Quote Originally Posted by HurtinMinorKey View Post
I'm finally listening to it for the first time. I held out for as long as I could, because I wanted to see the show first, but I haven't been able to manage it. Also, FWIW, I was pretty upset that TR/AR was involved in Patriots Day, so I decided I wasn't going to listen or purchase that soundtrack.

All that BS aside, I'm really liking this. It reminds me a lot of GWTDT but with less atmospherics and more aggression.
I'm surprised at the 'more aggression' comment. I've found it one of the more ambient works personally. More background music-y than the multitude of full on guitar tracks on TGWTDT, but then there are a lot of songs on that album. Both TVW and PD are still getting pretty heavy rotation at mine, and PD is now nearly a year old (based on the FYC that circulated round these parts). Probably prefer PT of the two, as it was relatively concise and as a result I don't find the need to skip any of it. But Before Dawn is the highlight of the CD for me, quite eerie, dark and orchestral.