Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Rereleases December 2016 (Broken, TDS, TF)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magval View Post
    Apologies for not looking through the rest of the thread to see if anyone knows the score on this, but I see that on the UK NIN store, Not the Actual Events, Downward Spiral, Fragile and Broken are all out of stock, but each is available on the US store. Anyone explain why this is, and moreover, why anyone would order from the UK store in the first place considering that even with shipping from US there's a saving of over £100?

Seems like I'm missing some too-good-to-be-true catch, here.
    one person in europe had to pay over £200 in taxes because their items were shipped via DHL

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    My entire order is on the way. NTAE, Broken, Fragile and TDS. Just got the shipping notification a few minutes ago.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamecat235 View Post
    While you do have a point, this is the place where the rest of have to tell you that this is some master level trolling on your part. These concepts can co-exist, I can subject myself to terrible service so that I can get something I want in the hopes that it is different. Especially in the case where a specific vendor has an absolute monopoly on the products.

What we can't claim is shock, surprise, or innocence. But regardless of reputation, if someone promises one things, charges a premium for that thing, and then doesn't live up to their promises... blaming the victims is just going a step or two beyond.

That said, I still am holding off on ordering any vinyl other than my copy of Deviations until I hear how orders go currently. Which sucks, because I would love to have The Fragile on vinyl, or Broken on vinyl again. So does this mean I can still complain? =p
    I think the existence of the 30 page sandbag thread of stories about how bad sandbag sucks at literally everything it does in gigantically offensive ways removes the purchaser of items from their store from being a victim by giving the purchaser the knowledge of the service they will be recieving.

it would be like me going to the gathering of the Juggalos and then being mad that I smell like cheap cigarettes and soda at the end.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    it would be like me going to the gathering of the Juggalos and then being mad that I smell like cheap cigarettes and soda at the end.
    This made me literally lol. Point made.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Come on, Tony, failure and facepaint.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    cheap cigarettes and soda
    I have a craving for these two things now and I don't understand why

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Saw on Facebook that people have received NTAE vinyls.

Spoiler: There's apparently reversed audio on the B-side and the black dust is back.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post

Spoiler: There's apparently reversed audio on the B-side and the black dust is back.
    On the vinyl? Isn't that a no no?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

Link?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Link?
    There's two posts in this group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/NINOurNothingNIN/?fref=nf

Spoiler: Sounds like reptile on the video there.
    Last edited by slammy79; 08-11-2017 at 04:17 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    So now we can finally hear the satanic messages lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is it gatefold? (NTAE vinyl)

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Now someone needs to do needledrops of the backward TDS tracks and play them together with their associated tracks in the NTAE lyric sheet.

Spoiler: While also playing selections from 10,000 Days, Dark Side of The Moon and Wizard of Oz together obviously

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    On the vinyl? Isn't that a no no?
    that IS a no-no...but it's also kind of interesting? i'm intrigued. my eyes are buggin' out right now. my wife walked in the room and thought i was having an aneurysm.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Had a thought about the Broken reissue and the "secrets included." Spoilers just in case I'm on the right track:

Spoiler: https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Na...release/128574 The European version of Broken on vinyl came with a NIN slipmat. What if the secret is that the reissue also comes with a slipmat? That's a little more pedestrian than a DVD-R of The Broken Movie or whatever, but I think it'd be a cool little nod to the original vinyl issue.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'd never really listened to the TDS DE remaster (since I didn't buy it, as I own an original UK copy) – but I just noticed a weird flaw, possibly due to how loud the remaster is, on "March of the Pigs" ... before the first "all the pigs" chorus, there's a huge jump in volume that isn't on the original, probably from the limiter jumping up after pressing down the sound so much during the loud part. (If I play the original very loudly, I don't hear the same effect.) I'm pretty surprised that got past our infamously perfectionist dude, especially since they finally fixed the "Heresy" intro (though I always thought that was intentional.)

We still don't know if the new vinyl keeps the fade-outs, eh? I'm assuming they are.

Months later, I still kinda want to buy the Broken remaster since I always wanted to own that on vinyl but I can't really rage out as much in my middle age so I still don't know if it's worth it. Might save the money for Add Violence since it's so good.

