Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion - SPOILERS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    Does anyone know how the 3day passes usually work? Are they 3x single day tix or...?

Basically want to know if I should buy the single day or find someone who isn't a NIN fan and buy their Sunday pass.
    Its a wristband, which is how almost every major and established festival does their ticketing. You would have to find somebody that wasnt going sunday, and have them be able to take the wristband off and give it to you. so do you want to go through all that trouble?

Day by Day breakdown for FYf Fest has been released. single day passes onsale friday at noon pst.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Thanks for the info. Going to be a fun ticket buying Friday...

10a - Tool
    12p - NIN

//edit

wow, "Run The Jewels" is fucking fire.
    Last edited by TheRealNs1; 04-05-2017 at 07:31 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    OK, well, it's April, and I'm not sure how many festivals out there have yet to announce their lineups, but in any case, it seems clear the festival performances will be quite limited. The question remains, are these 2 shows to be within a tour of headlining non-festival shows? I sure hope so. It seems like most acts playing summer shows have announced them by now, and it's awfully strange that NIN has announced only 2 performances thus far. There's gotta be more going on, here. Right?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Not really.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguymark View Post
    OK, well, it's April, and I'm not sure how many festivals out there have yet to announce their lineups, but in any case, it seems clear the festival performances will be quite limited. The question remains, are these 2 shows to be within a tour of headlining non-festival shows? I sure hope so. It seems like most acts playing summer shows have announced them by now, and it's awfully strange that NIN has announced only 2 performances thus far. There's gotta be more going on, here. Right?
    Pemberton, which as posted above is coming next week. But time frame wise, its only the ones in the fall that are left, and its just a handful. Life Is Beautiful which is in Vegas, Austin City Limits, The Meadows ( which is in NY, and no way in hell would Panorama let them book NIN after they had em ) and Voodoo which is in New Orleans.

I find it difficult for any of you guys to grasp the idea that Trent just wanted to do these few shows and leave it be. If he had gotten the right offer and was cool with it, thats his decision to make. I dont think there had to be an automatic choice of ''well, Im doing these festivals, and a full tour has to go around it''.

And theres no way in hell the production is gonna be scaled down, considering the stage that will be used at Panorama will be the same one used at Coachella in the next couple weeks, thats far from scaled down.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post

And theres no way in hell the production is gonna be scaled down, considering the stage that will be used at Panorama will be the same one used at Coachella in the next couple weeks, thats far from scaled down.
    Dont know if it's the same stage or not (I'll take your word for it), but that doesn't mean it can't be scaled down to being generic like 2009.

The longer this goes the better the The hopes for an arena or large club tour is. No way in hell Trent puts this together for a couple shows in summer. Even if it's a couple decent pay days a band has to to more than a couple shows to make it worth it (rehearsal, expenses, etc.) My best guess is clauses in festival contracts are prohibiting the release of future dates.

Did i mention i fucking hate festivals, for numerous reasons?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Scaled down from what? Tension / LITS? The 2013 festival setup? Production means buying (or renting) equipment, hiring staff to set it up, holding full scale rehearsals to ensure everything works properly (including the setup / tear down speed of everything), and scheduling - which can be one of the biggest sticking points at a festival. The physical size of the stage, while certainly relevant, is far from the primary component in deciding what you're going to do in terms of visuals.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Its a wristband, which is how almost every major and established festival does their ticketing. You would have to find somebody that wasnt going sunday, and have them be able to take the wristband off and give it to you. so do you want to go through all that trouble?
    Assuming fans don't receive their wristbands the same way that production staff do, this isn't a problem at all. Zipties are your friends. Instead of putting it on and tightening it so much that you can't remove it without cutting it (which is the designed purpose of them), use a ziptie to tighten it up. End of the night, snip the tie and slide it right off. There is nothing more annoying than working an 18 hour day and then having to shower without being able to take off your fucking wristband, but ours are often forced on by event staff and tightened to a point where you can't remove them (and yes, they've redesigned them so that all previous methods of defeating the clasp are no longer possible).

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    That Sunday FYF Fest is fucking laughable. Only acts that I'm into are RtJ & Hannibal, and he does stand-up! Guess I won't be flying out to visit my close friend in LA that weekend.

Now if they somehow could have had Bjork & NIN on the same day but staggered their sets....THAT would be super cool.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    That Sunday FYF Fest is fucking laughable. Only acts that I'm into are RtJ & Hannibal, and he does stand-up! Guess I won't be flying out to visit my close friend in LA that weekend.

