Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vietnam War (2017)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Is it the same site as the other codes? Maybe it's not active yet for some reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Is it the same site as the other codes? Maybe it's not active yet for some reason.
    Yes it is the same site I think. That's my thinking as well, I've emailed support anyway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dtuck90 View Post
    Yes it is the same site I think. That's my thinking as well, I've emailed support anyway
    Yep, my code inside the vinyl was invalid. I got a reply with a new working code from them after about 8 hours. You can download only one of: MP3, FLAC or WAV. I downloaded the WAV, which was 24-48, although it didn't specify in advance - I assume the FLAC is too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idoru View Post
    Yep, my code inside the vinyl was invalid. I got a reply with a new working code from them after about 8 hours. You can download only one of: MP3, FLAC or WAV. I downloaded the WAV, which was 24-48, although it didn't specify in advance - I assume the FLAC is too.
    Excellent, they are closed at weekends so I expect I'll get a reply tomorrow

i see that this is Null 06. Since Before the Flood was Null 04 I'm assuming 05 will be Patriots Day when that's released?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dtuck90 View Post
    Excellent, they are closed at weekends so I expect I'll get a reply tomorrow

i see that this is Null 06. Since Before the Flood was Null 04 I'm assuming 05 will be Patriots Day when that's released?
    More pressing question: what the fuck is Null 03?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    More pressing question: what the fuck is Null 03?
    Gone girl

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    In spirit only, as Gone Girl doesn't have a Null #.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Which is too bad, because this and Gone Girl are tied right now for my favourite scores of theirs. Can't wait to play this on vinyl a few times, the keyboard textures are all quite hauntingly beautiful. On every single track! I mean, "Torn Polaroid", holy fuck.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I just learn (and shared) that the show will be aired at the same time in france and germany, same than for the christian ridiculous before the flood ( who the fuck will ask the pope about anything ? )
    https://www.arte.tv/fr/videos/057385-001-A/vietnam-1-9/

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    I just learn (and shared) that the show will be aired at the same time in france and germany, same than for the christian ridiculous before the flood ( who the fuck will ask the pope about anything ? )
    https://www.arte.tv/fr/videos/057385-001-A/vietnam-1-9/
    to be honest, i'm not interested to see this shit. a war play of the big guys in the world with all the mess that happend. right now there's more shit going on in the world just like this. nothing learned from the history...
    i'm a little bit sick of talking about things which happened 40-50 years ago. just like in europe everytime about WWII (70 years ago). look at the world right now and act now. sigh...
    Last edited by witte; 09-17-2017 at 11:35 AM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I really like how they incorporated sounds of choppers and planes (The Forever Rain), marching soldiers (Before And After Faith), wild animals and sounds of the jungle (Before Dawn) as cues and instruments into the songs. I'm sure there are tons more I haven't yet noticed.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    to be honest, i'm not interested to see this shit. a war play of the big guys in the world with all the mess that happend. right now there's more shit going on in the world just like this. nothing learned from the history...
    i'm a little bit sick of talking about things which happened 40-50 years ago. just like in europe everytime about WWII (70 years ago). look at the world right now and act now. sigh...
    There's a lot to be learned about the current state of things by seeing what happened with the Vietnam War. It's a great time to look back and see why we failed then and continue to fail now.

Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    I really like how they incorporated sounds of choppers and planes (The Forever Rain), marching soldiers (Before And After Faith), wild animals and sounds of the jungle (Before Dawn) as cues and instruments into the songs. I'm sure there are tons more I haven't yet noticed.
    Likewise. It reminds me of how they incorporated the floor buffer sound in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    I am not really interrested... well the french serie "Apocalypse" did wake up my interest as the best thing I never saw about the subject ... except it was world wars.
    However I disagree with you, completly, just wanted to say that without explanations.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Gone girl
    If you consider the "rules" of the Null numbers, I don't think it's actually Gone Girl, because that was released solely by Columbia, Nullco wasn't involved at all. I've seen other people speculate that Null 03 might be Juno instead, because that was released by Nullco (The Null Corporation II specifically).

But it's all arbitrary unless Trent, by some miracle, decides to announce it. You could probably assume either one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey kids! Order your Vietnam OST from shitbag today and receive your personalized dent bend or crease on your vinyl sleeve!!! Or better yet get it months down the road or maybe even not at all!!!! Order now!!!! Because it might be out of stock only to show up at a concert venue near you! You could even pre order now but then get the merch quicker by attending the next concert!!!

