Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1243

Thread: Vinyl Rereleases December 2016 (Broken, TDS, TF)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Canadian here, all my stuff arrived today! Broken, TDS, TF, and NTAE!

All were in good shape, with the exception of the glue issue on Broken. Have people been opening up tickets to get new sleeve replacements with success? I'm still waiting for my Deviations replacement sleeve.
    Last edited by Callahan; 08-29-2017 at 05:03 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So I'm comparing the text of the Broken sleeve, biggest difference is the block of text is rotated 90° but here's the details of the text.

original:
    management: john a. malm jr. for conservative assistants: brian liesegang, sean beavan, chris vrenna
    additional engineers, etc. along the way: paul kendall, the kill bennedy, leo herrara, john (genghis)
    aguto, mike baumgartner, martin brumbach, trevor bum-cleaver sadler extra real drums on 2 and 6:
    martin atkins, chris vrenna barks and roars: maise the sound of this recording was influneced by my
    live band in 1991 featuring: richard patrick, jeff ward, james woolley studios: hell (new orleans), royal
    recorders (lake geneva), south beach studios (miami beach), village recorder (los angeles), a & m (los
    angeles), pig (beverly hills) mastering: tom baker at futuredisc merchandise: paul steels and jerry
    long legal: michael s. toorock booking gerry gerrard for intertalent publicity: sioux zimmerman
    thank you: jimmy iovine, chris blackwell, ros earls, marc marot, james dowdall, nick angel, james
    spencer and all at island uk, paul connolly, eric greenspan, rick rubin, joe mcewen, seymour stein, susie
    tallman, mark o,shea, ian copeland, a & m studios, kevin westenberg, sheria rees-davies no thanks: you
    know who you fucking are the slave thinks he is released from bondage only to find a stronger set of
    chains for info write (we promise we'll send you something this time): po box 16681, cleveland, ohio 44116
    usa sleeve design and photography: gary talpas for black sun

remastered:
    assistants: brian liesegang, sean beavan, chris vrenna additional engineers, etc. along the way: paul
    kendall, the kill bennedy, leo herrara, john (genghis) aguto, mike baumgartner, martin brumbach,
    trevor bum-cleaver sadler extra real drums on 2 and 6: martin atkins, chris vrenna barks and roars:
    maise the sound of this recording was influneced by my live band in 1991 featuring: richard patrick,
    jeff ward, james woolley studios: hell (new orleans), royal recorders (lake geneva), south beach studios
    (miami beach), village recorder (los angeles), a&m (los angeles), pig (beverly hills) remastered by:
    tom baker at baker mastering vinyl mastering: john golden at golden mastering management: silva
    artist management legal: zia modabber for kitten munchkin rosenman lip, ross rosen for ross b. rosen
    & associated, llc booking: marc geiger for wme business management: william harper and michael
    walsh for gelfand, rennet & feldman thank you: jimmy iovine, ros earls, island uk, eric greenspan, rick
    rubin, joe mcewen, seymour stein, susie tallman, mark o'shea, ian copeland, a&m studios and kevin
    westenberg, sheria rees-davies no thank yous: you know who you fucking are the slave thinks he
    is released from bondage only to find a stronger set of chains sleeve design and photography: gary
    tapas for black sun reissue are supervision: john crawford ©2017 interscope records. b0025684-01ev03
    Last edited by MrLobster; 08-29-2017 at 11:06 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    this guy on discogs posted the following one-star review of the new pressing of Broken

SecretRecords

August 26, 2017

It could have just fit on a 12". What's the point of a one sided 12" with a 7"? More stupid choices by labels.

i (and a couple others) pointed out that the format was trent's decision (both initially in 1992 and with the new pressing), and that this wasn't released by a label. what a turd.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I am a big vinyl nerd and these are all amongst the best sounding records I own-NTAE especially. I see why these took so long.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just finished listening to The Downward Spiral... *low whistle* damn... that sounds nice.

I'll be comparing it to that Back To Black release, but my first impression is that the details sounded richer over all.

What a great album!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Broken and TDS are now out of stock. The Fragile has gone out of stock several times, so this doesn't mean they're both gone forever. Just a heads-up.

