Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Rereleases December 2016 (Broken, TDS, TF)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    I got both Fragile editions and the new EP on vinyl and domestic US shipping was only $9 to TN.
    I'm in RI. I wouldn't think it would be $30. I ordered both Fragile edition and the new EP digital/physical product. I tried ordering just the Fragile items separately and standard shipping was the same. I just sent them an email about (Firebrand customer service).

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zaps30 View Post
    I'm in RI. I wouldn't think it would be $30. I ordered both Fragile edition and the new EP digital/physical product. I tried ordering just the Fragile items separately and standard shipping was the same. I just sent them an email about (Firebrand customer service).
    So I just went to double check. My original order for the 3 vinyl to TN had a $9 shipping.

I just did the EXACT SAME order: same items, same address and the shipping says $13. What would cause the shipping to change in 2 hours??

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I went ahead and finally ordered Ghosts on vinyl after years of waiting, too, just because I'm confident it's gonna sell out soon, along with the Lost Highway reissue after seeing that Natural Born Killers had already sold out.

Releasing all of these at once on the back of new material coming out is the greatest marketing move imaginable. Pretty much anyone that might want any of these is now busy buying up ASAP in a frenzy and I'm right there with them.

My mailman is about to hate me.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I went ahead and finally ordered Ghosts on vinyl after years of waiting, too, just because I'm confident it's gonna sell out soon, along with the Lost Highway reissue after seeing that Natural Born Killers had already sold out.

Releasing all of these at once on the back of new material coming out is the greatest marketing move imaginable. Pretty much anyone that might want any of these is now busy buying up ASAP in a frenzy and I'm right there with them.

My mailman is about to hate me.
    Super props for ordering Ghosts, the best NIN album.

But ... it's never been out of stock dude

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Bugger, was hoping we would get more rarities with these reissues. Like Sex Dwarf with TDS.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    We'll we're getting 4 LPs worth of unreleased Fragile material, so I'm not complaining :P

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I'm not giving Reznor a sweet penny until I hear the new EP in its entirety. I hope it's awesome. I'm kind of more excited about the Fragile Deviations I though. Great idea.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Bugger, was hoping we would get more rarities with these reissues. Like Sex Dwarf with TDS.
    I think Deviations will be the new series of rarities. Great way to cash in on the old tapes, and to put out the rare stuff.
    If we get a Bleedthrough Deviations, I will spend all of my money on it. Trent, if you are reading this, please don't do this I need to pay rent.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    If we get a Bleedthrough Deviations, I will spend all of my money on it. Trent, if you are reading this, please don't do this I need to pay rent.
    Can't spell Trent without rent

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Looks like Not The Actual Events physical component is limited to 30K copies.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    Looks like Not The Actual Events physical component is limited to 30K copies.
    I don't need it and shouldn't order it as I'm getting the vinyl. But what the FUCK IS IT.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I don't need it and shouldn't order it as I'm getting the vinyl. But what the FUCK IS IT.
    I bet Trent is having a laugh. "Physical component" could be imagined in so many ways...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    It's Trent's way of getting rid of the poopy diapers and making money all at the same time.
    (j/k, please don't mail me a poopy diaper, Trent.)

Honestly, I think the idea is that it's a surprise. I mean, the thumbnail is a black box that's not the typical CD shape. It could be anything from a special cd to a USB drive to a booklet to an empty box. I can't imagine it would be anything too expensive to produce (because it's $12) or anything too heavy to ship (because it's the only thing that offers free shipping). I don't think we are supposed to know until we get it in the mail. An extra surprise special treat for buying the physical copy.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'm glad it's shipping at the beginning of January so we don't have to be in the dark about it very long. I'm really excited to see what it could be. Probably nothing too substantial, but it'll be nice to have.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Ordered The Downward Spiral. Already got the original The Fragile.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Hilarious to think that almost a year ago to the day, I was ponying up $350 for CITB, and today I'm parting with virtually the same amount for catalogue vinyl reissues + new stuff

Being a NIN diehard has seldom not been an expensive enterprise, but it's always worth it, from album packages to tour packages.

This vinyl reissue campaign is also a godsend for those of us who own the now-pricey original pressings of TDS, Broken, Fragile, YZ and WT..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    It's Trent's way of getting rid of the poopy diapers and making money all at the same time.
    (j/k, please don't mail me a poopy diaper, Trent.)

