Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1144

Thread: Vinyl Rereleases December 2016

  1. #1111
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,081
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Broken and TDS are now out of stock. The Fragile has gone out of stock several times, so this doesn't mean they're both gone forever. Just a heads-up.

    Also, the reissues, Deviations, and NTAE now no longer say pre-order, which makes sense, because they haven't been preorders for nearly a month now.

  2. #1112
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    47
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I ordered The Fragile: Deviations 1 on Tuesday the 29th around 9:00a, and it was delivered sometime this afternoon. We're experiencing a heatwave in LA right now, and I was worried the records would be warped from the 107 degree heat, but all is well. Arrived in perfect condition. So happy to have this release.

  3. #1113
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    LIC, NY
    Posts
    374
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    So...I didn't love the Broken and TDS essays. I dug Ezrin's because he was a part of it (even if, as he says, it was a small part). Since it looks like Reznor's not going to write about his own work (which I can appreciate), I'd love to see essays from Dave Grohl for WT, Rob Sheridan or maybe Saul Williams for Year Zero (although they might get one of the 42 Entertainment people who are working on the current pseudo-ARG) and, for The Slip...I don't know...thoughts?

  4. #1114
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    209
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My replacement sleeve for Deviations arrived today, no problems with mine.

  5. #1115
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    6,060
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    So...I didn't love the Broken and TDS essays. I dug Ezrin's because he was a part of it (even if, as he says, it was a small part). Since it looks like Reznor's not going to write about his own work (which I can appreciate), I'd love to see essays from Dave Grohl for WT, Rob Sheridan or maybe Saul Williams for Year Zero (although they might get one of the 42 Entertainment people who are working on the current pseudo-ARG) and, for The Slip...I don't know...thoughts?
    i liked the TDS essay way better than the one for broken, despite both of them having some pretty egregious errors, but neither were GREAT. i haven't read the ezrin one yet as i haven't listened to the fragile DE yet, but hopefully i'll have time this weekend.

    i would love atticus to write something for the slip, actually.

  6. #1116
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    LIC, NY
    Posts
    374
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i liked the TDS essay way better than the one for broken, despite both of them having some pretty egregious errors, but neither were GREAT. i haven't read the ezrin one yet as i haven't listened to the fragile DE yet, but hopefully i'll have time this weekend.

    i would love atticus to write something for the slip, actually.
    I would as well. I wonder if he's too close to it though...

  7. #1117
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    502
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Has anyone outside the US or Canada tried the download codes that come with the vinyl? I've just noticed they state "valid only in the US or Canada" which is a bit shit if you are outside either of those and wanted to gift the download code...

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  8. #1118
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    re: Broken out of stock -

    Makes me wonder if they just took it down so they didn't send anymore out while they deal with the cover glue issue. One would hope that's the case.

  9. #1119
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    480
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnilimbO View Post
    re: Broken out of stock -

    Makes me wonder if they just took it down so they didn't send anymore out while they deal with the cover glue issue. One would hope that's the case.
    Well, even Deviations is back in stock right now after being sold out... and that's supposed to be the limited one. I think you're right though.

  10. #1120
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    At the heart of it all
    Posts
    1,448
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    Help me I am missing the Ezrin essay transcription/scan in this thread, or it's not here...
    Found the whole TF DFNTV booklet (download required)...

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/g53vhkpwjo...where.pdf?dl=0

    Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...preted_by_bob/
    Last edited by Amaro; 09-02-2017 at 05:59 PM.

  11. #1121
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Montréal, Québec
    Posts
    300
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Got Broken, NTAE and The Fragile, all perfect condition.

    Is there a transcription for the TDS booklet anywhere?

  12. #1122
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Put in an order for the fragile and ntae before they sell out for a while too. Got copies of all the stuff already, but in always get two copies of any vinyl i really care about. God knows how expensive it is to get a new or good copy of most stuff ten years down the line if the first one wears out.

