Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Fragile Extended Playlists

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by astfgyl View Post
    I have a seamless version done here it was surprisingly easy and it sounds definitive to me. I'm sure if anybody wanted it etc..

On a related note, i've been trying to get appendage to fit on the end of please and I'm really close to getting something satisfying happening there.
    Hey just saw this after all this time - any luck with appendage?

PM me in regards to your definitive Ripe (With Decay) version if you wouldn't mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, that intro kicks ass. That may be the first time I actually liked The New Flesh. Cant seem to DL i though
    Last edited by azad_ninja; 11-02-2017 at 12:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry I'm so late to the game.
    This work is amazing. By far the best I've ever heard.
    Thanks for all the effort this must have taken. You could have a career in this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Could I please get a pm of this mix? Thank you in advance!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Ten months later, I still receive PM requests for the download links. You have no idea how happy this makes me, ETS.

I believe I have filled every single request so far (let me know if I have forgotten any!). Feel free to ask anything!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I would also like a PM of the mix. It's awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Ten months later, I still receive PM requests for the download links. You have no idea how happy this makes me, ETS.

I believe I have filled every single request so far (let me know if I have forgotten any!). Feel free to ask anything!
    I combined the two covers to create a cover for "So Many directions"
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by ski-bum; 11-12-2017 at 02:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

May I request the download link for your creation? I would be most appreciative.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I found interesting that Reznor once said that he thought it might have been a good idea to release The Fragile as two different albums, just like Radiohead did with Kid A and Amnesiac. So I made two playlist with songs from the Fragile era trying to develope two different concepts on each one. Hope you like them.

- 'Back To The Bottom' (This one might be a more traditional NIN album, the concept would be kind of a Downward Spiral sequel).

1. Somewhat Damaged
    2. Even Deeper
    3. Please
    4. No, You Don't
    5. Where Is Everybody?
    6. Just Like You Imagined
    7. The Frail
    8. The Wretched
    9. Starfuckers, Inc.
    10. Feeders
    11. The Way Out Is Through
    12. The Big Come Down
    13. The New Flesh
    14. Ripe (With Decay)

- 'And All That Could Have Been' (This one would be a little more cinematic and the idea is to develope the story that was hinted at the giant screens during the middle portion of the Fragility 2.0 shows).

1. Into The Void
    2. We're In This Together
    3. The Fragile
    4. 10 Miles High
    5. Underneath It All
    6. La Mer
    7. The Great Below
    8. The Mark Has Been Made
    9. I'm Looking Forward to Joining You, Finally
    10. Adrift And At Peace
    11. Gone, Still
    12. The Day The World Went Away
    13. And All That Could Have Been
    14. Leaving Hope

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    I found interesting that Reznor once said that he thought it might have been a good idea to release The Fragile as two different albums, just like Radiohead did with Kid A and Amnesiac. So I made two playlist with songs from the Fragile era trying to develope two different concepts on each one. Hope you like them.

- 'Back To The Bottom' (This one might be a more traditional NIN album, the concept would be kind of a Downward Spiral sequel).

1. Somewhat Damaged
    2. Even Deeper
    3. Please
    4. No, You Don't
    5. Where Is Everybody?
    6. Just Like You Imagined
    7. The Frail
    8. The Wretched
    9. Starfuckers, Inc.
    10. Feeders
    11. The Way Out Is Through
    12. The Big Come Down
    13. The New Flesh
    14. Ripe (With Decay)

- 'And All That Could Have Been' (This one would be a little more cinematic and the idea is to develope the story that was hinted at the giant screens during the middle portion of the Fragility 2.0 shows).

