Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50
Results 1,471 to 1,481 of 1481

Thread: The Fragile: Deviations 1 - Limited Edition 4xLP (Spring 2017)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eluus View Post
    Juste received my QOTSA Villains Deluxe Vinyl and I was thinking, this is exactly what Deviations 1 was supposed to be.
    Great (and very big !) package, full of cool art prints. And only 27, not 80.
    Too bad the album is pretty 'meh'...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I ordered this last week and mine should be here this week. The PDF file has anyone actually got it printed to a book to fit in with the vinyl? I don't understand why the digital version has a booklet file but not the physical copy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprekon666 View Post
    I ordered this last week and mine should be here this week. The PDF file has anyone actually got it printed to a book to fit in with the vinyl? I don't understand why the digital version has a booklet file but not the physical copy.
    Yes, it has been done. Yes it fits. Watch out for the last couple of pages because unless you account for the folds, some of the text may be cut off. Around page 47 in this thread there's images and details...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

The Fragile: Deviations 1 - Limited Edition 4xLP (Spring 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    I was under the impression it was leftover tour stock. Who knows.

Personally, I'd rather everyone gets a copy who wants one. The collector market is based on pure crap on the best of days, and it's more exacerbated every year with Record Store Day and ludicrous pressing numbers/availability of completely shite releases. It's very refreshing to see TR just press to demand.
    that's all well & good. but if that's the case, it should've cost considerably less than what it costs, as the majority of us were under the impression it was a limited run. which we were kinda happy to pay that little bit more

maybe the first amount (ordered in December 16)
    should've been numbered with something a little extra, then the others just a standard edition. to make clear this was a limited run, but we're now adding extra copies, due to demand, or something along those lines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by InsecureSpike; 09-04-2017 at 01:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If a booklet was sold in the shop for the fragile dev 1 priced around what the NTAE & AV physical components were, I'd pick it up.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Too bad the album is pretty 'meh'...
    It also doesn't seem a sound comparison when the record is 3 sides of music on the records rather than 8 sides... lots more music on lots more vinyl. I take the point re packaging but ultimately go and buy a single LP these days and it's generally around 16-20. Whilst you're not getting four times the vinyl packaging you are getting four times the records.

I thought the new QOTSA record was OK FWIW

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Yes, it has been done. Yes it fits. Watch out for the last couple of pages because unless you account for the folds, some of the text may be cut off. Around page 47 in this thread there's images and details...
    Thanks for the page. I honestly didn't want to go through 50 pages to find if it was mentioned. I didn't think it would cost that much but ouch there goes that idea.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    I can't give an accurate cost on it, because I actually knew the guy at the shop! and he gave me his employee discount for it. Only cost me $20
    Hmm...any idea if your friend wants to make a bunch of these and sell them for $25 a piece?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Hmm...any idea if your friend wants to make a bunch of these and sell them for $25 a piece?
    Ha! I can shoot him a message and see what he can do. He's traveling the world at the moment, believe he's in Scotland, so might take him a bit to respond.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Another cost comparison. ok perhaps not everyone's cup of tea, but I've just had delivered The Verve Urban Hymns Remastered Deluxe (20th anniversary) vinyl set. 3 x double(6 discs) 180g LP's ( album(2LP), b-sides(2LP), unreleased live(2LP)) (in 3 x colour gate fold sleeves, 6 internal colour sleeves, + external brown sleeves for each double LP, all in an outer coloured box with 20 page LP sized colour booklet and download card with extra tracks - cost 70GBP (approx $91). Weighs a ton, but very nice release. It feels like 70 worth of vinyl though.
    Last edited by afors; 09-05-2017 at 11:50 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    While I'm happy to finally have some more Fragile material in a physical form, and I'm not super bummed about the $80 I spent on it (though I can definitely see why people are upset), I'm more let down by the presentation. TR went on about details and shit, and then releases a barebones set of vinyl. More care and thought was put into the 20th anniversary TDS releases than this, and The Fragile is, to a lot of people, just as important as TDS.

What I find a bit irritating is TR put out a fancy ass $300 set for Ghosts I-IV. Something that was kind of an oddity in terms of the discography. I spent $300, on that, and, while I don't hate it, it's something I barely listen to. If there had been a REAL definitive Fragile deluxe set, I have no doubt it would have sold out for real even at double the price of Ghosts.