Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 792

Thread: NIN Spotting 2017

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    2,289
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Ripfork rips on everything Pitchfork does, so they could not resist bringing this up:
    https://twitter.com/Ripfork/status/819961599683416069
    And the follow-up:
    https://twitter.com/Ripfork/status/819963302268829696
    The numbers Pitchfork presented in 1999 were just alternative facts. Everyone else knew the real truth.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,842
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    https://www.facebook.com/chrisvrenna...type=3&theater

    Tenuous spotting, but Vrenna is scoring the new Quake game. Another Quake with a NIN music connection

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ayrshire
    Posts
    225
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    this showed up in my fb feed



  4. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    228
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Not sure if this belongs here but according to a reddit user, the NIN 2014 Brazil performance will be broadcast on tv this Sunday (or at least highlights of it):

    https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...f5&sh=2763c213

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,017
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    Not sure if this belongs here but according to a reddit user, the NIN 2014 Brazil performance will be broadcast on tv this Sunday (or at least highlights of it):

    https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...f5&sh=2763c213
    1. It's MTV Live, not MTVLAND
    2. This has been broadcast before.
    3. It's only Head Like a Hole.
    4. The whole NIN performance is already available as an HD digital cable broadcast rip.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,632
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    So, here's a good one!...

    My GF was on her morning drive to work, and listening to local radio station 102.1 FM. They apparently have some segment of the talk show regarding "things you didn't know" (or something to that effect) and one subject was Trent. It went something like "Trent Reznor was an award winning florist". Anyone hear about this before? Neither did I!

    My best guess is they have their people mixed up (used to be a decent alt rock station, now plays "indie" crap by people who look like millennial hobos- with music that is even worse) and it's probably someone other than TR.

    If nothing else this post should contribute well to the NIN/TR photoshop thread.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    7,358
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    So, here's a good one!...

    My GF was on her morning drive to work, and listening to local radio station 102.1 FM. They apparently have some segment of the talk show regarding "things you didn't know" (or something to that effect) and one subject was Trent. It went something like "Trent Reznor was an award winning florist". Anyone hear about this before? Neither did I!

    My best guess is they have their people mixed up (used to be a decent alt rock station, now plays "indie" crap by people who look like millennial hobos- with music that is even worse) and it's probably someone other than TR.

    If nothing else this post should contribute well to the NIN/TR photoshop thread.
    Trent Reznor: got a green thumb and won a Grammy.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Posts
    335
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    If nothing else this post should contribute well to the NIN/TR photoshop thread.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Annie Clark at NAMM2017, Very cool woman:

    At about 3:50 she says she's bought some hardware from trent, and that she loves NIN.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    dutch mountains
    Posts
    1,404
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    she is awesome. exploring the limits. not as usual as the rest of the garbage in music world.
    Last edited by witte; 02-04-2017 at 11:42 AM.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,444
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Former-NIN-Collaborator spotting: John Fryer, one of the producers on PHM, is still doing stuff
    http://regenmag.com/news/john-fryer-...-noise-single/

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    2,199
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Former-NIN-Collaborator spotting: John Fryer, one of the producers on PHM, is still doing stuff
    http://regenmag.com/news/john-fryer-...-noise-single/
    John Fryer is probably one of the main reasons I love Gravity Kills' self titled debut and Stabbing Westward's Ungod and Wither Blister Burn + Peel. Without him, their sounds were just never the same. Been trying to find more albums he worked on.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,444
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    John Fryer is probably one of the main reasons I love Gravity Kills' self titled debut and Stabbing Westward's Ungod and Wither Blister Burn + Peel. Without him, their sounds were just never the same. Been trying to find more albums he worked on.
    Wait... that was him? Holy shit, I love all the three albums you mentioned but never looked up the credits. Seriously. LET'S HEAR IT FOR JOHN FRYER, WOO! HE'S GOOD!

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    2,199
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Wait... that was him? Holy shit, I love all the three albums you mentioned but never looked up the credits. Seriously. LET'S HEAR IT FOR JOHN FRYER, WOO! HE'S GOOD!
    Yup...

