Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Rereleases December 2016 (Broken, TDS, TF)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

Vinyl Rereleases December 2016 (Broken, TDS, TF)

Figured we could afford to have a thread devoted to the new reissue campaign that just got sprung on us. I preordered The Fragile along with the limited edition instrumental/rarity package for it a moment ago along with Not the Actual Events and Broken. Will be getting the Downward Spiral and all other reissues soon. Hoping the With Teeth and Year Zero reissues go live for purchase ASAP.

----------------------------------

https://store.nin.com/collections/music

VINYL MISSION STATEMENT

IN THESE TIMES OF NEARLY UNLIMITED ACCESS TO ALL THE MUSIC IN THE WORLD, WE’VE COME TO APPRECIATE THE VALUE AND BEAUTY OF THE PHYSICAL OBJECT. OUR STORE’S FOCUS IS ON PRESENTING THESE ITEMS TO YOU. VINYL HAS RETURNED TO BEING A PRIORITY FOR US - NOT JUST FOR THE WARMTH OF THE SOUND, BUT THE INTERACTION IT DEMANDS FROM THE LISTENER. THE CANVAS OF ARTWORK, THE WEIGHT OF THE RECORD, THE SMELL OF THE VINYL, THE DROPPING OF THE NEEDLE, THE DIFFICULTY OF SKIPPING TRACKS, THE CHANGING OF SIDES, THE SECRETS HIDDEN WITHIN, AND HAVING A PHYSICAL OBJECT THAT EXISTS IN THE REAL WORLD WITH YOU… ALL PART OF THE EXPERIENCE AND MAGIC.

DIGITAL FORMATS AND STREAMING ARE GREAT AND CERTAINLY CONVENIENT, BUT THE IDEAL WAY I’D HOPE A LISTENER EXPERIENCE MY MUSIC IS TO GRAB A GREAT SET OF HEADPHONES, SIT WITH THE VINYL, DROP THE NEEDLE, HOLD THE JACKET IN YOUR HANDS LOOKING AT THE ARTWORK (WITH YOUR FUCKING PHONE TURNED OFF) AND GO ON A JOURNEY WITH ME.
    -TRENT REZNOR

http://www.nin.com/nine-inch-nails-r...eissued-vinyl/

ALL NINE INCH NAILS RECORDS BEING REISSUED ON VINYL

TRENT REZNOR AND NIN ART DIRECTOR JOHN CRAWFORD SET OUT TO MAKE THE “DEFINITIVE EDITIONS” OF ALL THE MAIN NIN RELEASES ON VINYL. REZNOR: “WE WANT TO PRESENT THE CATALOG AS IT WAS INTENDED TO BE, WITH NO COMPROMISES. THAT MEANS A CAREFUL REMASTERING OF THE AUDIO FROM THE ORIGINAL SOURCES, A CAREFUL AND PAINSTAKING RECREATION OF THE ARTWORK, PRISTINE MATERIALS, SOME SURPRISES AND AN INSANE ATTENTION TO DETAIL THAT YOU PROBABLY WON’T NOTICE… BUT IT MATTERS TO US. NO EXTRA BULLSHIT AND GIMMICKS – THE “REAL” RECORDS IN THEIR TRUEST FORM AVAILABLE AT A REASONABLE PRICE.”

THE FIRST THREE DEFINITIVE EDITIONS (BROKEN, THE DOWNWARD SPIRAL AND THE FRAGILE) ARE AVAILABLE FOR PREORDER NOW IN THE NIN STORE (SHIPPING SPRING ’17), WITH THE REST TO FOLLOW IN ’17.

https://store.nin.com/collections/mu...finitive-vinyl
    https://nin-uk.myshopify.com/collect...finitive-vinyl

BROKEN
    2017 DEFINITIVE EDITION
    1XLP + 7 + HI RES DIGITAL
    $ 25.00
    THIS IS A PREORDER ITEM AND IS EXPECTED TO SHIP SPRING 2017
    HIGH RESOLUTION DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE 12:01AM PST 12/22

THE DEFINITIVE VERSION OF BROKEN, METICULOUSLY PREPARED BY TRENT REZNOR AND NIN ART DIRECTOR JOHN CRAWFORD.
    REMASTERED IN 2016 ON 180GRAM VINYL WITH REMASTERED ARTWORK + SECRETS INCLUDED.

https://store.nin.com/collections/mu...ral-vinyl-2017
    https://nin-uk.myshopify.com/collect...ral-vinyl-2017

