Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vietnam War (2017)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    £45 for pre order from Banquet ... tempting but do I want to instead order from sandbag and get another discount code when they fuck up ...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Is the Yo-Yo Ma stuff being released too? I would imagine that his and TRAR's contributions are completely separate.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wouldn't it be great it TR/AR did an in-store appearance at Amoeba Hollywood to promote this. Wishful thinking!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by psus2h View Post
    Wouldn't it be great it TR/AR did an in-store appearance at Amoeba Hollywood to promote this. Wishful thinking!

I just want to be able to pre-order it!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    It's a bit cheaper on Norman Records if anyone's still price pinching https://www.normanrecords.com/record...original-score

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Aaaand there's an Amazon UK link for those of us who want simple packaging with free shipping http://amzn.to/2eEYHYG

So it's all just UK stores so far, which is .. interesting for a documentary that is SO American

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Aaaand there's an Amazon UK link for those of us who want simple packaging with free shipping http://amzn.to/2eEYHYG

So it's all just UK stores so far, which is .. interesting for a documentary that is SO American
    Well, hopefully nobody in America (or anywhere outside the UK) buys from a UK distributor, since you guys couldn't pack a vinyl record properly if your lives depended on it..

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Well, hopefully nobody in America (or anywhere outside the UK) buys from a UK distributor, since you guys couldn't pack a vinyl record properly if your lives depended on it..
    ..?
    Have you ever bought from Amazon UK? Their overpackaging of vinyl is a legit joke, I've had records inside a series of three mailers

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Amazon US finally fixed the art for the soundtrack (it previously showed the score's art) and added a listing for the score, but right now it only has the MP3 version available to pre-order.

The Vietnam War (Original Score) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075B2DVGJ..._aZESzbPBJENB1

Last edited by kargath; 09-07-2017 at 08:10 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    Amazon US finally fixed the art for the soundtrack (it previously showed the score's art) and added a listing for the score, but right now it only has the MP3 version available to pre-order.

The Vietnam War (Original Score) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075B2DVGJ..._aZESzbPBJENB1

With only 7 days left until the official release date, can we pre-order this thing already? Is shitbag causing another problem?
    I desperately want both vinyl and CDs on my hands, at least on the release date.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    With only 7 days left until the official release date, can we pre-order this thing already? Is shitbag causing another problem?
    I desperately want both vinyl and CDs on my hands, at least on the release date.
    This would have nothing do with Sandbag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    i went to a barnes & noble on the release date for before the flood last year. as is now obvious, that didn't go so well. i at least got a kick out of the angry middle aged man working there alone bizarrely repeating back the title to me but continually mispronouncing "flood" (like food with an L) and then getting highly defensive when he thought i suggested he didn't know the word.

i thought as consolation at least i would eventually get the film on blu-ray, but alas that was not to be either. we see here the difference between PBS and natgeo.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    This would have nothing do with Sandbag
    I hope so, but I do want to use that 20% discount code before they're done with sandbag.
    That's why I'm wondering if moving to another vendor is causing further delay, along with the fact that TR mentioned 'amazon is not an option right now'.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Yo, 30-second samples are up. Hover over the track number.

EDIT: "What Comes Back" is straight up Fragile-era
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 09-08-2017 at 09:16 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    vinyl is available for pre-order on amazon.ca ... for CDN$ 84.18

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    vinyl is available for pre-order on amazon.ca ... for CDN$ 84.18
    i ended up ordering on amazon.co.uk because even with shipping it was only...$51.22 US, which is probably less than a 3xLP would be (with shipping) if i could actually order it from the nin.com store (and this way it'll probably get to me in better shape )

edit: and here's the link, because i forgot that it's listed as "untitled" (real helpful, guys). also, apparently, the price went up since i ordered it yesterday? sorry https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B074WT9K76/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 09-09-2017 at 02:02 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Ordered the CD of this from Beggars Banquet records, I actually paid for it too so fingers crossed it actually exists

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Ordered the CD of this from Beggars Banquet records, I actually paid for it too so fingers crossed it actually exists
    Link?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Bull Moose has a link up I think. No image attached and the artist is missing, but it is a 3xLP...

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/25708368/the-vietnam-war-a-film-by-ken-burns-lynn-novick-original-score-3-lp
    Last edited by Arcspiral; 09-10-2017 at 09:28 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcspiral View Post
    Bull Moose has a link up I think. No image attached and the artist is missing, but it is a 3xLP...

