Page 14 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion - SPOILERS

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    So, what's the drop dead date to give up on proper tour dates? May 1? Sometime in mid May? June 1?
    What are others thoughts on this? I can't be the only one waiting things out before giving in to one (or two or three) of the festivals.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    What are others thoughts on this? I can't be the only one waiting things out before giving in to one (or two or three) of the festivals.
    I was still holding onto hope for Pemberton, and I don't even know why. They've pushed the release of their lineup back so much now that it's left a bad taste in my mouth of even wanting to attend now.

Word on the street is NIN is 100% not playing Pemberton anyway. Someone on reddit that has "inside info" apparently "knows someone" that confirmed they are 100% not playing. The lineup will be out at the latest, Thursday anyway. But, it's not looking good. Word on the street was they were on the bill and pulled out due to Pemberton's lack of professionalism and updates and the delays with releasing the lineup.

I'm waiting til the end of the week and then.... I donno.... I can't do LA, something came up that weekend, so at this point Riot fest is still in the running for me. I honestly don't think we're getting a tour this year. Maybe another couple festival shows might pop up in between Panorama and Riot for the month of August, but a full blown tour is out at this point.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Word on the street was they were on the bill and pulled out due to Pemberton's lack of professionalism and updates and the delays with releasing the lineup.
    Hmm, if true, could nin be frustrated because pemberton was holding them up from releasing proper tour dates? I still think we've got to give it at least another week.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I'm with the others that think there has to be more than just a handful of festival dates. Financially, even with good pay days from said festivals, I'm not sure how much sense it makes to put together some type of production and management and crew and rehearsal time/space, etc. just for X amount of shows. If they were like Tool doing the same thing once a month every year over and over then that would be a different story.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I'm with the others that think there has to be more than just a handful of festival dates. Financially, even with good pay days from said festivals, I'm not sure how much sense it makes to put together some type of production and management and crew and rehearsal time/space, etc. just for X amount of shows. If they were like Tool doing the same thing once a month every year over and over then that would be a different story.
    Yeah, I agree with this. When they go on stage at FYF, it will have been nearly 3 years since NIN last performed live, so them just getting together to play a few festivals here and there with no real tour doesn't make sense to me.

I feel like if they don't announce any tour by June 1st, then it's not happening this year, but that will surprise me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    All I really want out of this run is a bunch of high quality recordings of Burn Bright performed live if I'm being perfectly honest with myself here so as long as we get that, I'm going to have a hard time complaining (not that I won't; I'm a NIN fan after all).
    I still just cannot envision this being a good song live. I love it on the album. It's my clear winner of the new tracks. But live? It just strikes me as something that wouldn't translate well. But hey, I won't complain if I'm wrong.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Off-dates like the ones being played by NIN this summer are definitely more lucrative for a band.
    It costs as promoter a shitload to book a band one an off date like that than to book a date from a 30-show tour.

Could be that he's doing those shows to set aside some cash for the next tour.
    Could be that he's doing these shows because he's got several kids and (I believe) lives in an area with a pretty high cost of living.

But also your idea. (I guess my point is don't get your hopes up that this is being done to fund a new tour)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Also could be that he wants to perform some of this new material without the stress of touring.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    There are still several festivals that go later & later into the fall. ACL for example announces it's lineup on 5/4, and that festival isn't until October. Every later festival that gets announced with them headlining is a later potential chance for a NIN tour. So now that we know they're doing Riot Fest, we could see a September/October tour for example. Any tour announcement could potentially be held up from being announced until a certain festival (ACL, Voodoo, etc) gets their lineup out there first, as they usually get to put their bands out prior to those bands announcing a tour.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 04-25-2017 at 09:36 AM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I wonder if holding off announcements in anticipation of other announcements really have that much impact on ticket sales.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Are there still rumors of a NIN/QOSTA tour? I know QOSTA is supposedly making an announcement of some sort today.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Riot Fest announced 8 bands performing entire albums at the festival, with 2 TBA. If one of them ends up being NIN, do you think it would be Year Zero or something else?
    If it was an act that was announced, they would have said so. Why are you going to hinder your ticket sales by keeping that information, they already have you interested as it is. Promoters arent stupid, they want your money right now and will give any incentive possible to make you buy. The 2 albums will be from the batch of additions forthcoming.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I wonder if holding off announcements in anticipation of other announcements really have that much impact on ticket sales.
    Considering how many people are holding off on buying festival tickets to see if 1) anything closer to them or 2) a full tour is announced, I would imagine it makes enough of an impact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think most people here forget that there's plenty precedent that NIN announced their tours and then added festivals whenever they were announce. The last example I remember was 2014, when NIN/Soundgarden's tour was announced in mid-March and then Pemberton Festival was added in early April. While I have no idea if there is more coming regarding NIN live 2017, I think there is no reason to believe so other than the hope and believe that putting a band together for three festivals over a span of three weeks seems a lot of effort. I'm still holding out hope for Pemberton again, due tomorrow it seems, as it would make my life much easier, but otherwise I'll go to single day in Chicago. I feel this is a few festivals only, seeing that in the interview when NTAE dropped there was no touring planned, and a few shows is not touring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If anyone is possibly looking to score a 3 day pass for Riot Fest, Concord Music Hall is doing a contest on their official Facebook page.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    This pemberton thing is hilarious; also sounds like they have a 22 year old kid running their official twitter account.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    sounds like they have a 22 year old kid running their official twitter account.
    They're just taking extra time to make it totally perfect fam!