  13. #1123
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    525
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    just caught up on most of this thread.

    picked up my records from my mom's house this weekend. broken, tds, the fragile, and ntae were all pristine. ntae wasn't glued, but that's not really something i'd consider a problem. i'm really sorry to see the shipping woes in this thread but these records actually arrived in better condition than MOST records i get, from anywhere. i'm so happy.

    the liner notes for broken and tds were hilariously absurd... but didn't they actually remind you of every 90s NIN article? for that alone, i think i enjoyed them.

    the fragile liner notes made me feel like a kid again. the fragile was actually the first vinyl i ever bought, age 14 or 15 in 1999. i'd go through every single page of that fucking booklet, I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A RECORD PLAYER, i'd just look at the vinyl art while listening to the CD. getting to look through it again all these years later, while reading about bob ezrin's (*incredibly* well written) experience... just a flood of fucking feelings and emotions.

    the broken etching is cool as fuck. i admit i had to come peek here to figure out what the surprise was.

    is anyone using the full artwork sleeves for broken and tds, or are you going to keep your records in the paper sleeves?

    i adored the archival presentation, including the old press releases. i hope that continues.

    lost highway and nbk i experienced a few weeks ago, it's a really cool having definitive versions of the 90s core catalog. especially with the PHM reissue. can't wait for the next batch. don't know whose liner notes will possibly live up to ezrin's.

  14. #1124
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    331
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    is anyone using the full artwork sleeves for broken and tds, or are you going to keep your records in the paper sleeves?
    I'm keeping Broken in the paper sleeves, TDS in the artwork sleeves.

    Unlike TF (paper sleeve only), situations like this sometimes makes me wonder whether keeping records in the artwork sleeve could cause damage to it or not.
    Is there any difference?

  15. #1125
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    172
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    I'm keeping Broken in the paper sleeves, TDS in the artwork sleeves.

    Unlike TF (paper sleeve only), situations like this sometimes makes me wonder whether keeping records in the artwork sleeve could cause damage to it or not.
    Is there any difference?
    The white paper with the plastic inner sleeve is anti static as well as generally being protective. The art sleeves will not be as protective ie. bit's of dirt statically attached to your vinyl will be more susceptible to being rubbed on the vinyl surface in the art sleeves - you can usually hear the light grinding as you take the vinyl out and in. Over time this may lead to light surface scratches or worse. Many art sleeves have small shards of paper in them too from the manufacturing process which can also stick to your vinyl.

    Static can be a huge issue if you have pets or other dust sources around as you will constantly have to clean the vinyl before use. The anti static sleeves definitely work and I always have spare ones to use on any vinyl that comes in without them.

    With non anti-static sleeves, I have witnessed the statically charged LP's in action - between the short time of removing the LP from a sleeve and putting it on the turntable, cat fur (in my case) attaches on to the LP quicker than you can clean it off which can be very frustrating!

  16. #1126
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    331
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afors View Post
    The white paper with the plastic inner sleeve is anti static as well as generally being protective. The art sleeves will not be as protective ie. bit's of dirt statically attached to your vinyl will be more susceptible to being rubbed on the vinyl surface in the art sleeves - you can usually hear the light grinding as you take the vinyl out and in. Over time this may lead to light surface scratches or worse. Many art sleeves have small shards of paper in them too from the manufacturing process which can also stick to your vinyl.

    Static can be a huge issue if you have pets or other dust sources around as you will constantly have to clean the vinyl before use. The anti static sleeves definitely work and I always have spare ones to use on any vinyl that comes in without them.

    With non anti-static sleeves, I have witnessed the statically charged LP's in action - between the short time of removing the LP from a sleeve and putting it on the turntable, cat fur (in my case) attaches on to the LP quicker than you can clean it off which can be very frustrating!
    I have two welsh corgis, which means my house is full of dog hair, so thank you for the information!
    I'll switch to anti-static paper sleeves instantly.

  17. #1127
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey, sorry if this has been asked, but I couldn't find an answer. So - has anyone in Europe received their DE of The Fragile? I ordered at the beginning of the year and I am still waiting here in Germany. Any information would be appreciated!