Can't wait to get my copy of The Fragile on vinyl again. I will finally have a physical copy of that photo of Dr. Dre and Trent in the studio, too.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    First Discogs Broken sale arrived.
    Spoiler: https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/10693965

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Has anyone noticed yet that the sticker on every definitive edition says halo thirty with the original halo number underneath.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    We still don't know if the new vinyl keeps the fade-outs, eh? I'm assuming they are.
    The 2017 DE download seems to indicate this (none of the side split segues are changed like The Fragile; TDS just plays like it always has), but I really hope they don't do it that way. Nothing frustrates me more than the original/Back to Black pressings just putting shite fades on the tracks as they are, and including the Reptile intro at the end of Eraser. So dumb.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

I'm hoping it's only in the form of the finger prints on the cover. That would destroy your needle, otherwise.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    IS there a different help email from sandbag? I sent them one to the uk one, I was wondering if there is a US address.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    I'm pretty surprised that got past our infamously perfectionist dude, especially since they finally fixed the "Heresy" intro (though I always thought that was intentional.)
    What are you talking about? What's wrong with the intro to Heresy?

Quote Originally Posted by NotinCnStopMeNow View Post
    Has anyone noticed yet that the sticker on every definitive edition says halo thirty with the original halo number underneath.
    I'm starting to think the stickers were creating using a mail merge which simply replaces the name of the album, the halo number, the barcode #, and the original release date and that "Halo Thirty" was accidentally left on the file from the very first one released (Deviations 1).

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotinCnStopMeNow View Post
    I'm still pretty sure that The Fragile didn't have that. I guess we'll see for sure as more come in, though. It's pretty weird.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    There's an audible dropout, right at the beginning of the song.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Had to do some time traveling:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Has anyone mentioned that the panning glitch at the beginning of Heresy's finally been fixed in this Definitive Version? Because it has, and I noticed.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I'm still pretty sure that The Fragile didn't have that. I guess we'll see for sure as more come in, though. It's pretty weird.
    Yeah, you're right. At least it's not on the one that Trent posted to his Instagram.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    @seasonsinthesky I saw your post on reddit. I don't have an account over there, but I dug up your original question. "Someone" answered you (you had me tagged in the original post).

Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    This is the transition from The Frail to The Wretched, zoomed in wayfar:

See where the red cursor is? A few wee frames of 0 bytes.

I can't hear it skip when the files playback, though, even together like this. Still, the transitions are broken. Is this a sector boundary issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Actually, based on how much you're zoomed in, my guess is that "blank space" is where they fixed a sector boundary issue. Tiny little padding at the end.
    While the blank spaces may not necessarily represent places where they fixed sector boundary errors, it's essentially the same concept as padding sector boundary errors (several frames of 0 bytes added to the end).

What I'm getting at is, the "broken" transitions appear to be intentional (padding) rather than an oversight. I'm not trying to imply that these are sector-boundary aligned, etc. I can see how that is a little confusing in my original post.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    There's a little stereo anomaly in the synth at the very beginning – it's always been there, and I thought it was intentional (these are the things you notice when you listen to an album probably close to 500 times in your life, or just a couple of times on headphones if you're obsessed with sound). The sound drops out of one channel. Apparently it was always a mistake, as Trent fixed it on this reissue.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    @seasonsinthesky I saw your post on reddit. I don't have an account over there, but I dug up your original question. "Someone" answered you (you had me tagged in the original post).

While the blank spaces may not necessarily represent places where they fixed sector boundary errors, it's essentially the same concept as padding sector boundary errors (several frames of 0 bytes added to the end).

What I'm getting at is, the "broken" transitions appear to be intentional (padding) rather than an oversight. I'm not trying to imply that these are sector-boundary aligned, etc. I can see how that is a little confusing in my original post.
    As always, thanks very much Jon, you da man. I either missed or erased the braincell responsible for storing the memory of your reply.

Does playback software notice these blanks and drop them out of the buffer, like they now treat MP3s (if the software supports gapless playback)? Or are these blanks actually occurring on playback and they're just so fast nobody notices? I certainly didn't until I went to make combo-files (Frail/Wretched, etc.).