Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1243

Thread: Vinyl Rereleases December 2016 (Broken, TDS, TF)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Finally getting a chance to listen to "The Fragile" DE.... so very sweet! I like hearing more of the background effects (like "Broken" and "The Downward Spiral"... they all just seem more alive than the CD versions).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

finally listening on vinyl; currently finishing up "the great below"

this sounds SO GOOD. the bob ezrin piece was awesome. i'm still mad we didn't get a 5.1 version on a blu-ray, but this is still a pretty great audio presentation of my all-time favorite album.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    finally got all my orders and refunds (60+ days), and glued broken back together

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    My copies of Broken, TDS, The Fragile and NTAE arrived today. All stacked on top of one another in a single mailer box with nothing by way of protective packaging. Amazingly, all were intact and pristine. Not even a hint of ringwear. I was stupefied. That's not saying it's in any way okay and Sandbag still sucks tremendous ass regardless. I'm just floored something so shamelessly packed could arrive undamaged.

Due to the rampant issues and complaints with the packaging being cheap and coming unglued, I'm leaving the shrink wrap on both the gatefolds and Broken. I already own TDS and TF several times over and neither has inner art inside the gatefold that is particularly amazing to me (especially TF). Not trying to have waited nine months to have stuff I paid a premium price for start falling apart, on top of everything else..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afors View Post
    Received my copy from UK store about 2 weeks ago. Intact along with TDS DE, NTAE. Ordered 16 Dec 2016.
    Same here, ordered TF DEV1, TF DE, Broken DE, TDS DE and the NTAE back in December. Just waited patiently and got everything (TF DEV1 a few weeks earlier) I ordered about 2 weeks ago.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    Does anybody have downloads for the other essays? I just found out about these today! What a nice treat, too bad I don't have a record player or any interest in buying vinyl records (can't play records in the car or at work, which is where I listen to my music)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtifer View Post
    Does anybody have downloads for the other essays?
    I thought what was in the download link was everything from the booklet (not including the lyric booklet of course).

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I just finished listening to TDS and The Fragile and am going to jump into Broken tonight. These releases are extraordinarily excellent and damn near perfect in sound and audio, and I'm listening to them on a $200 Vizio 5.1 system and using a cheap Ion audio record player. I'm hearing sounds on both albums that were much quieter with other versions I've listened to. These are amazing and I seriously need the second half of these releases ASAP.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    These are amazing and I seriously need the second half of these releases ASAP.
    Yes. I was thinking the same thing earlier today.

They can be released any time now... I was hoping for a Sept. 1 date but I suspect that they'll be released once the backlog from December is all dealt with... and since the EU peeps are getting there's now, shouldn't be too much longer. Or maybe just Dec. again... And then another set for 2018 (remixes, singles, JP and EU releases)...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry if anyone has asked this, I tried searching with no luck.

What is the likelihood of replenishment of the Prick LP color vinyl? I've been keeping an eye on it for sometime, seen other titles come back into stock and leave again but no sign on this one. I'm thinking limited edition that won't be returning at this point...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I would not be surprised if orders for the second round of reissues go live alongside Add Violence on November 17 with no preorder window. My hunch is that as long as sandbag is in the picture, they're only going to be permitted to sell existing merchandise and not items to be shipped at a future date.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguymark View Post
    I would not be surprised if orders for the second round of reissues go live alongside Add Violence on November 17 with no preorder window. My hunch is that as long as sandbag is in the picture, they're only going to be permitted to sell existing merchandise and not items to be shipped at a future date.
    I really hope that's the case. Those albums have said "coming soon" for almost a year, which is a stretch even in NIN world. I have a discount code burning a hole in my inbox and just want to do one big order of AV, the second batch of DE's, and a couple other things.

EDIT: It's actually going to hurt their sales if there are a lot of people like me who just don't want to make an order until multiple items are available. Like when Vietnam War was added to the store, I just shrugged and added it to the list of things to order later (whereas I would've ordered it right away if there were no pending items on the store).
    Last edited by Toadflax; 10-13-2017 at 02:19 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    And finally received my replaced sleeve for "Broken". Why it came from Hungry I'm not quite sure but hey, it arrived intact.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    And finally received my replaced sleeve for "Broken". Why it came from Hungry I'm not quite sure but hey, it arrived intact.
    pretty sure that's where the records were pressed

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    pretty sure that's where the records were pressed
    Mine say read "P. USA", so unless is applies to the EU store purchases... I'm going with they were produced in the USA>

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Janus3659 View Post
    Sorry if anyone has asked this, I tried searching with no luck.

