Page 115 of 123 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,450 of 3664

Thread: Not The Actual Events

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This is not coming out on CD.
    So you are the final spokesman for NIN.com.... I didn't know that.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum550 View Post
    So you are the final spokesman for NIN.com.... I didn't know that.
    Since you responded with sarcasm - you seem to have a prowess for completely missing the point.
    If you want to talk about that topic, there's another thread for you here. This is not the place.
    Last edited by Lerxto; 10-17-2017 at 08:14 PM. Reason: even linked the thread 4 u

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    If he released a 3 hour album of him banging on pots and pans and coughing into a microphone, the diehard portion of the fanbase will eat it up. If NTAE came out on CD, there will be enough people buying it to justify its release. For someone who usually seems very self aware of his core audience, not releasing NTAE on CD seems a bit clueless. Just release a limited fucking edition of it through nin.com. press 50,000 copies and say thats the only pressing. Buy it now because once it sells out, its gone forever....It will sell out in the 1st day...guaranteed
    The Slip was a CD, limited to 250k.

I don't believe it EVER sold out.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    This is not the place.
    Wrong EP

I'll just show myself out now.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    Since you responded with sarcasm - you seem to have a prowess for completely missing the point.
    If you want to talk about that topic, there's another thread for you here. This is not the place.
    Well, what happens when you tell people to get the fuck off? Sarcasm is even a nicer way to address them.
    I have the prowess? Come on.
    The talk is about the issues coming out on CD. Not about CD media or its specifications.
    You pointing me to that thread makes you the person who is missing the point.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum550 View Post
    Well, what happens when you tell people to get the fuck off? Sarcasm is even a nicer way to address them.
    I have the prowess? Come on.
    The talk is about the issues coming out on CD. Not about CD media or its specifications.
    You pointing me to that thread makes you the person who is missing the point.
    That thread was divided from this thread because the exact same thing happened back then. Read through and you'll know what I mean.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I don't remember, did y'all complain this much when Capital G didn't come on CD? Or BYIT?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Not The Actual Events

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I don't remember, did y'all complain this much when Capital G didn't come on CD? Or BYIT?
    I personally don't care about CDs but I don't think it's equivalent to those releases, since it's an EP of totally original, new NIN songs. I could see how not releasing any other physical versions of TF1 could rub some people the wrong way, too, although nothing really prevents the content from being released in other sequences/configurations in the future. I'm pretty dependent on the computer/smartphone, so I almost admire everyone on here who has the willpower to resist them

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    The Slip was a CD, limited to 250k.

I don't believe it EVER sold out.
    Thats why I said a limited pressing of 50,000 for the diehards....throw em a bone

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    We did, which is why Trent didn't give it a halo # (so collectors didn't feel the need to buy it just to have it) and I think he complained about it being a cash grab by Interscope to release it at all.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Not quite the same since CD was still mostly relevant at the time. A better question is did people get this mad when With Teeth was not released on cassette?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    ...With Teeth was not released on cassette?
    Sure about that?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Sure about that?
    Well I looked it up and it looks like it was released on cassette in Indonesia and Malaysia and a promotional cassette in Japan.

I think my point still stands

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    For some of us, Capital G did come out on CD; just not in stores. Not that it got much play though; the Phones remixes are terrible.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    For some of us, Capital G did come out on CD; just not in stores. Not that it got much play though; the Phones remixes are terrible.
    I mean sure but then we can argue An Omen did, and that BYIT did get a CD release

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I think my point still stands
    Yeah, i agree your point stands. I too think the "CD is dead* - no it's not" should be discussed separately from the music.

I'd like to ask what people think "Not the actual events" mostly refers to?
    Is it literally something Trent doesn't want but is haunting him? Like some people interpreted one song as reflection of fear of losing his dear ones, but as it turned out it was for movie.
    Or maybe it's him saying that his characters were not real and this is the only real guy singing?
    Or his past relationships and friendships that didn't last?
    Or his talents misused or his messages misinterpreted?

