Page 120 of 123 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,600 of 3664

Thread: Not The Actual Events

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Tollefson View Post
    Wait so there are different ones? I want pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, I dunno about the CD, but the vinyl comes wrapped in plastic with small amounts of black powder smeared on the covers. That's what I was referring to! Other than that there's no difference from copy to copy.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Guys...I am astonished. I'm holding the NTAE CD in my hands and I STILL do not believe it's real.

Two pics I took because they stood out to me:

It's the same as the vinyl label but everything about the vinyl has been redacted.

And, on the side:

First official NIN release with a Halo number in Roman numerals.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I am relieved the CD finally materialized - particularly after AV was released in this format, the inconsistency would have really irked me. So, with the most irksome outcome avoided, I can now be bothered by far lesser issues, namely the different packaging! Why a digipack and not a sleeve like AV?

Freely admit that dwelling on nonsense like this is a welcome relief from far weightier matters.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Just picked it up at Barnes & Noble. Digipak instead of the cardboard sleeve like AV. Includes a booklet Spoiler: My booklet is red with red glossy type perpendicular to the main text, similar to the vinyl liner notes. No dust. Not sure if there are variants or not.

Interesting thing on the hype sticker: there seems to be type remnants before and after the title, as if redacted. Not sure the significance, if any. (explanation below)
    i'm actually fairly certain that some of the redacted info on the hype sticker is necessary info on the EU version of the CD. if you look at the image on discogs, you can see there's a bunch more text than what's on the US version (and some of the text has also been moved around). but that's just my theory.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i'm actually fairly certain that some of the redacted info on the hype sticker is necessary info on the EU version of the CD. if you look at the image on discogs, you can see there's a bunch more text than what's on the US version (and some of the text has also been moved around). but that's just my theory.
    It was explained above. The redacted text relates to the vinyl edition hype sticker:

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    It was explained above. The redacted text relates to the vinyl edition hype sticker:
    sorry, i'm an idiot and my brain totally glazed over the explanation

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Between the snarky remark on the AV CD and this on the NTAE CD, I'm expecting a small doodle of a cock and balls on the CD of the new one.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post
    I can now be bothered by far lesser issues, namely the different packaging! Why a digipack and not a sleeve like AV?

Freely admit that dwelling on nonsense like this is a welcome relief from far weightier matters.
    The card sleeve is cheaper to mass-produce than a true digipak tray, and since this is a more limited edition than the Add Violence CD I assume they were able to make it happen for a couple of extra bucks on the list price.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I adore the fact that the packaging for the CD versions is so passive-aggressive. Just brilliant.

Also, this is making me regret not keeping my hype stickers from the vinyl releases. Trent will get us to obsess over anything.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    OMG... it really came out on CD! Holy crap.
    I must order this now...
    Can't wait...

Ok, I just fucked up my credit card this month... $ 19.95 from CDUniverse.
    I trust these guys. Finally NTAE on CD!

Thank you TRENT REZNOR you are the MAN!
    (Please realize that fans like us will starve for a CD.)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    The card sleeve is cheaper to mass-produce than a true digipak tray, and since this is a more limited edition than the Add Violence CD I assume they were able to make it happen for a couple of extra bucks on the list price.
    Ah, I wasn't aware this was technically more limited. Thanks for the clarification.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    So just like i found Add Violence on CD at a local Wal-Mart i went back again and checked today to see if they had NTAE and sure enough!

$8 bones... same price as AV, not bad at all.

I am thrilled to finally own hard copies of the new EPs.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum550 View Post
    OMG... it really came out on CD! Holy crap.
    I must order this now...
    Can't wait...

Ok, I just fucked up my credit card this month... $ 19.95 from CDUniverse.
    I trust these guys. Finally NTAE on CD!

Thank you TRENT REZNOR you are the MAN!
    (Please realize that fans like us will starve for a CD.)
    Dude, cancel that order! Cheaper price here:

Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Available here for $6.61 plus 10% off if you use code "TAKE10"
    http://www.importcds.com/not-the-act...s/602557534320

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    For someone who doesnt care about CDs, he def made sure they came up with a cool booklet, lyric sheet, and design etc...
    That's exactly what I thought when I opened my copy up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I am not sure if anyone else has made a direct comparison, but the CD digipak is made from the vinyl packaging. The booklet is the record sleeve chopped up, lines up perfectly.

