Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 327

Thread: The Vietnam War (2017)

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,830
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    45 for pre order from Banquet ... tempting but do I want to instead order from sandbag and get another discount code when they fuck up ...

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,649
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Is the Yo-Yo Ma stuff being released too? I would imagine that his and TRAR's contributions are completely separate.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wouldn't it be great it TR/AR did an in-store appearance at Amoeba Hollywood to promote this. Wishful thinking!

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by psus2h View Post
    Wouldn't it be great it TR/AR did an in-store appearance at Amoeba Hollywood to promote this. Wishful thinking!

    I just want to be able to pre-order it!

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,830
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    It's a bit cheaper on Norman Records if anyone's still price pinching https://www.normanrecords.com/record...original-score

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,830
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Aaaand there's an Amazon UK link for those of us who want simple packaging with free shipping http://amzn.to/2eEYHYG

    So it's all just UK stores so far, which is .. interesting for a documentary that is SO American

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    A warm place
    Posts
    2,117
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Aaaand there's an Amazon UK link for those of us who want simple packaging with free shipping http://amzn.to/2eEYHYG

    So it's all just UK stores so far, which is .. interesting for a documentary that is SO American
    Well, hopefully nobody in America (or anywhere outside the UK) buys from a UK distributor, since you guys couldn't pack a vinyl record properly if your lives depended on it..

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,830
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Well, hopefully nobody in America (or anywhere outside the UK) buys from a UK distributor, since you guys couldn't pack a vinyl record properly if your lives depended on it..
    ..?
    Have you ever bought from Amazon UK? Their overpackaging of vinyl is a legit joke, I've had records inside a series of three mailers

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    318
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Amazon US finally fixed the art for the soundtrack (it previously showed the score's art) and added a listing for the score, but right now it only has the MP3 version available to pre-order.


    The Vietnam War (Original Score) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075B2DVGJ..._aZESzbPBJENB1


    Last edited by kargath; 09-07-2017 at 08:10 PM.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    356
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    Amazon US finally fixed the art for the soundtrack (it previously showed the score's art) and added a listing for the score, but right now it only has the MP3 version available to pre-order.


    The Vietnam War (Original Score) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075B2DVGJ..._aZESzbPBJENB1


    With only 7 days left until the official release date, can we pre-order this thing already? Is shitbag causing another problem?
    I desperately want both vinyl and CDs on my hands, at least on the release date.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,830
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    With only 7 days left until the official release date, can we pre-order this thing already? Is shitbag causing another problem?
    I desperately want both vinyl and CDs on my hands, at least on the release date.
    This would have nothing do with Sandbag

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    I desperately want both vinyl and CDs on my hands, at least on the release date.
    i went to a barnes & noble on the release date for before the flood last year. as is now obvious, that didn't go so well. i at least got a kick out of the angry middle aged man working there alone bizarrely repeating back the title to me but continually mispronouncing "flood" (like food with an L) and then getting highly defensive when he thought i suggested he didn't know the word.

    i thought as consolation at least i would eventually get the film on blu-ray, but alas that was not to be either. we see here the difference between PBS and natgeo.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    356
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    This would have nothing do with Sandbag
    I hope so, but I do want to use that 20% discount code before they're done with sandbag.
    That's why I'm wondering if moving to another vendor is causing further delay, along with the fact that TR mentioned 'amazon is not an option right now'.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    1,154
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    Amazon US finally fixed the art for the soundtrack (it previously showed the score's art) and added a listing for the score, but right now it only has the MP3 version available to pre-order.


    The Vietnam War (Original Score) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075B2DVGJ..._aZESzbPBJENB1

    Yo, 30-second samples are up. Hover over the track number.

    EDIT: "What Comes Back" is straight up Fragile-era
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 09-08-2017 at 09:16 AM.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    6,332
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    vinyl is available for pre-order on amazon.ca ... for CDN$ 84.18

  16. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    6,332
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    vinyl is available for pre-order on amazon.ca ... for CDN$ 84.18
    i ended up ordering on amazon.co.uk because even with shipping it was only...$51.22 US, which is probably less than a 3xLP would be (with shipping) if i could actually order it from the nin.com store (and this way it'll probably get to me in better shape )

    edit: and here's the link, because i forgot that it's listed as "untitled" (real helpful, guys). also, apparently, the price went up since i ordered it yesterday? sorry https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B074WT9K76/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 09-09-2017 at 02:02 PM.

  17. #107
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,812
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Ordered the CD of this from Beggars Banquet records, I actually paid for it too so fingers crossed it actually exists

  18. #108
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    318
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Ordered the CD of this from Beggars Banquet records, I actually paid for it too so fingers crossed it actually exists
    Link?

  19. #109
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,102
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

  20. #110
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    151
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Bull Moose has a link up I think. No image attached and the artist is missing, but it is a 3xLP...

    http://www.bullmoose.com/p/25708368/the-vietnam-war-a-film-by-ken-burns-lynn-novick-original-score-3-lp
    Last edited by Arcspiral; 09-10-2017 at 09:28 AM.