Also, the reissues, Deviations, and NTAE now no longer say pre-order, which makes sense, because they haven't been preorders for nearly a month now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I ordered The Fragile: Deviations 1 on Tuesday the 29th around 9:00a, and it was delivered sometime this afternoon. We're experiencing a heatwave in LA right now, and I was worried the records would be warped from the 107 degree heat, but all is well. Arrived in perfect condition. So happy to have this release.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    So...I didn't love the Broken and TDS essays. I dug Ezrin's because he was a part of it (even if, as he says, it was a small part). Since it looks like Reznor's not going to write about his own work (which I can appreciate), I'd love to see essays from Dave Grohl for WT, Rob Sheridan or maybe Saul Williams for Year Zero (although they might get one of the 42 Entertainment people who are working on the current pseudo-ARG) and, for The Slip...I don't know...thoughts?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    My replacement sleeve for Deviations arrived today, no problems with mine.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    So...I didn't love the Broken and TDS essays. I dug Ezrin's because he was a part of it (even if, as he says, it was a small part). Since it looks like Reznor's not going to write about his own work (which I can appreciate), I'd love to see essays from Dave Grohl for WT, Rob Sheridan or maybe Saul Williams for Year Zero (although they might get one of the 42 Entertainment people who are working on the current pseudo-ARG) and, for The Slip...I don't know...thoughts?
    i liked the TDS essay way better than the one for broken, despite both of them having some pretty egregious errors, but neither were GREAT. i haven't read the ezrin one yet as i haven't listened to the fragile DE yet, but hopefully i'll have time this weekend.

i would love atticus to write something for the slip, actually.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i liked the TDS essay way better than the one for broken, despite both of them having some pretty egregious errors, but neither were GREAT. i haven't read the ezrin one yet as i haven't listened to the fragile DE yet, but hopefully i'll have time this weekend.

i would love atticus to write something for the slip, actually.
    I would as well. I wonder if he's too close to it though...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Has anyone outside the US or Canada tried the download codes that come with the vinyl? I've just noticed they state "valid only in the US or Canada" which is a bit shit if you are outside either of those and wanted to gift the download code...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    re: Broken out of stock -

Makes me wonder if they just took it down so they didn't send anymore out while they deal with the cover glue issue. One would hope that's the case.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnilimbO View Post
    re: Broken out of stock -

Makes me wonder if they just took it down so they didn't send anymore out while they deal with the cover glue issue. One would hope that's the case.
    Well, even Deviations is back in stock right now after being sold out... and that's supposed to be the limited one. I think you're right though.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    Help me I am missing the Ezrin essay transcription/scan in this thread, or it's not here...
    Found the whole TF DFNTV booklet (download required)...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g53vhkpwjo...where.pdf?dl=0

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...preted_by_bob/
    Last edited by Amaro; 09-02-2017 at 05:59 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Got Broken, NTAE and The Fragile, all perfect condition.

Is there a transcription for the TDS booklet anywhere?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Put in an order for the fragile and ntae before they sell out for a while too. Got copies of all the stuff already, but in always get two copies of any vinyl i really care about. God knows how expensive it is to get a new or good copy of most stuff ten years down the line if the first one wears out.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    just caught up on most of this thread.

picked up my records from my mom's house this weekend. broken, tds, the fragile, and ntae were all pristine. ntae wasn't glued, but that's not really something i'd consider a problem. i'm really sorry to see the shipping woes in this thread but these records actually arrived in better condition than MOST records i get, from anywhere. i'm so happy.

the liner notes for broken and tds were hilariously absurd... but didn't they actually remind you of every 90s NIN article? for that alone, i think i enjoyed them.

the fragile liner notes made me feel like a kid again. the fragile was actually the first vinyl i ever bought, age 14 or 15 in 1999. i'd go through every single page of that fucking booklet, I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A RECORD PLAYER, i'd just look at the vinyl art while listening to the CD. getting to look through it again all these years later, while reading about bob ezrin's (*incredibly* well written) experience... just a flood of fucking feelings and emotions.

the broken etching is cool as fuck. i admit i had to come peek here to figure out what the surprise was.

is anyone using the full artwork sleeves for broken and tds, or are you going to keep your records in the paper sleeves?

i adored the archival presentation, including the old press releases. i hope that continues.

lost highway and nbk i experienced a few weeks ago, it's a really cool having definitive versions of the 90s core catalog. especially with the PHM reissue. can't wait for the next batch. don't know whose liner notes will possibly live up to ezrin's.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    is anyone using the full artwork sleeves for broken and tds, or are you going to keep your records in the paper sleeves?
    I'm keeping Broken in the paper sleeves, TDS in the artwork sleeves.

