Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion - SPOILERS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I don't want to do a festival show, but god damn if I did, that would probably be it. Best festival lineup I've seen this year for sure. Hell, if all the bands I like on that list are playing Friday and they do one day passes, I might hop a few busses or see if anyone wants to carpool over to go.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Fuck FYI Fest, and Fuck this magical unicorn of a festival called "Pemberton" that doesn't exist (and is going to be cancelled anyway), I'm going to riot fest!
    I know I said no more trips/airplane rides after June (I really, really hate airplane rides), but I ***NEED*** to see NIN on this run, and this looks like it's going to be my best bet. There are at least 10 other acts on this bill I'd want to see as well! Really good lineup!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    Yeah, they do sell single day tickets, but a lot closer on to the festival dates.

I went to Riot last year, hands down my favorite festival experience thus far... I cannot wait for this.
    Do they sell single day VIP's/deluxe?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Yeah, that lineup is truly incredible. I might have to figure out a way to go both to this and Panorama.

What's everyone thinking the production's going to be like for this run? The spacing between shows is pretty immense but I also have a hard time picturing Trent doing highly fluid setlists for festivals, considering his history with them. For the first time since early 2013 I really don't know what to expect.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by That other guy View Post
    So we got 2 late July shows and 1 mid September one , lots of space in between
    I don't even know what to think anymore as far as proper tour dates goes.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Do they sell single day VIP's/deluxe?
    Oooh. I'm prettttty sure they didn't sell singles for VIP and up, at least last year, but I can't swear to that. Only remember singles for GA. Might want to shoot them an email and just ask if you are that interested, though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I don't even know what to think anymore as far as proper tour dates goes.
    Well, it seems clear this is not a proper festival tour in the vein of Summer, 2013. It may very well be that these few festival dates will be worked into a headlining tour schedule. It's still odd that we're inching closer and closer to Summer, and nothing really significant has been announced, though.
    Last edited by thatguymark; 04-19-2017 at 02:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh man. I know it's not gonna happen, but what if New Order played some Joy Division songs with NIN ala Gary Numan? That would be amazing, not to mention a career highlight for Trent

Edit: Just saw that TV on the Radio and Ministry are on the bill too. That's a lot of NIN history and influences in one weekend
    Last edited by der_wahnsinn; 04-19-2017 at 02:49 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion

Isn't riot fest known for having certain artists play album sets?
    Quote Originally Posted by riotfest;
    There are 25 acts still to be announced in May. Plus, on Thursday, April 20th, organizers will reveal which select artists will be performing their seminal albums in full.
    Year Zero?

Quote Originally Posted by thatguymark View Post
    Well, it seems clear this is not a proper festival tour in the vein of Summer, 2013. It may very well be that these few festival dates will be worked into a headlining tour schedule. It's still odd that we're inching closer and closer to Summer, and nothing really significant has been announced, though.
    NIN typically announce tour dates 3 or 4 months in advance so it's definitely getting late in the game.
    Last edited by somewhat_; 04-19-2017 at 03:31 PM.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    I emailed Riot Fest and they said single-day passes will be available later but wouldn't give a date. Regardless, they'll definitely be on the table for those not wanting the full 3-day.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I emailed Riot Fest and they said single-day passes will be available later but wouldn't give a date. Regardless, they'll definitely be on the table for those not wanting the full 3-day.
    This is what they emailed me: "Single day passes and the by-day lineup will be available closer to the festival dates. Please stay tuned at riotfest.org and our Facebook page for up to date news and announcements. Or, you can subscribe to our newsletter HERE.

PS. I'm not certain if Deluxe VIP will be offered as single-day, but GA and (standard) VIP will.

Cheers,
    RF"

Really hoping deluxe becomes available because it seems like the most likely way to be close without being crushed by thousands of people.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Year Zero?
    Don't tease me.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Don't tease me.
    somewhat_would never tell you anything that wasn't absolutely true that hadn't come right from
    His mouth that He wants somewhat_ to tell you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by der_wahnsinn View Post
    Oh man. I know it's not gonna happen, but what if New Order played some Joy Division songs with NIN ala Gary Numan? That would be amazing, not to mention a career highlight for Trent

Edit: Just saw that TV on the Radio and Ministry are on the bill too. That's a lot of NIN history and influences in one weekend
    Saul Williams, too!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Plot twist: they're gonna play Stephen Morris & Gillian Gilbert remix versions of Zero-Sum and God Given

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Then the great finale: Josh Homme comes to the stage and plays the song that didn't end up on YZ (and Era Vulgaris) with Trent.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    So, what's the drop dead date to give up on proper tour dates? May 1? Sometime in mid May? June 1?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Is this even a thing, that a major band resurfaces with a new lineup, only to play 3-5 festivals and call it a day? I seriously doubt it would be worth the effort. I'm trying to come up with something similar but can only recall Tool doing a single concert (Coachella) in 1999 without even a smallest tour alongside it.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Riot Fest announced 8 bands performing entire albums at the festival, with 2 TBA. If one of them ends up being NIN, do you think it would be Year Zero or something else?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Riot Fest announced 8 bands performing entire albums at the festival, with 2 TBA. If one of them ends up being NIN, do you think it would be Year Zero or something else?
    The Fragile, por favor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Year Zero would make the most sense.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Is this even a thing, that a major band resurfaces with a new lineup, only to play 3-5 festivals and call it a day? I seriously doubt it would be worth the effort. I'm trying to come up with something similar but can only recall Tool doing a single concert (Coachella) in 1999 without even a smallest tour alongside it.
    I'm not really sure if there are other examples, but I recall TR saying something in the past about how the festival shows fund the proper tour- possibly implying that he loses money with the proper dates.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Year Zero would make the most sense.
    Damn, you beat me to it. Here's a link with more TBA: http://riotfest.org/2017/04/album-announce/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If they announce NIN is one of the other two artists and The Fragile is selected as the album played front to back, I will absolutely be heading to Chicago.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    For the midwestern ETS members, I'll shove a spot free for you on the rail.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If NIN is playing an album in full, it's TDS. To suggest any other possibility is ludicrous. Still, fingers crossed for Year Zero! Or Still.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    New York and Los Angeles were the only cities to get TDS live back in 2009 so I can see it happening in Chicago since it got shafted in the Wave Goodbye club shows. Also, TDS is a very heavy album and makes alot of sense for Riot Fest.

Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Is this even a thing, that a major band resurfaces with a new lineup, only to play 3-5 festivals and call it a day?
    Primus had a bad habit of doing this in 2005 and 2008. I love Les Claypool and all but it's clear that he didn't really give a shit at the time.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 04-21-2017 at 05:42 AM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    If they decide to just play NTAE in full, it will be such a letdown.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Looking at the full album performances announced so far they seem to really focus on anniversary albums. Year Zero seems the likeliest of the bunch -- they used art from it to promote the show, it turns ten this year, everybody seems to be talking about it the most out of past NIN records, etc. Trent never seems too hot on the whole "play the entire album in order" way of doing things, but I could see YZ happening.

That said, the thought of them playing nothing but a 21 minute EP as a headlining act is hilarious.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    I'm not really sure if there are other examples, but I recall TR saying something in the past about how the festival shows fund the proper tour- possibly implying that he loses money with the proper dates.
    Off-dates like the ones being played by NIN this summer are definitely more lucrative for a band.
    It costs as promoter a shitload to book a band one an off date like that than to book a date from a 30-show tour.

Could be that he's doing those shows to set aside some cash for the next tour.