Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Rereleases December 2016 (Broken, TDS, TF)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    How can these be 24bit 96khz if the album was recorded in 16bit 48khz?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nycguy View Post
    How can these be 24bit 96khz if the album was recorded in 16bit 48khz?
    As @teitan stated, they were cobbled from their various mix sources (Pro Tools, DAT, tape) and mastered in the analog realm. The 24/96 is to preserve the analog mastering processing. I'd have done the same, despite knowing (as TR probably did) all the bedroom mastering engineers would go ballistic (as they did).

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    @seasonsinthesky
    I'm a bedroom mastering engineer and I love it!

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Senateguard33 View Post
    A better question...will we ever see an official release of all those 1988 demos?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So I've been wondering, looking at the store listings for all these reissues, almost all of them mention remastered audio and artwork followed by "and more." What's the "and more" even mean?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    What's the "and more" even mean?
    Your answer is here.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Your answer is here.
    Man, that took me back...

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Finally got to listen to the remasters thanks to a friend who bought the vinyl (I've given him a bunch of rare NIN stuff in the past, so we considered this a fair trade). Broken sounds really good, as does The Fragile. I can't say I noticed a huge difference with The Downward Spiral. It sounds a bit fresher, but it wasn't as much of a revelation as the other two.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Finally got to listen to the remasters thanks to a friend who bought the vinyl (I've given him a bunch of rare NIN stuff in the past, so we considered this a fair trade). Broken sounds really good, as does The Fragile. I can't say I noticed a huge difference with The Downward Spiral. It sounds a bit fresher, but it wasn't as much of a revelation as the other two.
    According to the LIBE (Legion of Internet Bedroom Engineers), the new definitives are too loud and don't sound acceptable at all on their macbook/laptop speakers. And now they've spent all this money for nothing and it's clown tears galore out there

Those are the major differences I've noticed from the initial versions..

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Over a couple of days, I sat back and closed my eyes and listened to every single Definitive Edition on my Audio Technica ATH-M50X headphones...

And they sounded glorious!

Well defined, amazing clarity, each layer comes through, the new masters shine.

I kinda got bored with the track Piggy, but the new remaster made me hear it in a new light.

Perhaps since TDS had its anniversary remaster, it may not be as prominent for some. But Broken is stellar as well as The Fragile.

I cannot f'n wait for With Teeth! Dying to hear its Definitive Edition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but does anyone have an idea of whether or not these releases will be one off pressings or will they continue to be available (at regular price) over the next couple of years? I really want them, but money is tight right now. However, I don't want to run into the situation where I am ready to buy and they are sold out except for $200 ones on Ebay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solvethebox View Post
    Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but does anyone have an idea of whether or not these releases will be one off pressings or will they continue to be available (at regular price) over the next couple of years? I really want them, but money is tight right now. However, I don't want to run into the situation where I am ready to buy and they are sold out except for $200 ones on Ebay.
    They are not marketed as limited editions, unlike some other items in the store, so my guess is they will stick around.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The Fragile has already been restocked at least once, so they're not limited for the time being. How long they'll continue to press them, no one knows. But I don't think they'll be going away soon.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    This has only just occured to me, but considering the amount of money I've spent on these things "spring" is a really flakey ETA.

...Especially considering the last time spring was a release date for a NIN release

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    This has only just occured to me, but considering the amount of money I've spent on these things "spring" is a really flakey ETA.

...Especially considering the last time spring was a release date for a NIN release
    To be fair, Tension never had a page to actually purchase anything. But yeah, enjoy your August packages

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah, I will be honest. I kinda want to scream on the rooftops 'DON'T BUY ANYMORE VINYL FROM NIN.COM' because the bigger the preorder becomes, logically the more difficult it will be to fulfill production in a timely manner! If only I could get 90% of people to cancel their orders, maybe it could be sent out by *early* spring. Hey, I can hope.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post

Welcome to pressing vinyl. Lead time is 3 months minimum. I guarantee there will be delays.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Welcome to pressing vinyl. Lead time is 3 months minimum. I guarantee there will be delays.
    I'd be ok with receiving one album a month