1. Into The Void
    2. We're In This Together
    3. The Fragile
    4. 10 Miles High
    5. Underneath It All
    6. La Mer
    7. The Great Below
    8. The Mark Has Been Made
    9. I'm Looking Forward to Joining You, Finally
    10. Adrift And At Peace
    11. Gone, Still
    12. The Day The World Went Away
    13. And All That Could Have Been
    14. Leaving Hope
    Might consider trying these orders soon. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi wizfan

I'd like to request the link too. Great job with the mix, I enjoyed some of the interesting segues you did

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    OK, I've replied to all PM's so far. Whoa... this thing has been a massive success. Some people are literally signing up on the forum just so they can thank me and ask for download links! Incredible. I'm so happy that everyone finds my Fragile potpourri delicious

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    OK, I've replied to all PM's so far. Whoa... this thing has been a massive success. Some people are literally signing up on the forum just so they can thank me and ask for download links! Incredible. I'm so happy that everyone finds my Fragile potpourri delicious
    Dropping the Fragile Commercial Vocal track at end of The Way Out Is Through is one of my favorite moments on this compilation! Thank you for doing this!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I made one of those "Super Duper Fragile Era" type things, where I basically squeezed every drop I could out of it. I told somebody on here I would post it when I was done. Wizfans' trip around the era inspired me and I used some of his ideas too but I went in a more conventional direction to try make it feel like it is the same album. Have been listening to this a good bit myself and have dropbox links if anybody likes. Each of the 4 discs as a single mp3 because of fades and things. Did a 10 min version of TDTWWWA using 3 versions which is probably my favourite of the whole lot. will upload that on its own as well if anyone wants that but i basically extended everything as much as I could. Made the wretched around 10 mins long as well. Used remix of Starfuckers as a coda to original and it really works well IMO
    First disc tracklist is: Somewhat Damaged (extended), TDTWWWA (extended), The Frail, The Persistence of Loss, The Wretched (extended), The Great Collapse, Missing Places, We're in This Together, Adrift and at Peace, The Fragile (extended) if that gets anybody interested.

I put a good bit of somebody elses' work into this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by valiantsteed View Post
    Hey just saw this after all this time - any luck with appendage?

PM me in regards to your definitive Ripe (With Decay) version if you wouldn't mind.
    I have appendage on the end of please as best I could and I will PM you the Ripe (With Decay) too. I've been away from the internet for months and completely forgot about this

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    A little bump just to say I have this in my dropbox split up as FLAC if anybody wants to check it out. A few people have requested it as such. PM if any interest.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Not a super-ultra-ultimate Fragile but I guess this is the most appropriate thread :

I tried to re-organize The Fragile and Still as an album about grieving (only that), to form some kind of a healing process, not picking up the pieces and smashing them.
    So tell me what you think, does it flow well ? There is a narrative, more or less based on my interpretation of the album, and of course what Trent went through at the time.

1. The Day The World Went Away
    2. Underneath It All
    3. The Persistence Of Loss
    4. Leaving Hope
    5. La Mer
    6. The Great Below
    7. The Way Out Is Through
    8. I'm Looking Forward To Joining You, Finally
    9. Adrift & At Peace
    10. Gone, Still
    11. The Day The World Went Away (Still)

TDTWWA is kind of the anger, ambivalence, confusion of the immediate aftermath and events. UIA is a continuation of that, the weeks after, maybe. TPOL too, on a longer timeframe. A very direct evolution. Then we have La Mer, beginning of a kind of catharsis with the next two tracks. The pain remains but it is maybe the beginning of acceptance, or repression of the events ? TGB is a failure, the waves of pain, suffering won't stop coming. Then, The Way Out Is Through. A solution is found, at last, a way to go through. ILFTJYF seals it. A&AP is the years after, when everything is brighter. But GS is remembrance, knowing you didn't really accept it, that maybe there is need to really confront it with the hindsight you know have. And TDTWWA (Still version) is the final bringer of peace, at last. Reinterpreting how the events took place, what accepting them really is, and living with the right memories.

Heavy stuff but it cements my appreciation of both those albums.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've made a new tracklist for the fragile deviations because i dont really listen to it all as a whole and i think this really helps. ive made this as a story based on the song titles. hope someone will enjoy!

the day the world went away
    hello everything is not okay
    please
    la mer
    the march
    into the void
    pilgrimage
    missing pieces
    we’re in this together
    the way out is through
    just like you imagined
    the fragile