Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 930 of 1253

Thread: Vinyl Rereleases December 2016

  1. #901
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    6,423
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    2nd photo (sticker): "made in the eu"

    Sooo... variants, even?
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddamash View Post
    Well shit. I was really hoping there was only going to be 1. It's proving hard enough to get the US versions. Ugh.
    the pressing plant they're using is based in europe; there's no US pressing.

  2. #902
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    546
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    the pressing plant they're using is based in europe; there's no US pressing.
    Nice! So is this the same for all of the vinyl releases then? Thanks man!

  3. #903
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanLoser View Post
    The person sho made the edit to add the photo on Discogs could just be bullshitting us and made a (poor) photoshop of the label. That might explain the extreme amount of artefacting in seeing on the picture.
    That's what i'm thinking too because i find it really suspicious that the guy is ONLY posting pictures of the sticker on the shrinkwrap and no pictures of the actual cover.

  4. #904
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    6,423
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddamash View Post
    Nice! So is this the same for all of the vinyl releases then? Thanks man!
    i would imagine (and hope) so. the actual vinyl in the fragile deviations is pristine. i agree with what a bunch of people have said in that it's probably the best-pressed record i own. it is DEAD quiet between tracks with no imperfections, which is a really rare thing, especially these days.

  5. #905
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,120
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    the pressing plant they're using is based in europe; there's no US pressing.
    So uh, why doesn't The Fragile and Deviations 1 say "made in the eu"?

  6. #906
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Having now sat through a single listen of the entire Deviation vinyl set, I only have positive feedback. The vinyl that I have is very, very quiet and is a fine example of what can be achieved with this format when it is pressed with care. I counted only one slight 'pop' throughout 3 hours of listening. The quiet sections are indeed quiet with either no surface noise or absolute bare minimum - thus the atmosphere of the piece is fully conveyed without any distraction. Having held each LP under the light, I can see no surface marks or scuffs whatever - probably because the sleeves themselves have decent plastic inner and opposed to bare paper. I have had three copies of the new Roger Waters album now which comes in paper sleeves and every copy has had nasty scuff marks. In addition, I also recently acquired the 2015 Bicycle Remaster of PHM on double vinyl and it is an awful pressing, with significant surface noise, crackle and pops. This is particularly distracting during SICNH, obviously being such a quiet and atmospheric piece. No such grievance with Deviations.

    As for the music - I like it but to be honest I am looking forward to Fragile arriving. As a companion piece it is great but it is no substitute for the full fat version.

  7. #907
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    6,423
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    So uh, why doesn't The Fragile and Deviations 1 say "made in the eu"?
    shit, i just checked and deviations was pressed by Pallas USA (which is the sister branch of a german pressing plant). hopefully, though, that means that the german location is pressing the DEs, which would also explain why they got pushed back a bit in terms of shipping date.

  8. #908
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    212
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Just got my email that my copy of The Fragile DE has shipped.

  9. #909
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,441
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Same, I cant wait for my damaged goods.

  10. #910
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    3,907
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)
    So how do we avoid pre-orders in the future? This pre-order wait to shipment time was longer than some kickstarters i've pledged on.

  11. #911
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,115
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Got my shipping notification for The Fragile too. I'd imagine that the shipping notification for Broken is in my mother's emails.

    As infuriating as this wait has been, I've still been hit by that thrill of seeing a shipping notification and knowing my shit is on the way. I certainly feel for the people (and there are a lot of them) who haven't been as fortunate with both of these shitty companies, though. I really hope this means that we're close to putting this entire debacle behind us. Just in time for the next round of preorders, lmao.

  12. #912
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    212
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    As for the music - I like it but to be honest I am looking forward to Fragile arriving. As a companion piece it is great but it is no substitute for the full fat version.
    I loved hearing the instrumentals to one of my favorite albums with one of the best title tracks out there, but I agree. (Also wouldn't have minded hearing them ... in a more timely, 10th anniversary type fashion, ahem, but I understand it was something he was avoiding as the recording was Not A Good Time for TR.) I sold my original several years ago for short-term financial reasons and have always regretted it. It had a lot of sentimental value even though it was pretty worn in a couple spots due to overplaying with a worn out needle. I'm looking forward to it joining me (again), finally.

  13. #913
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    546
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfilian View Post
    ...I also recently acquired the 2015 Bicycle Remaster of PHM on double vinyl...
    Can I ask where? And to be clear, not the UMe Remaster, right? Despite your warnings, I still have to check this box in my collection. I know the nin.com store had it in stock at one point and has it currently listed as "coming soon", but if I could not deal with Sandbag that'd be nice. We'll see after my 4 pending orders are fulfilled and the dust has settled.

  14. #914
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    LIC, NY
    Posts
    406
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    So how do we avoid pre-orders in the future? This pre-order wait to shipment time was longer than some kickstarters i've pledged on.
    We don't pre-order. SOunds easy enough. But, how fast did everyone here pre-order EVERYTHING in December and again in July? At our hearts, we're consumers. Honestly though, after this diarrhea hurricane, I'd like to think I'm not going to pre-order anything from nin.com again unless it explicitly says "THIS IS ONLY AVAILABLE HERE". And even then...it's going to sting.

  15. #915
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    LIC, NY
    Posts
    406
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quick question to everyone receiving their Fragile DE shipping info now...are these from your original December order?

  16. #916
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Minot, ND
    Posts
    142
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Quick question to everyone receiving their Fragile DE shipping info now...are these from your original December order?
    Mine is.

  17. #917
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    LIC, NY
    Posts
    406
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raptors661 View Post
    Mine is.
    And did you do anything when the stores switched over?

  18. #918
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Minot, ND
    Posts
    142
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    And did you do anything when the stores switched over?
    Nope. I left it alone.