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanLoser View Post
    Yeah, I will be honest. I kinda want to scream on the rooftops 'DON'T BUY ANYMORE VINYL FROM NIN.COM' because the bigger the preorder becomes, logically the more difficult it will be to fulfill production in a timely manner! If only I could get 90% of people to cancel their orders, maybe it could be sent out by *early* spring. Hey, I can hope.
    Wherever people buy these reissues from, the odds are they'll all be from the same batch so it will make no difference (except I imagine the U.K. Ones will be one batch, the US ones another etc)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _T_B_W_ View Post
    The Broken Movie Restored and Extended with full Happiness In Slavery video in a dvd sleeve.
    you should highlight the blank space under the description for the Broken EP

http://www.nin.com/discography/

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    I personally sleep better knowing there's a guaranteed influx of reissues/new material happening at some point this year.

Doesn't really matter when. The trick is just to stay survive that long, I guess..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Wherever people buy these reissues from, the odds are they'll all be from the same batch so it will make no difference (except I imagine the U.K. Ones will be one batch, the US ones another etc)
    Okay, then I will scream that no one should buy any copies from anywhere! Sorry Trent, I know you have a business to run, but I want my vinyl as soon as possible at any cost.

Do you need me to sacrifice something? Because doggoneit I will make an altar and sacrifice sometime if I need to. Don't test me bro.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanLoser View Post
    Okay, then I will scream that no one should buy any copies from anywhere! Sorry Trent, I know you have a business to run, but I want my vinyl as soon as possible at any cost.

Do you need me to sacrifice something? Because doggoneit I will make an altar and sacrifice sometime if I need to. Don't test me bro.
    "sever flesh and bone
    and offer it to me"

on track - i'm really looking forward to whatever the new packaging and "secrets" are in these reissues. and just sitting down and listening to them. i can't wait.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    So I took my M-Audio ProjectMix IO out of what was effectively storage, and brought it down and hooked it into my computer tonight, and bumped up the audio output to 96khz/24-bit, and I've plugged my Sennheiser HD589s into the headphone jack on the front, and now I'm listening to Broken at an inappropriate level. Life is alright.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Also, I know I'm late to the praise part of the program, but that five and a half minute long instrumental version of The Day The World Went Away? A song that, at a very surface level, seems so simple... but there are so many delicate layers in the song, which you might not key into if you hadn't spent weeks listening to low bitrate audio loops on nin.com in the lead-up to the release of the single. My personal favorite of which was this one. I ripped the audio and played it on a loop and fell asleep with it on repeat. (If you just did this with the Flash, the loop eventually doubles up, out of sync, and it does this over and over if you let it)

Yeah. I understand we're talking about diminishing returns here, but even with all the new, unreleased stuff on Deviations, that version of The Day The World Away is a standout to me. Especially on great headphones

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I always wanted a vinyl of The Fragile, and before DE's were released they were $300 to $400 on Ebay its so fucking cool that for $45 I get a DE the download and will eventually have a vinyl.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    So I took my M-Audio ProjectMix IO out of what was effectively storage, and brought it down and hooked it into my computer tonight, and bumped up the audio output to 96khz/24-bit, and I've plugged my Sennheiser HD589s into the headphone jack on the front, and now I'm listening to Broken at an inappropriate level. Life is alright.
    What DAC do you use?

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarik View Post
    What DAC do you use?
    That'd be whatever's inside my M-Audio ProjectMix IO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    That'd be whatever's inside my M-Audio ProjectMix IO.
    Woops I can't read, I only saw the Sennheiser name drop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not 100% sure this is the correct place to ask these questions, but the Lost Highway soundtrack was also reissued last year ,just
    earlier than all the awesome new "Definitive Editions". I would love to hear the new remastered audio but it seems the only
    way to acquire it was by purchasing the LP set which of course is sold out. Anyone know of any alternative methods to get the
    audio? I saw the vinyl on Amazon but I didn't see anything about a download of the album being included. Thanks in advance
    and I'd also like to add it's definitely an exciting time to be a NIN fan with all these new reissues and ofcourse all the
    new material from the Fragile recording sessions finally seeing the light of day. I'm hoping that these "Definitive Editions"
    eventually go beyond just the proper albums and we get some remastered reissues of stuff like "Fixed", "Further Down the Spiral" etc