THE DOWNWARD SPIRAL
    2017 DEFINITIVE EDITION
    2XLP + HI RES DIGITAL
    $ 35.00

THE DEFINITIVE VERSION OF THE DOWNWARD SPIRAL, METICULOUSLY PREPARED BY TRENT REZNOR AND NIN ART DIRECTOR JOHN CRAWFORD.
    REMASTERED 2016 AUDIO ON 180-GRAM VINYL, REMASTERED ARTWORK AND MORE.

https://store.nin.com/collections/mu...nitive-edition
    https://nin-uk.myshopify.com/collect...nitive-edition

THE FRAGILE
    2017 DEFINITIVE EDITION
    3XLP + HI RES DIGITAL
    $ 45.00

THE DEFINITIVE VERSION OF THE FRAGILE, METICULOUSLY PREPARED BY TRENT REZNOR AND NIN ART DIRECTOR JOHN CRAWFORD.
    REMASTERED FROM THE ORIGINAL SOURCES IN 2016 ON 180-GRAM VINYL, WITH LOTS OF DETAILS ATTENDED TO THAT YOU MAY NEVER NOTICE BUT WE CARE ABOUT.

Last edited by TheBang; 12-16-2016 at 05:28 PM. Reason: mod edits for info

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The website crashed. How much is this reissue?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    store.nin.com

is this it? The fragile remastered?

OMG THE FRAGILE DEVIATIONS HAS MORE TRACKS!!!!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Broken reissue comes with the 7" single for Suck/Physical

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2020k View Post
    The website crashed. How much is this reissue?
    The Fragile is 45 dollars. The Deviations version is 80 USD and limited release, so get it ASAP if you want it. Almost all others are 25-30 and Not the Actual Events is 20.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    DIGITAL FORMATS AND STREAMING ARE GREAT AND CERTAINLY CONVENIENT, BUT THE IDEAL WAY I’D HOPE A LISTENER EXPERIENCE MY MUSIC IS TO GRAB A GREAT SET OF HEADPHONES, SIT WITH THE VINYL, DROP THE NEEDLE, HOLD THE JACKET IN YOUR HANDS LOOKING AT THE ARTWORK (WITH YOUR FUCKING PHONE TURNED OFF) AND GO ON A JOURNEY WITH ME.
    -TRENT REZNOR

Meh, who even has a record player?

I first "experienced" NIN live and in person (MY ideal way ever since) in 1991, and then spent YEARS listening on cassette. Hasn't bothered me one bit.

To each their own.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Do we agree that except "TF deviations", all reissues aren't limited edition ?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buzburbank View Post
    -TRENT REZNOR

Meh, who even has a record player?

I first "experienced" NIN live and in person (MY ideal way ever since) in 1991, and then spent YEARS listening on cassette. Hasn't bothered me one bit.

To each their own.
    a lot of people, actually. we have a very active vinyl collectors unite thread here on the board.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

The Fragile: Deviations 1 - Limited Edition 4xLP (Spring 2017)

I can't get to the site. Is the Fragile: Deviations all previously unreleased material or is it The Fragile with bonus tracks?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    The site is down...how "limited" is Deviations 1?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    PRO-TIP: nin.com doesn't work, but http://store.nin.com does and it has all the details and pre-orders there.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2020k View Post
    PRO-TIP: nin.com doesn't work, but http://store.nin.com does and it has all the details and pre-orders there.
    Not working for me.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Goodbye Christmas bonus

Hello Christmas boner

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Here's the updated album cover.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Hold the FUCKIN phone...why is TSN on here...it says "remaster 2016 audio on 180 gram vinyl"??

SOLD OUT -- Is there a new version or not? And how is it already sold out.

Last edited by Reznor2112; 12-16-2016 at 02:38 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ALSO, if you scroll down a bit in the music section of the store, W_T, TZ, and The Slip are confirmed as going to be reissued on vinyl as well.

TSN is a 2010 pressing, if you look closely.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I grabbed the Fragile Deviations and the new EP on vinyl as well.

Can we assume that the "definitive editions" are not limited? I don't wanna blow all this cash at once, had to get the essential stuff now, will wait to order those EPs after the holidays. Just hoping they will be around whenever, and not just limited (although on second look it doesn't say those are limited).

