Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Rereleases December 2016 (Broken, TDS, TF)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    OK, Let me just check how much money do I have right now AAANNND IT'S GONE!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    fuck fuck fuck I can't order it for a few more hours I'm going to be so upset if it's gone

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    New. Never. Before. Heard. Fragile. Material.
    LET THAT SHIT SINK IN.
    You know, I hope they saved the best stuff for this reissue, because the extra tracks from Apple Music release weren't all that groundbreaking tbh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Interested to see what the Broken and Downward Spiral reissues are like. Could the Broken secret be the 7"?

Broken: REMASTERED IN 2016 ON 180GRAM VINYL WITH REMASTERED ARTWORK + SECRETS INCLUDED.
    Downward Spiral: REMASTERED 2016 AUDIO ON 180-GRAM VINYL, REMASTERED ARTWORK AND MORE.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Pretty Hate Machine is gone lol

Snagged the Fragile, Fragile Deviations & NTAE vinyl and shockingly shipping was only $9.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total was 251.77 bucks for what I got. If I had known about these releases earlier I would've also got my hands on the audiophile edition of HM instead of a Joy Division hoodie. Guess I'll wait to get it in the next batch of remasters, soon.
    Last edited by _T_B_W_; 12-16-2016 at 03:44 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whatkilesaid View Post
    Interested to see what the Broken and Downward Spiral reissues are like. Could the Broken secret be the 7"?

Broken: REMASTERED IN 2016 ON 180GRAM VINYL WITH REMASTERED ARTWORK + SECRETS INCLUDED.
    Downward Spiral: REMASTERED 2016 AUDIO ON 180-GRAM VINYL, REMASTERED ARTWORK AND MORE.
    the secret is something other than the 7" since it lists it as a single LP + 7"

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I just ordered Broken, TDS, Fragile, Fragile Deviations 1, and the new release in Vinyl & physical.
    So for this year my Christmas presents are a new pair of speakers, this all new NIN re-releases, Pink Floyd box and the Crimson box.
    I can't wait to see my credit card bill next month.
    Last edited by Lerxto; 12-16-2016 at 04:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    the secret is something other than the 7" since it lists it as a single LP + 7"
    The Broken Movie Restored and Extended with full Happiness In Slavery video in a dvd sleeve.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _T_B_W_ View Post
    The Broken Movie Restored and Extended with full Happiness In Slavery video in a dvd sleeve.

speculation?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbitman View Post
    speculation?
    The fat lady is singing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _T_B_W_ View Post
    The fat lady is singing.
    man if you're right holy fuck. it would be amazing

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    It'll certainly be interesting to see what goes on with that one - what's updated and what's kept the same, etc. I actually really love The Slip, but IMO there's increasingly less need for "definitive editions" as one walks through the NIN discography. He already had complete control over everything when The Slip was released, so it's hard to imagine what's not already "definitive" about it.

Still, I'm a sucker and will almost certainly buy it regardless.

(I suppose, for that matter it's a bit weird to have a "definitive" TDS, when we had that deluxe edition however many years ago. Though since we've already established my suckerness I must admit I've already bought that one.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    anyone know when the two new vinyls ship? I know the old ones do spring 2017

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Bahahahaha

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Bahahahaha

Funny how movies travel
    (dooo doo, dooo doo)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    It'll certainly be interesting to see what goes on with that one - what's updated and what's kept the same, etc. I actually really love The Slip, but IMO there's increasingly less need for "definitive editions" as one walks through the NIN discography. He already had complete control over everything when The Slip was released, so it's hard to imagine what's not already "definitive" about it.

Still, I'm a sucker and will almost certainly buy it regardless.

(I suppose, for that matter it's a bit weird to have a "definitive" TDS, when we had that deluxe edition however many years ago. Though since we've already established my suckerness I must admit I've already bought that one.)
    trent never actually approved any vinyl master for the album, so every version that's out there has split segues between tracks that are meant to flow into one another. i would imagine that's going to be the main difference.

as for the slip, i'm not sure what will be different about it, but since i quite enjoy that album, i'm excited!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    What do you guys think happens to the old Fragile vinyl copies in the market, are they going to drop in price from usual $200 or grow even more?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    What do you guys think happens to the old Fragile vinyl copies in the market, are they going to drop in price from usual $200 or grow even more?
    right now, they're going to go WAY up. then they will drop in price. after the new version has been out for a bit, the originals will go back up. that's my prediction.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Over $30 for standard shipping to the US of both Fragile editions? Seems a bit high...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    As for me, I love this new direction (LPs + Hi-Res Downloads) NIN is headed. CDs are quite useless now, especially when everything is being released in hi-resolution MQS audio.
    I can't remember the last time I actually put my CD on my system to listen to it. I rip it in FLAC, and then it collects dust.
    Also, LP mastering and DR range are much better compared to CDs, the only downside is that it's harder to rip LPs than to rip CDs (using Audacity and everything) but that problem's already taken care of with the official downloads.

So, roughly 6 days left...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    CDs are quite useless now....
    I disagree, I listen to my cds all the time, my download of the new ep will be burned to one and that is how I will listen to it. Not everyone has gadgets, I have a computer and a "dumb" phone. Keeps life simple. I would pay $80 for the cd.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I literally ordered one of everything. And TWO of the "physical component." God dammit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Vinyl releases for Further Down the Spiral and Still would be nice, too

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm thinking about telling buyers of my flat "OK, I don't want to wait for your bank and my $50.000, just gimme $1.000 and it's yours. I need to buy some records you know..." ;-)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbitman View Post
    NIN reddit. there is a code you can type in to see the number

https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...any_copies_of/
    Broken, TDS both also have inventory countdowns that point to an initial 5k deployment. Not certain what to make of that. I'm still thinking they'll place pre-orders for some amount of time, make one big batch, then break the mold.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zaps30 View Post
    Over $30 for standard shipping to the US of both Fragile editions? Seems a bit high...
    I got both Fragile editions and the new EP on vinyl and domestic US shipping was only $9 to TN.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I'm getting Fragile and Social Ne- OH WAIT FUCK YOU GUYS

I have all the main albums, hoping the remix ones (missing YZR most importantly), hoping Still gets an issue. But other than that, fucking yay for reissues and bringing back the vinyl.