Ugh; I'm so sorry for anyone reliant on that fest due to their geography for this touring cycle since they seem like a circus to deal with.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    They're just taking extra time to make it totally perfect fam!

Ugh; I'm so sorry for anyone reliant on that fest due to their geography for this touring cycle since they seem like a circus to deal with.
    *raises hand*

So sick of these clowns... Even if NIN is on the bill, I'm questioning wanting to give them any money at this point.

Most unorganized festival ever! And the sad thing is? They were TERRIBLY unorganized in 2014 when they brought the festival back from the dead that died in 2008, and nothing has changed in 3 years, In fact, they've gotten worse.

Now they just laugh and giggle and share stupid memes of them "dropping the ball"
    They know they're a joke. They're laughing all the way to the bank at all the suckers that bought pre-sale tickets already.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm sick of those pemby cunts too... it's such a shit show. For a while I wanted NIN to play there cause I'd like to see them in Canada, but now I really hope they are not in the bill cause I don't wanna give those shitheads from pemberton one looney.

Hopefully NIN will come to anotherr festival in Canada... maybe Virgin fest in toronto (if it still exists)?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    I'm sick of those pemby cunts too... it's such a shit show. For a while I wanted NIN to play there cause I'd like to see them in Canada, but now I really hope they are not in the bill cause I don't wanna give those shitheads from pemberton one looney.

Hopefully NIN will come to anotherr festival in Canada... maybe Virgin fest in toronto (if it still exists)?
    I have seen NIN more times in just the city of Toronto (not including nearby shows like Hamilton) than in my home state. I might be down for a Toronto stop.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Is it possible NIN would do ACL?

https://www.aclfestival.com

Or is that festival sort of too hipstery for NIN?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    Is it possible NIN would do ACL?

https://www.aclfestival.com

Or is that festival sort of too hipstery for NIN?
    Well, they recorded a show on ACL, so why not a whole festival? Keeping my fingers crossed for more dates.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    Well, they recorded a show on ACL, so why not a whole festival? Keeping my fingers crossed for more dates.
    Yeah, same here. Near the South is where I'm hoping NIN will be because I can actually make it out there. Are there any more venues NIN could make an appearance at in the South/Texas besides ACL?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Well, Pemberton festival is finally out, and it's soooooo laughably bad! No NIN of course, lol...
    I didn't want to give them any money anyway after the way they strung along their fans anyway.

Worst lineup ever. This festival just shot themselves in the foot.

Now, to jump the gun on Riotfest or wait to see if something else gets announced... Hmmmm......
    Last edited by ManBurning; 04-28-2017 at 12:57 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Now, to jump the gun on Riotfest or wait to see if someone else gets announced... Hmmmm......
    I think ACL, Made In America, and Voodoo are the only festival possibilities left at this point. I'm holding off until June 1st; if no proper tour has been announced by then or TR hasn't given us a heads up, I'm looking at Panorama and Riot.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Can anyone who's gone to RiotFest (or a comparable festival) in the past tell me how long I should wait to buy tickets if I go? I'm trying to decide whether or not to go, but I've already seen the first tier of tickets sell out and I'm wondering how quickly the second tier will sell out as well. I really don't want to have to pay even more than $180 per ticket. And that's another thing; why are there three tiers of ticket prices? What's that all about? I get what the VIP, Super VIP, and Ultra Mega Deluxe VIP are all about, but why are there three tiers??

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    ^^^ It's a scam to try to put fear into you to buy tickets. I think Riot Fest capacity is like 50,000 people. There shouldn't be an issue getting a ticket- maybe even on the secondary market for cheaper- since this isn't a hipster festival like Coachella or Lolla where tickets are pretty much sold out prior to the acts even being announced.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Do single day tickets for Riot Fest become available closer to the date, or are we stuck buying a 3 day pass? I just want to attend Friday and then fly home on Saturday if possible.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Do single day tickets for Riot Fest become available closer to the date, or are we stuck buying a 3 day pass? I just want to attend Friday and then fly home on Saturday if possible.

I was curious about this as well, though I'd like to stick around for QOTSA on Saturday and drive home on Sunday. I have a feeling that buying two single day passes wouldn't save me much money though.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I and a couple others here emailed them and all got told that they'll be available later on.