What is the likelihood of replenishment of the Prick LP color vinyl? I've been keeping an eye on it for sometime, seen other titles come back into stock and leave again but no sign on this one. I'm thinking limited edition that won't be returning at this point...
    It was only restocked once from what I can tell. I missed it the minute it went on sale the first time, and then like a week later, more appeared in stock (got one! go me!). Since then, nothing. I have no idea why I keep checking.. I have been collecting vinyl for a while now and have learned one thing time and time again, if you want that limited pressing, then you need to buy it right away. Really kicking myself for not jumping on Vault 33 (White Stripes Icky Thump). So, I feel your pain.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I have a question and I know this is a vinyl thread but I have a few of the records from here. I don’t have a record player and wanted to get some suggestions on what one to get. I don’t want to spend tons of money but also don’t want to buy a cheap one. I was told about the [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]Audio- Technica AT-LP60 But has mixed reviews.[/COLOR]

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprekon666 View Post
    I have a question and I know this is a vinyl thread but I have a few of the records from here. I don’t have a record player and wanted to get some suggestions on what one to get. I don’t want to spend tons of money but also don’t want to buy a cheap one. I was told about the Audio- Technica AT-LP60 But has mixed reviews.
    If you don't want to spend lots of money, AT-LP60 is THE answer. Everyone starts with Audio Technica.
    Now I own Sony ps-hx500 and I'm really content with it. If $500 isn't way out of your budget I recommend it without hesitation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    If you don't want to spend lots of money, AT-LP60 is THE answer. Everyone starts with Audio Technica.
    Now I own Sony ps-hx500 and I'm really content with it. If $500 isn't way out of your budget I recommend it without hesitation.
    Save a little more money and at least get the AT-LP120. The AT-LP60 is automatic and is missing have some features that help you not destroy your vinyl.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minarets77 View Post
    Save a little more money and at least get the AT-LP120. The AT-LP60 is automatic and is missing have some features that help you not destroy your vinyl.
    Well, it has a less balanced tonearm, compared to the LP120... whether that will 'destroy' vinyl or not is a matter of debate. I agree that the LP120 is a better choice for various reasons but I don't think it not being automatic has anything to do with this. An automatic turntable for beginners is actually ideal IMO, but they are both good starter tables.
    Last edited by botley; 10-23-2017 at 03:45 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    So what are the pros and cons to automatic vs manual? Another newbie here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Well, it has a less balanced tonearm, compared to the LP120... whether that will 'destroy' vinyl or not is a matter of debate.
    "destroy" is probably overstating it but not being able to balance the tonearm can cause groove wear over time, which is undesirable (i know you know this, I am just stating it for the peeps new to vinyl).

automatic = hope you like every song on every side!

manual - you can drop the needle with your hand (manually)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    "destroy" is probably overstating it but not being able to balance the tonearm can cause groove wear over time, which is undesirable (i know you know this, I am just stating it for the peeps new to vinyl).

If that's the only difference, it's no big deal to me because I would mostly buy vinyls of albums I really care about start to finish.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    If that's the only difference, it's no big deal to me because I would mostly buy vinyls of albums I really care about start to finish.
    the big thing with automatic vs. manual is more like

automatic = the side ended, cool. i'll get to it when i can to play the next side.

manual = OH SHIT THE SIDE ENDED AND MY HANDS ARE WET AND SOAPY FROM DOING DISHES FUUUUUUUUUUCK

at least that's what happens to me

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

Um, you can do that with automatic tonearms too. To cue up a song, you start the motor then raise the tonearm by depressing the button next to "stop" while you put it in the right spot, and then slowly lower the needle by gently letting it go. Trust me, I was raised on playing records in an automatic changer and I know all their dirty tricks!

Stack up those double live albums with sides 1 & 4 on the first LP and 2 & 3 on the second... smoke a doob, and turn the whole stack over when it's at the end of side two! (please don't do this, as it's v. bad for the records)
    Last edited by botley; 10-23-2017 at 05:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    the big thing with automatic vs. manual is more like

automatic = the side ended, cool. i'll get to it when i can to play the next side.

manual = OH SHIT THE SIDE ENDED AND MY HANDS ARE WET AND SOAPY FROM DOING DISHES FUUUUUUUUUUCK

at least that's what happens to me
    It’s all about letting it ride that label inner groove for 5 straight minutes...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    That Sony one looks nice but $600 (Canadian) is a little steep. I like to get one that will last a decent amount of time without issues. I like that you can record your records to your computer (which I totally had no clue that was possible lol). I don’t know if a manual or automatic id want. Automatic justs drops it (by pressing button)and it plays and goes back to the resting position as for manual you drop it and have to pick it up at the end of the side?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Um, you can do that with automatic tonearms too. To cue up a song, you start the motor then raise the tonearm by depressing the button next to "stop" while you put it in the right spot, and then slowly lower the needle by gently letting it go. Trust me, I was raised on playing records in an automatic changer and I know all their dirty tricks!

Stack up those double live albums with sides 1 & 4 on the first LP and 2 & 3 on the second... smoke a doob, and turn the whole stack over when it's at the end of side two! (please don't do this, as it's v. bad for the records)
    So with an automatic I can still hear the secret track on Disco Volabte?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    It’s all about letting it ride that label inner groove for 5 straight minutes...

So thaaat's what is going on at the end of The Background World.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    So with an automatic I can still hear the secret track on Disco Volabte?
    Did you have a stroke in the middle of typing that last word, or is this something I should have heard of before?

EDIT: I assume you mean the "secret song" on this? All that an automatic turntable does is lift the tonearm for you. It should still play everything back just the same as a manual turntable does, including double-groove records like that one or Tool's Opiate.
    Last edited by botley; 10-23-2017 at 10:30 PM.