  19. #919
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    3,907
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    We don't pre-order. SOunds easy enough. But, how fast did everyone here pre-order EVERYTHING in December and again in July? At our hearts, we're consumers. Honestly though, after this diarrhea hurricane, I'd like to think I'm not going to pre-order anything from nin.com again unless it explicitly says "THIS IS ONLY AVAILABLE HERE". And even then...it's going to sting.
    Basically it's

    "fuck sandbag, this is ridiculous" until more nin products show up. We vote with our dollars and we're all voting in favor of sandbags practices right now.

    If you bought anything from the nin store after the knowledge of how terrible sandbag is please STFU about how bad sandbag is.

  20. #920
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    A Warm Place
    Posts
    371
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I still haven't received my shipping email on The Fragile (and NTAE) vinyl.

  21. #921
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Terri King's closet.
    Posts
    156
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeninphoenix View Post
    I still haven't received my shipping email on The Fragile (and NTAE) vinyl.
    Same here, shit's giving me anxiety and anger if Sandbag is fucking up once again.

  22. #922
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _T_B_W_ View Post
    Same here, shit's giving me anxiety and anger if Sandbag is fucking up once again.
    Yep, my guess is it'll just show up without warning. I preordered all the vinyls back in December. I got Deviations just fine. Got a shipping notification for Add Violance PC. But nothing yet on any of the other vinyls.

  23. #923
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Basically it's

    "fuck sandbag, this is ridiculous" until more nin products show up. We vote with our dollars and we're all voting in favor of sandbags practices right now.

    If you bought anything from the nin store after the knowledge of how terrible sandbag is please STFU about how bad sandbag is.
    While you do have a point, this is the place where the rest of have to tell you that this is some master level trolling on your part. These concepts can co-exist, I can subject myself to terrible service so that I can get something I want in the hopes that it is different. Especially in the case where a specific vendor has an absolute monopoly on the products.

    What we can't claim is shock, surprise, or innocence. But regardless of reputation, if someone promises one things, charges a premium for that thing, and then doesn't live up to their promises... blaming the victims is just going a step or two beyond.

    That said, I still am holding off on ordering any vinyl other than my copy of Deviations until I hear how orders go currently. Which sucks, because I would love to have The Fragile on vinyl, or Broken on vinyl again. So does this mean I can still complain? =p

  24. #924
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddamash View Post
    Can I ask where? And to be clear, not the UMe Remaster, right? Despite your warnings, I still have to check this box in my collection. I know the nin.com store had it in stock at one point and has it currently listed as "coming soon", but if I could not deal with Sandbag that'd be nice. We'll see after my 4 pending orders are fulfilled and the dust has settled.
    I managed to score it off of Ebay UK. Definitely the Bicycle remaster and far nicer sounding than the infamous brickwalled CD version. The seller now has two more for sale at a very reasonable price:

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nine-Inch-...-/253089706841

    I guess in hind site I should have returned it, but the guy had sold out at the time and I was just glad to have a copy of it. I was unsure if he would get any more in as they seemed pretty thin on the ground. Hopefully Amazon will stock it at some stage and I can keep on sending them back until I get a mint one.

  25. #925
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Apologies for not looking through the rest of the thread to see if anyone knows the score on this, but I see that on the UK NIN store, Not the Actual Events, Downward Spiral, Fragile and Broken are all out of stock, but each is available on the US store. Anyone explain why this is, and moreover, why anyone would order from the UK store in the first place considering that even with shipping from US there's a saving of over 100?

    Seems like I'm missing some too-good-to-be-true catch, here.

  26. #926
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    6,423
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magval View Post
    Apologies for not looking through the rest of the thread to see if anyone knows the score on this, but I see that on the UK NIN store, Not the Actual Events, Downward Spiral, Fragile and Broken are all out of stock, but each is available on the US store. Anyone explain why this is, and moreover, why anyone would order from the UK store in the first place considering that even with shipping from US there's a saving of over 100?

    Seems like I'm missing some too-good-to-be-true catch, here.
    one person in europe had to pay over 200 in taxes because their items were shipped via DHL

  27. #927
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    69
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My entire order is on the way. NTAE, Broken, Fragile and TDS. Just got the shipping notification a few minutes ago.

  28. #928
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    3,907
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamecat235 View Post
    While you do have a point, this is the place where the rest of have to tell you that this is some master level trolling on your part. These concepts can co-exist, I can subject myself to terrible service so that I can get something I want in the hopes that it is different. Especially in the case where a specific vendor has an absolute monopoly on the products.

    What we can't claim is shock, surprise, or innocence. But regardless of reputation, if someone promises one things, charges a premium for that thing, and then doesn't live up to their promises... blaming the victims is just going a step or two beyond.

    That said, I still am holding off on ordering any vinyl other than my copy of Deviations until I hear how orders go currently. Which sucks, because I would love to have The Fragile on vinyl, or Broken on vinyl again. So does this mean I can still complain? =p
    I think the existence of the 30 page sandbag thread of stories about how bad sandbag sucks at literally everything it does in gigantically offensive ways removes the purchaser of items from their store from being a victim by giving the purchaser the knowledge of the service they will be recieving.

    it would be like me going to the gathering of the Juggalos and then being mad that I smell like cheap cigarettes and soda at the end.

  29. #929
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    it would be like me going to the gathering of the Juggalos and then being mad that I smell like cheap cigarettes and soda at the end.
    This made me literally lol. Point made.

  30. #930
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,120
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    it would be like me going to the gathering of the Juggalos and then being mad that I smell like cheap cigarettes and soda at the end.
    Come on, Tony, failure and facepaint.

Posting Permissions