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/25708368/the-vietnam-war-a-film-by-ken-burns-lynn-novick-original-score-3-lp

not sure what bull moose's shipping is like but if it costs more than a few bucks, i still lucked out on amazon.co.uk. however, now that the price has gone up on there, bull moose is a better option.

it's really confusing that this is available to order from so many sources (including multiple amazon sites) but NOT amazon.com

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    not sure what bull moose's shipping is like but if it costs more than a few bucks, i still lucked out on amazon.co.uk. however, now that the price has gone up on there, bull moose is a better option.

it's really confusing that this is available to order from so many sources (including multiple amazon sites) but NOT amazon.com
    Shipping is free in the Continental USA if the order is over $30. Just placed my order. It cost me just under $49.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    https://www.amazon.com/Vietnam-War-B...war+soundtrack

It's been available for much less on Amazon US for awhile now. I pre-ordered mine weeks ago when it was still only $13.99, lol

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    https://www.amazon.com/Vietnam-War-B...war+soundtrack

It's been available for much less on Amazon US for awhile now. I pre-ordered mine weeks ago when it was still only $13.99, lol
    That's the soundtrack with all the 'songs from the era' as opposed to the score. Not really interested in that

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    That's the soundtrack with all the 'songs from the era' as opposed to the score. Not really interested in that
    Whoa, good catch. That's weird. The album art photo is for the TR-AR score, and when I pre-ordered it several weeks ago, the listing was for the score, complete with the track titles.

I am e-mailing Amazon now to confirm this isn't the various artists one..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    PBS has a 30 minute preview of the miniseries on right now.

Talking about out the score and how they picked TR-AR. Brief interview with them too.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Whoa, good catch. That's weird. The album art photo is for the TR-AR score, and when I pre-ordered it several weeks ago, the listing was for the score, complete with the track titles.

I am e-mailing Amazon now to confirm this isn't the various artists one..
    I've been following that listing and while it's always had the incorrect art, it has always described the soundtrack, including the songs.

There's another listing for the score that is only for the mp3s that I linked to earlier.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I just got an update on my order from Banquet Records (the CDs) saying my pre order is awaiting dispatch. I'm excited, can't wait to hear this.

(I have to admit, when I read 'your order has an update' as the email subject my heart sank assuming there had been some delay or something, but no)
    Last edited by WorzelG; 09-11-2017 at 06:50 AM.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    I've been following that listing and while it's always had the incorrect art, it has always described the soundtrack, including the songs.

There's another listing for the score that is only for the mp3s that I linked to earlier.
    It hasn't always described the soundtrack though.

When I got the e-mail update from Amazon back on Aug. 7, I went right to the website and saw it listed for $13.99, but with no vinyl format pre-order. I checked the listing at the time: it was 17 tracks credited to Trent and Atticus and over 90 minutes of music. I never would have bought a soundtrack that had 70s songs on it, and made sure it wasn't that version before pre-ordering. It wasn't until WorzelG pointed out a yesterday that it was the 70s soundtrack listed with the incorrect cover art that I noticed it had been changed from what it was originally listed at.

Now the listing has been changed again to show the correct cover art. But it doesn't really matter to me, because an Amazon customer service rep e-mailed me this morning assuring me that the pre-order I placed was for the Trent and Atticus score, and that I'll still be getting it for $13.99. Works for me.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    It hasn't always described the soundtrack though.

When I got the e-mail update from Amazon back on Aug. 7, I went right to the website and saw it listed for $13.99, but with no vinyl format pre-order. I checked the listing at the time: it was 17 tracks credited to Trent and Atticus and over 90 minutes of music. I never would have bought a soundtrack that had 70s songs on it, and made sure it wasn't that version before pre-ordering. It wasn't until WorzelG pointed out a yesterday that it was the 70s soundtrack listed with the incorrect cover art that I noticed it had been changed from what it was originally listed at.

Now the listing has been changed again to show the correct cover art. But it doesn't really matter to me, because an Amazon customer service rep e-mailed me this morning assuring me that the pre-order I placed was for the Trent and Atticus score, and that I'll still be getting it for $13.99. Works for me.
    Can you please get confirmation on the product number and let us know what it is?

Your email confirmation of the order should also state that it was the score, I'd think.

From what I've seen, this entry always had "soundtrack" in the title. You must have really been in there early if it had anything else. Immediately following the nin.com entry, my first look was on Amazon and never saw a score listing.

I'm a bit leery believing that an Amazon agent would really know the difference here...