Honestly, I think the idea is that it's a surprise. I mean, the thumbnail is a black box that's not the typical CD shape. It could be anything from a special cd to a USB drive to a booklet to an empty box. I can't imagine it would be anything too expensive to produce (because it's $12) or anything too heavy to ship (because it's the only thing that offers free shipping). I don't think we are supposed to know until we get it in the mail. An extra surprise special treat for buying the physical copy.
    Honestly for years I've been waiting to see the physical format of cds be replaced with albums on usb sticks, if this is the case of what Trent is doing with this release then cool.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _T_B_W_ View Post
    Honestly for years I've been waiting to see the physical format of cds be replaced with albums on usb sticks, if this is the case of what Trent is doing with this release then cool.
    I actually think USB sticks are kind of pointless as well since once you load the files somewhere the stick is useless. I would like to see artist start releasing just art books with download codes. Something like the HM deluxe without the discs.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    I actually think USB sticks are kind of pointless as well since once you load the files somewhere the stick is useless. I would like to see artist start releasing just art books with download codes. Something like the HM deluxe without the discs.
    Download codes are a lot more pointless than a USB stick. You can lose what you download the files to, you can buy an old album with one that has a code no longer usable etc. USB isn't going away any time soon, and the files will last for centuries no matter what happens to the devices they're copied to.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    HEY TRENT

Any plans for a Slam Bamboo reissue??

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I'm very happy to see the hoarders and price gougers on ebay and discogs etc having a meltdown over their Fragile, With Teeth and YZ vinyl all losing over $100 overnight. Guess you shouldn't have been dicks and bout 20 copies to begin with

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm very happy to see the hoarders and price gougers on ebay and discogs etc having a meltdown over their Fragile, With Teeth and YZ vinyl all losing over $100 overnight. Guess you shouldn't have been dicks and bout 20 copies to begin with
    any links? I just popped some popcorn and need something entertaining

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    I was literally just saying this to my girl. If they care about the art, release a high quality book of art that includes a high quality download. Then you still have the art to look at with the benefit of HD lossless audio. Plus, it would make the artist put more effort into the album's artwork since now you have a book to fill. It can still sit nicely on a shelf.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I am not happy at all that there isn't a separate purchase for digital download instead of having to buy the vinyl. I have zero use for vinyls, I don't listen to them, don't have the means to, nor am I going to in the future. I was tempted to just wait till torrents came out, but at the same time I'd feel really shitty not paying for remastered version of Broken, The Downward Spiral, and The Fragile, because it's NIN and I'd gladly pay for that.......soooo I ended up buying the vinyls, along with the Deviations and EP (physical thingie), ugh. I guess I should get a shelf or something so I can put all of my NIN stuff there. I'm honestly more interested in the remastered music than the EP.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    I am not happy at all that there isn't a separate purchase for digital download instead of having to buy the vinyl. I have zero use for vinyls, I don't listen to them, don't have the means to, nor am I going to in the future. I was tempted to just wait till torrents came out, but at the same time I'd feel really shitty not paying for remastered version of Broken, The Downward Spiral, and The Fragile, because it's NIN and I'd gladly pay for that.......soooo I ended up buying the vinyls, along with the Deviations and EP (physical thingie), ugh. I guess I should get a shelf or something so I can put all of my NIN stuff there. I'm honestly more interested in the remastered music than the EP.

Yeah, I don't have a record player either, so I totally feel you on that front. I probably will buy one at some point, or put it on a wish list, or something. That being said, I bought Ghosts and Year Zero on vinyl back when they came out, have an old copy of TDS from an awesome friend, and plan on buying the Broken, TDS and Fragile remasters at some point. Since they're not limited releases, I hope they're available for long enough.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Well add me to the list of folks who made these vinyl releases their Christmas presents! Cannot wait! Just...wow.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    yikes. was hoping to wait until after xmas to get lost highway and natural born killers, but LH has sold out, and NBK is dangerously close. hoping these get pressed again!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I was literally just saying this to my girl. If they care about the art, release a high quality book of art that includes a high quality download. Then you still have the art to look at with the benefit of HD lossless audio. Plus, it would make the artist put more effort into the album's artwork since now you have a book to fill. It can still sit nicely on a shelf.
    i am a fan of CD/booket tho i do understand the appeal of what you suggested.
    part of why i enjoy CD/booklet option is holding something in my hands, flipping through the pages and yes, i have done this multiple times with each CD i have. its nice to look through the booklet and think of the first time i first opened the CD/booklet.
    brings back good memories, i wish artists would understand that.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperpower View Post
    i am a fan of CD/booket tho i do understand the appeal of what you suggested.
    part of why i enjoy CD/booklet option is holding something in my hands, flipping through the pages and yes, i have done this multiple times with each CD i have. its nice to look through the booklet and think of the first time i first opened the CD/booklet.
    brings back good memories, i wish artists would understand that.
    They do, but the numbers show other wise. I still buy cd's to support the bands, but I'll rip them in apple lossless, listen to it for a while, then resort to google play. I probably looked at the booklet a few times before putting the cd away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    You know, for the about the same price you paid for the reissue vinyl, you could buy a halfway-decent turntable, some affordable speakers, a NIN decal sticker from the store to stick on the turntable, and then listen to *just* NIN on the turntable

Throw in some votive candles and you'd have yourself one pretty badass NIN alter, of sorts..