Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1243

Thread: Vinyl Rereleases December 2016 (Broken, TDS, TF)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzkrieg View Post
    So sad that the unreleased track "Just Do It" isn't part of the "Definitive" version of TDS.
    I hope it will be part of a TDS - Deviations 2 including The Beauty of the drug, Dead Souls, etc...
    The definitive editions are just remastered versions of the original LP releases. No bonus tracks were ever supposed to be included. (Note: The extra material on the Fragile was on the original 3LP release, so it is on the re-release as well)

I'm hopeful that they show up on one of the future Deviations as well. It's not known that they were actually recorded, but I'd love to hear them if they were.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    First hint at new 2017 DE release? Amazon (US) listing The Slip vinyl as $24.98
    "Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com"

It still lists it as 2008 so perhaps a glitch or maybe someone starting work on listings?
    I live in hope for new DE's in time for Christmas. But would be nice to budget for now.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afors View Post
    First hint at new 2017 DE release? Amazon (US) listing The Slip vinyl as $24.98
    "Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com"

It still lists it as 2008 so perhaps a glitch or maybe someone starting work on listings?
    I live in hope for new DE's in time for Christmas. But would be nice to budget for now.
    The Slip was released on vinyl in 2008. I think the listing is for that original halo 27v release.
    We got NTAE and the first batch of DEs two days before christmas, maybe we can expect something sometime similar this year too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    The Slip was released on vinyl in 2008. I think the listing is for that original halo 27v release.
    We got NTAE and the first batch of DEs two days before christmas, maybe we can expect something sometime similar this year too.
    I've just not seen it listed as 'temporarily out of stock' but order-able before. Hence the speculation. I check on Amazon regularly for NIN vinyl
    so I know what's recently changed. I suspect you are right though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I could be wrong, but didn't With Teeth, Year Zero, and The Slip all say 2017 Definitive Edition on nin.com? Now it just says definitive edition (they took out 2017). Perhaps that means that we won't get them this year.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solvethebox View Post
    I could be wrong, but didn't With Teeth, Year Zero, and The Slip all say 2017 Definitive Edition on nin.com? Now it just says definitive edition (they took out 2017). Perhaps that means that we won't get them this year.
    I can't specifically remember the 2017 reference or not. The issue will be with not wanting to do pre-orders any more. Once bitten...
    The production delays in vinyl are massive right now so perhaps awaiting enough general stock to put on sale with D/L available at same time.
    Hopefully something gets release at Chrtistmas though.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    IIRC the titles of those reissues was always just Definitive Edition.
    The year 2017 only appears in the URLs of each record: https://store.nin.com/collections/mu...e-edition-2xlp etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You all may be right. I seem to remember 2017 in the description of the product but I could be wrong. Memory is an imperfect construct.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hoping for a re-release of The Social Network on vinyl sometime in the future. It was originally listed on the revamped website as “sold out” or maybe even the cryptic “coming soon” but can’t remember for sure. I can’t justify paying the eBay prices for this record.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Anyone think that there isn't going to be a preorder option for the remaining DE vinyl on the NIN website? Seems like with all the headaches from the previous releases and the much smoother launch of Add Violence that maybe that is something being strongly considered? Like you will be able to preorder on amazon and other sites, but I am thinking the days of preodering via NIN.com are probably done. Less record keeping that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    To anyone in Ireland ,I got The Fragile from music zone 55 Euro with 5 Euro next day delivery. It came in excellent condition. Really great guys that run the shop too.
    https://musiczone.ie/?s=Nine+inch+nails

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Today I picked up my special order of The Fragile: Definitive Edition through my local record store, which I also work at (1 week left there).

As expected (I guess), my store ran out of in-store copies shortly after it dropped. Around a week after that, the NIN store “Sold Out”. At that point, I looked at our distributor (WebAMI) website and saw there was "Quantity: 30" to special order, so I got right on that for myself (this past Monday). Then, the next day, the NIN store apparently showed more in stock... (hm) Today, I show up to work to claim my order, and I happen to see we have a brand new li’l promotional NIN display, with more copies of all the new NIN vinyl releases, including a (at least one) fresh copy of TF: DE! Meanwhile, as I type this, the NIN store is “Sold Out”, again.

Maybe this all is normal with such a release like this; I don’t keep up on what the fuck the projection of availability is on this thing, so I just bit the bullet. With all the unpredictable bullshit I’ve been glazing over in this thread (and the other NIN store related threads) for some months now with regard to shipping times and now handling care(!!), I guess I should be extra glad I bought locally, no riff-raff. Grand total of $38 and some change after my employee discount.

Anyways, here we have a glamorous video I made to remember the moment (starring probably my favorite coworker)...

