Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1243

Thread: Vinyl Rereleases December 2016 (Broken, TDS, TF)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can you upgrade the cartridge on the LP-60? That’s the other thing I love about the 120 for the price, you can upgrade it (and have fun with disabling the internal preamp). I like tinkering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    So thaaat's what is going on at the end of The Background World.
    I think it would be cool if they did a locked groove at the end of The Background World on vinyl, but with the full, non-distorting sample.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Did you have a stroke in the middle of typing that last word, or is this something I should have heard of before?

EDIT: I assume you mean the "secret song" on this? All that an automatic turntable does is lift the tonearm for you. It should still play everything back just the same as a manual turntable does, including double-groove records like that one or Tool's Opiate.
    The N is next to the B. Simple typo.

The secret song requires you to place the needle on a different groove. If a fully automatic turntable didn't allow you to do anything as an earlier poster implied, it would be impossible to listen to.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minarets77 View Post
    Can you upgrade the cartridge on the LP-60? That’s the other thing I love about the 120 for the price, you can upgrade it (and have fun with disabling the internal preamp). I like tinkering.
    yes, you can upgrade the cartridge. but, again, you can't counter-balance it properly.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Am I impatient or is it about time the second batch of vinyl releases be available to pre-order?
    Patriots Day and Quake vinyl are being teased forever, and since they are called 2017 definitive editions I don't wanna see '2017 is not over yet' bitching/tweets again.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I still believe he's getting the distributor clusterfuck fixed first. The fact that stores are taking preorders for AV EP and it isn't even listed in the store yet helps suggest I'm right. I hope I am.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    Am I impatient or is it about time the second batch of vinyl releases be available to pre-order?
    Patriots Day and Quake vinyl are being teased forever, and since they are called 2017 definitive editions I don't wanna see '2017 is not over yet' bitching/tweets again.
    New stuff in 2016 hit late December so plenty of time yet! They'll hit right about Christmas again =) It will be interesting to see what happens re distribution of new DE's as we appear to be on a different distribution method already with pre-orders available in US and UK from Amazon, HMV etc for AV EP. Perhaps he's testing alternative methods as well as via nin.com.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    What confuses me is the 'info' section on HMV store that says "
    No. of discs 1
    Format 12" Vinyl EP
    Label Caroline International
    "
    What's with the "Caroline International" label? or has it just been copied from elsewhere from another listing by mistake?

HMV link here
    Scroll to bottom and hit 'product details'
    Last edited by afors; 10-24-2017 at 01:46 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minarets77 View Post
    I think it would be cool if they did a locked groove at the end of The Background World on vinyl, but with the full, non-distorting sample.
    I guess it depends on how long you let it run

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, The Twin Peaks Soundtrack is up for sale on the nin store

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _T_B_W_ View Post
    So, The Twin Peaks Soundtrack is up for sale on the nin store
    Yeah its only an extra five bucks to have it shipped pre-damaged.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Vinyl Rereleases December 2016

$40 excl shipping. Come on hey. I bought it incl shipping for $32

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    The label is Nothing, again. Definitely looks like amazon is going to be an option this time.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I managed to get a preorder in on Amazon for TDS before it got pulled. It was originally scheduled for Nov 17, then went to "date currently unavailable". Just last night I got an update saying I should expect it to arrive November 21, so we'll see.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The prices on the Amazon pre-orders are cheap compared to what we all originally paid. A bit frustrating!
    eg Deviations 1 @ £53.96 (not £80GBP that was on Sandbag) same for The Fragile. Also same goes for US (Amazon.com) store.
    I'm not sure if Amazon are the new NIN store or not, but offering reducing prices as pre-orders today is a strange way to treat all the people who have bough these albums already and had to deal with
    Sandbag/Firebrand issues. If you've been waiting to buy NIN vinyl from another store this may well be the best time at those prices.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    By the way, there's a new Lost Highway MOV release for sale.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Welp, got my preorders in for TDS and TF from Amazon and NTAE, AV, and Broken from Deep Discount. F I N A L L Y.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Welp, got my preorders in for TDS and TF from Amazon and NTAE, AV, and Broken from Deep Discount. F I N A L L Y.
    AV vinyl or AV CD?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    @iamclassic Vinyl. And in case there was confusion, when I say I got my preorders in, I just mean I was able to preorder through those sites because fuck the NIN store lately. I didn't actually receive them yet, if that's what you thought.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    @iamclassic Vinyl. And in case there was confusion, when I say I got my preorders in, I just mean I was able to preorder through those sites because fuck the NIN store lately. I didn't actually receive them yet, if that's what you thought.
    It was what I was hoping for. I really want to see it and am getting super antsy about it. I think it's kind of weird that the preorders are supposed to ship on Wednesday (from Amazon, at least) but yet you cannot even order it from the official store, since it is still down.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Amazon shipped my copy of Add Violence last night.