Now if they somehow could have had Bjork & NIN on the same day but staggered their sets....THAT would be super cool.
    There's only 3 bands on the entire bill I cared about (NIN, The Faint and TR/ST) and 2/3 fall on Sunday, so that's enough for me. However, I'm (impatiently) waiting on Pemberton to drop their damn lineup already to see if NIN is on it, because it'll save me a shit tone of money to go there then fly down to LA. But if NIN aren't at Pemberton, I'm very strongly considering attending FYF on Sunday. Even though I know I shouldn't... I have too many expenses this summer as it is, but... this NIN lineup and EP is too killer to pass up... This show is gonna be awesome, I can already sense it.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    NIN, RTJ, Hannibal, and Iggy Pop are all artists I would (and have) paid to see on their own. I'd say that's a pretty solid fucking lineup to me. I dropped around $150 for just a Sunday ticket to Panorama and that only has NIN and A Tribe Called Quest I'm interested in seeing, and I probably wouldn't pay to see a Tribe headlining show.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    NIN, Iggy Pop, Run the Jewels, TR/ST and Hannibal all on one day sounds great to me.

That said, just looking at the cost of travel and tickets, I'm thinking Panorama is gonna end up being where I land unless if a proper headlining tour is announced soon. I'm getting ready for the idea that this'll be it and I know that if I went to the FYF Fest, I'd be way too tempted to get a Saturday pass along with it to see Frank Ocean (whereas he's on Friday at Pan making it fine to skip since the flight I'm eyeing won't even depart until the day after). New York's high on my list of places I want to travel to sometime and I know that it's not a place you can get everything out of in one week, let alone just a couple of days, but are there any must-visit things people could recommend outside of the obvious touristy bullshit? I'd especially be interested in art-oriented recommendations.

Also, how big a difference are VIP tickets from standard? Is the "VIP viewing area" remotely worthwhile?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    There's only 3 bands on the entire bill I cared about (NIN, The Faint and TR/ST) and 2/3 fall on Sunday, so that's enough for me. However, I'm (impatiently) waiting on Pemberton to drop their damn lineup already to see if NIN is on it, because it'll save me a shit tone of money to go there then fly down to LA. But if NIN aren't at Pemberton, I'm very strongly considering attending FYF on Sunday. Even though I know I shouldn't... I have too many expenses this summer as it is, but... this NIN lineup and EP is too killer to pass up... This show is gonna be awesome, I can already sense it.
    You and me? We're in this together, pal. I'm sooooo torn, I live in BC so Pemby would save me a lot of dough, but I almost hope they don't make it so I can see Bjork & Iggy again. If NIN are the only act on Pemby I care about, might just do FYF anyway. I need that line-up to drop so I can have guidance and focus.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperNINtendo Chalmers View Post
    You and me? We're in this together, pal. I'm sooooo torn, I live in BC so Pemby would save me a lot of dough, but I almost hope they don't make it so I can see Bjork & Iggy again. If NIN are the only act on Pemby I care about, might just do FYF anyway. I need that line-up to drop so I can have guidance and focus.
    I KNOW!!! And so much for booking a Hotel in Whistler now, they're like $500 a night now... No way I'm doing camping this year. Camped at this festival twice, and it was a shit show both times. Wanted to get a hotel in Whistler village this time around, but so much for that... prices are jacked through the roof thanks to those clowns who run Pemberton.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    NIN, Iggy Pop, Run the Jewels, TR/ST and Hannibal all on one day sounds great to me.

That said, just looking at the cost of travel and tickets, I'm thinking Panorama is gonna end up being where I land unless if a proper headlining tour is announced soon. I'm getting ready for the idea that this'll be it and I know that if I went to the FYF Fest, I'd be way too tempted to get a Saturday pass along with it to see Frank Ocean (whereas he's on Friday at Pan making it fine to skip since the flight I'm eyeing won't even depart until the day after). New York's high on my list of places I want to travel to sometime and I know that it's not a place you can get everything out of in one week, let alone just a couple of days, but are there any must-visit things people could recommend outside of the obvious touristy bullshit? I'd especially be interested in art-oriented recommendations.
    I listed a ton of stuff to do in NYC in the Tour Journal thread or whatever for that show.

I feel like there will be some combo of the artists playing at the same time btwn Iggy, RtJ & Hannibal. So buyer beware on that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm torn on whether or not to try for single day tix for FYF Fest. I checked the FAQ and it's $142(charges included) and there are no other bands I wanna see other than NIN, I'd be going by myself and I imagine it may be difficult getting close to the stage. I thought the last EP was good but it didn't blow me away and is probably my least favorite thing he's released as NIN. I'd go in a heartbeat if it was at any sort of arena, amphitheater or club though. On the other hand, how could I pass up seeing my favorite band an hour from my house with no other tour dates announced in my area? I skipped out on Coachella in 05 but I already had tickets for the club tour that started a few weeks later. What should I do?!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    What should I do?!
    be a sucker like me and buy tickets at 12p.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've been refreshing the ticket page for 5 minutes and the option to even purchase the single day tix never even showed up. It still says 3 day pass and merch. Did they really go that quick?