  21. #111
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    6,332
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcspiral View Post
    Bull Moose has a link up I think. No image attached and the artist is missing, but it is a 3xLP...

    http://www.bullmoose.com/p/25708368/the-vietnam-war-a-film-by-ken-burns-lynn-novick-original-score-3-lp


    not sure what bull moose's shipping is like but if it costs more than a few bucks, i still lucked out on amazon.co.uk. however, now that the price has gone up on there, bull moose is a better option.

    it's really confusing that this is available to order from so many sources (including multiple amazon sites) but NOT amazon.com

  22. #112
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Greater Boston
    Posts
    323
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    not sure what bull moose's shipping is like but if it costs more than a few bucks, i still lucked out on amazon.co.uk. however, now that the price has gone up on there, bull moose is a better option.

    it's really confusing that this is available to order from so many sources (including multiple amazon sites) but NOT amazon.com
    Shipping is free in the Continental USA if the order is over $30. Just placed my order. It cost me just under $49.

  23. #113
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    A warm place
    Posts
    2,117
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    https://www.amazon.com/Vietnam-War-B...war+soundtrack

    It's been available for much less on Amazon US for awhile now. I pre-ordered mine weeks ago when it was still only $13.99, lol

  24. #114
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,812
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Vietnam-War-B...war+soundtrack

    It's been available for much less on Amazon US for awhile now. I pre-ordered mine weeks ago when it was still only $13.99, lol
    That's the soundtrack with all the 'songs from the era' as opposed to the score. Not really interested in that

  25. #115
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    A warm place
    Posts
    2,117
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    That's the soundtrack with all the 'songs from the era' as opposed to the score. Not really interested in that
    Whoa, good catch. That's weird. The album art photo is for the TR-AR score, and when I pre-ordered it several weeks ago, the listing was for the score, complete with the track titles.

    I am e-mailing Amazon now to confirm this isn't the various artists one..

  26. #116
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    113
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    PBS has a 30 minute preview of the miniseries on right now.

    Talking about out the score and how they picked TR-AR. Brief interview with them too.

  27. #117
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    318
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Whoa, good catch. That's weird. The album art photo is for the TR-AR score, and when I pre-ordered it several weeks ago, the listing was for the score, complete with the track titles.

    I am e-mailing Amazon now to confirm this isn't the various artists one..
    I've been following that listing and while it's always had the incorrect art, it has always described the soundtrack, including the songs.

    There's another listing for the score that is only for the mp3s that I linked to earlier.

  28. #118
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,812
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I just got an update on my order from Banquet Records (the CDs) saying my pre order is awaiting dispatch. I'm excited, can't wait to hear this.

    (I have to admit, when I read 'your order has an update' as the email subject my heart sank assuming there had been some delay or something, but no)
    Last edited by WorzelG; 09-11-2017 at 06:50 AM.

  29. #119
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    A warm place
    Posts
    2,117
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    I've been following that listing and while it's always had the incorrect art, it has always described the soundtrack, including the songs.

    There's another listing for the score that is only for the mp3s that I linked to earlier.
    It hasn't always described the soundtrack though.

    When I got the e-mail update from Amazon back on Aug. 7, I went right to the website and saw it listed for $13.99, but with no vinyl format pre-order. I checked the listing at the time: it was 17 tracks credited to Trent and Atticus and over 90 minutes of music. I never would have bought a soundtrack that had 70s songs on it, and made sure it wasn't that version before pre-ordering. It wasn't until WorzelG pointed out a yesterday that it was the 70s soundtrack listed with the incorrect cover art that I noticed it had been changed from what it was originally listed at.

    Now the listing has been changed again to show the correct cover art. But it doesn't really matter to me, because an Amazon customer service rep e-mailed me this morning assuring me that the pre-order I placed was for the Trent and Atticus score, and that I'll still be getting it for $13.99. Works for me.

  30. #120
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    318
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    It hasn't always described the soundtrack though.

    When I got the e-mail update from Amazon back on Aug. 7, I went right to the website and saw it listed for $13.99, but with no vinyl format pre-order. I checked the listing at the time: it was 17 tracks credited to Trent and Atticus and over 90 minutes of music. I never would have bought a soundtrack that had 70s songs on it, and made sure it wasn't that version before pre-ordering. It wasn't until WorzelG pointed out a yesterday that it was the 70s soundtrack listed with the incorrect cover art that I noticed it had been changed from what it was originally listed at.

    Now the listing has been changed again to show the correct cover art. But it doesn't really matter to me, because an Amazon customer service rep e-mailed me this morning assuring me that the pre-order I placed was for the Trent and Atticus score, and that I'll still be getting it for $13.99. Works for me.
    Can you please get confirmation on the product number and let us know what it is?

    Your email confirmation of the order should also state that it was the score, I'd think.

    From what I've seen, this entry always had "soundtrack" in the title. You must have really been in there early if it had anything else. Immediately following the nin.com entry, my first look was on Amazon and never saw a score listing.

    I'm a bit leery believing that an Amazon agent would really know the difference here...

Posting Permissions