Unlike TF (paper sleeve only), situations like this sometimes makes me wonder whether keeping records in the artwork sleeve could cause damage to it or not.
    Is there any difference?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    I'm keeping Broken in the paper sleeves, TDS in the artwork sleeves.

Unlike TF (paper sleeve only), situations like this sometimes makes me wonder whether keeping records in the artwork sleeve could cause damage to it or not.
    Is there any difference?
    The white paper with the plastic inner sleeve is anti static as well as generally being protective. The art sleeves will not be as protective ie. bit's of dirt statically attached to your vinyl will be more susceptible to being rubbed on the vinyl surface in the art sleeves - you can usually hear the light grinding as you take the vinyl out and in. Over time this may lead to light surface scratches or worse. Many art sleeves have small shards of paper in them too from the manufacturing process which can also stick to your vinyl.

Static can be a huge issue if you have pets or other dust sources around as you will constantly have to clean the vinyl before use. The anti static sleeves definitely work and I always have spare ones to use on any vinyl that comes in without them.

With non anti-static sleeves, I have witnessed the statically charged LP's in action - between the short time of removing the LP from a sleeve and putting it on the turntable, cat fur (in my case) attaches on to the LP quicker than you can clean it off which can be very frustrating!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afors View Post
    The white paper with the plastic inner sleeve is anti static as well as generally being protective. The art sleeves will not be as protective ie. bit's of dirt statically attached to your vinyl will be more susceptible to being rubbed on the vinyl surface in the art sleeves - you can usually hear the light grinding as you take the vinyl out and in. Over time this may lead to light surface scratches or worse. Many art sleeves have small shards of paper in them too from the manufacturing process which can also stick to your vinyl.

Static can be a huge issue if you have pets or other dust sources around as you will constantly have to clean the vinyl before use. The anti static sleeves definitely work and I always have spare ones to use on any vinyl that comes in without them.

With non anti-static sleeves, I have witnessed the statically charged LP's in action - between the short time of removing the LP from a sleeve and putting it on the turntable, cat fur (in my case) attaches on to the LP quicker than you can clean it off which can be very frustrating!
    I have two welsh corgis, which means my house is full of dog hair, so thank you for the information!
    I'll switch to anti-static paper sleeves instantly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey, sorry if this has been asked, but I couldn't find an answer. So - has anyone in Europe received their DE of The Fragile? I ordered at the beginning of the year and I am still waiting here in Germany. Any information would be appreciated!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by unretrofied View Post
    Hey, sorry if this has been asked, but I couldn't find an answer. So - has anyone in Europe received their DE of The Fragile? I ordered at the beginning of the year and I am still waiting here in Germany. Any information would be appreciated!
    Ordered it from the US store, and received it (with corners screwed :/ )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuenthez View Post
    Ordered it from the US store, and received it (with corners screwed :/ )
    Thanks for your response. That sucks. I wonder if it is stuck at customs. Ugh! When did you get yours?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Received my copy from UK store about 2 weeks ago. Intact along with TDS DE, NTAE. Ordered 16 Dec 2016.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Received my copy from UK store about 2 weeks ago. Intact along with TDS DE, NTAE. Ordered 16 Dec 2016.
    I ordered from nin.com - was there an option to choose UK or US? This is so frustrating. I am considering a refund request at this point.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I ordered from nin.com - was there an option to choose UK or US? This is so frustrating. I am considering a refund request at this point.
    it's automated based on IP address. UK IP's (and I thought EU IP's) should automatically be directed to -

http://store-uk.nin.com/

US/CA etc go to -

https://store.nin.com/

You can buy from either, but I currently don't trust the packaging of vinyl from US store.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    it's automated based on IP address. UK IP's (and I thought EU IP's) should automatically be directed to -

http://store-uk.nin.com/

US/CA etc go to -

https://store.nin.com/

You can buy from either, but I currently don't trust the packaging of vinyl from US store.
    Qell, I suppose I ordered from the US store then, as I am based in Germany. Oh man!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Qell, I suppose I ordered from the US store then, as I am based in Germany. Oh man!
    Did you pay with Dollars or pounds? This way you'll know where you ordered. In Germany, should be UK.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuenthez View Post
    Did you pay with Dollars or pounds? This way you'll know where you ordered. In Germany, should be UK.
    Try to log in to one of the stores and see what one will let you log in. My login info will let me only log into the US/Canada site. Guess it's different for the UK so that might help where you ordered it from