Page 92 of 123 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,760 of 3664

Thread: Not The Actual Events

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Black Bomb (NTAE in the Bag)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Do any of the pages confirm that NTAE is Halo 29? I know that it basically is, just wondering if any of the material says so. Otherwise the vinyl might say it on the spine.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I'm getting prepared for this. Going to get some light cotton gloves and make sure I have a lot of newspaper to open it on

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I'm getting prepared for this. Going to get some light cotton gloves and make sure I have a lot of newspaper to open it on
    This will make for a fun pic. You should get a friend (or whoever) to take some photos of the gloves and the component while you open it.

I might have to find some white pants tomorrow for when mine shows up.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Does it have Halo 29 printed on it anywhere?
    Last edited by Ryan; 03-01-2017 at 04:00 AM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    This thread gives me subversive feelings of euphoria.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Do any of the pages confirm that NTAE is Halo 29? I know that it basically is, just wondering if any of the material says so. Otherwise the vinyl might say it on the spine.
    From what I've seen, it's not anywhere on there. Possibly interesting, especially as I'm still not ready to accept Deviations as a Halo

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I really love the pictures that have surfaced of this thing. IMO for $12 we're getting a lot here, it feels like a lot of care went into this thing. Looking forward to whenever mine shows up! Sort of a crapshoot since I'd ordered it alongside the NTAE vinyl and Deviations, but I'm not fussed.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    From what I've seen, it's not anywhere on there. Possibly interesting, especially as I'm still not ready to accept Deviations as a Halo
    The way Halo 30 is tacked on to the end of the Deviations PDF booklet is weird.
    Last edited by Ryan; 03-01-2017 at 03:59 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    The way Halo 28 is tacked on to the end of the Deviations PDF booklet is weird.
    No shit it's weird, because my PDF says Halo Thirty

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    I just think you're having some unrealized expectations or unexpected results.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    I mean, he could just release an album of angsty music without all this wordplay.

I don't recall if it was the radio interview or something in an article, but it's like he feels he needs to explain why the EP sounds the way it does. Like he can't go back and make something this harsh unless he finds a way to fit it into his brand of logic. Which, as a fairly anal person myself, I can totally relate to -- but it's also not necessary. The man can make what he wants to make. If a sound is interesting to him in that moment, the sincerity will be there by default. Doesn't mean he has to live the content of the songs, let alone come up with some lengthy explanation for the fans.

This whole EP is titled Not the Actual Events. As if he has to remind us that this is a fantasy and that's the only way it can exist. I'm just wondering if we really need that preface. So what if he's going back to old gear or old subject matter? He's clearly feeling inspired, the music is solid, and it still manages to sound fresh. Shouldn't that be enough?
    Last edited by Blade3327; 03-01-2017 at 01:41 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
    I mean, he could just release an album of angsty music without all this wordplay.

I don't recall if it was the radio interview or something in an article, but it's like he feels he needs to explain why the EP sounds the way it does. Like he can't go back and make something this harsh unless he finds a way to fit it into his brand of logic. Which, as a fairly anal person myself, I can totally relate to -- but it's also not necessary. The man can make what he wants to make. If a sound is interesting to him in that moment, the sincerity will be there by default. Doesn't mean he has to live the content of the songs, let alone come up with some lengthy explanation for the fans.

This whole EP is titled Not the Actual Events. As if he has to remind us that this is a fantasy and that's the only way it can exist. I'm just wondering if we really need that preface. So what if he's going back to old gear or old subject matter? He's clearly feeling inspired, the music is solid, and it still manages to sound fresh. Shouldn't that be enough?
    I personally think the title is part of the EP's story I don't think it's Trent making sure to his audience that this isn't happening or justifying the dark themes of the EP (I could be wrong).

I think it has something to do with the delusions of the main protagonist, I look at the EP's title very much like The Idea Of You's chorus "none of this is happening", desperate attempts to escape from reality which would explain Burning Bright's ending "I can't tell which side is the dream"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ooh, looks like a cool package! Those lyric sheets are awesome.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    No shit it's weird, because my PDF says Halo Thirty
    Oops. That's what I meant.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Today I received mine (in france too)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Got mine this morning in Ireland. Free postage selected. Pretty cool to get something like this with a download.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Holy shit in the She's Gone Away part of physical compononet there is Reptile lyrics behind te she's gone away lyrics, interesting..

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Has anyone tried to put that transparent image of Trent and Atticuss over the Burning Bright video?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Does it have Halo 29 printed on it anywhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    It can be seen in a picture here

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Got mine too today (San Diego) and I ordered mine with Deviations

https://imgur.com/gallery/WCkDO

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Mine was "Fulfilled" on February 24th, so I'll hopefully be getting at least one copy today.

We just bought new furniture and still have some of the white packing material left (same as the bottom of a couch). Would that be acceptable to open this release on?

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Mine was "Fulfilled" on February 24th, so I'll hopefully be getting at least one copy today.

We just bought new furniture and still have some of the white packing material left (same as the bottom of a couch). Would that be acceptable to open this release on?
    I think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

I'm not opening this...

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bwary View Post
    Holy shit thx for the tip.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Hopefully when i get mine i'll be able to figure a way of framing this lot, anyone else going to?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I'm gonna try to find someone to zoom on it

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bwary View Post
    ...where? I'm blind.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere else, but FYI: I'd ordered the NTAE Physical Component along with the vinyl + Deviations, and there'd been some question as to whether or not the Physical Component would be shipped out ahead of time or once the vinyl was ready. Well, I just got my Physical Component in the mail, so it seems they are indeed shipping it out to everyone (which I think was their most recent communication, though I know it was at least a semi-open question). My order status at store.nin.com still lists "Unfulfilled" (I assume that won't flip until the vinyl in the order is shipped out) and I didn't get a shipping email about it.

Anyway, happy to get it, hopefully it arrives soon for everyone else, too!

Edit: Oh, I'm in the US, btw.
    Last edited by xolotl; 03-01-2017 at 10:24 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    ...where? I'm blind.
    Second to last.