Lol

until the store is fixed I will gladly listen to the Apple Music version.
    Last edited by Inthemoment; 09-17-2017 at 05:39 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inthemoment View Post
    Hey kids! Order your Vietnam OST from shitbag today and receive your personalized dent bend or crease on your vinyl sleeve!!! Or better yet get it months down the road or maybe even not at all!!!! Order now!!!! Because it might be out of stock only to show up at a concert venue near you! You could even pre order now but then get the merch quicker by attending the next concert!!!

Lol

until the store is fixed I will gladly listen to the Apple Music version.
    Just go to fucking amazon, jesus

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    wow. that first episode was great. cant wait for tomorrow night. the music was different than i expected but very interesting. glad to hear ghosts 13 in there.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snichols View Post
    wow. that first episode was great. cant wait for tomorrow night. the music was different than i expected but very interesting. glad to hear ghosts 13 in there.
    the first FIVE are up on Plex (which is a totally legal app, not a torrent site or anything, so don't start in on me. i'm not sure how or why it worked like that but it DID so that's fucking great.

I have a question. @snichols you bring up ghosts 13. i noticed like 2 or 3 other old or slightly altered bits of nin/tr+ar
    is this how the OST is? i mean is ghosts 13 on the OST?
    I don't have apple music so i haven't got to hear it yet.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    I ordered the 2CD version from Reckless on Friday morning so it'll likely arrive today. I'm thankful there were leftovers from the in store appearance last week!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I ordered the 2CD version from Reckless on Friday morning so it'll likely arrive today. I'm thankful there were leftovers from the in store appearance last week!
    have you streamed it yet?

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    No, sir. I was busy this weekend and now today I'm back at work so I imagine I will be able to hear it either tonight or on my drive to work tomorrow morning.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    you bring up ghosts 13. i noticed like 2 or 3 other old or slightly altered bits of nin/tr+ar
    Didn't recognize anything from previous works, no. The score album is 1.5 hours or so, as is the 2xCD soundtrack of songs from the era. Yo-Yo Ma & The Silk Road Ensemble's contributions haven't been released yet.

Side six of the TR&AR vinyl soundtrack is blank, no etching.
    Last edited by botley; 09-18-2017 at 07:55 AM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Killer. Thx @botley

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Disappointed with the first episode.

I can't STAND when shows or films use score pieces from other films that were made specifically for those films. I really wish they hadn't used the TSN and Dragon Tattoo tracks.

Also not a big fan of the music editing... There were 2-3 points where they started 'Less Likely' from the beginning, played for a minute and then it went to the next scene...few minutes later...started 'Less Likely' again at the exact same beginning cue...played for a minute...next scene. Seemed very lazy and phoned in.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    the first FIVE are up on Plex (which is a totally legal app, not a torrent site or anything, so don't start in on me. i'm not sure how or why it worked like that but it DID so that's fucking great.

I have a question. @snichols you bring up ghosts 13. i noticed like 2 or 3 other old or slightly altered bits of nin/tr+ar

pbs.org is streaming the first five episodes as well.
    also, from ninwikki...."The series also features reworked versions of previously released Nine Inch Nails and Reznor/Ross tracks."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    pretty sure i heard ghosts 1 in there as well as 1 or 2 others from the ghosts record.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I thought the first episode was GREAT!! Ken Burns is my favorite documentary film guy and anytime THAT guy produces a war documentary, I'm in 100%. His Civil War doc is on my shelf and I've watched the whole thing MANY times. The fact that Trent and Atticus are doing the score is just a HUGE bonus for me.

For those wanting nothing but brand new TR AR tunes...this isn't some average 2 hour movie that'll be in the discount dvd bin at walmart in a year. It's an 18 hour "definitive" account of that conflict and that era. Considering the length of the film, you're going to hear the same some a few times...and considering the importance of a project like this, TR probably said "Use anything you want!!"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The wretched shows up in Episode 4.
    Also a version on the beginning of the end.
    Last edited by snichols; 09-18-2017 at 02:02 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

this is so, so, so good. "torn polaroid" is the most beautiful piece of music TR&AR have composed together, it actually brought me to tears.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    How's the packaging for the vinyl? Anything particularly interesting?

Same question for the CD.