Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Rereleases December 2016 (Broken, TDS, TF)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    The etching on Side B appears to be entirely done by hand, and it's done in a loose spiral.
    I love it when artists do this stuff, got a few EPs like that but not enough

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Someone please post pics of the "secrets", booklets, goodies etc that are included with all these rereleases that are arriving. FOr those of us who no interest in buying vinyl but want to be in the know with what is going on in the NIN world right now. Thanks!
    Here's a layout of what comes with Broken. Here are images of the Broken booklet (that's from someone on the nin subreddit, not me).

I still really like the ultra-low-res art on the backs of the download cards. Glad that that's a feature common to all the reissues/Deviations.

And a couple pictures of the Side B spiral here and here.
    Last edited by gorast; 08-14-2017 at 05:58 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    About The Fragile DE:
    Spoiler: There is a booklet of similar style to the one found in Broken, this one titled "At the corner of nothing and nowhere: Sequencing The Fragile" by Bob Ezrin

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    About The Fragile DE:
    Spoiler: There is a booklet of similar style to the one found in Broken, this one titled "At the corner of nothing and nowhere: Sequencing The Fragile" by Bob Ezrin
    I'd to love to give it a read, TF is my favorite record ever but I can't buy the vinyl right now. The Broken one is pretty cool. Would love to read Ezrin's article.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can anyone make out what the etching on the broken record says? I'm having a hard time lol

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryan695 View Post
    Can anyone make out what the etching on the broken record says? I'm having a hard time lol
    It's a bitch to try to read looking directly at it in person... I will make an attempt at some point though... between the weird font and the way a lot of the letters kind of overlap... and being on a glossy surface.... it's just a huge pain to try to read.

Anyone else notice that it almost looks like there's shallow grooves cut into the label area? It's a lot more apparent in the back on mine, but it's unlike any record label I've seen before. Almost looks playable...

I'll try to get a picture later and will post it I can get it to show up right.
    Last edited by kargath; 08-16-2017 at 05:32 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I noticed that too, but I don't really want to rip the label off my copy to try, lol. I can't imagine what it would be, though. How much audio would that give you, thirty seconds?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jack White had grooves under the labels on his Lazaretto album. If they're actually there you should be able to play them through the label. I don't think you'd be able to remove the label anyway, since they're usually pressed onto the record and not stuck on.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryG View Post
    Jack White had grooves under the labels on his Lazaretto album. If they're actually there you should be able to play them through the label. I don't think you'd be able to remove the label anyway, since they're usually pressed onto the record and not stuck on.
    Thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    Thoughts?
    I may be wrong but that looks like a standard label to me. My original pressing looks similar, as do 5 other random records I pulled off the shelf.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I may be wrong but that looks like a standard label to me. My original pressing looks similar, as do 5 other random records I pulled off the shelf.
    Really? All of mine are flat. Unless I'm dreaming it. Now I have to go pull a few.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    Really? All of mine are flat. Unless I'm dreaming it. Now I have to go pull a few.
    It's not very noticeable, but holding them under a light at an angle helps. In my case, at least.

I tried to get a few pictures.

http://imgur.com/a/bX8eI

They don't seem as prominent as the ones in you pictures. Have you tried playing it to see what happens?
    Last edited by TerryG; 08-16-2017 at 10:13 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    It's not very noticeable, but holding them under a light at an angle helps. In my case, at least.

I tried to get a few pictures.

http://imgur.com/a/bX8eI

They don't seem as prominent as the ones in you pictures. Have you tried playing it to see what happens?
    I looked a bit closer at some of my other records and I see what you're saying... you can see faint swirls on nearly all of them, but running your finger across, you'd never know.

That said..these are very pronounced. You can feel the texture and it looks intentional.

Unfortunately, I don't currently have a turntable set up. Been shopping around for a new one.... Hopefully someone else gets around to trying.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If anyone is still interested, UK store just got restock, just bought Broken, TDS and NTAE ^_^

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Not sure if this is the correct thread to ask, but I have an extra download code for Deviations 1. I'm looking to trade it for Fragile DE or The Downward Spiral/Broken DE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Fragile came today. They knew it was fragile!

Last edited by perfectOrganism; 08-17-2017 at 11:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    If anyone is still interested, UK store just got restock, just bought Broken, TDS and NTAE ^_^
    Thanks finally been able to buy TDS and Broken!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So with all the essays included in reissues, is there a chance we'll finally get Trent's long-promised With Teeth essay when its reissue comes out?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    So with all the essays included in reissues, is there a chance we'll finally get Trent's long-promised With Teeth essay when its reissue comes out?
    Probably just a bunch of dental x-rays

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Is there an Essay included with TDS too?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I had finally received my vinyl around the time I had surgery, and found my old turntable was dead. I finally got my short term disability and a couple real paychecks, so I ordered a new record player. I'll finally open it and take a peak at it while listening, tomorrow. Finally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So i got an email August 11th saying that my order back in December, the 2017 DE of Broken, TDS, NTAE and The Fragile "has been packaged up and is on it's way to you". Cool, sounds good. Got another email TODAY @ 8:17 am saying the same thing with tracking number, blah blah blah. WELL, i just checked them both and the first email has a tracking number and it says that it is on its way to Bethany, OK from Pennsylvania. Cool, freakin awesome, bring it on, right? Now i JUST checked the other email i got this morning AND IT HAS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TRACKING NUMBER and has no shipping info!!!! OMG, am i about to get 2 orders!??!??!?!?! Why couldnt this happen with Deviations?!!??!?!?! Posted this in the emails forum, but thought i would share here too!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Did you order the records separately? I got a number for the fragile but I ordered tds and broken in a separate order and that was a different number.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Did you order the records separately? I got a number for the fragile but I ordered tds and broken in a separate order and that was a different number.
    Bubble bursted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Now Deviation is 5€ less expansive and The Fragile is 5€ more .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone been able to compare The Fragile DE pressing to an original pressing? Saw that someone else noticed the lack of dynamic range on TDS. Are these all brickwalled and inferior SQ to the originals? Any input appreciated. Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectOrganism View Post

Kitty on the left wants to give it a spin, while kitty on the right gives no fucks whatsoever

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Next time the one on the left meows, imagine a subtitle saying "Fist fuck."

Quote Originally Posted by RiffTHF View Post
    Is there an Essay included with TDS too?
    Yes. There was a thread up on Reddit recently.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectOrganism View Post

Kitty on the left approves of The Fragile, Kitty on the right prefers the Downward Spiral.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Kitty on the left approves of The Fragile, Kitty on the right prefers the Downward Spiral.
    Maybe kitty on the left prefers the Left side of The Fragile and the kitty on the right prefers the Right side.