Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vietnam War (2017)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Seems bizarre that you can get this on Spotify but not Apple Music? (I'm still waiting for my cd to be delivered but I'd like to hear it before then)
    It's on Apple Music. I'm listening to it right now.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caca View Post
    It's on Apple Music. I'm listening to it right now.

It must just be available in the US then because I can't find it. Strange. No matter though, I'm listening on Spotify

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Listened to it on Spotify at 7am this morning, while sat alone beside a Turkish swimming pool will probably count as the weirdest first listen to a Reznor project for me!

That aside, takes a little while to get to the tracks that I would listen to as much as some of my earlier soundtrack favourites of theirs, but the 3 song run starting with Before Dawn is great.

I look forward to getting my hands on the CD's once back in the UK, which should be waiting on my doormat!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Before and After Faith!!! Sounds cool, some new sounds...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Vinyl is available on Amazon US now, but the CD is not.

$50.99

The Vietnam War - A Film By Ken Burns & Lynn Novick: Original Score [3 LP] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074WT9K76..._Wn-UzbR6EZ8CJ

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    LP is now on sale at store.nin.com. 24/48 FLAC & WAV download options available.

Time to use that 20% discount code and be done with sandbag (or start a whole new shitstorm, which is much more probable).
    Unfortunately, I am getting the ole "Your cart does not meet the requirements for xxxxxx discount code." WTF?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Unfortunately, I am getting the ole "Your cart does not meet the requirements for xxxxxx discount code." WTF?
    What a shock...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dtuck90 View Post
    Does anyone know if the vinyl comes with a download card?

7digital are selling 24/48 download
    Yes, the vinyl comes with a download card for "full fidelity" audio files. I assume that means 24/48 FLAC/WAV, but my code comes up as invalid when trying to redeem it...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Anyone from Canada Sunrise Records has the CD for $19.99

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p_rez17 View Post
    They had The Vietnam War CDs at Reckless today.
    really!? i didn't see them there :/ i snagged an un-signed vinyl. if i had known there were CDs i would have gotten one. shit.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    really!? i didn't see them there :/ i snagged an un-signed vinyl. if i had known there were CDs i would have gotten one. shit.
    Yeah, I got there early enough to dig around the box the employees had behind the counter when I asked what they had. Pretty standard stuff, The Vietnam War CD, no NTAE CD or AV CD.
    Last edited by p_rez17; 09-15-2017 at 10:51 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Before and after Faith is my new favorite thing! Gotta admit i'm shocked with this one, i expected more of the same and got the opposite. I really hope this gets some attention.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I almost pre-ordered this from Amazon.ca for $85 but now that it is available it says "1-2 months" for the shipping estimate. Yeah, I'm gonna pass on that.

Even with shipping costs and exchange it is about $15 to $20 direct from NIN.com. Keeping in mind my sandbag experiences have been fairly positive so far.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just ordered the CD from PBS but didn't realize until after I placed my order that if you sign up for their e-mail list you get 15% off your first order and free shipping. So I ended up spending an extra $8 more than I needed to. DOH!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    It must just be available in the US then because I can't find it. Strange. No matter though, I'm listening on Spotify
    I'm talking complete bollocks, just followed the link from the nin Facebook page and got it in Apple Music. I just couldn't find it from searching before

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    i just tried to use the 15% off through PBS but the link took me to a page that says "oops! the page you are looking for cant be found"

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The CD is available from Amazon US now. $19.99 as of posting.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    First impressions. I like:
    - tropical vibes in Before Dawn & Haunted
    - power in Strangers in Lockstep & Justified Response
    - Ghosts V in What Comes Back
    - electronic background in Four Enclosed Walls
    - intensity in The Forever Rain
    - everything in Before and After Faith, wins the competition, hands down. And knees. And head. Hands and knees and head down! Hey!

I don't like:
    - repetitiveness in A World Away, boooring

Sounds very dragontattooish (like producers wanted) with some TSN samples. I'm okay with that because these are my favorites. :] It's much better than Patriots Day and Not The Actual Events combined. So i'm happy and cautiously optimistic about NIN future. I'm still waiting for something... bigger.
    Last edited by anom9n; 09-16-2017 at 05:33 PM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Ugh. This is pretty much what I expected, but I'm still upset. UGH.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Ugh. This is pretty much what I expected, but I'm still upset. UGH.
    Finally got it to work!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Is Coming View Post
    I almost pre-ordered this from Amazon.ca for $85 but now that it is available it says "1-2 months" for the shipping estimate. Yeah, I'm gonna pass on that.

Even with shipping costs and exchange it is about $15 to $20 direct from NIN.com. Keeping in mind my sandbag experiences have been fairly positive so far.
    It seems to be a trend on new releases. I always have something preordered then I cancel it cause I can get it somewhere else then it magically appears available for the normal 2-3 days. I would order it from Amazon if you don't want the Sandbag hassle free piece of mind. If you want the CD it's available at Sunrise Records (seems to be only music chain available in Ontario)

Edit: my bad they screwed up and it's only the soundtrack available
    Last edited by Leprekon666; 09-15-2017 at 05:39 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Finally got it to work!!!
    Awesome. I'll get it when I'm home.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Got this no problem at Barnes & Noble, also picked up the new Twin Peaks soundtrack. Two releases in one day. Awesome.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    JPC shipped my vinyl order yesterday... hopefully will have it by Monday or Tuesday. Going to listen on Tidal over the weekend until it gets here!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The Forever Rain is my shit right now. I need more of that.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Does anyone know if the vinyl has a download coupon in it? I'd rather not order from NIN.com and I'll just source the HD files from elsewhere, or just wait for it to show up on the torrent sites. I'd rather order the vinyl from Amazon, for obvious reasons.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    JPC shipped my vinyl order yesterday... hopefully will have it by Monday or Tuesday. Going to listen on Tidal over the weekend until it gets here!
    same here.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'm absolutely loving Less Likely, it makes me cry everytime i hear it (that's probably ore to do with my fragile mental state then the song)

Also Before Dawn, Strangers in Lockstep and Before and After Faith are my current fav's, but it's an all round decent Score, i really didn't think they'd beat Before the Flood...at least not this quickly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Does anyone know if the vinyl has a download coupon in it? I'd rather not order from NIN.com and I'll just source the HD files from elsewhere, or just wait for it to show up on the torrent sites. I'd rather order the vinyl from Amazon, for obvious reasons.
    It does have a download card but unfortunately says the code is invalid. I think someone earlier in the tread said they had the same problem?