The text on the front of the CD is EXACTLY the same size as the vinyl.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    For someone who doesnt care about CDs, he def made sure they came up with a cool booklet, lyric sheet, and design etc...
    I thought the opposite. To me it looks like a kinda funny Fuck you to cd fans. The label has "preferred version" blatantly redacted and the book is just the album liner chopped up so you can't even read it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I thought the opposite. To me it looks like a kinda funny Fuck you to cd fans. The label has "preferred version" blatantly redacted and the book is just the album liner chopped up so you can't even read it.
    Yea but you could say say the same about a lot of the lyrics in the physical component.

I love the artwork, gladden I picked this up.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    You mean the label has "preffered version" blatantly redacted. Yeah, PREFFERED. Someone there doesn't know how to spell and is lacking spellcheck.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Anyone from Canada have the barcode sticker on the digipack and not on the cellophane? The hype sticker is on the cellophane. I had the same issue with The Vietnam War with the hype sticker. This is not a jewel case, what is wrong with Universal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A "fuck you" to CD fans is a weird, passive aggressive way to go about things. Whether you bought the vinyl or were waiting for the CD, he got our money. In fact, since I'm guessing the majority of us bought the physical component with the digital download last December, he's gotten our money twice. Or three times, if you have to have every version available.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post
    he's gotten our money twice. Or three times
    Or five times. My name is Jordan and I have a problem.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    much to my surprise i found "not the actual events" on cd & vinyl at my local record store this morning. also, the new vinyl versions of fragile & broken. the store has a cafe attached, & i usually grab breakfast there on the weekend. always go check the new releases & new used arrivals out. strangely, events is being distributed by universal, not capitol. of course, capitol may be owned by universal at this point. i've lost track. wonder if all this has anything to do with the whole sandman thing.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Really impressed by how nice the CD package is considering it seemed like a fake listing for months and months. It's a really strong condensing of the vinyl package and you're not missing out on any details beyond Side B of the vinyl and black dust all over the sleeve.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Really impressed by how nice the CD package is considering it seemed like a fake listing for months and months. It's a really strong condensing of the vinyl package and you're not missing out on any details beyond Side B of the vinyl and black dust all over the sleeve.
    Can you post some pics?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    so looks like both cds are pa stickered. but they're popping up at walmart?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Or five times. My name is Jordan and I have a problem.
    I pick things up
    I'm a nin collector
    and multiple copies of the same album, they tend to accumulate

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    so looks like both cds are pa stickered. but they're popping up at walmart?
    No stickers on mine.

The f word is on both CDs but no stickers, however I've seen a number of other albums at Walmart that fit that criteria. Off the top of my head
    Prince - 1999 and 4ever
    pink Floyd - dark side of the moon
    Rolling Stones - exile on main street
    Led Zeppelin - presence

possibly (probably?) others but I don't always know what's a censored version and what isn't. I know I've seen Pearl Jam cds that have Jeremy on them (I know greatest hits and I think Ten) but there's a censored version of that song so without buying those albums there I don't know what's on those versions). The examples are all older albums because I know there isn't a censored version of any of them

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    Dude, cancel that order! Cheaper price here:
    I think I made mistake omitting that $12 is the shipping. So the actual CD price was... $7 or $8.
    Of course, if the CD was almost $ 20.00 I would have thanked for your advice. But I don't live in the U.S.
    Amazon charges Customs taxes upfront right away when shipping overseas.
    This ImportCD also states that ships with DHL that happens to grab things when stuff enters the country to charge taxes. (I hate DHL).
    I think, for me, CDUniverse is safer because I dealt with them already and it just came everything clear of taxes.
    Last edited by Quantum550; 11-18-2017 at 05:12 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    much to my surprise i found "not the actual events" on cd & vinyl at my local record store this morning. also, the new vinyl versions of fragile & broken. the store has a cafe attached, & i usually grab breakfast there on the weekend. always go check the new releases & new used arrivals out. strangely, events is being distributed by universal, not capitol. of course, capitol may be owned by universal at this point. i've lost track. wonder if all this has anything to do with the whole sandman thing.
    I wanna get a VISA and live there...