Crazy day!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    damnit... I do not have the money required to invest in more vinyl right now. I pre-ordered the new EP on digital plus physical whatever, but I'm just gonna hope somebody posts the digital tracks for Deviations online.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Did anyone get a second TSN vinyl? I will pay face value PLUS extra.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Did anyone get a second TSN vinyl? I will pay face value PLUS extra.
    it's the 2010 pressing, not a new pressing. calm down, bud! (not being patronizing, actually care about you)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    Well, given the fact that the re-issue of PHM is still readily available, I'd say it's safe to assume the "non-limited" versions of things will be around when you're ready to buy em.

That word "limited" sure did light a fire under my ass though!!!
    Ordered the "Physical Component" version of Events and Deviations I because of it! Goood fuckin' way to spend $100, though!

Awesome. Yes! I know, I had a sudden urge to BUY.

Also, while prices are more than fair for definitive versions, I'll need to wait a bit. For now I'm so happy, what an awesome thing... this is certainly a welcome surprise.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    it's the 2010 pressing, not a new pressing. calm down, bud! (not being patronizing, actually care about you)
    (Heavy panting) love ya bud haha

For some reason though it says 2016 audio with new artwork. What would be the reason for adding that to the store if it is already sold out from a few years ago?

Last edited by Reznor2112; 12-16-2016 at 02:47 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I'd just like to say how wonderful it is that, in an era of people doing limited, low-quality and overpriced rereleases of albums on vinyl, TR & Co. have gone the extra mile and rereleased literally every major studio LP with remastered art and audio while keeping the prices at totally reasonable amounts and making almost all of them available to order all at once. Class fuckin' act.

Also it is so amazing to finally for once in my life have money for something like that Deviations set

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Notice the Broken vinyl says "+ secrets included".

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    (Heavy panting) love ya bud haha

For some reason though it says 2016 audio with new artwork. What would be the reason for adding that to the store if it is already sold out from a few years ago?
    there's a few things on the site that are similar (the ghosts set is on there under OBJECTS) despite having been sold out for quite a while.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Whoa!! So I just ordered 5 Vinyls (Not the Actual Events, Broken, Both Fragile releases, and TDS) and JUST noticed they were all remastered in 2016?! wow, best NIN xmas gift ever!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Whoa!! So I just ordered 5 Vinyls (Not the Actual Events, Broken, Both Fragile releases, and TDS) and JUST noticed they were all remastered in 2016?! wow, best NIN xmas gift ever!
    oh! and, uhh....anyone have good recommendations for vinyl players?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

https://uturnaudio.com/

https://uturnaudio.com/

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Definitely head on over to the Vinyl Collectors thread in the music section, everybody there loves to offer recs and advice in set-ups and you're more likely to not have your questions fall beneath the sea of discussion that's happening here in the main NIN threads right now. That said, vintage is the way to go if you can swing it and don't mind thrifting or searching around a bit for the right items, and Pro-Ject Debut Carbon turntables are pretty good as well when it comes to new modern day ones. The Audio Technica AT-LP120 is appealing to many for its straightforward simplicity, and it's a decent knock-off of the old Technics build, but at the price it comes at, you can pretty often find something better for just an extra couple bucks if you're deal-savvy.

People can get really in the weeds and anal about it all but ultimately what really matters is that you like your set-up, you know how to use it, you know how to maintain it, you're not using a Crosley that'll eat your records up like a paper shredder and you're having fun. As long as you're happy with your sound then don't let anyone shit all over you for not using the right kind of connecting wire or having a pre-amp they don't approve of or not having your speakers the exact right distance apart or some other shit. It's a less intimidating hobby than it looks.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Definitely head on over to the Vinyl Collectors thread in the music section, everybody there loves to offer recs and advice in set-ups and you're more likely to not have your questions fall beneath the sea of discussion that's happening here in the main NIN threads right now. That said, vintage is the way to go if you can swing it and don't mind thrifting or searching around a bit for the right items, and Pro-Ject Debut Carbon turntables are pretty good as well when it comes to new modern day ones. The Audio Technica AT-LP120 is appealing to many for its straightforward simplicity, and it's a decent knock-off of the old Technics build, but at the price it comes at, you can pretty often find something better for just an extra couple bucks if you're deal-savvy.

People can get really in the weeds and anal about it all but ultimately what really matters is that you like your set-up, you know how to use it, you know how to maintain it, you're not using a Crosley that'll eat your records up like a paper shredder and you're having fun. As long as you're happy with your sound then don't let anyone shit all over you for not using the right kind of connecting wire or having a pre-amp they don't approve of or not having your speakers the exact right distance apart or some other shit. It's a less intimidating hobby than it looks.
    Thanks! and good call on heading to the other thread, will poke around in there.