Not scripted (and he thought I was taking pictures). The Fragile is most special to me, so I knew ahead of time I wanted to get a video of me finally getting it on vinyl! ^_^
    Last edited by Amaro; 12-05-2017 at 12:33 AM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    hahaha thats great.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    @Amaro - your record dealer is a sexy/smooth motherfucker

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    @Amaro - your record dealer is a sexy/smooth motherfucker
    One of those people you wouldn’t mind having around anywhere you go, at any given time. I’m glad he was right there when I went in...wouldn’t ask for it any other way.

brb Going to fondle my TFDE again.
    Last edited by Amaro; 12-03-2017 at 12:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We also use WebAMI at my store and their quantities always say "30".

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    All you folks getting these things for literally half the price it'd cost us UKers makes me physically sick.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dvp View Post
    We also use WebAMI at my store and their quantities always say "30".
    Except when they don’t? With other releases anyway, as you know. Perhaps you know more about it all, and with regard to this particular release. I’m but a worker bee. I assume even if the NIN store is sold out, and it actually means that, other stores and outlets have their share of copies. Simple as that?
    Last edited by Amaro; 12-04-2017 at 04:25 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I wonder when the definitives WT, YZ and The Slip vinyl will be available in the NIN store. Has Trent said anything about them yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    Except when they don’t? With other releases anyway, as you know. Perhaps you know more about it all, and with regard to this particular release. I’m but a worker bee. I assume even if the NIN store is sold out, and it actually means that, other stores and outlets have their share of copies. Simple as that?
    Bringo. Sometimes it was say "quantity limited", "17", or "back ordered" (which is a lie, 'Only Lovers Left Alive' vinyl, I'm looking at you.). Most of their new releases and stuff always say "30"

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scribnation View Post
    I wonder when the definitives WT, YZ and The Slip vinyl will be available in the NIN store. Has Trent said anything about them yet?
    No, he hasn't. But I imagine that WT/YZ reissues will be coming out (like the Definitive Broken/TDS/Fragile ones did) on Interscope. Reznor also mentioned Still being planned for part of this series. But with another new EP on the horizon, and the Patriots' Day score still to be issued on physical media, The Slip perhaps may be a lower priority.
    Last edited by botley; 12-05-2017 at 04:04 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scribnation View Post
    God I want a definitive Slip, give me a booklet on all that stuff and extended peeks - we have volumes' worth of stuff on WT and YZ, but TS is barely covered by anything.

Fuck we never even got a good write up from Rob about the track art

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'm very interested in seeing what the essay would be for The Slip. With Teeth has a lot of historical perspective to focus on, and Year Zero of course has the ARG, but The Slip came about so quickly, and so little is known about the background of it (beyond being put together on the fly in a short span of time) that I don't know what I would assume the essay would cover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    All you folks getting these things for literally half the price it'd cost us UKers makes me physically sick.
    Agreed!! It would be like a Muse record going for a $100 stateside just because they are from the U.K.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Went out and bought TDS and The Fragile today. In a physical record store because I can’t be arsed to deal with the online shit. On my way home to give them a spin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I finally open the most recent purchases from last month. No download code with Add Violence. I know some people mentioned the same thing with their copies. All the other I bought did come with a code (TF, Deviations, NTAE, and Broken).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just bought Welcome Oblivion (I know not NIN), but I wanna share my collection of NIN real quick. So, my first NIN album I bought was The Fragile on double CD, then the other albums I got in order after that was The Slip and Ghosts I-IV for free digital download, Year Zero on iTunes, Pretty Hate Machine and Add Violence on vinyl, Downward Spiral DE and Broken on CD and then most recently The Fragile Definitive 2017 Edition. Gonna get The Slip and Broken on vinyl because why not haha

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Listening to The Fragile at the moment. Listened to The Downward Spiral earlier.

Holy shit, these records sound good. And I'm so happy to finally own the vinyl version of The Fragile. The essays are great reads as well. Especially enjoyed Bob Ezrin's recollections. I'm a bit bummed by the fact that the download cards merely point to mp3s, rather than the high-res audio you get from the official store, but I'll live.

Will definitely have to get Broken, NTAE and AV as well, and soon. The former is the only one I haven't seen in any record stores, for some reason. But at this point, if I have to get it at the official store (which I have a 20% voucher from SandVag for anyway), so be it.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solvethebox View Post
    They did indeed say "2017 Definitive Edition" before.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170403...lections/music

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I've been sitting on my 20% off code waiting for the other Definitive Editions. Hopefully (1) the code works at all and (2) it hasn't expired by the time they're finally put up for sale.