  18. #1128
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Salamanca, Spain
    Posts
    187
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by unretrofied View Post
    Hey, sorry if this has been asked, but I couldn't find an answer. So - has anyone in Europe received their DE of The Fragile? I ordered at the beginning of the year and I am still waiting here in Germany. Any information would be appreciated!
    Ordered it from the US store, and received it (with corners screwed :/ )

  19. #1129
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuenthez View Post
    Ordered it from the US store, and received it (with corners screwed :/ )
    Thanks for your response. That sucks. I wonder if it is stuck at customs. Ugh! When did you get yours?

  20. #1130
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    172
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by unretrofied View Post
    Hey, sorry if this has been asked, but I couldn't find an answer. So - has anyone in Europe received their DE of The Fragile? I ordered at the beginning of the year and I am still waiting here in Germany. Any information would be appreciated!
    Received my copy from UK store about 2 weeks ago. Intact along with TDS DE, NTAE. Ordered 16 Dec 2016.

  21. #1131
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afors View Post
    Received my copy from UK store about 2 weeks ago. Intact along with TDS DE, NTAE. Ordered 16 Dec 2016.
    I ordered from nin.com - was there an option to choose UK or US? This is so frustrating. I am considering a refund request at this point.

  22. #1132
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    172
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by unretrofied View Post
    I ordered from nin.com - was there an option to choose UK or US? This is so frustrating. I am considering a refund request at this point.
    it's automated based on IP address. UK IP's (and I thought EU IP's) should automatically be directed to -

    http://store-uk.nin.com/

    US/CA etc go to -

    https://store.nin.com/

    You can buy from either, but I currently don't trust the packaging of vinyl from US store.

  23. #1133
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afors View Post
    it's automated based on IP address. UK IP's (and I thought EU IP's) should automatically be directed to -

    http://store-uk.nin.com/

    US/CA etc go to -

    https://store.nin.com/

    You can buy from either, but I currently don't trust the packaging of vinyl from US store.
    Qell, I suppose I ordered from the US store then, as I am based in Germany. Oh man!

  24. #1134
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Salamanca, Spain
    Posts
    187
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by unretrofied View Post
    Qell, I suppose I ordered from the US store then, as I am based in Germany. Oh man!
    Did you pay with Dollars or pounds? This way you'll know where you ordered. In Germany, should be UK.

  25. #1135
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Keswick, Ontario
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuenthez View Post
    Did you pay with Dollars or pounds? This way you'll know where you ordered. In Germany, should be UK.
    Try to log in to one of the stores and see what one will let you log in. My login info will let me only log into the US/Canada site. Guess it's different for the UK so that might help where you ordered it from

  26. #1136
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    209
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finally getting a chance to listen to "The Fragile" DE.... so very sweet! I like hearing more of the background effects (like "Broken" and "The Downward Spiral"... they all just seem more alive than the CD versions).

  27. #1137
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    6,060
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)


    finally listening on vinyl; currently finishing up "the great below"

    this sounds SO GOOD. the bob ezrin piece was awesome. i'm still mad we didn't get a 5.1 version on a blu-ray, but this is still a pretty great audio presentation of my all-time favorite album.

  28. #1138
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    388
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    finally got all my orders and refunds (60+ days), and glued broken back together








  29. #1139
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    A warm place
    Posts
    2,099
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    My copies of Broken, TDS, The Fragile and NTAE arrived today. All stacked on top of one another in a single mailer box with nothing by way of protective packaging. Amazingly, all were intact and pristine. Not even a hint of ringwear. I was stupefied. That's not saying it's in any way okay and Sandbag still sucks tremendous ass regardless. I'm just floored something so shamelessly packed could arrive undamaged.

    Due to the rampant issues and complaints with the packaging being cheap and coming unglued, I'm leaving the shrink wrap on both the gatefolds and Broken. I already own TDS and TF several times over and neither has inner art inside the gatefold that is particularly amazing to me (especially TF). Not trying to have waited nine months to have stuff I paid a premium price for start falling apart, on top of everything else..

  30. #1140
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afors View Post
    Received my copy from UK store about 2 weeks ago. Intact along with TDS DE, NTAE. Ordered 16 Dec 2016.
    Same here, ordered TF DEV1, TF DE, Broken DE, TDS DE and the NTAE back in December. Just waited patiently and got everything (TF DEV1 a few weeks earlier) I ordered about 2 weeks ago.

Posting Permissions