Edit: I guess they did. I guess it wasn't meant to be. Here's hoping to a tour or at least a proper show in SoCal soon.
    Last edited by guy8707; 04-07-2017 at 02:24 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by guy8707 View Post
    I've been refreshing the ticket page for 5 minutes and the option to even purchase the single day tix never even showed up. It still says 3 day pass and merch. Did they really go that quick?

Edit: I guess they did. I guess it wasn't meant to be. Here's hoping to a tour or at least a proper show in SoCal soon.
    I randomly tried to buy a ticket again 30 minutes after on sale and got one! It looks like Saturday the most popular day.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by guy8707 View Post
    I'm torn on whether or not to try for single day tix for FYF Fest. I checked the FAQ and it's $142(charges included) and there are no other bands I wanna see other than NIN, I'd be going by myself and I imagine it may be difficult getting close to the stage. I thought the last EP was good but it didn't blow me away and is probably my least favorite thing he's released as NIN. I'd go in a heartbeat if it was at any sort of arena, amphitheater or club though. On the other hand, how could I pass up seeing my favorite band an hour from my house with no other tour dates announced in my area? I skipped out on Coachella in 05 but I already had tickets for the club tour that started a few weeks later. What should I do?!

Theres a payment plan. You can split up the price of the ticket. When you are entering your payment information, theres is a box that says "ez pay". Itll make buying that much easier.

and sunday single days are still available. There was a glitch but it go fixed, so buy it while you can. And again, choose the payment plan.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I'd sure like that goddamn Pemberton Lineup to drop to see if NIN is on there anyday now so I still have a shot at buying a single FYF Sunday ticket before they sell out...
    urgh...

Surprised Friday is cheaper than Sat/Sun.

If Pemberton isn't out by mid week next week and tickets are still available for Sunday, I think i'll just pull the trigger and go to FYF.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Wow, Saturday sold out in seconds but Fri/Sun still have tix. Fri/Sun were the only ones I was interested in - damn I'm clearly old and not the target market.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I just want Trent to do a proper tour before WWIII starts. One more time around before the end of the world. (yes I'm exaggerating, but goddamn if it's not a possibility)

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    Wow, Saturday sold out in seconds but Fri/Sun still have tix. Fri/Sun were the only ones I was interested in - damn I'm clearly old and not the target market.
    Is Frank Ocean really that big of a deal? I've barely heard any of his stuff, not that impressed with the stuff that did make it through my ears...

EDIT: also helps being a Saturday. People have work and shit on Friday/Sunday. Yes, I'm now making excuses. :P

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    @Krazy Frank Ocean is extremely amazing and manages to capture both the artsier crowd and more general audience which gives him a wide range of appeal. Couple that with his infamously reclusive lifestyle and having what was considered one of last year's best albums and you end up having a really solid headliner to add to your bill.

That said he's the only act that makes that Saturday lineup interesting to me. Sunday's is monstrous for me.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Also, Ocean is an LA dude and that Calvin Harris song he's on atm is huge, so that accounts for the sell out too.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Also, Ocean is an LA dude and that Calvin Harris song he's on atm is huge, so that accounts for the sell out too.
    Trent is also an LA dude.
    And all 5 of those songs, where he's yelling on that new EP, that's a smash hit on ETS are huuuge right now.

EDIT: I haven't listened to that EP in a while, just looking at the titles of those songs reminds me how rockin' they are.
    Damn, Must...see....these....songs....live!!!!
    Last edited by ManBurning; 04-08-2017 at 02:42 AM.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    why isn't there a topic in 'upcoming nin shows' were all you fyf fest lovers can chat about that festival? so this tread can be use for an overall tour discussion... @TheBang
    Last edited by witte; 04-08-2017 at 04:50 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Pemberton and riot fest lineups next week. Wouldn't be surprised if they are playing both.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Pemberton and riot fest lineups next week. Wouldn't be surprised if they are playing both.
    Who even know what's going on with Pemberton anymore. They promised the lineup 2 weeks ago, I'm done with that shitty unorganized group of clowns. Worst promoters ever. They dick their fans around and keep them in the dark for weeks. For all we know it's another 3 weeks til the lineup. They don't have their shit together, and they never will. They've been getting worse and worse every year. When they festival made a comeback in 2014, they said The lineup was coming at end of March and then they did a 10 day countdown to.... NOTHING.... and then 2 days later they were like "oops, we dun fucked up. Sorry guys. We'll do it tomorrow instead" and then tomorrow once again, they dropped the ball.

They have the worst social media and public relations skills on the planet. I am so fed up with the way this festival is run. I'm tired of the games they play.