the night.

    Also, I hope NIN don't cut into the timeslot of A Tribe Called Quest, or the other way around. That would mean I wouldn't get to see the full set of either...

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    66
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Here's hoping they don't do outside lands. We missed out on a proper tension show because of the damn festival.

    But I think we're going to see the full slate of all the usual suspects. Oh well, exciting times are here again!
    Last edited by matt925; 01-09-2017 at 09:36 AM.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    warsaw, pl
    Posts
    317
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I think the best thing in the world would be if TR announced that Aaron North has fully recovered and will be a part of the 2017 lineup.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Part of Texas Where Motherfuckers Actually Wear Cowboy Hats and Whatnot
    Posts
    4,658
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Hot Damn, ladies and gentleman.

    i think we can safely say that it's on.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    2,399
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I literally know only like 3 bands from the lineup (including NIN).

    This reminds me, did APC announce the rest of their dates yet?

    Does anyone think NIN will be able to hit some of late summer Euro fests?
    Last edited by fillow; 01-09-2017 at 09:57 AM.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hopefully he'll do a show in town before or after the festival date like most bands do. 37 year old me refuses to do festivals anymore but for TR why not. Excited! Also this has to be tied to new material correct? I mean he won't tour just to promote the EP there has to be something like a full length LP coming soon.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    1,757
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    37 year old me with neuropathy agrees. Not going to festivals.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Part of Texas Where Motherfuckers Actually Wear Cowboy Hats and Whatnot
    Posts
    4,658
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Thirded. Damn near 37 year old me with chronic pain from compression fractures can only even really stand up for one set.

    But i think this OBVIOUSLY means tour and new LP and the whole 9 yards, new NIN era.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    875
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hani View Post
    I think the best thing in the world would be if TR announced that Aaron North has fully recovered and will be a part of the 2017 lineup.
    Aaron North AND Robin Finck!

    Trent is relegated to trambourines only.

  16. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    warsaw, pl
    Posts
    317
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    Aaron North AND Robin Finck!

    Trent is relegated to trambourines only.
    meh, I could do without Finck for a while. that bluesy way he started to play in isn't very exciting.

  17. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    419
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    I've been to Randall's Island a few times for festivals. FYI: even if you live in the city, next to a train or bus line, you still have to walk over the bridge to the island. Maybe there'll be shuttles? But I hate that sort of thing. From what I recall parking is costly and driving away is a pain towards the end of the night.

    Also, I hope NIN don't cut into the timeslot of A Tribe Called Quest, or the other way around. That would mean I wouldn't get to see the full set of either...

    I went to Panorama last year. I went on saturday. Headliners were Kendrick Lamar, Suftjan Stevens and The National.
    Sstevens played right before Kendrick. Did not go into kendrick's set at all. he got off like 15 mins before Kendrick got on.
    Both played a full set as far as I know.
    Last edited by NINisamazing; 01-09-2017 at 11:12 AM.

  18. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pottstown, PA
    Posts
    1,150
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yeah Made in America was enough for me, not doing another festival. Hopefully another show somewhat close to me happens.

  19. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,620
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    This reminds me, did APC announce the rest of their dates yet?
    They havent. Tool is playing Randall's Island in a different festival early June.

  20. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    875
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hani View Post
    meh, I could do without Finck for a while. that bluesy way he started to play in isn't very exciting.
    Who do you propose though? We all know Aaron North is not happening, and I don't want a "Pino Palladino of guitar players" to join the line up. A NIN guitarist should be shredding and going crazy.

    Maybe Josh will be reinvited, to which I can't make any comments, because I don't know his style of play when he has the spotlight. But personally I want a new face, if we won't get Finck - whom I still dig.

  21. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,830
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Man, cheapest flight would be over 500, and that's with a huge layover. Guess I'll grab the next one

  22. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Smithtown, New York
    Posts
    1,451
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NINisamazing View Post
    I went to Panorama last year. I went on saturday. Headliners were Kendrick Lamar, Suftjan Stevens and The National.
    Sstevens played right before Kendrick. Did not go into his set at all. he got off like 15 mins before Kendrick got on.
    Both played a full set as far as I know.
    Was it easy to get in and out of there? Heard it could be a pain in the ass.

  23. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    2,399
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    Who do you propose though? We all know Aaron North is not happening, and I don't want a "Pino Palladino of guitar players" to join the line up. A NIN guitarist should be shredding and going crazy.

    Maybe Josh will be reinvited, to which I can't make any comments, because I don't know his style of play when he has the spotlight. But personally I want a new face, if we won't get Finck - whom I still dig.
    Richard fucking Patrick.
    He can take the mic from TR each night to tell how much he liked being in NIN in 1989-91 and got all inspired and wrote that HMNS song that kickstarted his Filter thing and later he wrote that song Jurassitol that's about his time in Nine Inch Nails and here goes that song Me I'm Not.

  24. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    875
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    richard fucking patrick.
    He can take the mic from tr each night to tell how much he liked being in nin in 1989-91 and got all inspired and wrote that hmns song that kickstarted his filter thing and later he wrote that song jurassitol that's about his time in nine inch nails and here goes that song me i'm not.
    did you know richard patrick's nickname was piggy and it might or might not have inspired the song called "piggy" on the critically acclaimed hit record, the downward spiral?

    [edit: FUCK, I wrote it in all caps..... fuck you board, you took away half the fun... ]

  25. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    594
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Richard fucking Patrick.
    He can take the mic from TR each night to tell how much he liked being in NIN in 1989-91 and got all inspired and wrote that HMNS song that kickstarted his Filter thing and later he wrote that song Jurassitol that's about his time in Nine Inch Nails
    I did not know that "Jurassitol" was about his time in Nine Inch Nails. Huh. That's an old favorite. And I guess that makes a lot of sense, given his feelings upon departure.

    When I was sixteen, at my first job, I used to rock out in my car, singing "Jurassitol" about my first boss--who, as far as I could tell, never even learned my name, preferring instead just to call me "The Faggot." Good times!

  26. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    6,335
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    I did not know that "Jurassitol" was about his time in Nine Inch Nails. Huh. That's an old favorite. And I guess that makes a lot of sense, given his feelings upon departure.

    When I was sixteen, at my first job, I used to rock out in my car, singing "Jurassitol" about my first boss--who, as far as I could tell, never even learned my name, preferring instead just to call me "The Faggot." Good times!
    so for continuing de-rail, but i want to kick your old boss in the balls (and i'm a pacifist). that word makes my fucking blood boil.

  27. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    594
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    so for continuing de-rail, but i want to kick your old boss in the balls (and i'm a pacifist). that word makes my fucking blood boil.
    Oh, yes. Mine too.

    Apologies for the derail! I have terrible derailing tendencies.

  28. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    448
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    If memory serves before Trent did the festival stuff for Hesitation Marks there were a couple of small shows dotted around to play with set's and stuff. They'll be more dates, although no idea whether that'll be just festival and club shows or full on tours.

    Exciting times people, exciting times.

  29. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    679
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    My older brother who I've only met once (he was adopted) lives in Brooklyn, looks like I'm going to this. SO HYPED.

  30. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,576
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    If I remember correctly, this festival was held at the Mets stadium last year, so this is a new location for them.

Posting Permissions