Arriving tomorrow by 8 PM

On the way
    Add Violence EP [LP]

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Vinyl Rereleases December 2016

Quote Originally Posted by renton44 View Post
    Amazon shipped my copy of Add Violence last night.

Arriving tomorrow by 8 PM

On the way
    Add Violence EP [LP]
    Same for me, but then from JPC.de. The 12” EP.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Just when you thought fans couldn't get more fucked, the Definitive Editions as well as Deviations 1 are showing up in stores for cheaper.

ImportCDs has all of them for order, plus code TAKE10 gets you 10% off on top of that. With 10% off, Deviations is $20 cheaper compared to the official store. Plus shipping costs are good with ImportCDs.

THE FRAGILE: DEVIATIONS 1
    $66.53

http://www.importcds.com/the-fragile...1/602557386103

BROKEN
    $20.14

http://www.importcds.com/broken/602557142792

THE DOWNWARD SPIRAL
    $25.22

http://www.importcds.com/the-downwar...l/602557142785

THE FRAGILE
    $33.80

http://www.importcds.com/the-fragile/602557142778

Not The Actual Events CD is only $6.61 and Add Violence CD is $4.80. The records up there as well.
    Last edited by neorev; 11-17-2017 at 09:54 PM.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Just when you thought fans couldn't get more fucked, the Definitive Editions as well as Deviations 1 are showing up in stores for cheaper
    I actually feel pretty good, considering I only paid for two copies of Deviations and wound up with four, and paid for one copy of NTAE and, again, received four. That's not counting whatever else is hopefully on the way from the incompetent goofs at the former distributor.

But fuck it, $33.80 plus 10% off for another copy of The Fragile? lol SOLD

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamecat235 View Post
    Just to add more fuel to this smoldering heap... I tend to trust Newbury Comics release lists... and the new releases for this Friday on vinyl? https://www.newburycomics.com/pages/music-new-releases (granted, I can't order them / pre-order them online). Also NTAE is listed for CD release (of course).

NINE INCH NAILS - Add Violence EP - $21.99
    NINE INCH NAILS - Broken EP - $25.99
    NINE INCH NAILS - The Downward Spiral - $32.99
    NINE INCH NAILS - The Fragile - $39.99
    NINE INCH NAILS - The Fragile: Deviations 1 - $84.99
    NINE INCH NAILS - Not The Actual Events EP - $19.99
    Not only did Newbury Comics have these, but they are having a 20% off sale this weekend. It excludes sale items so it didn't apply to the NtAE CD, but I got Broken for $20.79, NtAE for $15.99, and AV for $17.59. Very happy.

Too bad I already had the Fragile and Deviations. Had I known they would be at physical stores last year when I ordered them, I would have waited probably. At least my Deviations cover wouldn't have needed to be replaced like it was. I have the 20th TDS so pass on the re-release.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    For those of you who don't want to deal with nin.com or shipping at all, Barnes and noble has a weekend 10% off all vinyl sale and the one I'm in now has TDS and TF definitive editions. I'm pretty sure you can use their website to see what's in stock at the store(s) closest to you.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zaps30 View Post
    I have the 20th TDS so pass on the re-release.
    I would still grab the TDS re-release, especially if it's at a good price from Newbury or Importcds. It's well-curated, sounds phenomenal and also has some nice historic ephemera included that none of the other TDS LPs have.

One can never really own enough copies of an album as remarkable as TDS, in my opinion..

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Just came across Deviations and the while shebang at Sunrise records. Deviations was a hundred Canadian.