In my language, word "actual" is generally used as "current, relevant" i.e. actual topic = topic people are interested in now.
    That way i could say that Trent warns us that these events are real but he doesn't give a rat's ass and doesn't want us to.

And still unclear why they reused Still cover, which adds to vagueness. Maybe the answer is there's no answer...

* Ultimately i think it's a question of price - i probably won't buy it if it's price above like $7. But many sellers would slap a bigger pricetag on it, like 13.99 special offer! They will want to sell is for as much as vinyl version, i now see a connection with Capital G. It's Greed talking and making decisions.
    Last edited by BenAkenobi; 10-18-2017 at 05:03 AM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Not the same at all, Capital G isn't an halo or single, BYIT is a video ... on a far better disc and quality than cd, not the samethat a crappy old awful format, completely not relevant for nin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    perhaps the delay in the NTAE CD is not being able to marry elements of the "physical component" with the cd packaging in a way that works financially and preserve the CD's ability to play (not being dirty)

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by azad_ninja View Post
    perhaps the delay in the NTAE CD is not being able to marry elements of the "physical component" with the cd packaging in a way that works financially and preserve the CD's ability to play (not being dirty)
    This is easy. Just print the lyric sheets as art cards or put them in a booklet. If the dust is required, attach it separately in a sealed plastic bag. But we still have no fricking clue what the point of that dust is. Ephemerality? Imo, the music speaks for itself without having to deal with that palaver, anyway.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    BYIT is a video ... on a far better disc and quality than cd, not the samethat a crappy old awful format, completely not relevant for nin.
    For stereo listeners, BYIT is lossy, which is worse than CD... or a downmix from 5.1, which isn't ideal either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    This is easy. Just print the lyric sheets as art cards or put them in a booklet. If the dust is required, attach it separately in a sealed plastic bag..
    Ah, but the powder is meant to smear and get all over the product- you imprint on the sleeve or cards. Sealing it all in a separate baggie defeats the purpose.

And from my experience in publishing, even dumb shit like stickers and baggies can break the price point of a product. Manufacturers charge for extra step of manual labor.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    For stereo listeners, BYIT is lossy, which is worse than CD... or a downmix from 5.1, which isn't ideal either.
    What ? on BD ? I have to check that

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    There was no black dust on the vinyl so that's not the reason

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    What ? on BD ? I have to check that
    Yes, you should, especially before assuming newer format = better sound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There was no black dust on the vinyl so that's not the reason
    Oh, really? I didnt get the vinyl myself, but i assumed it had powder because all the photos I saw of the vinyl release it appeared to have been shipped in a plastic bag instead of being shrink wrapped. Weird

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Oh, really? I didnt get the vinyl myself, but i assumed it had powder because all the photos I saw of the vinyl release it appeared to have been shipped in a plastic bag instead of being shrink wrapped. Weird
    Theres smudges on the sleeve, and there was debate over that but I'm pretty sure it's just printed on it. Also, the AV CD had no manual with it so I don't think they're trying to replicate anything but make each unique.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Theres smudges on the sleeve, and there was debate over that but I'm pretty sure it's just printed on it. Also, the AV CD had no manual with it so I don't think they're trying to replicate anything but make each unique.
    it is absolutely not printed on there because each sleeve is unique (i have two copies and the smudging/fingerprints are completely different between the two).

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    it is absolutely not printed on there because each sleeve is unique (i have two copies and the smudging/fingerprints are completely different between the two).
    A sample size of two doesn't mean they're all unique. See: stickers in AV PC, Slip CD stickers, NtAE PC having a few different inserts etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I rubbed one of the smudges on mine and it smeared, so I highly doubt it was printed on.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I mean sure but then we can argue An Omen did, and that BYIT did get a CD release
    True enough. Basically it depends on if we're counting promo releases at all. if we're not, carry on. I'll see myself out. :-D