    Gravity Kills - Gravity Kills
    Producer [Additional], Mixed By – John Fryer
    http://www.discogs.com/Gravity-Kills...release/143820

    Stabbing Westward - Ungod
    Producer, Engineer – John Fryer
    https://www.discogs.com/Stabbing-Wes...release/188264

    Stabbing Westward - Wither Blister Burn + Peel
    Producer, Engineer – John Fryer
    https://www.discogs.com/Stabbing-Wes...release/188261

    Sadly, these bands' follow up albums just never captured the type of sound I enjoyed from the albums listed above. I imagine Fryer had some part in it.
    Last edited by neorev; 02-04-2017 at 12:51 PM.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,818
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    How common is the surname Reznor because there is a Banksy style grafitti artist called that in New Orleans?
    http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orlea...d834cc3d7.html

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    729
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    How common is the surname Reznor because there is a Banksy style grafitti artist called that in New Orleans?
    http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orlea...d834cc3d7.html
    Banksy is far more creative than someone writing "Reznor" on random shit. Its probably just some fanboys with too much time on their hands.
    Also, this isn't a nin spotting because it doesn't mention nin anywhere. This is below posting HVAC pics imo.

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    1,983
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Schema View Post
    Annie Clark at NAMM2017, Very cool woman:

    At about 3:50 she says she's bought some hardware from trent, and that she loves NIN.
    "I love the Nine Inch Nails!"

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,632
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post

    Definitely not a common last name, although I'm sure there's probably a site out on the Internet with stats for things like that.

    Not sure why you're getting poop flung in your direction for posting this either. Definitely deserves some sort of "spotting".

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2,083
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    I'd fling poop for the unwarranted comparison to Banksy. Writing your name in big letters is an achievement when you're three.

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    973
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I thought I read recently that the graffiti guy named himself after the Mario character, which is named after our boy T. So it's technically a spotting.

  21. #81
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,973
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Consequence Of Sound lists Year Zero at #35 on its list of the top 50 albums of 2007:
    http://consequenceofsound.net/2017/0...ums-of-2007/5/

    After a six-year absence between The Fragile and With Teeth, Nine Inch Nails fans saw a much quicker turnaround from a healthier Trent Reznor on Year Zero. A departure in many ways from previous NIN recordings, the concept record found Reznor, who had forged a career out of baring his own bruises, turning outwards as a songwriter. Frustrated by the state of government, he envisioned a dystopian America set in 2022, and the album’s collage-like songs borrow from different perspectives to depict that bleak reality. At the time, Year Zero marked Reznor’s most ambitious project (it had its own video game) by far, and given the state of greed and dishonesty in our current government, it may horrifically turn out to be his most prescient. –Matt Melis

    Last Seen: Reznor dropped a new NIN EP, Not the Actual Events, two days before Christmas. Also of note, it marks the first appearance of collaborator Atticus Ross as part of the band.

  22. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    252
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Spotting at 01:56 yay drive safely everyone.


  23. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    156
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Where is Everybody" played at NBA: GS vs MEMPHIS at 3rd period at around 4 minutes remaining in the game. So cool to hear that especially during the game running.

  24. #84
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,973
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    1:42:38

  25. #85
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,497
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)

  26. #86
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    973
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Ripfork rips on everything Pitchfork does, so they could not resist bringing this up:
    https://twitter.com/Ripfork/status/819961599683416069
    And the follow-up:
    https://twitter.com/Ripfork/status/819963302268829696
    I'm no fan of Pitchfork but to dedicate a whole twitter account to teasing them badly is extremely fucking lame

  27. #87
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    58
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    I'm no fan of Pitchfork but to dedicate a whole twitter account to teasing them badly is extremely fucking lame
    No.

  28. #88
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    70
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    9:40

  29. #89
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,497
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-12-2017 at 10:10 PM.

  30. #90
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    4,486
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    @Kris

    Nice NINtendo, i found this:


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions