Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34

Thread: Vinyl Rereleases December 2016

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryan695 View Post
    Can anyone make out what the etching on the broken record says? I'm having a hard time lol
    It's a bitch to try to read looking directly at it in person... I will make an attempt at some point though... between the weird font and the way a lot of the letters kind of overlap... and being on a glossy surface.... it's just a huge pain to try to read.

Anyone else notice that it almost looks like there's shallow grooves cut into the label area? It's a lot more apparent in the back on mine, but it's unlike any record label I've seen before. Almost looks playable...

I'll try to get a picture later and will post it I can get it to show up right.
    Last edited by kargath; Yesterday at 05:32 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I noticed that too, but I don't really want to rip the label off my copy to try, lol. I can't imagine what it would be, though. How much audio would that give you, thirty seconds?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jack White had grooves under the labels on his Lazaretto album. If they're actually there you should be able to play them through the label. I don't think you'd be able to remove the label anyway, since they're usually pressed onto the record and not stuck on.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryG View Post
    Jack White had grooves under the labels on his Lazaretto album. If they're actually there you should be able to play them through the label. I don't think you'd be able to remove the label anyway, since they're usually pressed onto the record and not stuck on.
    Thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    Thoughts?
    I may be wrong but that looks like a standard label to me. My original pressing looks similar, as do 5 other random records I pulled off the shelf.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I may be wrong but that looks like a standard label to me. My original pressing looks similar, as do 5 other random records I pulled off the shelf.
    Really? All of mine are flat. Unless I'm dreaming it. Now I have to go pull a few.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    Really? All of mine are flat. Unless I'm dreaming it. Now I have to go pull a few.
    It's not very noticeable, but holding them under a light at an angle helps. In my case, at least.

I tried to get a few pictures.

http://imgur.com/a/bX8eI

They don't seem as prominent as the ones in you pictures. Have you tried playing it to see what happens?
    Last edited by TerryG; Yesterday at 10:13 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    It's not very noticeable, but holding them under a light at an angle helps. In my case, at least.

I tried to get a few pictures.

http://imgur.com/a/bX8eI

They don't seem as prominent as the ones in you pictures. Have you tried playing it to see what happens?
    I looked a bit closer at some of my other records and I see what you're saying... you can see faint swirls on nearly all of them, but running your finger across, you'd never know.

That said..these are very pronounced. You can feel the texture and it looks intentional.

Unfortunately, I don't currently have a turntable set up. Been shopping around for a new one.... Hopefully someone else gets around to trying.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If anyone is still interested, UK store just got restock, just bought Broken, TDS and NTAE ^_^